Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Give me Burnout 2 on switch you cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Weedle posted:

Burnout Paradise would be an insta-buy for me.

Ah gently caress that's a good game.

Shame they never made another one.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

unless you're talking about something port-specific this isn't even remotely true
Mike Rubits confirmed they re-recorded the soundtrack from a SC-55 after the initial Switch release, so the updated soundtrack went out in an update. The problem is that you can't remove assets from a base package on the Switch, so both copies of the soundtrack are installed but only the updated one is used.

The "isDoom2" flag is a bit of a joke. Maybe Doom (1993) includes (slightly updated version of) doom.wad while Doom II includes (slightly updated version of) doom2.wad, instead of both games containing both. The actual wads are miniscule relative to the rest of the download so that's not entirely relevant. The executable has always been the same between Doom and Doom II, or at least compiled from the same source tree with game-specific engine details determined by the IWAD present. So the Doom-engine-ported-to-Unity bits are identical between the two games. That's why both can play Plutonia and TNT because they're fully-separate IWADs from the executable's perspective including the game-specific logic.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BisterdDave posted:

I'll play some Need for Speed on the Switch

Seriously, you can tell EA hasn't bothered to do research or they'd know that the arcade/sim diving genre is basically untapped and open for a compelling enough product on the system.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1223035247098384385?s=21

Lame it doesn't come with the game but looks nice.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Mister Facetious posted:

Seriously, you can tell EA hasn't bothered to do research or they'd know that the arcade/sim diving genre is basically untapped and open for a compelling enough product on the system.

The only question EA asks is "will it bring in as much money as Fifa?". If not, the idea is swept to the side. Everyone knows the arcade racer genre needs a comeback, but how much money will it bring?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

The only question EA asks is "will it bring in as much money as Fifa?". If not, the idea is swept to the side. Everyone knows the arcade racer genre needs a comeback, but how much money will it bring?

i'm sure they could find a way to shove a bunch of garbage microtransactions into an arcade racer

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mr Phillby posted:

Give me Burnout 2 on switch you cowards
I would die.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm sure they could find a way to shove a bunch of garbage microtransactions into an arcade racer

* Monkeys paw finger curls *

Just port Real Racing 3 from the mobile space and call it a day, that's the EA way!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kris xK posted:

We're getting Battle Brothers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EsmhrzXsY

Footage is obviously from PC but I'm hopeful, it would be great on the go.

:hellyeah: I was just thinking how nice it would be to get more turn based games on this system. Now where is XCOm and Darkest dungeon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

By far the prettiest dock to date. Top tier joycons, too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The only pretty Animal Crossing system to date

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
As a colourblind person wtf colours are those

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The pop tart 3DS was cute

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Why am I only getting 80 gold coins off of Ring Fit?

Is it because of regional differences between the product and my account?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

i'd probably describe them as a neon green and baby blue with the backs as a pale sand-y brown

pretty good colors to represent island life

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Butterfly Valley posted:

Green and blue.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

:hellyeah: I was just thinking how nice it would be to get more turn based games on this system. Now where is XCOm and Darkest dungeon

Here is Darkest Dungeon, also it's on sale.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/darkest-dungeon-switch/

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

Pastel Luigi and Sonic

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I wasn't kidding about The Urbz.

Like I know the Switch could never run Anthem. And they'd probably gently caress up putting the Mass Effect Trilogy on it without actually getting someone to make sure they don't gently caress up porting it.

But they CAN release a compilation of all those weird spin-off console and handheld Sims games from like fifteen years ago.

I don't think I could stop myself from buying all the Mass Effects again if they put it out in one convenient package unless they decided to keep the DLCs separate so that it's all over $100. Dragon Age, Jade Empire, and Plants Vs. Zombies might be fun to play again too. Rip in hell Popcap and Bioware.

I heard Fallen Order is alright, but it's not gonna be within my price range for another year or two.

American McGay posted:

Green and blue.

As a non-colorblind person, I can't see the difference between those colors.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

As a non-colorblind person, I can't see the difference between those colors.

i think it's just the way they shot those pictures that makes it look kinda weird (the lighting and palette of surroundings), it took me a minute to realize that the sand color wasn't a pale pink

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I often get pink and purple confused with one another, but that's more of a dyslexia kinda thing where I can recognize that they're two distinct colors but I forget the name of the color.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I am preordering that tomorrow

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They don't need to do another Mario Kart for Switch. That said, Super Smash Kart is such an obvious idea.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Here, lust at the console set to Animal Crossing music.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/acbaa/set/index.html

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

They don't need to do another Mario Kart for Switch. That said, Super Smash Kart is such an obvious idea.

Ay caramba im seeing double! Twenty fire emblem reps!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Detective No. 27 posted:

The mushroom kingdom country club is run by xenophobes, that's why no one but citizens gets to play tennis or golf and the foreigners all wait in the parking lot to beat them up.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Ay caramba im seeing double! Twenty fire emblem reps!

The Fire Emblem battlefield stage's road hazards would be the fallen bodies of your favorite FE units.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Earnings report meeting started

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status/1223050404058914818?s=19

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Fire Emblem battlefield stage's road hazards would be the fallen bodies of your favorite FE units.

smog of war track

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/SamNusseyRTRS/status/1223055706758184960

:raise:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Seems like the Pro thing really is a debunked rumor then. Nintendo usually dances around stuff like that with exact wording, but this is blunt and to the point.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Didn't they say something similar at last year's presentation and then we got the lite.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Didn't they say something similar at last year's presentation and then we got the lite.

No, if I recall correctly, the response was "we have nothing to announce at this time." And then announced it later after that. Which was the bit of exact wording I was referring to in my previous post.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Maybe he meant fiscal year.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I really really really like the design of that AC Switch but my dark soul and brooding masculinity are telling me my all black one is better suited for me. I can't really justify buying a new Switch just for the battery alone, nut a new design? I can justify that. I just don't think this one is for me despite how much I love the series. :(

Really surprised it's not a Lite.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Count me as one of the ardent Pro deniers that finally caved this year when the supposedly super reliable WSJ guy doubled down on the report. I figured hell if it's ever gonna happen 2020 would be the time for it.

Maybe Nintendo investigated the idea and couldn't find a way to make it work.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I knew I didn’t upgrade my Switch when the model revision happened for a reason, and here that reason is

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

SeANMcBAY posted:

He said they have no hardware to reveal at E3 iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I don't see it on sale but I do see it costing $25 is that the sale price?