Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

Lets take a gander at this beautiful optimism again lol

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you know its funny, i even followed the russiagate thing for a while just as a way to try to like, figure out the liberal mind better. clearly I learned nothing

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i've known a couple russiagaters that have eventually changed their mind on it. for both of these people i think it's b/c they listened to a bunch of chapo combined with the utter humiliation of the mueller report and his testimony lol

sand maggot
Jan 3, 2020

That D&D impeachment thread sure is something.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it was really driving me nuts for a minute, but i realize it's just the d&d libs redirecting their frustration at the commie mod, who actually has an amazing amount of patience. thats something i've always been impressed with with helsing

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if he's a commie mod, the let me speak to your manager types are already trawling his posts for genocide denial as we speak

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

maybe they'll learn to trust authority less at least

Lmao nah

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Russiagate was so stupid. At most the Russians spent a few million on facebook ads and twitter bots, a mere drop in the ocean of a general election campaign that cost over a *billion* loving dollars. Its an absolute nothing compared to the interference the US regularly perpetrates in other countries.

My response to Russiagate was always that Obama must have known about Russian influence and specifically ordered a gag out of pure petty spite for Hillary. And then didn't exercise the same control with Comey's letter, again out of sheer petty spite. That or the Russians are too wily to be caught and democracy has no hope. Its a fun argument to have with the terminally insane.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

wow that thread is full of “this thread should be dead how dare you reopen it! now I have to read stuff other than tweet dumps :qq:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is there a good write up somewhere of why the gently caress people. Shouldn't be stanning John loving Bolton of all people? I just ran into a relative online who was saying they hope Bolton writes a book and finds a way to take down trump and save America and I was just so loving dumbstruck I had no idea how to respond.

Is this a thing that #resistance types are actuslly doing???

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"John Bolton is a blood-gargling psychopath that never saw a war he didn't like" is just a latent truism that I wouldn't know how to begin to explain it to someone that thinks he's going to be the Savior of the Republic

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I mean, this is pretty much the ideal outcome, every president; past, present or future; should be under impeachment investigation for roughly half the things they ever do.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

"John Bolton is a blood-gargling psychopath that never saw a war he didn't like" is just a latent truism that I wouldn't know how to begin to explain it to someone that thinks he's going to be the Savior of the Republic

The kind of people who think John Bolton will save the Republic *also* think bombing the poo poo out of foreign countries is necessary for American safety. They're the type who thinks getting 'tough' with Iran is necessary to prevent them from getting nukes, and if we have to kill a million civilians in the process its their fault for having bad leaders

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
just lmao forever that d&d libs consider themselves to be the smartest and most sophisticated people ever yet get extremely pissy the moment that someone tries to actually discuss something in their self-appointed hugbox threads

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Nix Panicus posted:

Russiagate was so stupid. At most the Russians spent a few million on facebook ads and twitter bots, a mere drop in the ocean of a general election campaign that cost over a *billion* loving dollars. Its an absolute nothing compared to the interference the US regularly perpetrates in other countries.

My response to Russiagate was always that Obama must have known about Russian influence and specifically ordered a gag out of pure petty spite for Hillary. And then didn't exercise the same control with Comey's letter, again out of sheer petty spite. That or the Russians are too wily to be caught and democracy has no hope. Its a fun argument to have with the terminally insane.

even if the russians did a bunch of stupid poo poo, the israelis have a loving conference every year specifically to sway the us government to give them more bombs so who gives a poo poo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
d&d in the age of trump would be funny if it wasn’t the most pathetic collection of morons with 0 understanding of politics or power

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

d&d in the age of trump would be funny if it wasn’t the most pathetic collection of morons with 0 understanding of politics or power

No that's why it's funny

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the russiagate thread was always just sad because it was people seeking to blame any kind of external force for their electoral misfortunes than anything going on in their own country

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao now they're extremely mad at pointing out that the suburbanite women's march didn't accomplish anything and are somehow ascribing a bunch of affluent white people marching for 3 hours as being responsible for AOC et al being elected

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
libs are categorically unable to comprehend that non upper-middle class people can have relevance to politics beyond legitimizing elite rule every couple of years, so that's not very surprising

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is there a good write up somewhere of why the gently caress people. Shouldn't be stanning John loving Bolton of all people? I just ran into a relative online who was saying they hope Bolton writes a book and finds a way to take down trump and save America and I was just so loving dumbstruck I had no idea how to respond.

Is this a thing that #resistance types are actuslly doing???
a lot of liberals are lionizing these bush administration cronies because the entire liberal media and a bunch of democratic politicians have been telling them to lionize these figures for years now
https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/status/1124515176194150401

robert mueller himself was also a literal iraq war propagandist and you know how that went

a reminder the liberal media got liberals so worked up they literally held rallies in support of jeff sessions

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

a reminder the liberal media got liberals so worked up they literally held rallies in support of jeff sessions

i will never stop being enraged about this, gently caress every last one of them

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i've talked to a bunch of russiagaters even recently, and they are so in thrall of the liberal media they really do think you are a crazy lunatic if you don't agree w/ the rachel maddow or npr orthodoxy

if their lived experience is hundreds of hours of liberal news without any contrary viewpoints, a few minutes of conversation isn't going to change their minds. they have to be willing to expose themselves to other spaces that normalize the idea that russiagate is a charade.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Giving people who want to be bosses a nebulous enemy titled russians works far better then trying to tell them actually it's the bosses who are at fault.

larper
Apr 9, 2019

I need someone to come and shoot a blow dart at my rear end every time I click the succ zone

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Whoever brought up the women's march is a genius lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

helsing shall fall; greyjoy bastard ascends the throne

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

robert mueller himself was also a literal iraq war propagandist and you know how that went

The lionizing of Mueller really made me realize how little liberals actually give a poo poo about the Iraq war beyond being able to use it as a cudgel against Republicans.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

im rasks boomer energy

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So wait, is it OK now for dems to ask China for help investigating trump stuff?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shaocaholica posted:

So wait, is it OK now for dems to ask China for help investigating trump stuff?

It always has been if you know how to use the right pretexts and make the right hints without saying the quiet part loud. It also helps to command some amount of loyalty and respect amongst the career civil servants. Trump's just too stupid to do this right and nobody likes him. It's a big part of why this is so stupid. Nobody on the Democratic side actually cares about pressuring Ukraine except they are pissed he went after Joe. Nobody on the Republican side actually cares about failsons grifting they just want something to pin on Joe. This whole idiot thing is about Joe Biden and his idiot son. Bonus points that they got to lock Bernie up in Washington in the lead-up to tonight's caucuses.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
It's a shame none of the presidents after clinton used his precedent to get secret BJs in the WH.....or did they???:tinfoil:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shaocaholica posted:

It's a shame none of the presidents after clinton used his precedent to get secret BJs in the WH.....or did they???:tinfoil:

Hard to know. I think both Bush and Obama were generally well liked enough by their staff to get away with it. But who the gently caress knows. Also Lewinski's whole experience would have probably stressed to most interns the value of keeping that kind of knowledge close and not trusting anyone. Lewinski got trashed really bad. But also it's entirely possible Bush and Obama as individuals weren't horny. Some guys aren't as horny as other guys. Who knows.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

when you’re politically powerful you can just get your jollies by ordering the deaths of foreign civilians

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maybe Michelle is a better lay than Hillary.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

is pepsi ok posted:

The lionizing of Mueller really made me realize how little liberals actually give a poo poo about the Iraq war beyond being able to use it as a cudgel against Republicans.

You mean it wasn't the fact that every protest movement instantly evaporated the instant Obama was elected and we were still there 8 years later?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

a lot of liberals are lionizing these bush administration cronies because the entire liberal media and a bunch of democratic politicians have been telling them to lionize these figures for years now
https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/status/1124515176194150401

They're not liberals, they're neoliberals. Neoliberals and neoconservatives have the same hyper-interventionist and war mongering ideology. They just pretend to disagree because politics has become more of a competitive sport than an actual ideological battle of ideas. Classical liberals have been leaving the Democratic Party in droves since the days of Wilson and FDR. Most of them are Libertarians or Republicans now.

Gianthogweed has issued a correction as of 17:22 on Feb 4, 2020