Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Dias posted:

You can do horny if your character owns the horny. Weird half-naked demure girls are terrible.

Mai rules and will always rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Ryoga posted:

Mai rules and will always rule.

you're going to have to be more specific because theres at leaset two mais who fit the bill

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I can't send messages on the evo stream because I said something about banning Infiltration

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HerniaFlange posted:

is pretty true too. Capcom's been doing great with everything except SFV on that front, right?

Iceborne expansion for Monster Hunter World added an anti cheat system that's both ineffective and completely destroys game's performance by dedicating many CPU threads to constantly checking your data, completely maxing out CPU usage for many players.

Not quite Capcom(2).sys but close enough.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Du making GBS threads on wifebeater makes me happy.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Wow this matchup seems loving miserable

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It is.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

HerniaFlange posted:

is pretty true too. Capcom's been doing great with everything except SFV on that front, right?

I don't play it but apparently the recent Monster Hunter expansion has a disaster of a port.

And even the original release had incredibly shoddy mouse controls.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I don't play it but apparently the recent Monster Hunter expansion has a disaster of a port.

And even the original release had incredibly shoddy mouse controls.

The PC port is incredible outside of the out of sync updates, which they were fixing, and is basically the lead SKU now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

The PC port is incredible outside of the out of sync updates, which they were fixing, and is basically the lead SKU now.

Not really. It's only good if you've got a PC good enough to bruteforce through the horrible anti-cheat system that they yet again shoved into the game.
Performance has gone completely to poo poo since the expansion.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I agree it was incredible that they tried to ship a rootkit with it at one point.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Sorry if this was already posted but a trailer showing off all the characters for the next Chaos Code was released at Evo Japan. Still no date or platform, but they haven't said anything since Toushinsai 2016 so it's good to see the games not dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAJJOuk4C78

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chaos code owns

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Yo that fuckin Speed Racer dude rules.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm extremely excited for Easy Come, Easy Go to have an anti air version.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I chuckled at the grappler chef.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Chaos Code is rad as hell and that chef is amazing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I had no idea they were even working on a new Chaos Code, but I'm glad since New Signs of Catastrophe was fun to screw around in.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im hype for widescreen chaos code

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Chaos Code is awesome, Grapple Chef rules and will steam yer buns, but this does make me sad that the final version of Matrimelee never got a home port that I know of. I guess I could probably run a :filez: version on my laptop though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

HerniaFlange posted:

Chaos Code is awesome, Grapple Chef rules and will steam yer buns, but this does make me sad that the final version of Matrimelee never got a home port that I know of. I guess I could probably run a :filez: version on my laptop though.

I hate that we missed so many releases of this series in the US. I wish some kind of compilation of them all or at least Groove on Fight could get ported to something recent.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't really remember the specifics but my recollection is that Noise Factory bought that whole IP from Atlus, and now Noise Factory's dead so the rights to all those games are probably in limbo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't really remember the specifics but my recollection is that Noise Factory bought that whole IP from Atlus, and now Noise Factory's dead so the rights to all those games are probably in limbo.

That suuuucks. :( It seems like the newest/last game in the series was published under the name Excite who also seem to no longer exist (and Gōketsuji Ichizoku was the only game they even published).

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Power Instinct is like the most not really obscure but sort of kind of obscure fighting game series ever like it's barely even represented on sites like fightersgeneration and stuff. That last game they did on the PS2 fuckin' owned.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

Power Instinct is like the most not really obscure but sort of kind of obscure fighting game series ever like it's barely even represented on sites like fightersgeneration and stuff. That last game they did on the PS2 fuckin' owned.

It's really sad, I played a lot of the Neogeo version of Matrimelee. Groove On Fight is ridiculously fun too and it's a bummer that you need to either bootleg it or spend a fair amount of money to play it. Is there anything you can do when copyrights end up in limbo? I remember Wolfenstein 3D was born in part because the copyright of the original game had lapsed, so they were able to buy it, is it most likely a case of no one being interested in footing the bill to buy the Power Instinct license, or is there something else holding it back?

EDIT: A quick Google search brought this page (which links to a more thorough article): https://www.quora.com/What-happens-...another-company that explains that they're called "Orphan Works," and basically people don't try to use things they don't know if the copyright is abandoned to because they're trying to avoid being sued by someone who does actually own the copyright and it was badly documented that they did. This sounds like something a company like that Edge Software company did, basically buy copyrights while trying to keep that as secret as possible in order to squat on them and sue anyone who tries to use them for a lot more money than they would have gotten by just licensing the thing out. Weak.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 27, 2020

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chaos Code fuckin owns

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xb4yVqKetY

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1221875558339891200

Evo lineup announcement next week.

My guess is they keep everything from last year (swapping UNIST for UNCLR) and add Granblue. I don't think they'll drop DBFZ or SC6, seeing as they have DLC coming, and BBTAG seems more popular than ever.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

My guess is they keep everything from last year (swapping UNIST for UNCLR) and add Granblue. I don't think they'll drop DBFZ or SC6, seeing as they have DLC coming, and BBTAG seems more popular than ever.

I think BBTag will be replaced with GranBlue, but I'd love to be wrong.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

lol I forgot that Wizard loves domestic abuse and blocked me at some point.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Maybe it was lag but before my last match, the SFV robot voice lady only said how many wins I had. Perhaps even the robot felt shame once I hit 70 losses.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Evo is now like the Superbowl to me, in that I'm only interested in watching the commercials, IE announcements. I just can't care anymore, especially after the Infiltration poo poo last year. I know this is a useless post but still, go away Evo.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Infiltration was their this year too I'm pretty sure. It's a shame that no matter what the hobby, the organizers can't seem to exile lovely people, permanently, for some unknown reason.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Watch AnimEVO instead. Its pretty much all of the side tourneys and they stream it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

If anything gets dropped this year, it'll be either SamSho or SC6. I think DBFZ is fine for this year, although if there's not any major balance changes or a DBFZ2 on the way, this might be the last time it's in the lineup.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Dreqqus posted:

Infiltration was their this year too I'm pretty sure. It's a shame that no matter what the hobby, the organizers can't seem to exile lovely people, permanently, for some unknown reason.

They probably see it as a slippery slope, and they dont want to "cave in" to demands (that dont have money backing it up).

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
The more I watch of GranBlue Fantasy Versus (or alternatively, watch Spooky get his rear end kicked in an anime fighter), the more... I actually kind of dig it? Yeah, the art has a big reason to do with it, but I don’t know poo poo about the franchise but it seems.. kinda appealing in an old anime school fantasy/Record of Lodoss war kind of thing.

Although, I only have any interest in Katalina because I like everything about her. Her voice is deep and cool, design is stylish and yet practical, cool rapier stuff, and she has a bootleg stand (that looks way better than Orie’s dollar store stand in UNIST).

And it also made me realize that I wasted my time juggling characters in Persona 4 Arena and BBTag when my heart never realized I should have just played Mitsuru all this time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dreqqus posted:

They made their core values clear.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

FrostyPox posted:

Maybe it was lag but before my last match, the SFV robot voice lady only said how many wins I had. Perhaps even the robot felt shame once I hit 70 losses.

I think it stops reading your losses at a certain point. Personally I don't like having it on because I don't think it's productive to count your online losses

(The toggle should be under voice settings)

dhamster fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Infiltration thing is TOs using plausible deniability to avoid trouble. We see that in sports and music and <insert almost anything here> all the time. "If the justice system didn't see fit to punish them, it's fine". It sucks and I think making sure that people don't forget this sort of BS is important, because in Real Sports a lot of people got away with terrible stuff back in the day because the media just kept their mouths shut.