Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
gently caress. I moved up the heavy line to try to get a tnak that could complete the HT-15 because that's been haunting me for a week.

4k bounce,cause,take dmg and the bst thing I have for it before the t-150 is the KV2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Just a heads up for those who don't read the website. But the Defender is going on sale late this Feb.

Would be a good time to pay to win if you don't already have it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Just a heads up for those who don't read the website. But the Defender is going on sale late this Feb.

Would be a good time to pay to win if you don't already have it.

Why would they do this... Again...

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Mesadoram posted:

You know drat well why

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

Behold the almighty dollar.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Crazyeyes24 posted:

You know drat well why

Behold the almighty dollar.

:smith:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
only played 5 games so far but team skill doesnt lose a single game ever!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slaapaav posted:

All RNG. Teams don't matter.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Welcome to World of Tanks, where the tanks are made up and the teams don't matter.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

gently caress. I moved up the heavy line to try to get a tnak that could complete the HT-15 because that's been haunting me for a week.

4k bounce,cause,take dmg and the bst thing I have for it before the t-150 is the KV2

Yeah, you aren't going to get it in a tier 6 tank outside of a spectacular game.

The hp you have is the difference. You only need to get 5 hits and die in a tier 10 to get it done.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Welcome to World of Tanks, where the tanks are made up and the teams don't matter.

Thats right. The teams are like the Italians during WWII. Didn't really mean anything.

*Audience laughter*

And our first game is everyone favorite: HOEDOWN!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I've been considering reinstalling on PC but I haven't played in a while. As in, last time i played the Batchat was just introduced a few months earlier. I just burned out on it playing with the goon clan defending Alsace and some other place daily and sometimes at odd hours. I had a good chunk of stuff unlocked at the time.

Can anyone give me a short lost of what has changed? I heard arty is limited per side now...

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BitBasher posted:

Can anyone give me a short lost of what has changed? I heard arty is limited per side now...

You're gonna get quoted a lot so I might as well throw in what I know. Ive been playing a little over a year now so depending on what has changed I can give you a rundown:

Arty is limited per platoon (One) and per side up to three is the cutoff. Everyone hates arty still and nothing much has changed in that department.

They added tanks with super neat suspension, wheels instead of tracks, russian reverse autoloaders, and finally russian double barrel tanks taken straight from command and conquer.

If you do reinstall let us know and we can shoot you an invite to our discord and clan.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

BitBasher posted:

I've been considering reinstalling on PC but I haven't played in a while. As in, last time i played the Batchat was just introduced a few months earlier. I just burned out on it playing with the goon clan defending Alsace and some other place daily and sometimes at odd hours. I had a good chunk of stuff unlocked at the time.

There's some good fun to be had still, even if some of the old headaches persist.

If you do come back, make sure to get a referral link from someone. Basically gives you free premium account bonuses for a while (stacks with premium and other boosts).

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
after 10 games i still havent lost with team skill. i know there are some turbo unicums on team mailand but most games are just stomps. also i ammo racked a 113 from 1800 hp.

the WZ-111 model 5A rental seems like a fun tank.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
undefeated streak ended because we lost to cap out :(

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Yeah, this mission is very difficult to get done at tier 6. Don't worry too hard about HT-15 for now, I made that mistake when I was much newer.

You CAN get that mission done with the Soviet heavies, but the viability for that kind of starts at tier 7 with the KV-3 and its big dome turret. I think I did it myself with the American T29, which is still the God of Hulldown Combat.

You're still pretty new, right? Focus for now on just developing map sense, minimap awareness, and patience. All three of those will serve you super well going forward. Also enjoy the T-150 once you completely kit it out, that 107mm is a really good gun.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

If you do reinstall let us know and we can shoot you an invite to our discord and clan.

Thanks! I just got my account recovered. It should be BitBasher, same as here. I'll install when I get home but I may not get on tonight.

Crazyeyes24 posted:

There's some good fun to be had still, even if some of the old headaches persist.

If you do come back, make sure to get a referral link from someone. Basically gives you free premium account bonuses for a while (stacks with premium and other boosts).

If anyone wants to send me a referral link I'm down with that. The coworker that borrowed my account (and trashed my W/L) also spent all my gold so I got poo poo and nothing now I'm pretty sure.

I had hear light tank matchmaking was overhauled? I used to absolutely love playing the Chaffee. I had a 58-59% solo win rate in that and I loved spotting for the team even though I couldn't pen a single thing on the field unless I could shoot it in the rear end.

EDIT: I should have something to play at all levels, I had most all of the US tree with most everything maxxed out and crewed. Varying amounts of the Russian line and not much German and French if I remember back like 7 years or so.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 31, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I think Skill likes the new T10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB9ol-o-sYI

I honestly never heard him curse this much in pure amusement in a video before.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Wargaming is starting to release badass 3D skins for premium tanks and you bet I got the one for the Progetto:

2500 gold

They also got one for the AMX 50 for 5000 gold

These own and more are on the way apparently. Armored patrol has a lot of leaks and details on what is coming. But also WG themselves announced stuff in their Feb sneak peek. Like a special style for the IS-3?

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/february-2020-sneak-preview/

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Gonna use the twitch prime package for the free day of premium that I'll strategically fire off tomorrow night so I get two days of x3 exp applies and help me blast through this IS-2-II to the IS-3-II.

Free to play for life.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Well, the client is installing.

I can log into the website just fine but the exact same username and password are not working in the WOT launcher. Strange.

EDIT: Nevermind, changing my password solved it for some reason.

Anyone have a referral code for me on PC?

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 31, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BitBasher posted:

Anyone have a referral code for me on PC?

https://worldoftanks.com/referral/0ca3458974da46f5b99a3e0de374d21c

Please use mine.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Used, thanks!

Wow, I got free poo poo on login for having an 8 year old account, lol.

The tech tree has changed dramatically.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 31, 2020

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Slaapaav posted:

They gave me a WZ111-5a rental so I played with no equipment and tomato rounds. Im too broke to play tier 10.
Skill was having way too much fun today. He was screaming like a madman and giggling like a little girl playing 7v7 games.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i liked that tank too. pretty zippy and makes a decent boom

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Has anyone recruited any of the Chinese New Year crew yet?

If so, can you tell me if you can change their Major Qualification or if they're like Mr. Claws in the image below and unable to change:

Gracias.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The new Doom OST has the perfect amount of rage in the songs for this game.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i like to play bfg division on loop when i get prok with 3 arties

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

McGavin posted:

Has anyone recruited any of the Chinese New Year crew yet?

If so, can you tell me if you can change their Major Qualification or if they're like Mr. Claws in the image below and unable to change:

Gracias.

The option to change from the current qualification to another is not greyed out for me. So changing their major qualification appears to be available.

I guess they really just want people to burn 500 gold, instead of giving them the chance to change it when its recruited.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Thinking about changing my ign from THE_RED_MENACE to XI_JINPING_THOT

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
How many missions can you miss on the new Tank Rewards missions but still get the top tier reward?

Because jfc platoon and get Brothers in Arms AND THEN get crucial contribution. lmao

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Edd and I carried a game at Tier 7 in a Tier 9 game last night that I forgot to talk about. (E- And Redeye Flight oops sorry mate)

On the one hand. This is the 2nd mastery I have ever gotten. But on the flip side I accidentally loaded nothing but gold so it kinda worked out in the end.

Just look how bad the T9 tanks were in this game. Look at it

MariusLecter posted:

Because jfc platoon and get Brothers in Arms AND THEN get crucial contribution. lmao

All for an optional Valentine II and french Panther? The hell?

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 1, 2020

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

MariusLecter posted:

How many missions can you miss on the new Tank Rewards missions but still get the top tier reward?

You get 100 tokens a day just for fighting a battle, so that's 2500 tokens if all you do is play a single battle every day--not even WIN. The missions that don't include BiA and Crucial Contribution add up to another 90 tokens per day. You don't need to even touch those two top missions to get the highest tier of reward.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Redeye Flight posted:

You get 100 tokens a day just for fighting a battle, so that's 2500 tokens if all you do is play a single battle every day--not even WIN. The missions that don't include BiA and Crucial Contribution add up to another 90 tokens per day. You don't need to even touch those two top missions to get the highest tier of reward.

This. The top reward is loving easy to get if you have at least one platoon buddy per day. The BiA/CC missions are just a bonus, if you even have the fortune to get them (okay BiA is """easy""" enough but CC is bullshit and I have about three of those in 34k battles).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I forget, you don't get credits or gold for em if you already have them?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

I forget, you don't get credits or gold for em if you already have them?

Sell them before you re earn them. Then sell the Valentine II again because that tank sucks rear end and I played over 400 games in it when I was grinding low tiers. The tank sucks and I hated buying that tank. Please sell your Valentine II.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

EMERGENCY! Not really but can I pick a different CC for this horrible TEAM CLASH pubby race and still platoon with clanmates who've picked someone else?

I'd assume "yes, you loving moron" but this is WG so I want to make sure.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If you dont log in to the website and select your poo poo for tank rewards do you get nothing?

Pretty sure I got last months completely done but done remember getting poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Dear Wargaming

Please give any EBR tank the Mad Max style. Does not matter what movie. Fury Road I am sure you can take some good ideas from so I hope this helps.

Love. <3

Me