Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Slaughter shaft mayhem 4, got 30 legendaries, none of them have anointments...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

cage-free egghead posted:

Slaughter shaft mayhem 4, got 30 legendaries, none of them have anointments...

you're not playing offline, are you? i'd say almost half of my legendaries on M4 are anointed during this event

wonder when they'll announce the next borderlands show w/ the next roadmap. it was supposed to be last week.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Basebf555 posted:

Hey Borderlands 3 gods, gently caress you for not dropping a Bloodletter mod. Please don't humiliate me by dropping one immediately when I get home today, now that I've posted about it here, in the Borderlands 3 thread. Please don't, it would be too embarrassing.

If you are on PS4 I can give you one.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I was able to take down Slaughter shaft on Mayhem 4 and Maliwan Takedown on Mayhem 3 tonight, yay me? My only characters are Moze and Fl4k. I've found by far the most success with full orange tree rest green tree fade away Fl4k. A decent 50% extra damage as incendiary on action skill end Brainstormer and a 50% damage mod on a stop gap put me over the top along with a 50% damage grenade. Raak build does more damage but I just get slaughtered on M4 with no real defenses. Fade away at least lets me drop agro or get a pet revive in bad situations.

I have been using the bounty hunter mod mostly. Are Cosmic Stalker, St4ckbot or De4deye any good? Also, it seems silly that Wotan just one shots your pets because they constantly wander into his invuln zone.

While Fl4k is fun, is there any way to make Moze good? I really wanted to make a Mech build viable, but it just seems to be pretty trash. Her best gun for damage to fuel ratio seems to be the aoe rail gun but since it does no splash damage you can't actually stay in the mech because you can't lifesteal. Running grenades or the aoe mini gun works, but can't clear like the rail gun can and if you use that you have to go all in on mech talents. However going all in on mech talents seems to make Moze is straight trash outside of her mech without enough damage talents to really play outside it and not enough cooldown to get back in before you're dead.

Even trying to go other talents I feel like Moze is underwhelming. I've tried the full tank shield build with grenade healing and the damage just seems to be poor. I've also tried full on gun damage with green monster and it also seems relatively bad, and hopping in and out of the mech is so clunky.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Rinkles posted:

you're not playing offline, are you? i'd say almost half of my legendaries on M4 are anointed during this event

wonder when they'll announce the next borderlands show w/ the next roadmap. it was supposed to be last week.

Nope, but I do put my PS4 in rest mode without closing the game so that may have something to do with it. Although I did join a friend's Slaughterstar 3000 match and still not get any.

Edit: Tried this again last night and it worked as normal, got like 15/30 as anointment drops.

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 29, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Hah, Moze can repeat fire the 1 round Flakker without reloading just fine (though with my setup, on M3 the damage isn't very impressive)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i know moze grenade healing was nerfed, but it seems like a bunch of grenade mods just plain don't work with vampyr (first time playing a fully leveled moze)

e:
random bit of cut/dlc content, a tank-like vehicle that's in the game files and some pre release promo materials

the emperor

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 30, 2020

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
With how BL3 handles cars, I’d imagine it got cut for getting stuck on everything.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Is there some kind of 'fully leveled character with half way decent blues' mod/character files like there was in BL2 so I don't have to TALK TO LILITH or CONTACT RHYS for 9 hours to make a new character.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I've ground to a halt on Eden 6. I don't know what it is about this one - maybe the huge maps or maybe the super annoying villains - but god it's all such a slog isn't it?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gals and guys, I think this event was popular

We've been looking at the feedback we received during the Scaling Event for Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite and have decided to make this Scaled event permanent starting today.

After analyzing play patterns, we are permanently increasing the spawn rate for [Rare Spawns] and have buffed their drop rates and their Anointed chance to be on par with bosses.

Also new small event

When the hotfixes roll out today before 3:00 PM PST, a new event will be activated! During the Rare Chest Riches Event, which runs until February 13 at 8:59am PST, all Rare Chests will drop rare loot at an increased rate, so you're more likely to receive Legendary items any time you open one.

Though I don't think they fixed chest loot levels

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-01-30-borderlands-3-hotfixes-jan-30/

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

That’s cool but did the event expire and then they are starting it again?

Or Maybe the Sky Bullies are bugged? I’ve been killing the one and only Sky Bully that spawns for me like 20 times and not seen even one legendary. Prior to last weekend I would get a legendary like 75% of the time.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Taear posted:

I've ground to a halt on Eden 6. I don't know what it is about this one - maybe the huge maps or maybe the super annoying villains - but god it's all such a slog isn't it?

The minute to minute shooting gameplay has to be fun for you or the game isn't gonna work. That's really what it comes down to. I've put a few hundred hours into the game and if the shooting and collecting loot wasn't so satisfying I wouldn't have made it through a single playthrough. The story and characters in this one are weak, absolutely.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Rinkles posted:

Though I don't think they fixed chest loot levels

Do you mean items being at level 49?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

The minute to minute shooting gameplay has to be fun for you or the game isn't gonna work. That's really what it comes down to. I've put a few hundred hours into the game and if the shooting and collecting loot wasn't so satisfying I wouldn't have made it through a single playthrough. The story and characters in this one are weak, absolutely.

Like to a degree it is and it was in Borderlands 2 but it's at the point where it's quite repetitive now and I feel like most of the guns are a bit poo poo, I almost always have one that's better than my other three and I just use it exclusively because there's no reason not to.

There's just something kinda tiring about the same enemies in annoying locations and tonnes of chests that only have ammo in. I feel like I've found something good only maybe 10 times and I guess that's not how BL2 felt?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Rinkles posted:

Gals and guys, I think this event was popular

We've been looking at the feedback we received during the Scaling Event for Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite and have decided to make this Scaled event permanent starting today.

Oh man, this is the best thing I've seen yet.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

This seems overly invasive (linking your Shift and Twitch accounts)

Greenplastic posted:

Do you mean items being at level 49?

Yes

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

How soon do you think they'll patch this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP5CAOdXgos

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Stokes posted:

Not yet! Very odd bug, you need to click use on some invisible switch under some circumstances to really hit the jackpot. No ion cannons, but I think I now own every trick/oddball pistol, and some fun mods. You can teleport back to vending and cash in stuff, but I got bored most of the way to getting another bank upgrade. Not sure what to do with all of this....

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I really wish that Epic had reviews because when I dislike a game I want to read bad user reviews for it and Epic totally stops me doing that. Jerks.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Remulak posted:

Not yet! Very odd bug, you need to click use on some invisible switch under some circumstances to really hit the jackpot. No ion cannons, but I think I now own every trick/oddball pistol, and some fun mods. You can teleport back to vending and cash in stuff, but I got bored most of the way to getting another bank upgrade. Not sure what to do with all of this....

Yeah I did this a lot last night and got a bunch of legendaries I never had before. Works well

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Stokes posted:

This is some Gearbox rear end Gearbox but in a way that they accidentally make the game more fin instead of deliberately making it lovely and tedious.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Still works if you load the game offline or before the hot fix loads. I couldnt get it to pop as many legendaries as he did though, even on M4.

I did it 5-6 times and got one, though I guess that’s not terrible for what amounted to a couple minutes work.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Still works if you load the game offline or before the hot fix loads. I couldnt get it to pop as many legendaries as he did though, even on M4.

I did it 5-6 times and got one, though I guess that’s not terrible for what amounted to a couple minutes work.

It should still work with the hotfix, and you need the hotfix to get the boosted red chest rates.

This is a day 1 bug.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So I did it a few times without and then tried it with and it didn’t work with it. Maybe I hosed up the timing or something

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

So I did it a few times without and then tried it with and it didn’t work with it. Maybe I hosed up the timing or something

May have been patched

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've found (and read) that there's some weird specifics on making this work, too. Not sure if it's where you push to open, how quickly you spam the button, where your standing, etc. Sometime I get two to four legendaries per each 'chest,' but sometimes I get only purple and blues (and greens) with no legendaries until I fulfill wherever secret requirements the game wants.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Rinkles posted:

It should still work with the hotfix

There's an invisible wall there now, preventing you from going far enough to "fail" the round.

Edit: Disabling hotfix makes this possible again. Opened 15 chests on Mayhem 4 and didn't get a single legendary.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 4, 2020

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hex grenade sucks, moxxi's bouncing pair is way better except when i blow myself up with it

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

stuffed crust punk posted:

Hex grenade sucks, moxxi's bouncing pair is way better except when i blow myself up with it

Hex sucks unless it is recurrent, which is the thing I’m looking for. I will trade anything extra I have for one

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I don't know if grenades are just bad on Zane in a way they aren't on other characters, or if the Sentinel using them has a debuff, but I'm not finding my recurring Hex does much damage. I might swap to Moxxi's Bouncing Pair as I have one with a buff on throw.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Grenades don't scale well damage wise into M4. They're mostly there for utility. Sucks that the quasar is pretty puny in this game; it was much better at crowd control in BL2.

Iirc the recurring hex is useful for Zane because it can trigger his seein dead mod, meaning you don't have to worry about skill uptime at all (though that's not much of an issue). Of course, it's not great if you like being able to see what your shooting at.

E: though this requires the clone. Don't think the sentinel alone drops enough grenades to keep up.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 4, 2020

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Yeah mostly I want it for my explody Moze build. Multiple grenades doing constant exploding damage and homing on enemies just seems to be amazing. Do have a Storm Front though so I’m not totally hurting but man I would love a recurrent hex.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Doctor Zero posted:

Yeah mostly I want it for my explody Moze build. Multiple grenades doing constant exploding damage and homing on enemies just seems to be amazing. Do have a Storm Front though so I’m not totally hurting but man I would love a recurrent hex.
don't think the hex works with moze anymore. it didn't seem to trigger vampyr when i tried it.

red chests cooldowns are really weird in this game. sometimes resetting them just requires exiting and quitting, sometimes they'll reappear the second time round, and sometimes it seems there's a really long timer

E: and apparently some streamers always get instant resets

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 4, 2020

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003

Rinkles posted:

don't think the hex works with moze anymore. it didn't seem to trigger vampyr when i tried it.

Yeah the hex ‘beams’ don’t trigger vampyr anymore. Best ones for Moze are Cloning Maddening Tracker, cause you just want as many homing explosions as you can get. Seems rare as hell though.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

I've been going against the meta because it's kinda what I do in these games, and I gotta say Gamma Burst Fl4k is fun as hell. I'm having trouble staying alive though mostly because I haven't gotten a good Red Suit or any shield really that will help with the build. Also I think as soon as I get to the end of the build I can pick up Burst Aid which will help immensely. Radioactive explosions everywhere.

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003
Gamma Burst Fl4k is fun but the particle effects make my poor PS4’s fan kick into overdrive :(

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Stokes posted:

I haven't gotten a good Red Suit

If you’re on Xbox, I’m PERMACAV 50 and I have three Red Suits (two CQC, one Razor Wire).

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
Are there any particularly hot new builds right now? I've made working builds for all four characters, but I'm looking to start over. I don't have the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Does anyone use the “It’s Piss” grenade? It applies a 20% increased damage from all sources modifier to anything it hits. Seems like it would be ideal for some builds, especially in multiplayer.