Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
???

https://twitter.com/noahtsika/status/1223382148159279104?s=21

it’s just a silly hashtag, you don’t need to cherry-pick the most conventionally hot/ripped guys just because you’re a body-insecure gay (not that I can’t relate to that somewhat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

???

https://twitter.com/noahtsika/status/1223382148159279104?s=21

it’s just a silly hashtag, you don’t need to cherry-pick the most conventionally hot/ripped guys just because you’re a body-insecure gay (not that I can’t relate to that somewhat)

strong 'incel complaining about chads' energy

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’ll become a twink for Bernie. We’ll all be Bernie’s twinks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/kaymtye/status/1223310647703662592?s=19

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lmaoooo

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
someone's gotta collect all these stories where people complain about their family's plantation being seized by communists or their grandma was the tsarina's cousin twice removed before getting chased out by bolsheviks or whatever

for historical purposes

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/AGoblinIRL/status/1223410274322878465

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dreylad posted:

someone's gotta collect all these stories where people complain about their family's plantation being seized by communists or their grandma was the tsarina's cousin twice removed before getting chased out by bolsheviks or whatever

for historical purposes

“They took nana’s ponies and made her drive a bus!” is the gold standard of that genre.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

“They took nana’s ponies and made her drive a bus!” is the gold standard of that genre.

The wonderful thing about twitter is that these people can be exposed to hundreds of normal people expressing the sentiment that their rich grandparents should have been executed.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lollll what's the mandarin word for gusano

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i was gonna dig it outta my archive but it fortunately was in the comments

https://twitter.com/MartinBarakov/status/1223428932512428038

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

never wont laugh at the toddler in the exact same outfit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So is this coming from 'Bernie bros are doing it therefore it is a fascism' or has 'caring about things is fascism' now extended to your own body

or is it 'I look like poo poo because I am an ally who doesn't want to intimidate women'

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Liberalism is the mind prison of believing that nothing better is possible. Liberals don’t lift and it’s like garlic on a vampire for them to see someone being happy or doing better.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

So is this coming from 'Bernie bros are doing it therefore it is a fascism' or has 'caring about things is fascism' now extended to your own body

or is it 'I look like poo poo because I am an ally who doesn't want to intimidate women'

“Fascism is a genericized insult that I apply to anything I don’t like, in this case hunks who won’t gently caress me.”

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 06:51 on Feb 1, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
libcel

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I lost 110 pounds and now I’m being body shamed on twitter 😭

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

body fascism is just a politicized way to say body shaming/discrimination based on appearance

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’ll become a twink for Bernie. We’ll all be Bernie’s twinks.

gently caress you, Bernie Bear 4lyfe

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Ah, yes, DNVP, the famously never-Hitler party. They never had ministers in Hitler's cabinet, nosir.

Also the notion that March 1933 was a fair election is a farce with Goering controlling the police, but it's some amazing historical hot takes in that post.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Panzeh posted:

Ah, yes, DNVP, the famously never-Hitler party. They never had ministers in Hitler's cabinet, nosir.

Also the notion that March 1933 was a fair election is a farce with Goering controlling the police, but it's some amazing historical hot takes in that post.

1933 was democratic enough to be perceived as legitimate, including by most of the opposition. there is no doubt as to the nazis being legitimately popular

a prominent tendency in contemporary discourse is the attempt to delegitimise flawed elections (e.g. brexit) on formal grounds rather than engage with how why they were in a position to fudge it in the first place - we really oughtn't do that with hitler imo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BeijingPalmer/status/1223259655134220288?s=19

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hes technically right but also its not like posting will stop an epidemic

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

Hes technically right but also its not like posting will stop an epidemic

not with that attitude

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
rashida tlaib is a white male

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1223463584694439936?s=20

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
why are they booing our slay kween those drat bernie bros!!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/NewIsraelFund/status/1223278231941451777?s=19

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

What's the hot take here?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Does the Buddha, Siddhārtha Gautama have to be the son of Suddhodana of the Shakya? Could the story work without the Great Renunciation?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tulip posted:

What's the hot take here?

Writing the tweet in 2020 and suggesting apartheid hasn't happened yet

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

gradenko_2000 posted:

Writing the tweet in 2020 and suggesting apartheid hasn't happened yet

The article feels pretty unambiguously anti-Bibi and anti-occupation. Whether or not the status quo is technically apartheid seems pedantic when it's already an unacceptable occupation.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1224178617866833921

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tulip posted:

The article feels pretty unambiguously anti-Bibi and anti-occupation. Whether or not the status quo is technically apartheid seems pedantic when it's already an unacceptable occupation.
Isolated in a tweet, the quote sounds like some liberal "The status quo is fine, but THIS is a step too far" bullshit, while the article seems a little more about how this will codify and exacerbate an intolerable status quo. There's still an element of targeting status quo liberals though, trying to assuage their guilt by saying this is a step too far, a TRUMP plan that won't work (if it was likely to work they'd probably support it), and a legal codification of inequality that liberals could otherwise pretend wasn't real because it was merely de facto rather than de jure.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

:thunk:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy gently caress

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

lmao 360k a year
thinking you're the 1%
these people are dumb as dicks but not half as fun to suck

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Isolated in a tweet, the quote sounds like some liberal "The status quo is fine, but THIS is a step too far" bullshit, while the article seems a little more about how this will codify and exacerbate an intolerable status quo. There's still an element of targeting status quo liberals though, trying to assuage their guilt by saying this is a step too far, a TRUMP plan that won't work (if it was likely to work they'd probably support it), and a legal codification of inequality that liberals could otherwise pretend wasn't real because it was merely de facto rather than de jure.

Yeah there's definitely a lib brain thing going on in their hypothetical two state solution, but at least they've got the moral fiber to hate the status quo.

Taintrunner posted:

holy gently caress

having a stroke as a housing policy

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

is the steps there going 'poors will gather where affordable housing is' -> 'no businesses will bother going there cause poors' -> 'no jobs so everyone stays poor' -> 'thus it's not progressive'

because holy poo poo

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

is the steps there going 'poors will gather where affordable housing is' -> 'no businesses will bother going there cause poors' -> 'no jobs so everyone stays poor' -> 'thus it's not progressive'

because holy poo poo

I think it's more like "poor people are bad influences on each other and should be kept separated"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

It's on the level of "well if healthcare was free doctors won't make money so we won't have doctors"