Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
They've probably never seen that flavor of grow light before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe

poverty goat posted:

why just shout at the devil when you could be in league with satan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wUr4Lut4A

That's actually a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWbZ_f63b48

I'm sorry.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Harton posted:

Maybe your just an idiot?

My just an idiot what?
I'm colorblind and also not a homegrower (yet), so I wasn't aware that is a grow lamp lighting.
What's the strain?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Friendos I realized I can keep the extreme q on and extract a second bag of vapor off the same dose. Good god I’m flying.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
well it's been like 10 days since I smoked and all my breathing problems have stopped so i'm forced to admit that the weed is definitely loving me up, and not the way in which I want to get hosed up

this blows

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

klapman posted:

well it's been like 10 days since I smoked and all my breathing problems have stopped so i'm forced to admit that the weed is definitely loving me up, and not the way in which I want to get hosed up

this blows

Edibles

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Video Nasty posted:

My just an idiot what?
I'm colorblind and also not a homegrower (yet), so I wasn't aware that is a grow lamp lighting.
What's the strain?

C99. You had me panicking that my light took a poo poo on me. Only my 3rd grow.

Sorry!

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

klapman posted:

this blows

Same thing happened to me. Decarbing weed and turning it into other things is the way to go. Tinctures have been the closest thing to the head high that smoking gives, whereas I find that oils and edibles are more of a body high.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Entorwellian posted:

Same thing happened to me. Decarbing weed and turning it into other things is the way to go. Tinctures have been the closest thing to the head high that smoking gives, whereas I find that oils and edibles are more of a body high.

hold-it-under-your-tongue tinctures allow the fullest absorption of the widest spectrum of cannabinoids, smoking is the fastest acting, edibles the longest acting, etc. Does vaping (concentrates or flower) cause the same issues as smoking for you? If not, vaping flower and then making edibles or tincture out of the abv is about as efficient as you can get

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I was really high and I got the mental image of a cat putting some nip in a crockpot Witt butter to make some brownies I think that would make a good ironic tattoo.

Just imagine a cat saying "these edibles ain't poo poo"

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Inspector Hound posted:

hold-it-under-your-tongue tinctures allow the fullest absorption of the widest spectrum of cannabinoids, smoking is the fastest acting, edibles the longest acting, etc. Does vaping (concentrates or flower) cause the same issues as smoking for you? If not, vaping flower and then making edibles or tincture out of the abv is about as efficient as you can get

Yep vaping has the same effect, but it takes a bit longer to build up to so I can do vaping maybe once a week with no problems. If I'm doing it frequently, like every day, it can set off a 2 week coughing fit where I'm having to rely on an inhaler. I enjoy making oils and capsules with decarbed weed but it definitely isn't the same type of high that vaping and smoking produces.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Entorwellian posted:

Yep vaping has the same effect, but it takes a bit longer to build up to so I can do vaping maybe once a week with no problems. If I'm doing it frequently, like every day, it can set off a 2 week coughing fit where I'm having to rely on an inhaler. I enjoy making oils and capsules with decarbed weed but it definitely isn't the same type of high that vaping and smoking produces.

I won't lie, I'd be pretty sad if I had to throw away my bong or my little vape, but that sounds serious enough that you need to heed it. At least you're not immune to edibles or anything, I can eat an edible of whatever size and just go to work, I'd be screwed if I couldn't inhale. It's good there's so many ways to do it at this point, I even just remembered time release skin patches. You're pretty well covered even if it's a little different.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Entorwellian posted:

While I'm not sure about vaping, this is definitely what happens when I smoke. Like it was bad enough I had to sleep on the couch so I'd be elevated enough to breathe properly, it sucked rear end. I guess there might be a chance that I can start vaping, but that's a lot of money for me right now so I'll probably just let my tolerance fade for the next couple months/years

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my plug in vape has lasted me years and is definitely much easier on the ol lungs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Agrinja posted:

The cellulose rolling papers are really good. Hard to roll with but they smoke nice.

Sick! I'm glad you like them. And yeah they're hard enough to roll with I pretty much have to use a joint rolling device. Luckily those are like 5 bucks.

For sure they totally get rid of the burning paper flavor. Which usually isn't awful but it's fun to have that option

yummy!!

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Play posted:

Sick! I'm glad you like them. And yeah they're hard enough to roll with I pretty much have to use a joint rolling device. Luckily those are like 5 bucks.

For sure they totally get rid of the burning paper flavor. Which usually isn't awful but it's fun to have that option

yummy!!

The big advantage to me is that they smoke cooler, so they feel easier on my lungs when I want to smoke instead of vape, so I appreciate the tip!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
learning to make weed butter is the best/worst thing i've ever done

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I've managed to spend $500 this month on legal illinois weed! That's like three times what I would normally spend. The stuff I was smoking just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Lt Dan Ice Cream fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 27, 2020

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Just drank tea through the stem of my CXF. That really does work.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

my plug in vape has lasted me years and is definitely much easier on the ol lungs

:hfive: same!

What kind do you have? I went with da buddha.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Huh, took a couple of empty pulls off my piece after cleaning it, and the breathing issues are back in full force. There might just be something hosed up with my bowl

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

klapman posted:

Huh, took a couple of empty pulls off my piece after cleaning it, and the breathing issues are back in full force. There might just be something hosed up with my bowl

Are you inhaling glass :stare:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah did you get all the iso out? if the glass is clean then inhaling through it should be no different than taking a normal breath

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Iso will evaporate anyhow, but if you're not rinsing it out between dumping the iso and packing a bowl, well, I've had bowling balls with sharper edges.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
IDK, I rinsed it out like four times before doing the test pulls, but the fact that I got it from a straight up empty and clean bowl was enough for me to dump the piece entirely. There's something hosed up with it for sure and I don't really wanna mess with it anymore lol. Think I'm gonna start doing joints instead

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Makin' some shatter and thought I'd snap a pic of it filtering! Turned out better than I thought.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

klapman posted:

IDK, I rinsed it out like four times before doing the test pulls, but the fact that I got it from a straight up empty and clean bowl was enough for me to dump the piece entirely. There's something hosed up with it for sure and I don't really wanna mess with it anymore lol. Think I'm gonna start doing joints instead

maybe it's just something about your lungs that the act of inhaling through a pipe sets off?

you could always leave it soaking in iso overnight and then leave it drying for a long time if you really wanted to be sure it's clean. but if it is clean then it's just glass and i can't see how that would be problematic

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Makin' some shatter and thought I'd snap a pic of it filtering! Turned out better than I thought.

mmmmmmm!! looks delicious and beautiful. I wanna put it on my pancakes, even though I know that's not a good idea

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Play posted:

mmmmmmm!! looks delicious and beautiful. I wanna put it on my pancakes, even though I know that's not a good idea

Haha yes, gotta get all that ethanol out first. I know it'll darken up as it concentrates but it would be great if it could keep that golden hue.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SilvergunSuperman posted:

:hfive: same!

What kind do you have? I went with da buddha.

I've got an e-nano that I run through a bubbler. The plastic plug on it broke so i bought a new one and soldered it in. Other than that it's been great

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

maybe it's just something about your lungs that the act of inhaling through a pipe sets off?

you could always leave it soaking in iso overnight and then leave it drying for a long time if you really wanted to be sure it's clean. but if it is clean then it's just glass and i can't see how that would be problematic

There's a chance the piece itself could be bad, depending on where it came from. I gotta imagine some of that cheap mass produced Chinese glass wasn't made according to the best practices available, so maybe a chemical reaction?

Regardless, go smoke a joint and see how your lungs feel. If you have the same feelings, it's the weed. If you don't, I don't know where the gently caress you got your glass.

Also, I will post pics of my glass tonight after I clean it, y'all should share yours too

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Oh god I think I finally god a job. Which means my 2 month unwanted tolerance break may be coming to an end. The kicker? This company doesn't drug test.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The Dregs posted:

Oh god I think I finally god a job. Which means my 2 month unwanted tolerance break may be coming to an end. The kicker? This company doesn't drug test.

Wait a minute... You were out of work and stopped smoking weed??

Anyway how long is a proper tolerance break anyway? I did 3 weeks this month and found it didn't really change when I got back into it.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Play posted:

I have concentrated weed honey and it's as amazing as it sounds.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Cacator posted:

Wait a minute... You were out of work and stopped smoking weed??

How is this in any way surprising when 90% of companies that aren’t like...fast food do pre-employment drug screens?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Alien Sex Manual posted:

How is this in any way surprising when 90% of companies that aren’t like...fast food do pre-employment drug screens?

I don't live in America so the only times I've heard of drug testing are for field workers or heavy machinery operators. Do they drug test office drones?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dude, basically all low wage jobs in the states drug test.

Whether or not they care is another story.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Many high wage jobs do too. The difference is largely whether they keep making you do it once you've got the job (regardless of wage).

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Hell even higher-paying jobs test. I had to do a drug test at my current place of employment to be a counselor. Pretty much all the military contractors I know got tested. Ironically, so do the people getting government assistance. We love denying people opportunities based on their consumption of drugs* over here.

*Alcohol doesn’t count of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Employment in America is based on how well you can convince an automated survey that you have no emotional needs other than a strong desire to submit to the will of the company and how quickly you metabolize weed.