Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

michael bay top 5

1) the rock
2) bad boys
3) pain and gain
4) bad boys 2
5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
13 Hours was pretty good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

luchajones posted:

The trolling is getting to be a bit much.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

luchajones posted:

An SA mod was literally a character in that movie

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Don't forget that Michael Bay also did that movie 13 hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. Dunno if it's any good. I just know my parents liked it but they literally went to see it because they hate Hillary Clinton :shrug:

rip vile rat

e:fb

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stink Billyums posted:

An SA mod was literally a character in that movie

Is the movie about nonces

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

lol

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
It just occurred to me that Mulan comes out in 7 weeks and there's a good chance China's theaters will still be shut down.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
god imagine the horrors of gently caress you january we could be spared if the US quarantined major cities during flu season

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Why would China even care about an American movie set in China? They have have their own!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stink Billyums posted:

It just occurred to me that Mulan comes out in 7 weeks and there's a good chance China's theaters will still be shut down.

Good

E: good that Disney won't make money, not Chinese people dying

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

The Island is the best Michael Bay movie.

A lot of that is because he completely ripped it off from a 1970s B movie. Dreamworks had to pay "an undisclosed seven-figure sum" to the creators of "Parts: The Clonus Horror"

It had the extraordinary hack frauds dynamic duo Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci as writers. Of course it is plagiarised.

The Island was boring which is surprising for a Bay film. Normally you will be pissed off with his assault. Here it was just nothing. Fun fact he recycled a special effects shot from Transformers.

One thing is for sure is that to his credit Bay doesn't pretend he is an artist of any pedigree and gives no fucks. If you hire Bay, you are getting Michael loving Bay and if you don't like it you shouldn't have hired him like an idiot. Transformers is a natural consequence of that. It's like when John Woo did Mission Impossible 2, you got John loving Woo. neither is going to listen to the studio.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

mi2 was fun action pop corn imho and i got the woo i came for, but man, i would never have guessed that's the kind of film that would follow up mission impossible 1996

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Cutedge posted:

What do you want to talk about Star War? Because George Lucas apparently wants back in to oversee Star War and his stipulation is "full creative control" and apparently Disney is thinking about it?

The star war is so bad that George Lucas has to save it

lol

At least I know what people are talking about with Star Wars.

All I remember form Star Trek was one of the movies where they were in a prison camp and an alien started a fight with someone, and so they kicked his knees, but then the knees were his genitals and I was just a kid and was like, "how the gently caress would THAT work?!"

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

mi2 is my favorite mission impossible movie because i am not a very big fan of those movies. but i love woo's (kind of dumb guy) over the top style.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

All I remember form Star Trek was one of the movies where they were in a prison camp and an alien started a fight with someone, and so they kicked his knees, but then the knees were his genitals and I was just a kid and was like, "how the gently caress would THAT work?!"

I shoot cum out of my knee and you rub it on your knee, job done

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hey sailor, kneed some company?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Stink Billyums posted:

FYI all of the Chinese domestic Chinese New Year movies were postponed due to the virus.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hackers film 1995 posted:

mi2 is my favorite mission impossible movie because i am not a very big fan of those movies. but i love woo's (kind of dumb guy) over the top style.

It’s interesting seeing Zoomers just discovering movies like Face/Off (and other pre-Matrix attempts to bring Hong Kong-style action to the US) and thinking that we all just went collectively insane in the mid-90s.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Recently at some convention some guy brought in a gun to try to kill him and some people figured it out from talking to him and security started him long before he was anywhere near JDF. But then JDF did a short press briefing thanking security for their work and ensuring everyone the con is a safe place for everyone to have fun, he was wearing a full the piece suit and looked drat good. And had as grown up haircut. It's been his aesthetic since then.

Also he has some beef with Jean Claude Van Damme where JCVD tried to bait him into attacking him, and he obliged

hm he's still a big doofy chode but that first part is cool I guess

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
𝙸 𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNkTeHpHj_I

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LabyaMynora posted:

At least I know what people are talking about with Star Wars.

I used to he a hot alien sex doer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

This thread needs more love for 13 Hours

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

michael bay top 5

1) the rock
2) bad boys
3) pain and gain
4) bad boys 2
5)

Bad boys 2 was bad

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I'm torn on Pain and Gain because on one hand it is mildly entertaining

On the other it's Bay looking at details of the real life kidnapping, extortion, torture, murder and butchering of several victims and going "haha, lets make a funny movie about these goofs"

I mean doesn't this sound hilarious?

"On the 25th of May 1995, after several meetings, Doorbal killed Griga during a fight at his apartment.The gang planned to bring Griga back to a warehouse where they could begin to extort him as they had Schiller; however, they were frustrated in their plan when they accidentally killed the victim early. Krisztina Furton, Griga's girlfriend, was also at the apartment talking to Lugo in a separate room to Doorbal and Griga. After witnessing her partner murdered, she was injected with Rompun - a horse tranquilliser - by Lugo. The gang began to attempt to extract information from Furton regarding the codes which would grant entry into Griga's home, whilst continuing to inject her with Rompun. After this, Furton stopped supplying them with information. A third dose of tranquilliser was administered, resulting in her death.

The next day – May 26, 1995 – Griga's body was concealed in Marc Schiller's stolen couch and Furton's body into a U-Haul clothing box. Both were placed into the back of a van and Delgado, Lugo and Doorbal drove to Lugo's Hialeah warehouse. It was here that the gang dismembered and disposed of the bodies of Griga and Furton, with Doorbal doing most of the work."

Fartbox fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 3, 2020

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Was Con Air's whole pun about conair hair dryers? Like, at least face-off is a term that is used in more than just hockey.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Con Air was a good schlock action movie

Incidentally not directed by Mr.Bay

coincidence???????????????????????

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Fartbox posted:

no

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

People kept talking about how great ConAir was for so long that I eventually checked it out a few years ago.

Nope! It sucks!

gently caress all ya'll.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

LabyaMynora posted:

People kept talking about how great ConAir was for so long that I eventually checked it out a few years ago.

Nope! It sucks!

gently caress all ya'll.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Put down the bunny!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Fartbox posted:

Bad boys 2 was bad

agreed. i havent seen 3 yet but im guessing its somehow better than 2 because bay did not direct it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eh, I liked Bad Boys 2 well enough.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

agreed. i havent seen 3 yet but im guessing its somehow better than 2 because bay did not direct it.

I did enjoy 3 more than 2

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

super sweet best pal posted:

Eh, I liked Bad Boys 2 well enough.

i mean yeah i like watching it but it is a bad film.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
drat I hope they review Parasite

love it

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Fartbox posted:

Con Air was a good schlock action movie

I think everyone confuses ConAir for a Michael Bay film because Jerry Bruckheimer produced it, and there was an almost gradient-like transition over three decades from Bruckheimer being the biggest name in blockbuster schlock action to Michael Bay taking that title. ConAir is basically in the dead-center of that transition.

Edit:

Monkey Fracas posted:

drat I hope they review Parasite

love it

Has a foreign film ever played in a Milwaukee theater? They probably have to wait for streaming.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

bad boys 2 also had henry rollins who i just find fascinating for some reason. i think ive seen he never died like 5 times and it feels like a tv pilot more than a film.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/1224377343126462466

At least they know better than to make the mistakes that Cats made.

Yeah, just film the loving play. Probably make tens of millions of dollars. Print some free money from your weak rapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that's a good move, keep the realistic animal CG version in their back pocket for the reboot a year from now