Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Floodkiller posted:

On Tollymain:

When I found out (in regards to the permaban+reason), I removed his repo access as well as took him off where I remember there were mentions of the team. I will not be accepting future pull requests from accounts that I or others have identified as his. However, GitHub does not offer granular enough moderation tools to prevent any future pull requests under new account names without just banning pull requests from everyone without repo access, which I would prefer not to do as some cool stuff has come from non-goons who liked contributing. If any future pull request can be tied back to him and someone can prove it, I (or somone else with repo access) can remove it.

For the remaining pull requests that were previously approved I'm okay with the thread voting on them again, or unanimous consent on just not including them if nobody wants to defend it, if the content being associated with Tollymain makes the thread uncomfortable with adding the content to the game.

Edit: I will not be cleaning out Tollymain's commits out of the repo as Git absolutely does not like revising history and that would mean I have to go through a 923 commit rebase and remake any commits that may have dependencies.

Totally reasonable, IMO. Thank you for taking a strong stance on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I like that. "Keep what's already in from Tollymain, but don't put in anything new." I don't know offhand what's from their stuff, it's already blended into "Gooncrawl," and then we'd be in an uncomfortable situation of having to decide what's 'worth' keeping because it's attached to work Tollymain did. I'd rather just not know/dig it up, and lump that credit in with "various goons."

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I'm in favor of Fiddler Crabs, because I've been asking for them since the one-handed code was added with Ru and similar design proposals have been approved in the past. Sucks that it was a scumbag who eventually coded it.

Which I think is a good reason to have someone else redo the species, since the apts and other mutations were not super interesting

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 27, 2020

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.

Floodkiller posted:

Edit: I will not be cleaning out Tollymain's commits out of the repo as Git absolutely does not like revising history and that would mean I have to go through a 923 commit rebase and remake any commits that may have dependencies.

:stare:

Rewriting Git history is both a heinous crime and its own special punishment in and of itself, from my experience with it. A 923 commit rebase would have me in tears and wishing an excruciating death on both me and the responsible party.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I vote we make it mandatory that the next crab we get has a racial cloud breath, to make it in keeping with Crawl Crab Lore.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Chaos crabs. Random apts, chaos breath, can only leave xom for logunu.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Holy crabs, who get a breath weapon based on their god.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
...you know, that is actually a pretty cool idea. We have DemigodsPrometheans whose gimmick is that they don't have a god. Why not have a race whose gimmick is that they must have a god and gain a specific racial ability based on which one it is? The biggest problem is that anything more complicated than a spread of damage types would take a bunch of extra coding, but this is exactly the kind of racial mechanic I always liked Crawl for: meaningfully different and unique in a way that alters their whole playstyle instead of just a slightly different spread of aptitudes and statistics.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Okay if any of you win a hermit crab with the spiteful pledge playing with crab language I'll take a serious look at one, maybe two crab species.

edit ONLINE CRABBING ONLY NO CRAB U PLAY TILES

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 28, 2020

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
I accept this challenge

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Araganzar posted:

Okay if any of you win a hermit crab with the spiteful pledge playing with crab language I'll take a serious look at one, maybe two crab species.

I feel like this should be on a meme triangle with "we have crabs at home, kids" and "CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB CRAB"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

"we have crabs at home, kids"
I hear there are special shampoos for that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Araganzar posted:

Challenge accepted.

Edit: This is great, why have I never used this before?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 28, 2020

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

?
...you know, that is actually a pretty cool idea. We have DemigodsPrometheans whose gimmick is that they don't have a god. Why not have a race whose gimmick is that they must have a god and gain a specific racial ability based on which one it is? The biggest problem is that anything more complicated than a spread of damage types would take a bunch of extra coding, but this is exactly the kind of racial mechanic I always liked Crawl for: meaningfully different and unique in a way that alters their whole playstyle instead of just a slightly different spread of aptitudes and statistics.

why did demigods get renamed to prometheans anyway?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

as an afficianado of dumb languages, what is crablang

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

as an afficianado of dumb languages, what is crablang
In your RC file, enter
code:
language = crab
You're welcome.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I think you mean

your rcfile posted:

pre:
fake_lang = crab

Options are dwarven, jagerkin, kraut, runes, wide, grunt,butt, or crab. Butt randomly replaces nouns with "butt".

Crab language only exists from GoonCrawl. It was removed from vanilla crawl after manman lost a 43 game streak by mistaking a deep elf annihilator for a fiddler crab.

You can mix or match up to 3 of these I think? So "fake_lang=butt,crab,dwarven" will give you a dwarvish crab with a thing for butts. Or you can say "fake_lang=butt,butt,butt" and get 3x the number of butt replacements.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've got it as language = crab and it still works.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

I've got it as language = crab and it still works.

Huh, you're exactly correct. The options guide says language is for localization, especially the descriptions in-game - ru=Russian, de=German, etc. We don't update these in GoonCrawl and I wonder if some point there's some Google Api that would translate for us (after it's processed by word-replacment languages like crab and butt of course).

FYI, crab,butt,dwarven is the proper language order. If you went dwarven before crab then crab language, which depends heavily on pretty specific regular expressions, would not get correctly-spelled words. I put butts second so when butts replaces a word you'll know it was a proper crab language word that was replaced and likewise if dwarves have a particular way of pronouncing butt it will be observed.

The inexact process of regex matching has lead to some confusing combos like "Pearl Mechacrab", "Fiddler Crab Castercrab, and "Deep Squidcrabman Decastercrab" . Most of these have been fixed, some remain unfixed on purpose.

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 28, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

cock hero flux posted:

why did demigods get renamed to prometheans anyway?

the name 'demigod' would typically bring to mind something that is somewhat associated with the gods in some form and not 'is literally barred from divine powers entirely'

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

You could have the new race be called "Demigods", since that name is now available. Have them work like Draconians: they have a "divine aspect" based off of a random god that gives them different abilities/mutations/aptitudes. Like if you have the aspect of Beogh, you can convert orcs and call them back, if you have the aspect of TSO you gain a Halo that increases in size as you level and cleansing flame, Zin gives you mutation immunity and vitalisation, etc. And make it so that they're not forced to follow the god that they have the aspect of, so that you can have situations where you almost have 2 gods, or you can double up and end up with a supercharged version of whatever they normally give you.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Floodkiller posted:

On Tollymain:

When I found out (in regards to the permaban+reason), I removed his repo access as well as took him off where I remember there were mentions of the team. I will not be accepting future pull requests from accounts that I or others have identified as his. However, GitHub does not offer granular enough moderation tools to prevent any future pull requests under new account names without just banning pull requests from everyone without repo access, which I would prefer not to do as some cool stuff has come from non-goons who liked contributing. If any future pull request can be tied back to him and someone can prove it, I (or somone else with repo access) can remove it.

For the remaining pull requests that were previously approved I'm okay with the thread voting on them again, or unanimous consent on just not including them if nobody wants to defend it, if the content being associated with Tollymain makes the thread uncomfortable with adding the content to the game.

Wait, what did I miss? What did Tolly do? I can't even find him in the leper's colony

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FulsomFrank posted:

Wait, what did I miss? What did Tolly do? I can't even find him in the leper's colony

He was a serial sexual harasser. I don’t know how many people he did it to, but he did it to me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Araganzar posted:

I think you mean

Options are dwarven, jagerkin, kraut, runes, wide, grunt,butt, or crab. Butt randomly replaces nouns with "butt".

Crab language only exists from GoonCrawl. It was removed from vanilla crawl after manman lost a 43 game streak by mistaking a deep elf annihilator for a fiddler crab.

You can mix or match up to 3 of these I think? So "fake_lang=butt,crab,dwarven" will give you a dwarvish crab with a thing for butts. Or you can say "fake_lang=butt,butt,butt" and get 3x the number of butt replacements.

You forgot jaeger. :colbert:

Unless they changed the name of jaeger to kraut?

edit: I erased my entire .rc in an effort to fix the issue with my numpad on mainline crawl, is there any way to restore the default rc? (note: it didn't fix it, but for some reason gooncrawl doesn't have the issue)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

You forgot jaeger. :colbert:

Unless they changed the name of jaeger to kraut?

edit: I erased my entire .rc in an effort to fix the issue with my numpad on mainline crawl, is there any way to restore the default rc? (note: it didn't fix it, but for some reason gooncrawl doesn't have the issue)
There's no settings actually put in the default, just help info, but here's mine. You might wanna remove "language = crab", and if you don't wanna gently caress with pledges, add "pledge = none".

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

You might wanna remove "language = crab"

don't take this advice :colbert:

edit: sorry, I mean don't take this advice :crab:

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
So I was working on the crab challenge, but the sacrifice pledge doesn't recognize that I abandoned Thanks crabma for Acrabumet. I can't get into the shrimpish mines.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Did you abandon at full piety?

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I assumed so as I was at 6* and got the message "your understanding is complete" or whatever it was.

quote:

11762 | Lair:1 | Reached ****** piety under Ru

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:eng101: You're probably not getting credit because Ru doesn't have wrath, you just get stuck with the sacrifices you made. Try abandoning gods with actual wrath!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

redneck nazgul posted:

:eng101: You're probably not getting credit because Ru doesn't have wrath, you just get stuck with the sacrifices you made. Try abandoning gods with actual wrath!

The pledge is you start with Ru, you abandon Ru at max piety. Once you do that you should be free to go anywhere.

edit: oh come on Zot

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 29, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Maybe the pledge doesn't cooperate with fake langs, for some reason?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh poo poo.

If I can only have three fakelangs, how am I supposed to use jaeger, grunt, butt and crab?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

there's a really annoying bug where cacodemons can spam entropic weave and corrode you even if you are not in their LOS and can't see them or know where the hell they are, and it sucks a heckin lot, any chance someone could look into that?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Dilb posted:

I assumed so as I was at 6* and got the message "your understanding is complete" or whatever it was.

I'll look into this. On an assumption did you save and quit sometime between when you abandoned and when you tried to enter the branch?

someone awful. posted:

there's a really annoying bug where cacodemons can spam entropic weave and corrode you even if you are not in their LOS and can't see them or know where the hell they are, and it sucks a heckin lot, any chance someone could look into that?

This bug is known, it's because cacodemons have Dig and a smite spell at the same time. Smite spell doesn't detect LoS which usually doesn't matter, but Dig special cases the enemy to cast out of LoS; once it is alerted to you, it XCOM-psychics you with acid smites. Need to replace one of the other with a new spell (probably the dig, still haven't figured out how/what to replace with yet). Left the current implementation since I was too lazy to replace at the time vs eliminating Malmutate and felt omniscient cacodemons was at least funny since corrode wears off and the smite doesn't damage so in most cases you either walk away from where it might be or go kill it.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Floodkiller posted:

I'll look into this. On an assumption did you save and quit sometime between when you abandoned and when you tried to enter the branch?

I can't say I specifically remember, but I probably did.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

someone awful. posted:

there's a really annoying awesome bug where cacodemons can spam entropic weave and corrode you even if you are not in their LOS and can't see them or know where the hell they are

I dunno if this still doesn't stop autoexplore but my intro to this was hitting o on a Deep Elf and winding up in combat with south of -30 AC. How can you not love that?

In other news, Peer Pressure pledge completed:

code:
1878130 araganzar the Wrestler (level 27, 318/321 HPs)
             Began as a Demonspawn Reaver on Jan 28, 2020.
             Was the Champion of Okawaru.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on Jan 29, 2020!

The game lasted 04:07:32 (58702 turns).

araganzar the Wrestler (Demonspawn Reaver)         Turns: 58702, Time: 04:07:32

Health: 318/321    AC: 40    Str: 18    XL:     27
Magic:  13/14      EV: 26    Int: 19    God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   3988       SH: 19    Dex: 15    Spells: 6/56 levels left

You have taken the pledge of Peer Pressure.
I think certain Ds mutations (Sturdy Frame, Spiny, Foul Stench, Negative Energy Resistance, Repulsion Field, Passive Freeze) could use a significant buff or rework so the Ds game is more how well you adjust than whether or not you hit the lottery.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well, it turns out that a) daevas can smite while silenced b) silence can't be canceled like other buffs. Rip my ridiculous gnac, effortlessly killed the seraph then died in Zin's temple.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

SirSamVimes posted:

Well, it turns out that a) daevas can smite while silenced b) silence can't be canceled like other buffs. Rip my ridiculous gnac, effortlessly killed the seraph then died in Zin's temple.

Yeah, silence isn't nearly as powerful as it feels like it could be, since it mostly follows Ye Olden Tebletop rules and only silences spells, not 'spell-like abilities'. ...if the trunk wiki article on the silence spell is accurate, it also does not effect demons at all(???), which would mean they can still shout and cast spells normally regardless.

Silence is one of the handful of cases where the game can really, REALLY reward system mastery and punish a lack of in-depth system knowledge. I'm not sure off-hand if silence-providing effects or monster descriptions even mention that 'spell-like abilities' (because that's totally what they are) are not affected. Silence is pretty good against liches, most elves, many flavors of mummy, and many uniques, because they're all traditional spell-casters. On the other hand, it doesn't really do much against most sources of smiting-anything, since the majority of those are abilities, not spells, and apparently(?????) demons just don't care, unless that extremely bizarre and completely unadvertised quirk was removed. It's not like it would affect most demons any, since relatively few are spellcasters and most of their tricks are abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Yeah, silence isn't nearly as powerful as it feels like it could be, since it mostly follows Ye Olden Tebletop rules and only silences spells, not 'spell-like abilities'. ...if the trunk wiki article on the silence spell is accurate, it also does not effect demons at all(???), which would mean they can still shout and cast spells normally regardless.

Silence is one of the handful of cases where the game can really, REALLY reward system mastery and punish a lack of in-depth system knowledge. I'm not sure off-hand if silence-providing effects or monster descriptions even mention that 'spell-like abilities' (because that's totally what they are) are not affected. Silence is pretty good against liches, most elves, many flavors of mummy, and many uniques, because they're all traditional spell-casters. On the other hand, it doesn't really do much against most sources of smiting-anything, since the majority of those are abilities, not spells, and apparently(?????) demons just don't care, unless that extremely bizarre and completely unadvertised quirk was removed. It's not like it would affect most demons any, since relatively few are spellcasters and most of their tricks are abilities.

I almost always get silence and lichform castable just so I can do Tomb and not be miserable the entire time. It is extremely satisfying shutting down greater mummies and then murderising them as they flail helplessly, all the while torments bounce harmless off my temporarily undead rear end.

FulsomFrank fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 30, 2020