Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

hooman posted:

Now ask why the ex prime ministers are drawn respectively in speedoes and with a tin can on their head.

I think I just kinda roll with stuff like that, because Australian cartoon posts are usually preceded by Brit-toon posts where I see Boris Johnson's overly-drawn sweaty man-titties and shriveled penis every other week, while every other British political figure I know of is drawn as a grotesque mockery of a human-chicken hybrid, dancing around it and cawing "BREXIT WILL SAVE US" on top of a pile of toxic waste

Edit: And, to clarify, I still have NO IDEA whether or not those comics are supposed to be pro- or anti-Brexit/Johnson, and by this point I'm afraid to ask

Crunch Buttsteak fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Too lazy to do the edit. Switch the hats and shirt slogans. Replace the sign with "Woman: just a womb's support system" and have the other woman replying "then why are you yelling at me".

I got you.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Amoeba102 posted:

Also note that the animals lifting the log are a cat and a fox, introduced predators. They are lifting the log to get at the animals hiding underneath it.

Holey crap, I completely missed that nuance. Explains the expressions on the critters being uncovered.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

This is what I get for not keeping up with Australian lore

The only problem with this is it means you aren't reading Pope regularly who is a serious contender for best cartoonist working today. Well worth skimming any ugly Brittoon to get to when they're posted together. (So's First Dog, but it's barely-above-Rall art, so harder to recommend on those terms.)

there wolf fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 28, 2020

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

China is demanding an apology from Denmark for this outrageous cartoon.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There’s no signature, what makes it danish?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

It was published in a Danish paper. The same one that published the Muhammad cartoons.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Jay Rust posted:

The artist not putting their signature on it doesn't make it any less Danish? It had to be published somewhere.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

CuwiKhons posted:

The artist not putting their signature on it doesn't make it any less Danish? It had to be published somewhere.

Then why isn't it proudly signed "DENMARK"?!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://www.thelocal.dk/20200128/china-demands-apology-over-danish-newspapers-cartoon-flag-insult

Jyllands-Posten seems to have talent for making super tame drawings that somehow provoke international outrage.

China posted:

Lacking any form of sympathy or empathy, (the cartoon) has transcended the lower boundaries of civilized society and the ethical boundary of freedom of expression, and insults human conscience.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 28, 2020

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
To be fair, I want an apology for that too because it's loving poo poo :v:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can’t tell if each of the germs are copy-pasted or just look like they are

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

They are. They're rotated a little to disguise it but they're all perfectly identical.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Jay Rust posted:

I can’t tell if each of the germs are copy-pasted or just look like they are
Look at me everyone, I'm a political cartoonist :v:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

SimonChris posted:

That looks nothing like Winnie the Pooh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SimonChris posted:

I mean, it's a pretty bad cartoon yea

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pilchenstein posted:

Look at me everyone, I'm a political cartoonist :v:

Yep, if you had any real talent you would at least have changed the virus colour and arranged them to form a white cross :smug:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

"In the statement, the embassy writes that the drawing is “an insult to China” and that it “hurts the feelings of the Chinese people”."

pathetic

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

In 5 minutes I responded better than China did.

Hacking By Another Name

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Imagine being that mad over a boring A Thing Happened cartoon.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

SimonChris posted:

Hah hah. Very funny.

SimonChris posted:

https://www.thelocal.dk/20200128/china-demands-apology-over-danish-newspapers-cartoon-flag-insult

Jyllands-Posten seems to have talent for making super tame drawings that somehow provoke international outrage.

Oh. You're being serious.

And here I thought you'd need to murder prisoners of conscience and harvest their organs to transcend the lower boundaries of civilized society and insult human conscience. What a time to be a political cartoonist.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I can see Gorrell making that same cartoon, except instead of drawing anything he copy pasted the first GIS result for “virus”.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Pants Donkey posted:

This week, we bid farewell to the first month of...

Forgive the sloppiness of this update: it was a busy weekend.

I appreciate these, they bring variety to a thread that can get really same-y.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Yeah, the 2012 blocks definitely help break up the numbing slurry. Thanks for the time-traveling effort posts, Pants Donkey.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

nice goatse

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You’re welcome!

And now here’s a Garrison:

Garrison posted:

The Snake with the Mustache

Trump Defense Counsel Ken Starr said impeachment Is ‘Hell,’ and like war, it is a bad habit to be kicked.

That was enough to inspire this cartoon. War is a bad habit, and John Bolton is a warmonger. He wanted war with Iran in particular and was frustrated when President Trump reined him in at every turn. Now he wants to use the impeachment proceedings as a means to shamelessly hype his new book and hit back at Trump.
We now see Bolton’s true neocon turncoat colors. In Dante’s “Inferno,” there was a special circle in Hell for such traitors. Bolton has penned a book that lambasts the president and accuses him of using a ‘quid pro quo’ arrangement with Ukraine in order to get Joe Biden investigated. Trump denies it, but even if true it’s not impeachable. It’s the president’s job to prevent corruption and Biden is corrupt as they come.

Bolton’s fellow turncoat, Mitt Romney, and a handful of Republicans are expressing a willingness to hear Bolton as a witness. That opens a clown car door and we’ll see who knows how many witnesses for both sides. The impeachment hell could drag on even longer, and that’s not good for our country.

Let the American people decide whether or not Trump gets a second term. Deep State partisans with Trump Derangement Syndrome shouldn’t get to decide whether or not Trump gets a second term. That decision should be left to American citizens in November.
I can’t believe they’d betray Trump, the most loyal man on Earth.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

is it just me or this guy's entire shtick "nothing matters" combined with a little sprinkle of "everything blows"

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
LOL "let the American people decide *COUGH COUGH* electoralcollege *COUGH*"

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
https://twitter.com/ad_inifinitum/status/1221940427521241088

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

They impeached him. The only reason 'it's not a strong case' is because the goddarned Repubs in the House were all drinking the Kool-Aid.

Like he's literally impeached which means the case was strong enough :psyduck: What the absolute gobblediegook.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Pants Donkey posted:

Awww. Trump is blushing!

Also digging the Kelly-eque HEH HEH from Mitt Romney.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

sorry

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Pants Donkey posted:

You’re welcome!

At the very least this impeachment business is starting to get the GOP to eat each other a little bit

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

cash crab posted:

is it just me or this guy's entire shtick "nothing matters" combined with a little sprinkle of "everything blows"

It's not just you. Stantis and Allie are conservatives when they post actual political cartoons, but their real loyalty with "Prickly City' is continuing to get paid by their syndicate, and so they're terrified of taking an actual stance as a result.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

quote:

Trump denies it, but even if true it’s not impeachable.

he said, wrongly

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Pants Donkey posted:

You’re welcome!

This is all I could think of:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

This is all I could think of:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Reminder: Trump confirmed he did it, said he’d do it again, that anyone who wouldn’t do it was an idiot, and then proceeded to do it again. All in a single two minute clip that was filmed.