Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's legit going to be a movie in this franchise where Dom either outraces a space shuttle in a car or holds one back from launching with one arm. And I am going to be sitting in the theater cheering for it along with everybody else.

Edit: What I am REALLY waiting for is the inevitable moment the Yakuza/Fast & Furious universes combine and we start getting New Japan wrestlers cameoing as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

The problem with going to court with WWE isn't whether you'd win the case (you probably could with a good legal team) it's that WWE/McDevitt will drag it out for literal years until you run out of money and give up, or forced to settle for pennies. Brock was the only one financially secure enough (and also didn't give any fucks about "burning bridges") to see it through.

Hence Trillionaire Tony's involvement, because that tactic only works when you know that you can outwait and outspend the other side.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

RealFoxy posted:

Speaking of, a quote from the observer:

Eliminating someone from a Rumble has always been flimsy ground to base Wrestlemania feuds on so I'm glad they didn't go with that plan. If their logic was originally "Drew won't need the win after this!" then how in the name of gently caress would you justify giving it to ROMAN instead, a 4 time world champion who's main evented Wrestlemania like 3 times and already won the Rumble once? If anybody ever "didn't need it" then it's Roman!

I'm getting worked up over something that didn't even happen because WWE is so insanely stupid that it ALMOST happened and that's enough.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

There's legit going to be a movie in this franchise where Dom either outraces a space shuttle in a car or holds one back from launching with one arm. And I am going to be sitting in the theater cheering for it along with everybody else.

Edit: What I am REALLY waiting for is the inevitable moment the Yakuza/Fast & Furious universes combine and we start getting New Japan wrestlers cameoing as well.

Remember when it was all about thieves stealing TV/VCR combos?

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

this is yet ANOTHER reason why the next spinoff needs to be Tokyo Drift 2

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Jerusalem posted:

Hey now wait a second that's unfair! The bit about people thinking Vince was really blown up in a limo is untrue, it wasn't the stockholders who thought that. It was the man who is the current sitting President of the United States of America.

:cripes:

Oddly enough it also included people from the media. I'm friends with the (current) Wilkes-Barre fire chief and he was telling us stories about the different news stations calling for comment on the explosion and any injuries. They had to keep explaining that nothing blew up here, it was all done on a sound stage somewhere else.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

You just want Tanahashi vs. Cena.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I just want cena back

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

oldpainless posted:

I just want cena back

Cena's probably gonna wait another year or two so that the offer has an extra three zeroes.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

oldpainless posted:

I just want cena back

Broke: Cena in WWE
Woke: Cena in AEW
Bespoke: Cena in NJPW

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

You'd think that Trillionaire Tony could fund a top-notch legal team for someone who wants to get out to finally kill off those blatantly illegal WWE contracts.

The problem with proving the contracts are illegal is that you can't then go on to use them yourself.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What's the deal with Cena anyway, does he have an active contract that is just suspended because Vince allows him to gently caress off and do movies?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

You just want Tanahashi vs. Cena.

Hell yeah I do my brother. My.... ACTUAL... brother!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

wait isn't this the last one? who was the evil baddie voice from hobbs and shaw then? cena?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

The problem with proving the contracts are illegal is that you can't then go on to use them yourself.

AEW contracts aren't [illegal] like WWE contracts. The independent contractors are allowed to take other bookings and the exclusive talent have employee contracts.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Good point, but I don't think AEW uses the same bullshit contracts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait isn't this the last one? who was the evil baddie voice from hobbs and shaw then? cena?

I think they were trying to turn Hobbs and Shaw into its own franchise so it's kind of a separate thing now? The movie did pretty well though not quite as batshit insane as the regular F&F movies do who knows if it was a "success" or not.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The 10th one is supposed to be the last one in the main series.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

TriffTshngo posted:

Eliminating someone from a Rumble has always been flimsy ground to base Wrestlemania feuds on so I'm glad they didn't go with that plan. If their logic was originally "Drew won't need the win after this!" then how in the name of gently caress would you justify giving it to ROMAN instead, a 4 time world champion who's main evented Wrestlemania like 3 times and already won the Rumble once? If anybody ever "didn't need it" then it's Roman!

I'm getting worked up over something that didn't even happen because WWE is so insanely stupid that it ALMOST happened and that's enough.

Extra fun because Drew's last PPV win was 2018 Survivor Series and in addition to that he had only one tag match win during the current run.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Huski Boi posted:

The 10th one is supposed to be the last one in the main series.

Then they'll do a spin off set 20 years in the future with Dom's son, and it'll end with Vin Diesel making a cameo, and he won't have aged a day.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

If Goro Majima shows up in a F&F movie, I'm thanking you.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:laffo: The super powered cars are fine, the terrible acting is fine, the fact you have a very charismatic John Cena doing a terrible impression of a T-800 is laughably fine, poo poo even using Torgo's Executive Powder to *FILE NOT FOUND* is pants on head stupid but okay. BUT HEAVEN FORBID SOMEONE GOES OVER VIN DIESEL, "UHHHHH UHHH YEAH JOHN CENA IS IN THIS AND HE'S MY OLDER BROTHER THAT ALWAYS WANTED TO BE ME.......................what? What are y'all looking at????" That's some straight up Vince and Hunter insecurity.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I think they were trying to turn Hobbs and Shaw into its own franchise so it's kind of a separate thing now? The movie did pretty well though not quite as batshit insane as the regular F&F movies do who knows if it was a "success" or not.

Idris Elba was a robot man in it, it's still very delightfully batshit ridiculous

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

If Goro Majima shows up in a F&F movie, I'm thanking you.

Dom shows up at the orphanage,"I need your help, brother."

Kiryu sighs, just when he thought he was out....

the escape goat posted:

Idris Elba was a robot man in it, it's still very delightfully batshit ridiculous

I don't ask much from my action movies, just that they hit the right balance of ludicrously ridiculous to cool, and Hobbs & Shaw ranked a 0.7 on the Con Air scale.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the escape goat posted:

cyborg idris elba wasn't even the most ridiculous thing in the movie!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

the escape goat posted:

That whole movie was lame as gently caress because it wasn't allowed to be rated R. It suffers heavily from it.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Tweak posted:

this is the most off the wall bonkers thing even for a fast movie that i've ever seen

i can't loving wait

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jiro posted:

:laffo: The super powered cars are fine, the terrible acting is fine, the fact you have a very charismatic John Cena doing a terrible impression of a T-800 is laughably fine, poo poo even using Torgo's Executive Powder to *FILE NOT FOUND* is pants on head stupid but okay. BUT HEAVEN FORBID SOMEONE GOES OVER VIN DIESEL, "UHHHHH UHHH YEAH JOHN CENA IS IN THIS AND HE'S MY OLDER BROTHER THAT ALWAYS WANTED TO BE ME.......................what? What are y'all looking at????" That's some straight up Vince and Hunter insecurity.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/08/fast-and-furious-rock-diesel-fight-contracts.html

“According to producers and crew members on the films, Mr. Statham, 51 years old, negotiated an agreement with the studio that limits how badly he can be beaten up on screen,” according to the Journal. “Mr. Diesel, 52, has his younger sister, a producer on the films, police the number of punches he takes. And Mr. Johnson, 47, enlists producers, editors and fight coordinators to help make sure he always gives as good as he gets.”

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

cyborg idris elba wasn't even the most ridiculous thing in the movie!
My friend yelled that the movie was perfect except for the transforming cyber-bike which I'm not sure anyone else even noticed

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

Good point, but I don't think AEW uses the same bullshit contracts.

I'm not saying they do, I'm just saying it would preclude them from using them in the future. Which they might. Billionaires tend not to become billionaires worrying about worker rights. I'd be delighted for the Khans to prove me wrong and spunk a lot of money up the wall to end the nonsense around independent contractors with exclusive contracts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TheKingslayer posted:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/08/fast-and-furious-rock-diesel-fight-contracts.html

“According to producers and crew members on the films, Mr. Statham, 51 years old, negotiated an agreement with the studio that limits how badly he can be beaten up on screen,” according to the Journal. “Mr. Diesel, 52, has his younger sister, a producer on the films, police the number of punches he takes. And Mr. Johnson, 47, enlists producers, editors and fight coordinators to help make sure he always gives as good as he gets.”

I really expect better than this from Dwayne. He should know the value that comes from getting the crap kicked out of you and fighting through anyway.

Keanu is the only one that gets it, I guess.

forkboy84 posted:

I'm not saying they do, I'm just saying it would preclude them from using them in the future. Which they might. Billionaires tend not to become billionaires worrying about worker rights. I'd be delighted for the Khans to prove me wrong and spunk a lot of money up the wall to end the nonsense around independent contractors with exclusive contracts.

They don't use those kinds of contracts, but you want them to prove you wrong by... .... ....not using those kinds of contracts more than they're not using them right now?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Big Huski Boi posted:

The AAF actually had decent ratings. Again, it primarily failed because their main investor walked away.

The whole story is a WHOLE lot funnier when one of the main investors was basically a Bitcoin crook; and basically lost $800 million "dollars" in bitcoin thru all the exchanges he was involved with "getting hacked and losing all their basically" basically :bitcoin: Then he trusted (lol trust in bitcoin) and gave some Panamanian shadow bank $800 million dollars, and they were like "What $800 million dollars?" :lol:

https://qz.com/1611214/aaf-football-league-collapse-tied-to-ifinexs-crypto-bank-scandal/

Court filings explain that a company associated with Fowler has failed to return $851 million to a client of Fowler’s shadow bank. That number is precisely how much money is missing from Bitfinex, one of the world’s most prominent cryptocurrency exchanges. So, it appears Fowler has been providing banking services to Bitfinex through his “shadow bank.” Cryptocurrency media also report that Fowler was linked at various points to other major exchanges, including QuadrigaCX, Kraken, Binance, and BitMEX.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Fowler

Crypto Capital
In April 2019 Fowler's funds were frozen by the Department of Justice, after Fowler's indictment on charges of money laundering for cryptocurrency exchanges.[3]

In April 2019 New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a suit accusing cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex of using the reserves of an affiliated company to cover up a loss of $850 million. Bitfinex had been unable to obtain a normal banking relationship, according to the lawsuit, so it deposited over $1 billion with a Panamanian payment processor known as Crypto Capital Corp. No contract was ever signed with Crypto Capital.[4] James alleged that in 2018 Bitfinex knew or suspected that Crypto Capital had absconded with the money, but that their investors were never informed of the loss.[4]

Fowler, who is alleged to have connections with Crypto Capital, was indicted on April 30, 2019, for running an unlicensed money transmitting business for cryptocurrency traders. He is believed to have failed to return about $850 million to an unnamed client. Investigators also seized $14,000 in counterfeit currency from his office.[5]

Hirez fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 1, 2020

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

I really expect better than this from Dwayne. He should know the value that comes from getting the crap kicked out of you and fighting through anyway.

Keanu is the only one that gets it, I guess.

And Harrison Ford.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

all ford cares about is fueling his crippling airplane addiction

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DuhSal posted:

And Harrison Ford.

These shmucks would've demanded that the laser sword only stabs them for like 2.5 seconds or whatever.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

That's seriously not surprising about Statham considering he did 3 Expendable movies. But yeah I expected Dwayne to not have such a fragile roid ego like Stallone and Willis.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Whenever I check my spam yahoo account every few months i noticed my latest message from WWE (from Today)

Shithead; No longer Over; Lol; NOT THE FIEND?; Alexa (i guess the best pick even if its bad); Some Fan from attitude era; Jobber Squad; Losers who hang out with Britt Bakers boyfriend

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown Results 1/31:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Roman Reigns & The Usos challenged Baron Corbin, Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler to add a "loser eats dogfood" stipulation to their six-man tag tonight. Corbin accepted.
  • The Miz & John Morrison defeated Heavy Machinery, Lucha House party and The Revival in a Fatal Fourway tag to earn a title shot against The New Day at the Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia. The Revival, who recently requested releases, took the pin.
  • Mandy Rose turned down Otis' request for a date next Friday but agreed to one the week after. Tucker reminded Otis this was Valentine's Day.
  • Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross defeated Mandy Rose and Sonya DeVille in a tag match.
  • Braun Strowman defeated Shinsuke Nakamura (C) to win the Intercontinental Title, after reversing a headbutt into an exposed turnbuckle to knock Shinsuke out.
  • An angry Sami Zayn sent Cesaro to fight Elias for interrupting his backstage rant. Elias easily beat up Cesaro.
  • Sheamus beat Chad Gable clean as a sheet in a singles match. Again. The End. No Moral.
  • Bayley was cutting a promo mocking Lacey Evans when Naomi showed up with an amazing fishbowl LED helmet, got jumped by Bayley but fought her off to stand tall.
  • Roman Reigns and the Usos defeated Baron Corbin, Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler in a six-man tag main event. Michael Cole did not shut up all show about eating dog food.
  • The Usos handcuffed a struggling Corbin who got speared by Roman. They hung him up on the turnbuckle and poured the dog food over him to end the show.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol what the gently caress are they doing with Smackdown