Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

gently caress off.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"PBS Snooze Hour"

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"PBS Snooze Hour"

Kelly, as always, fuckin’ rules.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

It's not just you. Stantis and Allie are conservatives when they post actual political cartoons, but their real loyalty with "Prickly City' is continuing to get paid by their syndicate, and so they're terrified of taking an actual stance as a result.

i don't know, i feel like "depress the public into a state of political inertia" is a type of stance, especially when you benefit from inaction

but goddamn i wish they'd at least change up the tone every so often

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I think I've seen this

"So [author's POV]?
Nope.
And [author's POV]?
Yep.
Wow, everything is terrible."

pattern in Prickly City before enough times that it's its own genre. Wow, that author's arguments are so persuasive that they always convince his own fictional characters to agree with him. I must really be dumb for not jumping on the bandwagon.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
It's a shame that a magical coyote is wasted on the indifferent adventures of prickly city. He should be getting into trouble with all the other desert wildlife, but instead he just follows around some little girl... Who is likely hungry and delirious.. oh god, he's going to eat her one day.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

War Wizard posted:

It's a shame that a magical coyote is wasted on the indifferent adventures of prickly city. He should be getting into trouble with all the other desert wildlife, but instead he just follows around some little girl... Who is likely hungry and delirious.. oh god, he's going to eat her one day.

All the other desert wildlife is dead. Everything is terrible but vote straight ticket R.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Hmmm! One side didn't quite convince me to turn on the party I've devoted my entire career to for vague reasons I'm not really going to explain, and the other side is making a blatant mockery of the system they were elected to uphold, staging a sham trial where nothing matters and our most core institutions are ignored or destroyed. Both basically the same!"

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I've always been convinced that at least half the reason people poo poo on cats so much is due to sexism. They're seen as feminine to begin with, plus the whole "crazy cat lady" thing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Go gently caress yourself Stantis you dumb prick

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Grimdude posted:

I've always been convinced that at least half the reason people poo poo on cats so much is due to sexism. They're seen as feminine to begin with, plus the whole "crazy cat lady" thing.

:thunk:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
happycat's mom looks awesome.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Aw poo poo, beaten.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

galenanorth posted:

I think I've seen this

"So [author's POV]?
Nope.
And [author's POV]?
Yep.
Wow, everything is terrible."

pattern in Prickly City before enough times that it's its own genre. Wow, that author's arguments are so persuasive that they always convince his own fictional characters to agree with him. I must really be dumb for not jumping on the bandwagon.

I think it's platonic dialogue, except really dumb. And by dumb I also mean functionally mute, since it's saying nothing.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Kennel posted:

Aw poo poo, beaten.

What's the original of this joke from? I see it everywhere and can't place it.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Khizan posted:

Pretty sure it's a Kelly comic

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Khizan posted:

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Khizan posted:

Here is the original.

Edit: gently caress, beaten with a better link.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

That first panel kind of broke me

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

seriously, look at this:

I have no idea how anyone could draw this and think it was anti-women's rights. Associating a movement with cute animals makes it seem more appealing to everyone who's not a complete rear end in a top hat.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

seriously, look at this:

I have no idea how anyone could draw this and think it was anti-women's rights. Associating a movement with cute animals makes it seem more appealing to everyone who's not a complete rear end in a top hat.

There was a time when cats were recognized as the intolerable idiots and assholes that they are, rather than cutey cutey lovey boos that they also are.

Also we are talking of an era when women were widely treated as inferior to men. Like animals.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Scott Morrison is addressing the National Press Club today about the bushfire crisis.

Rowe:

Deputy Nationals leader and former sports minister Bridget McKenzie is still embroiled in the sports rorts scandal as more information keeps being unearthed.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Bridget McKenzie signed off on $1 million in shooting club grants before her department received the results of a $160,000 report into the economic and social benefits of shooting.

Wilcox:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey posted:

You’re welcome!

And now here’s a Garrison:

I can’t believe they’d betray Trump, the most loyal man on Earth.

"In Dante’s “Inferno,” there was a special circle in Hell for such traitors."

Traitors were in the cold part of hell. Stop trying to act smart you hack.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
comic strip turn around time being what they are this was written and 'drawn" two weeks ago right?

just saying.

even has the ring :)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on the commemorative Brexit 50p launch – It is a debate that has torn the nation in two, ripped friends and family apart, and entrenched divisions throughout the land. Should the Royal Mint have used an Oxford comma on its Brexit 50p piece?"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Prince Andrew giving 'zero' cooperation to Epstein inquiry, say US prosecutors

Independent:

Huawei decision is a sensible compromise but could still anger US

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Transatlantic Huawei row

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Transatlantic Huawei row

Ok shill.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Did Garrison ever draw a pro Romney cartoon? Someone please show me.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Korthal posted:

Did Garrison ever draw a pro Romney cartoon? Someone please show me.

He doesn't seem to have ever been a huge fan.

quote:

There is little difference between Romney and Obama. Both are pro-war, pro-statism and pro-Federal Reserve. Both were pro-bailout–trillions of dollars for the criminal banks. Both have received millions from those big banks–and from Goldman Sachs in particular. Both think Ben Bernanke should be reappointed. Both are pro-NDAA and the big government takeover of America. The difference between the candidates is inconsequential. It’s window dressing. A left-right puppet show paradigm.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pants Donkey posted:

You’re welcome!

And now here’s a Garrison:

I can’t believe they’d betray Trump, the most loyal man on Earth.

Schiff outweighs Trump.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

wizzardstaff posted:

He doesn't seem to have ever been a huge fan.

This reminds me of the first Garrison I ever saw back in 2010:

At the time I figured, what with the both-sidesism, eye of providence, and "global elite bankers", he was some Dees-level jerkoff. Turns out he was waiting for just the right guy!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

That elephant face is really unsettling.

Edit: oh, I just misunderstood the drawing

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lol at the old garrison. He had to use quieter dogwhistles back then. He was waiting for the rise of racism.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whoolighams posted:

This reminds me of the first Garrison I ever saw back in 2010:

At the time I figured, what with the both-sidesism, eye of providence, and "global elite bankers", he was some Dees-level jerkoff. Turns out he was waiting for just the right guy!

Yeah, old Garrison was very anti-authoritarian (but not in a good way) until Trump when all of a sudden strong daddy good.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, old Garrison was very anti-authoritarian (but not in a good way) until Trump when all of a sudden strong daddy good.

Yeah, he was anti authoritarian in the sad, petty parking tickets-and-tax forms way, not in the actually tyrrany is bad way

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Amoeba102 posted:

Lol at the old garrison. He had to use quieter dogwhistles back then. He was waiting for the rise of racism.

"Global Elite Bankers" is kind of a bullhorn though, like one giant snozz on the pyramid from being a nazi cartoon

Drizvolta posted:

4Chan never really had to change much to turn his cartoons into Zyklon Ben

hah

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 29, 2020

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Feldegast42 posted:

"Global Elite Bankers" is kind of a bullhorn though, like one giant snozz on the pyramid from being a nazi cartoon

It's absolutely become the modern "Bolshevik conspiracy" dogwhistle.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

something about this made me really cackle. i think it’s Bolton looking like a slightly disapproving dad who found his son with a cigarette and the elephant looks grotesquely sensual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Somfin posted:

Yeah, he was anti authoritarian in the sad, petty parking tickets-and-tax forms way, not in the actually tyrrany is bad way

Still not as pathetic as Ted “I understand racism because the LAPD gave me a ticket” Rall.