Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
As a Ness main those fake patch notes made me quite unhappy. Then I played this morning.

jivjov posted:

I don't at all want to suggest that Smash Ultimate has at all gone "low effort" but there's just a handful of missing things like this that are sad

I have all trophies in Melee and Brawl. I miss them too, but I absolutely understand why that had to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wish sans and cuphead were added to the second fighter pack

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You’ll soon be able to play as Cuphead with Sans’ body in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SeANMcBAY posted:

You’ll soon be able to play as Cuphead with Sans’ body in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

The "Sans head with KK Slider body" is cursed, and should be banned

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SeANMcBAY posted:

My original character is Sans Ibn-La'Ahad, please don't steal

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

It's up to the fans now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQJAjQ2T0Q

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

In my wish list for things to put in a patch is some sort of "wildcard" slots within the stage music selection, letting you add fitting music to stages that aren't from its series. Big Blue just isn't the same without Mach Rider, and Flat Zone X could stand to have more than two tracks to choose from.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Bluff Buster posted:

In my wish list for things to put in a patch is some sort of "wildcard" slots within the stage music selection, letting you add fitting music to stages that aren't from its series. Big Blue just isn't the same without Mach Rider, and Flat Zone X could stand to have more than two tracks to choose from.

Temple isn’t really Temple without the Fire Emblem theme

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bluff Buster posted:

An option to default all tracks, including newly bought ones, to play at an even distribution instead of turned off by default

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Bluff Buster posted:

Hell yeah give me Gangplank Galleon in Midgar.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Bluff Buster posted:

Slapping Megalovania onto Kalos Pokemon League like God intended.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Bluff Buster posted:

Mad Monster Mansion remix on Luigi's Mansion... Oh yeah!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, its lowkey annoying that spirit battles and classic mode and the like can pull music across franchise lines, but we can't manually select it.

See also: Locking travelling stages into a single form.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kurtofan posted:

I wish sans and cuphead were added to the second fighter pack

I still wish Sans was an actual fighter, or at least an Undertale rep is happening (I don't believe it is now, I think the Sans costume + song is it), but Cuphead I'm excited for being a mii gunner costume cause his playstyle really wouldn't be all that different from mii gunner. I wish the announcer said their character names though

Bluff Buster posted:

Megalovania on everything

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'd be very surprised if we got any indie fighters. Some of the biggest names in indie gaming are already present in some way, and the only ones I could see being added in are a Touhou character or maybe Quote from Cave Story. Aside from them, probably the biggest indie game series yet to be represented in Smash is Five Nights at Freddy's, and I think it'd be a cold day in Hell before Freddy Fazbear is put in over someone like Shovel Knight or Cuphead.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Miriam is another one that could potentially happen. Wouldn’t be too out there at least.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

TheLoneStar posted:

I'd be very surprised if we got any indie fighters. Some of the biggest names in indie gaming are already present in some way, and the only ones I could see being added in are a Touhou character or maybe Quote from Cave Story. Aside from them, probably the biggest indie game series yet to be represented in Smash is Five Nights at Freddy's, and I think it'd be a cold day in Hell before Freddy Fazbear is put in over someone like Shovel Knight or Cuphead.

Freddy could be put in as a Mii Fighter costume. The implications would be sinister

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm a bit disappointed that none of the character reveal trailers don't appear in the movie section. I thought they'd be added at some point.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Raxivace posted:

Miriam is another one that could potentially happen. Wouldn’t be too out there at least.

Could almost make her an echo fighter of the Belmonts unless they focus on shards and some of her more out there weapons.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Miriam’s strength increases based on what percentage of the stage she’s explored.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Her taunt should be one of her spell callouts

ARISE MY SELF AND MY SHADOW

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Miriam has a lot of Belmont weapons, but they all work a lot differently than the Belmont versions of them.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

TheLoneStar posted:

Aside from them, probably the biggest indie game series yet to be represented in Smash is

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Miriam just doesn't have the clout of an OG Castlevania character and Konami would throw a shitfit if they made her another Belmont Echo, really can't see that one happening.

As far as indie characters go the only ones I could see with a big enough impact in Japan to get consideration who aren't already repped by trophies or a costume would be a Touhou or Frisk Undertale

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hollow Knight mii sword fighter, Madeline mii fighter?, Bea sword fighter (replace the sword with a bat)

I'd still like them to break the rules a bit and put in a Scrooge hat and cane for sword fighter, and include the Moon Theme with it (the moon theme isn't even my favorite Ducktales song, but it is the most iconic). I know Ducktales didn't originate as a video game but I think the Ducktales NES game has enough of a spot in gaming history to allow it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jivjov posted:

I don't at all want to suggest that Smash Ultimate has at all gone "low effort" but there's just a handful of missing things like this that are sad

I just hope that there's more A) World of Light and Dark videos like when Hero was released and B) A full scene of every character trying to dodge Galeem's lasers in the beginning.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Hollow Knight mii sword fighter, Madeline mii fighter?, Bea sword fighter (replace the sword with a bat)

I'd still like them to break the rules a bit and put in a Scrooge hat and cane for sword fighter, and include the Moon Theme with it (the moon theme isn't even my favorite Ducktales song, but it is the most iconic). I know Ducktales didn't originate as a video game but I think the Ducktales NES game has enough of a spot in gaming history to allow it

No Disney. I forbid their lawyers from touching Smash

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Macaluso posted:

Counter offer: Add Cranky Kong to Smash.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:chloe:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Restricting the Terry music pack to 1 stage out of ~100 is an actual war crime.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

multijoe posted:

Miriam just doesn't have the clout of an OG Castlevania character and Konami would throw a shitfit if they made her another Belmont Echo, really can't see that one happening.

I've seen that argument before, and I'm going to say that I doubt Konami would say or do much if they did include Bloodstained in Smash.

But she definitely wouldn't be a Belmont Echo. If there's a Castlevania character she's most based on, its Shanoa.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I like Undertale a lot too but I feel like a full character was never going to happen so getting a fantastic looking Mii Costume and music track is an amazing get and the kind of representation most indie titles would be jealous of.

Honestly I would have been happier if Shovel Knight was a Mii Swordfighter instead of an Assist Trophy. Those full conversion costumes look as good as full characters and much better than, say, the freaky Sonic costumes, and you can at least pretend you're playing as the character rather than just hope they show up (if you ever even play with items on.)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Give me the Knight from Hollow Knight.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Nanigans posted:

Give me the Knight Hornet from Hollow Knight.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Make that Master Shake and we're talking

Come to think of it, make a Pokemon Trainer style ATHF character, with Carl as the trainer/annoyed background poo poo talker.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Nanigans posted:

Give me the Knight from Hollow Knight.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

shirts and skins posted:

Make that Master Shake and we're talking

Come to think of it, make a Pokemon Trainer style ATHF character, with Carl as the trainer/annoyed background poo poo talker.

ATHF did have a video game. Even if it was abysmal.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Theta Zero posted:

ATHF did have a video game. Even if it was abysmal.

Probably some balance issues, you cannot defeat the quad laser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I like Undertale a lot too but I feel like a full character was never going to happen so getting a fantastic looking Mii Costume and music track is an amazing get and the kind of representation most indie titles would be jealous of.
I'm happy that the Sans costume is shaping up to be a trendsetter. I don't know how much of these costume + music packs they're planning, but I'm guessing at least two or three more are on their way, though I also said that of the DLC fighters and these don't take nearly as much work as those.

The only thing bad about the Sans/Cuphead treatment is that characters with more realistic proportions are basically impossible to depict so faithfully.