Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Ok. Well in the future let's not talk about either superheroes or strippers in this particular way unless we're talking about Voodoo, that catgirl Fantagraphics used to publish comics about, or I guess Stan Lee's Stripperella because it's vaguely gross. I don't want to get into semantics or have a debate but there are ways to critique a comic book costume without sounding like a SWERF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

theironjef posted:

Did that ad call Captain Marvel "Miss Marvel?" One would think editorial would catch that since it's a common sticking point.

Also, it’s pronounced Ms, not Miss.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Stripper comparisons are verboten but that run of Hulk comics was obviously and deliberately cheesecakey. The issue that Ms. Marvel appeared was conveniently when Art Adams dropped in to do pencils, and the backup (well it's not backup when it's half the page count) story at the time was Red Hulk vs a variety of superheroines drawn by Frank Cho.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I will refrain from accurately describing her costume in the future.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I too will avoid drawing true comparisons that only imply shame if you're inclined to view strippers as shameful.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

I too will avoid drawing true comparisons that only imply shame if you're inclined to view strippers as shameful.

drat dude you fuckin owned that sjw

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh you still haven't grown up

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Thanks for your cooperation, gang!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thinking about defenestration man
e: sorry. open-window man, whose signature move is the defenestration punch

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
what if, when bruce wayne looked to the open window as he pondered his new identity, instead of a bat flying in, nothing did

dial h #13

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

scary ghost dog posted:

thinking about defenestration man
e: sorry. open-window man, whose signature move is the defenestration punch

What does the headquarters look like for a hero like Open-Window Man? Is it called Defenestration Station?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lobok posted:

What does the headquarters look like for a hero like Open-Window Man? Is it called Defenestration Station?

i dont remember.....his power is that he can go into any window and come out of any other window and the comic is about the infinite number of superheroes and supervillains spanning the multiverse, so i dont think we get to see the window cave. but i might be misremembering

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

scary ghost dog posted:

i dont remember.....his power is that he can go into any window and come out of any other window and the comic is about the infinite number of superheroes and supervillains spanning the multiverse, so i dont think we get to see the window cave. but i might be misremembering

Windows don't live in caves. They tend to be in frames. That guy should definitely call his place the window frame. Or the framework.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Quick, to the Sill!

*On the way, Open-Window Man places a call to Sash, Pane and Casing, his terrific teen trio of deputized Windowsmen!*

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
"I'm afraid you have an untreatable case of Image-itis."

Nightwatch #8 (1994)
Pencils/Inks: Roy Burdine, Inks: Thomas Florimonte

Nightwatch #9 (1994)
Pencils: Roy Burdine, Inks: Abraham Madison

Nightwatch #12 (1995)

Wendell
May 11, 2003

drat, is Nightwatch as loving COOL as it looks?!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wendell posted:

drat, is Nightwatch as loving COOL as it looks?!

Think Spawn but even COOLER

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

So, lukewarm.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Nightwatch was pretty cool in Charles Soule's She-Hulk. I think Ron Wimberly did his redesign?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Think Spawn but even COOLER

Kick up the rad dial to 1,0000 - we're taking this dude to eXxXtremetown!!!!! Population: Nightwatch!!!!!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nightwatch is so cool the first time I remember ever seeing him was in Maximum Carnage. What's cooler than that?!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Push El Burrito posted:

Nightwatch is so cool the first time I remember ever seeing him was in Maximum Carnage. What's cooler than that?!

...the surface of the sun?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

How Wonderful! posted:

Nightwatch was pretty cool in Charles Soule's She-Hulk. I think Ron Wimberly did his redesign?

He died unceremoniously during the clone saga, done in by a writer who didn't even spell his name correctly, and didn't appear again until that She-Hulk run. It's actually kind of impressive that he was enough of a turd that nobody wanted to touch him in twenty years.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Darthemed posted:

Nightwatch #9 (1994)

What am I supposed to be seeing here? I see text and a a lot of red/brown and some blue splotch in the middle. Is there art somewhere?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

He died unceremoniously during the clone saga, done in by a writer who didn't even spell his name correctly, and didn't appear again until that She-Hulk run. It's actually kind of impressive that he was enough of a turd that nobody wanted to touch him in twenty years.

I think it was more that everyone forgot he existed until Soule and Wimberly.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What am I supposed to be seeing here? I see text and a a lot of red/brown and some blue splotch in the middle. Is there art somewhere?

He's blasted through a wave of camouflage agents, and is now covered in their camo-goo.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Here's Wimberly's redesign by the way, now that I'm home. It's pretty simple but I think very slick--- this is as close as we get to a full-body action shot from what I remember before he shows up again at the end of the run drawn by Javier Pulido, I think?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I love that Wimberley redesign, it was such a weird direction to take.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

It reminds me of the best Moon Knight costume.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

How Wonderful! posted:

Here's Wimberly's redesign by the way, now that I'm home. It's pretty simple but I think very slick--- this is as close as we get to a full-body action shot from what I remember before he shows up again at the end of the run drawn by Javier Pulido, I think?

He looks like that weird robot guy from the last Street Fighter 3 game now. Q?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

How Wonderful! posted:

That looks fantastic. I need to read that run.

When is Night Cat ("the only super hero based on a real-life, flesh-and-blood human being"*) coming back?

*Stan Lee, Feb. 1991, obviously having forgotten The Human Fly

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Technically not comic art, but this album art by comic artist Simon Roy is pretty great.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yep that rules.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
can confirm! :thumbsup:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Technically not comic art, but this album art by comic artist Simon Roy is pretty great.

If we're posting album art, I loved this one recently, by Erica Williams for Dabin's Wild Youth:

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Lobok posted:

This misses the opportunities "WindowPain" and "Defenestation".

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

So I finally read all three issues of Morlock 2001 and it's, uh, something:

It's about a plant man who the government uses to kill subversives until he decides he doesn't want to do that anymore.

Also he turns into a plant monster occasionally and eats innocent people.

Ditko drew the third issue and he's really in his weird-rear end wheelhouse:

Then the title character was killed on the last page and welp, that was the end of Morlock 2001.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You’re saying that’s good art, right?

Because those first two pages are baller.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

You’re saying that’s good art, right?

Because those first two pages are baller.

Yeah, it's weird and inconsistent but I actually like that it's just going for it. That's Al Milgrom, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Cross-posting from the funny panels thread.

Darthemed posted:

The Sensational She-Hulk #6 (1989)
Pencils: John Byrne, Inks: Al Gordon