Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Jurgan posted:

"In Dante’s “Inferno,” there was a special circle in Hell for such traitors."

Traitors were in the cold part of hell. Stop trying to act smart you hack.

Lol we both know Garrison just looked at the name and assumed it's all on fire.

I mean I'm definitely down with banishing Bolton to Antenora or Judecca but yeah those are both in Cocytus and thus cold.

EDIT: Looks like a lot of the Kobe cartoons are going to go with the 'well we're also going to include his daughter so mentioning he's a rapist at the same time would be loving weird' to dodge the whole 'Kobe is a rapist' thing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What the gently caress is this about?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

It means that if someone’s accused of trying to rig an election and is still doing so, you can’t say their fate should be decided in the election they’re trying to rig.

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Gaslighter Cartoon

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't know but it has the same energy as that baffling one with Obama at the sperm bank and a line of illegal immigrant women, also a McCoy.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Some celebrity who I can't be bothered to remember (Gwyneth Paltrow?) released a scented candle named after her vagina, so the cartoon is

"A Thing Happened" + "The Mainstream Media looooooooves Adam Schiff, because they're biased."

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

"Global Elite Bankers" is kind of a bullhorn though, like one giant snozz on the pyramid from being a nazi cartoon

4Chan never really had to change much to turn his cartoons into Zyklon Ben

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think it's a 'Two Things Happened' cartoon. One of them is Gweneth Paltrow's company, 'Goop', which is famously selling a candle named 'This Candle Smells Like My Vagina'. The other is this guy's opinion that the media are overly-enamoured with Schiff.

This comic is so stupid I sound like a crazy person explaining it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Yipes, they've lost Ramirez.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Amoeba102 posted:

Lol at the old garrison. He had to use quieter dogwhistles back then. He was waiting for the rise of racism.

His older stuff is more restrained, but it's still at like a cleaned up Dees level. I've sometimes wondered if Garrison actually got radicalized into fuller, more open antisemitism by 4chan because he's such an uncritical smoothbrain he can't pickup what isn't shouted slowly at him. Like whatever dumbass newsletter he was getting this poo poo from was just too subtle with their Jew hatred; he didn't see it until some lovely memes and greentext spelled it out as simply as possible, and then he was fully on board.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Samurai Sanders posted:

Gary McCoy posted:

do u think that Schiff gets embarrassed when his genitals exist in front of the media??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. another thing i am wondering is what do you think the genitals smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I feel like there's some meta-commentary about the comic itself here, but I'm probably projecting a bit. I'm probably desperate for this comic to say something for once.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Wasn't really expecting this from Ramirez.

e: must feel rather safe in an acquittal

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Not even bothering to copy/paste the same hoodoo they climb over in every other strip anymore.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Somfin posted:

Yeah, he was anti authoritarian in the sad, petty parking tickets-and-tax forms way, not in the actually tyrrany is bad way

Isn't it weird how libertarians and authoritarians are so fluid with each other, considering their supposedly incompatible belief systems. How completely puzzling.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

the_steve posted:

Some celebrity who I can't be bothered to remember (Gwyneth Paltrow?) released a scented candle named after her vagina, so the cartoon is

"A Thing Happened" + "The Mainstream Media looooooooves Adam Schiff, because they're biased."

It's this, it's this stupid.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

After Brexit 50p will be worth €0.40, also there will be no uses for it that involve spending it. AGC.

I'm also disappointed that nobody did a Kobe obitoon that showed him being met in Heaven by Vic Morrow. I expected it from Kelly, at least.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Who Was That Greta Girl Again?

Ted Rall posted:

People who comment on Greta Thunberg's personality, demeanor and looks should instead focus on the fact that she is right that we face an existential environmental crisis.

Tags: asphyxiation, Climate Change, cough, Environment, Extinction, Global Warming, Greta Thunberg, weirdo New

First Dog on the Moon: A billion creatures have died, the climate is transformed. It is impossible to understand

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Go gently caress yourself you hack Stantis

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm pretty sure this is an "owning the libs" cartoon.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Trapezium Dave posted:

Didn't you put out a comic a couple weeks ago where you straight up said you weren't going to do anything about Climate Change because you'd be dead by the time it reaches the "So Hot People Burst into Flame" stage Tod?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GeminiSun posted:

I got you.

Thanks. :allears:

SimonChris posted:

China is demanding an apology from Denmark for this outrageous cartoon.

China has been quite aggressive in Scandinavia recently about shutting down anything that could potentially be interpreted as criticism. It's not even like the Chinese diaspora in Denmark or Sweden are all that big and influential. Well, perhaps it is because the Chinese presence is small that they feel they need to use more direct ways to control the discourse.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Jagged Jim posted:

Didn't you put out a comic a couple weeks ago where you straight up said you weren't going to do anything about Climate Change because you'd be dead by the time it reaches the "So Hot People Burst into Flame" stage Tod?

Remember that the only consistency in Roll's work is that his paycheck comes from a literal propaganda outlet.

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd say there is probably a fair subset of the Republican commentariat who either legitimately believe that a fair hearing of the facts would lead to acquittal or recognize that making it too blatantly obviously rigged is probably not to their benefit.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Discendo Vox posted:

Not his vote, I'm sure.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
What if instead of posting Prickly City, you just posted the same beige rectangle every day? It'd be faster, easier and more entertaining while losing none of the message :v:

I'll even help you find a rectangle you can use, if you like. Just consider it, please?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cat Puke posted:

I'm pretty sure this is an "owning the libs" cartoon.

i'm with cat puke on this one, i think the intended message is "ok you want a witness? here he is! oh look he's useless".

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gaybies Nomination: Most incomprehensible.

Will have really aged well by the end of the year.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: A billion creatures have died, the climate is transformed. It is impossible to understand

We should always pot First Dog with Rall. It's the best argument for what a useless contrarian he is.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Shinji2015 posted:

I feel like there's some meta-commentary about the comic itself here, but I'm probably projecting a bit. I'm probably desperate for this comic to say something for once.

“Where are we now Carmen?” Winslow asks from within a completely blank white panel.

Political Cartoons 2020: It is impossible to understand.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Pilchenstein posted:

What if instead of posting Prickly City, you just posted the same beige rectangle every day? It'd be faster, easier and more entertaining while losing none of the message :v:

I'll even help you find a rectangle you can use, if you like. Just consider it, please?

Just write “I sure do wish people could be more rational like me” in said rectangle and submit it to his publisher, see if you can confuse them.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

(The blind lion guarding the purse is the state and the Oil Fund. The thief is the construction business that has a shady reputation in Norway).

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So, 4Chan was really just blowing the dust off of the garrison cartoons to reveal the tru message. If it wasn't for the rest of their activities, you/'d think they were don ironically to expos Garrison.

Also, I saw some MEPs with half and half football scarves, and now I'm for brexit.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's Middle East peace deal – Donald Trump has launched his ‘ultimate deal’ for Middle East peace, saying the detailed 80-page proposal would be a ‘realistic two-state solution’"

Telegraph:

Johnson faces Tory rebellion after allowing Huawei 5G role

Matt:

Northern rail franchise to be renationalised

Independent:

UK has chance to relook at Huawei 5G decision, says Pompeo

Times:

Britons evacuated due to coronavirus to be quarantined for 14 days

Evening Standard:

Brexit: MEPs ratify UK withdrawal agreement

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the late Nicholas Parsons

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Discendo Vox posted:

itskage posted:

Wasn't really expecting this from Ramirez.

e: must feel rather safe in an acquittal

This is Ramirez. Somehow that cartoon is meant to be pro-turtle.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 29, 2020

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

there wolf posted:

His older stuff is more restrained, but it's still at like a cleaned up Dees level. I've sometimes wondered if Garrison actually got radicalized into fuller, more open antisemitism by 4chan because he's such an uncritical smoothbrain he can't pickup what isn't shouted slowly at him. Like whatever dumbass newsletter he was getting this poo poo from was just too subtle with their Jew hatred; he didn't see it until some lovely memes and greentext spelled it out as simply as possible, and then he was fully on board.

My favorite classic Zyklon Ben was despite all his cartoons heaping praise at cops he clearly got a ticket and instantly did this cartoon

It’s literally an unironic Kelly. I think Drinky Duck did the same thing against the judge who gave him his DUI conviction :laffo:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

when you call that a zyklon ben does that mean it's a 4chan edit or is that just straight up vintage benjamin garrison

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

That’s unedited, pure Garrison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

My favorite classic Zyklon Ben was despite all his cartoons heaping praise at cops he clearly got a ticket and instantly did this cartoon

It’s literally an unironic Kelly. I think Drinky Duck did the same thing against the judge who gave him his DUI conviction :laffo:
I believe this is the first Kelly I ever saw.