Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Don't worry everyone:

The Auckland Blues started their first half with a strong 19 to 5 lead against the Waikato Chiefs but still ended up losing. Blues 29 Chiefs 37.

After the first 40 I was experiencing a strange feeling called hope and anticipation but, thank goodness, that was taken away and now I go back to being a disappointed Blues supporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

North at centre pros and cons

Pro: gets ball more often, Wales win

Con: will get clattered more often, injured in first five minutes of play

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

lenoon posted:

He's going to go a while five minutes without an injury? Hot drat, if only the rest of our players were so resilient

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

We’re a nation of small* wiry men and women who are near indestructible below ground, but when exposed to high levels of oxygen we quickly crumble into dust

*and some large

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

lenoon posted:

Though the chances of the ball going beyond him are slim, so really he's sacrificing himself for the sake of Josh Adams. A true hero.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

Don't worry everyone:

The Auckland Blues started their first half with a strong 19 to 5 lead against the Waikato Chiefs but still ended up losing. Blues 29 Chiefs 37.

After the first 40 I was experiencing a strange feeling called hope and anticipation but, thank goodness, that was taken away and now I go back to being a disappointed Blues supporter.

Good to see the Blues experience is the same, regardless of which country the Blues are from. It must be part of a brand or something.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Good win for the Italy U20 side. Wales U20 not looking good in the first game.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

bessantj posted:

Good win for the Italy U20 side. Wales U20 not looking good in the first game.

Didn't watch the game, but saw the Italian scrum half got man of the match. As he was born and grew up in Wales, we'll take that as a moral victory :)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Italy had been taking action to improve the grassroots of the game, and it has led to an upward trend in their age-group sides. Their U20s appear to have become a team that is capable of tipping over more fancied sides.

I wonder how the French U20s and their recent success will eventually mean for their senior men's side.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

We're starting to see the players from 2018/2019 filter in with Ntamack, Joseph, Vincent, Carbonel, Gros, and Woki all being included in the squad and some in the match day 23. If they can carry that form into the seniors, they'll restore a bit more of the French flair without the absolutely mental side to it that recent French sides have had.

Carbonel is going to be a joy to watch at some point as he does totally bonkers stuff and is massive prick in the best kind of way.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6m55n2?retry

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 1, 2020

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

BBC has the weirdest panel for the Wales game.

Jonathon Davies ( the young one) - Fine
Michele Campagnaro - Fine
Faf de Klerk - :psyduck:
Michael Cheika :psyboom:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Simultaneously one of my favourite and least favourite times of year

Love the rugby, hate the atmosphere in Cardiff. The welsh v english thing is horrible

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

Simultaneously one of my favourite and least favourite times of year

Love the rugby, hate the atmosphere in Cardiff. The welsh v english thing is horrible

You think so? I usually enjoy it never had any trouble.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

bessantj posted:

You think so? I usually enjoy it never had any trouble.

I run a pub so definitely see the worst of it

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Skarsnik posted:

Almost as if hundreds of years of oppressing a nation and marginalising it has consequences.

It's not just a Wales vs England thing, it's an England thing. England fans arent really made to feel welcome in Wales, Scotland, or Ireland as much as those three welcome each other because of history. Maybe you can say "but that's all in the past now" but that's usually what the past bad guy always says.

Personally if I was English I'd just lean into it and be happy we are the Dick Dasterdly or rugby.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
For a team 21 points down and with 0 points, Italy don't look bad.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think they're reaching a bit beyond their limits though. They're making a lot of offloads and some nice passes, but they've not got a structure for those passes to feed into.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good break by that Englishman.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Wales clearly knock the ball on out of a player hand...... Play on. A try scored a nice slow mo of the knock on? Try is good.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

I run a pub so definitely see the worst of it

Fair point. A guy I work with does door work in McDonald's in St Mary's Street and he sees some poo poo.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Italy constantly seem to be one pass away from doing something but Scotland it up in the end.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Super Rugby :toxx: time

If the Chiefs don't win, I'll donate $50 to Rainbow Youth

If the Sunwolves win, I'll donate $50 to Rainbow Youth

If the Chiefs DO win, I'll donate $100 to Rainbow Youth

Other sothern hemisphere rugby followers, please let me know your :toxx:

also, I've picked this charity because gently caress Folau. If you think there is a better run organisation, please let me know

slothrop fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 1, 2020

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
If Rhys Webb could stop bitching at the ref, and just get on with playing rugby, that'd be great.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

stavros880 posted:

If Rhys Webb could stop bitching at the ref, and just get on with playing rugby, that'd be great.

Be great if he could stop acting like a oval office.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

bessantj posted:

Be great if he could stop acting like a oval office.

Was he like this before he left for France? I can't remember him being so annoying

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

stavros880 posted:

Was he like this before he left for France? I can't remember him being so annoying

He could do. Always lifting his arms in the air and looking at the ref at every ruck instead of getting quick ball out.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did he ground that?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

stavros880 posted:

He's always been really chippy, between him and Biggar it was a masterclass in halfback cuntitude.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

Did he ground that?

That's what I was wondering, but it was given so that's all that counts.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Vaders Jester posted:

He's always been really chippy, between him and Biggar it was a masterclass in halfback cuntitude.

I think maybe I've just forgotten him, and only remembered Biggar's dickishness

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
That was a good game, Italy didn't look too terrible, but they left a lot of gaps in their defence that were well exploited. It's just so weird to see some great attacking Welsh rugby after watching the world cup.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Very good start from Scotland.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Scotland winning the collisions so far. Hope Doris is okay though.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Ah well, good while it lasted.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Well this is better than their world Cup match so far

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Ireland looking a bit panicked a the moment, it won't last but at least it's not a total doing for Scotland.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Sexton :jerkbag:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

If Scotland could just not gently caress it up for 5 minutes they'd probably have a couple of tries by now.

Scotland.txt

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

If Scotland could just not gently caress it up for 5 minutes they'd probably have a couple of tries by now.

Scotland.txt

Scotland don't seem fussed on actually scoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Too many turn overs at the breakdown, it's a pain in the arse to watch.