Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Turns out Black Cat’s bad luck powers are from a dormant X Gene. She gets welcomed to Krakoa, and proceeds to steal all their poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Way ahead of you:
https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status/1152798523747753985?s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"The Mutant Miisadventures of Black Cat" is going to be amazing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
tom Taylor on Iron Man maybe, or just a mini

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/1222359857140883456?s=20

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is Slott still on IM?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Didn't he already do the Superior Ironman series when Tony was inverted?

Maybe it's about the suit of Ironman armour with Tony's personality?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
sucks watching marvel care less and less about tnc's captain america as they shove progressively worse artists onto the book

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

site posted:

sucks watching marvel care less and less about tnc's captain america as they shove progressively worse artists onto the book

It's weird that nobody seems to be talking about or reading that book. I have zero idea if its any good or not because I don't think I've heard a single person comment on it one way or another.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Blockhouse posted:

It's weird that nobody seems to be talking about or reading that book. I have zero idea if its any good or not because I don't think I've heard a single person comment on it one way or another.

I'm enjoying it, and I like Coates' take on Steve and his willingness to address the terrible, terrible Secret Empire fallout head-on. I'm... not honestly sure if it's good, though.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Still not sure how I feel about Cates' Thor yet, but I'll give it a few more issues.

Casually chumping out the Justice League in the into pages was mildly amusing, though. I guess I've read more Marvel than DC, but it seems like they make a lot more references to the competition than vice versa.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Still not sure how I feel about Cates' Thor yet, but I'll give it a few more issues.

Casually chumping out the Justice League in the into pages was mildly amusing, though. I guess I've read more Marvel than DC, but it seems like they make a lot more references to the competition than vice versa.

How many Justice League knockoffs has Marvel done? Off the top of my head there's the Squadron Supreme, the alternate Earth teams from Hickman's Avengers, and whatever you're talking about in Thor (haven't read it yet).

edit; oh, and seeing as how Avengers was Marvel's response to the JL (or JS?) I guess we can throw Avengers in there technically but they they're not a 1:1 kind of knockoff a la Hyperion = Superman

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 30, 2020

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
And after DC gave them two whole universes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Fantastic Four was Marvel's first response to Justice League.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

Fantastic Four was Marvel's first response to Justice League.

I thought it was a response to the challengers of the unknown

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

DC characters are easier to make knockoffs of.

On the DC side; Loeb made The Maximums in Superman/Batman, and Morrison created two Marvel type Earths (regular and Ultimate) in Multiversity.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

90s smaller imprint stuff is where most of the Marvel knockoffs are to be found. Especially Wolverine, there's like 50 of those. Although DC has a few knockoffs/parodies bouncing around, like Deathstroke's half-brother Wade Not-Wilson, or Bumblebee, a teen titan so obscure I had to google her name.

And of course, Aquaman is a ripoff of Namor, although both character predate their respective companies.

Happy Hippo posted:

How many Justice League knockoffs has Marvel done? Off the top of my head there's the Squadron Supreme, the alternate Earth teams from Hickman's Avengers, and whatever you're talking about in Thor (haven't read it yet).

edit; oh, and seeing as how Avengers was Marvel's response to the JL (or JS?) I guess we can throw Avengers in there technically but they they're not a 1:1 kind of knockoff a la Hyperion = Superman

The Squadron Sinister/Supreme is a dicey one because there's like 10 different versions of them, so counting them as just one instance feels a bit like cheating.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lurdiak posted:

And of course, Aquaman is a ripoff of Namor, although both character predate their respective companies.

Black Adam is 1:1 Namor. Other than switching the desert with the ocean. The pointy ears are pretty hard to ignore!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Black Adam is 1:1 Namor. Other than switching the desert with the ocean. The pointy ears are pretty hard to ignore!

Oh yeah, I can't believe that one slipped my mind. He might not have been Namor in his original conception, but the last 20+ years of the character has just been DC using Namor and not getting sued.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought it was a response to the challengers of the unknown

In (I believe) Marvel: The Untold Story, Stan and Jack were told by the owner of Atlas comics to come up with a team book because of the popularity of Justice League. Didn't know Challengers of the Unknown both predated F4 and was also created by Jack Kirby.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Just caught up with Immortal Hulk. Wow-ee.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Nessus posted:

Just caught up with Immortal Hulk. Wow-ee.

I am glad my weird love of Xenmu is finally being vindicated. Honestly Dario Agger is one of my favorite villains in years, so glad to see him outside the Thor book.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1223667397565042689

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
totally missed it but april solicits

i feel like this is wholly unecessary

ooooookay

quote:

It’s not easy dating five girls, even if they are clones.

this seems like it would have been a perfect opportunity to use gwenpool, but what do i know

quote:

Well, get ready, because Mysterio has trapped your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man in a comic book, and he’s going to help you navigate through the gutters, balloons, panels, pencils and more so you can follow along while he figures out how to escape and save the day!

From writer Christopher Hastings (UNBELIEVABLE GWENPOOL) and artist Scott Koblish (DEADPOOL), two artists who know the rules well enough to break them, comes your all-purpose guide to reading comics AND understanding how they work, hidden in an in-universe story you won’t want to miss!

site fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 1, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

ooooookay

They're probably just dating Cable to piss off Quentin Quire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

That other people breathe pisses off QQ.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

I don't know, Scott's Son plus Emma's Clones sorta feels like it works.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skwirl posted:

A noble cause, then.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

site posted:

this seems like it would have been a perfect opportunity to use gwenpool, but what do i know

this seems dumb, but it's chris hasting so probably will end up being decent at worse.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah tbh im not sure what the point is in a comic about how to read comics that wouldnt be done better by just handing someone a copy of mcclouds understanding comics

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

yeah tbh im not sure what the point is in a comic about how to read comics that wouldnt be done better by just handing someone a copy of mcclouds understanding comics
Marvel gets paid in this instance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe page one is "rip a line of coke off a hooker's rear end."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's true I do that every time I'm about to start reading

It's part of why comics are such an expensive habit

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I gotta say I love how they combined the Avengers and Fantastic Four logos for Empyre.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

From the cover of that Spider-Man thing, it looks like it's one of their kids books.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Skwirl posted:

I feel like there's never been a point in the history of Marvel where a Marvel character not Quentin Quire gave a single gently caress what Quentin Quire thought.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Is the current Krakoa the original, or is it the baby one from WatXM?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am glad my weird love of Xenmu is finally being vindicated. Honestly Dario Agger is one of my favorite villains in years, so glad to see him outside the Thor book.
It's some drat fine comic books and it's made a Hulk fan out of me. I've never disliked the character exactly but now I'm into it. I have enough media awareness to have spotted some of the places that were probably references, but the entire thing just had a really fun pulsating psychobilly energy.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

site posted:

ooooookay

Cable: Hey Dad you know how you and mom and Logan have doors connecting your rooms for some reason?
Cyclops: Yeah, what about it?
Cable: Can we remodel the house and put in, like, 5 rooms that all connect to mine?
Cyclops: Wait why would you OH HELL NO

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I had no idea Marvel was doing this World War IV thing with Man-Thing and Brute Force (that's one hell of a deep cut). Is it an ongoing series or a one-shot? With Marvel labelling stuff as #1 either way these days, I can never tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Weapon Plus is a series of one-shots- there was Weapon Plus: Captain America and Wolverine, Weapon Plus: Absolute Carnage and now Weapon Plus: World War IV.