Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Oh man the finale of the Good Place gave me far too many emotions and I don't know what to do with them.
I sobbed uncontrollably the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

genuinely thank you whoever fixed it. i'm trying to be a better poster but the last one was just really horrible and punished the forum more than me when they haven't done anything

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 2, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the poop is extremely gross to look at.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm all for buying mocking avatars for people to support the Keep Lowtax's Spine Intact Foundation (which is why my incredible posting encourages people to buy so many for me, clearly), but geez, people, at least don't make them actively unpleasant to look at.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah that's gross as... well, poo poo. At least try to be clever, that's Vince McMahon levels of humor. VINCE MCMAHON!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yo i'm 10 minutes into Warriors Orochi 4 and i haven't been warned not to pursue Lu Bu what is this :mad:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the best avatar ever was the giant horse one

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, it's much better now. :goodshit:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChrisBTY posted:

If Xenoverse gave me stupid fingers would Kakarot do the same?

nah, its pretty much mash in the general direction of your foes. There's certain spots when its ok to unleash supers. I haven't quite gotten the hang of that but its pretty easy to get an S or A rank if you're leveled high enough. If you really wanna min to the fuckin max you grind for food parts, make meals and eat them for stat boosts.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I don't want Polanski to die, I want him to be arrested and get his rear end thrown in jail for the rest of his miserable God forsaken life, the despicable piece of utter poo poo.

This guy knows what's up

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I watched the first episode of Picard and really liked it enough I'm gonna wait for it price drop a lil on Amazon or it hits my local library. In the meantime I'm watching Discovery and I really dig it even tho it doesn't feel a thing like a Star Trek show. Which makes sense because its the era that was only partially referenced in the FASA sourcebooks. Tho why they did such radical design changes in the klingon stuff doesn't make a lot of sense.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i cried throughout the good place finale but i also cried like 3 times during loving wonder woman so i am a pretty easy mark

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh hey, not even two episodes in and we've got our first federation war crime.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So someone I grew up with was totally in an episode of Bojack in the last batch of episodes but I watched the episode twice and didn't hear her. She's in the episode credits, and the credit is on Wikipedia, IMDB, and the Bojack wiki but the character she is isn't listed. It's got me mindflooded. Her voice is very distinctive. :iiam:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Watched The Irishman today, it was really good overall, though I do agree that it probably was just a touch too long, I probably would have chopped off the last half hour or so, basically everything from Frank going to jail onwards, it just overall felt unnecessary and kinda made it end on an unsatisfying note

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So someone I grew up with was totally in an episode of Bojack in the last batch of episodes but I watched the episode twice and didn't hear her. She's in the episode credits, and the credit is on Wikipedia, IMDB, and the Bojack wiki but the character she is isn't listed. It's got me mindflooded. Her voice is very distinctive. :iiam:

Maybe a crowd/background voice in that episode?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Maybe a crowd/background voice in that episode?

Maybe, but it's in "Janet" and there's really not much background noise in it. Very odd.

Angela rather, dunno where I got Janet from.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 2, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Waiting patiently for Earthbound (and god forbid the other two Mother games) to be released on the Switch so I don't have to pull out my SNES classic any time I want to say hi to my friend Ness.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nintendo is a rear end in a top hat. that game and more are on the virtual console for new 3ds but they just sit around waggling their tongues in the air catching all the dust that falls off the ceiling fan and going numnumnumnumnumnumnum. they shouldn't keep restarting virtual libraries and building them up extremely slow over the course of years then starting over again. I don't care about busi ness. i care about regular ness.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've been meaning to make sure I see "1917" while it's still in theaters and since i have no interest in the NFL I figure this afternoon is as good a time to go as any. Gonna get the whole drat place to myself

E: oh gently caress yeah it's still in the big fancy format too.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 2, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

nintendo is a rear end in a top hat. that game and more are on the virtual console for new 3ds but they just sit around waggling their tongues in the air catching all the dust that falls off the ceiling fan and going numnumnumnumnumnumnum. they shouldn't keep restarting virtual libraries and building them up extremely slow over the course of years then starting over again. I don't care about busi ness. i care about regular ness.

That's true but having Kirby Superstar on switch kicks rear end, ruining Meta Knight's life slowly is one of the best games ever.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

"I don't care about busi ness. I care about regular ness" is a next level joke

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've never played or even watched a play through of Mother 3 because I always held out hope that I'd be able to just play it legally. I should just give in now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i played 15 min of it on a patched rom and it froze. might have been because of the psp gba emulator. this was in the year called 2011 i believe. never tried again

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

For all the talk about how companies these days give in to fan service and ruin their IPs Nintendo does the opposite of that, they rarely give their fans what they want, it's just usually of such a high quality that the fans are okay with it. I was thinking today how crazy it was that Mario only had one mainline game on the N64, and I remember the outrage of the added water mechanic in the gaming magazines and forums of the day when Sunshine was announced, and then they did it again by making Zelda cartoonish, which worked out fine but again a thing that caused a big outrage online and in magazines, but an argument could be made that the gamecube was less successful than Nintendo's other systems because they made these decisions but then again the Wii came and bucked all notions of what a console was at the time and it became a massive success.

I don't understand a lot of what they do, but it seems to be working. I just wish we got more Mario games, and I found Odyssey to a disappointment to be honest. I heard super 3D land may be getting ported and i've always wanted to try that I hear it's great.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've got some healthy seaweed that i can share if anyone would like to eat my fucus.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still love that people thought the Wii would be a failure because it wasn't as grunty as the Xbox or Playstation and then it turned out a console designed for families and groups to play fun games was a good idea!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it really helped that wii sports was perfectly designed so that your gran and your infant nephew could compete in games and have fun

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't understand a lot of what they do, but it seems to be working.

I don't either, but I think it's because they're more driven by other motivations than just "let's just make as much money as humanly possible" than many other big video game companies. Well, when it comes to the actual games, that is, Nintendo can of course be really weird and money-hungry too

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m excited to eat a bunch of acid and go to nintendo land i hope charli xcx is there

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The mountain of shovelware for that system was depressing and the motion controls were spotty. I guess for the most part the system just wasn't 'for' me.
I love that the Just Dance series is still making Wii releases because their target audience is the sort to own a Wii and nothing else though.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

NienNunb posted:

I've never played or even watched a play through of Mother 3 because I always held out hope that I'd be able to just play it legally. I should just give in now

Earthbound will always be one of the most important games of my entire life and I'm still pretty sure Mother 3 is a better game, the fan translation is 100% worth it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't understand a lot of what they do, but it seems to be working. I just wish we got more Mario games, and I found Odyssey to a disappointment to be honest. I heard super 3D land may be getting ported and i've always wanted to try that I hear it's great.

Were there some Mario games that weren't carried over to the West from Japan?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Not in the main series of platformers that I am aware of.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

The only example I can think of is Super Mario 2. In Japan they released Super Mario 2 in 1986 and it was just a new set of levels in the style of the first game. We didn't see that games in the US until 1993 when it was included in Super Mario All-Stars as "The Lost Levels". It was considered too hard for western gamers at launch.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Doki Doki Panic Mario 2 >>>>>>>> Original Japanese Mario 2

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember getting so mad at those ads. How the gently caress do you lose levels, Nintendo? What kinda poo poo show are you running where levels just disappear from the cart?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I can't be the only one who thinks if the troops wanted to they could put together a football team and dominate the NFL.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/colincornaby/status/1223073101312753664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Apparently, bafflingly that's not even an uncommon thing in game menus since Scaleform got discontinued if I read discussion of this in the Steam thread right, though in this particular case it has been EXTREMELY badly implemented?

Man, Blizzard used to be so loving good :sigh: