Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
People called this poo poo hours ago lmao

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1224748565785907207?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Releasing a big chunk of partial data at this point is incredibly stupid and I have no idea how they thought this wouldn't make people more mad. Either release the data as you verify it or hold onto it until you can declare a clear winner. why would you do this

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Releasing a big chunk of partial data at this point is incredibly stupid and I have no idea how they thought this wouldn't make people more mad. Either release the data as you verify it or hold onto it until you can declare a clear winner. why would you do this

To give someone that isn't Sanders something to talk about. They'll quietly release the rest of the data that will probably put Sanders ahead at some later point when no one is paying attention. No matter what the results end up being, this is completely loving insane and should shake everyone's faith in our election systems if you somehow had any left.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So you could get Bernie "Yes" shares on predictit for $0.25?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Because they’ve already shown themselves to be incompetent and bad decision-makers under pressure?

Or alternately deep-Iowa-state Buttigieg conspiracy theories, if you’re into that flavor of theyrocrafting.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Biden lost, so we all won

also Iowa is meaningless

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

Because they’ve already shown themselves to be incompetent and bad decision-makers under pressure?

Or alternately deep-Iowa-state Buttigieg conspiracy theories, if you’re into that flavor of theyrocrafting.

I don't generally fall into the conspiracy theory poo poo, but I can 100% see them trying to ratfuck Bernie here. I don't think this is only massive incompetence.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
A caucus probably doesn't favor Sanders anyway–especially if he draws support from shift workers, nurses, janitors, etc. Who has the time to attend?
It's quaint and cute but the kind of cute you should squeeze to death

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

Biden lost, so we all won

also Iowa is meaningless

Even if Sanders won, Buttgieg is a very strong 2nd which is very hosed up.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Butt is starwars. Differentish but really just the same

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

hobbesmaster posted:

Even if Sanders won, Buttgieg is a very strong 2nd which is very hosed up.

not really. Iowa, NH and to an extent Nevada are basically as good as it gets for him demographics wise. you couldn't fill a kiddie pool with his minority supporters.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

mlmp08 posted:

They don't necessarily have to be mutually exclusive. I could definitely believe that the overall incompetence and chaos would allow a savvy Buttigieg booster in the right place to inject some choices that make good spin for him while the moment is hot. I don't think they can change the ultimate results but taking advantage of the confusion for a fleeting blip of publicity is totally plausible.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Pete has absolutely horrific numbers with anybody that isn't mega white. He would need an extremely solid lead for all four starter states going into Super Tuesday to make up for it.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Vasudus posted:

Pete has absolutely horrific numbers with anybody that isn't mega white. He would need an extremely solid lead for all four starter states going into Super Tuesday to make up for it.

He also experienced huge gains from the ranked choice nature of caucusing. I expect NH to be strong for Warren though

e:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So apparently instead of a final DNC delegate breakdown by popular vote, a caucus does a final DNC delegate breakdown by county delegate count? That's like rounding 1.45 to 1.5 to 2. If that's the case, this joke needs to end. Also with those coin tosses to determine split delegates, no wonder Pete's come out so strongly.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 5, 2020

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1224829617002905602

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Makes sense, most of the larger dots are focused around the cities, which will have more votes that take longer to verify as a result. Meanwhile Pete won in the rural counties that have already reported in, hence his lead in the early data.

Looks like the Sanders campaign is happy about the release of any data (likely because it does indicate they'll have a pretty good win at the end of it imo), as opposed to Biden's campaign which is throwing up a kerfluffle about trying to block the results.

https://twitter.com/NColtrain/status/1224832702664314880?s=20

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1224600510616895488

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

fknlo posted:

I'm gonna laugh when it becomes clear they cherry picked the results they're releasing to put mayo Pete in the lead

That became clear around 12:30 when they announced they would only have partial results today

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

So you could get Bernie "Yes" shares on predictit for $0.25?

I just got in at $0.30 c'mon big spenders

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
gently caress yeah, let's make fetch happen* motherfuckers!

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1224833959584043009?s=19

* possibly aided by the CIA

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1208129771680550912

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hahahaha

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Replicants? In my election?

It's more common than you might think.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

"Subject was retired after asking why he'd flip Mitch McConnell on his back."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

McNally posted:

:laffo:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Public awareness of the true depths of elite depravity has moved so much since 2014 that the final episodes of Bojack Horseman had to do a retcon because his irredeemable sins from the first seasons don't seem so bad in comparison to real life

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

gently caress yeah, let's make fetch happen* motherfuckers!

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1224833959584043009?s=19

* possibly aided by the CIA

Maduro is legitimately a Trump-tier Bad President but this other dude is completely incompetent at everything. He's a Venezuelan Hillary.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
https://mobile.twitter.com/TylerDinucci/status/1224793942190780416

Ideal candidate would also have experience in the subprime crisis, Madoff scandal, WMDs, but otherwise quite promising.

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 5, 2020

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:discourse:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McNally posted:

:drat:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://twitter.com/homo_demon/status/1224680605750710272

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I cannot believe you guys are so quick to drink the Kool-Aid. None of the campaigns are challenging any of this stuff, it's all Twitter screeching. Come on. Most of you were dumb enough to enlist once and figure it out.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
None of the campaigns are challenging it, except for the campaign that released its own figures, the campaign that declared victory and hours later released some figures of their own, and the campaign that says the IDC shouldn’t announce the votes at all.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Platystemon posted:

None of the campaigns are challenging it, except for the campaign that released its own figures, the campaign that declared victory and hours later released some figures of their own, and the campaign that says the IDC shouldn’t announce the votes at all.

That's just noise and you know it. Even the Sanders campaign said that challenging results was inappropriate. Last cycle was just about the same. Iowa is a mess and hopefully after this it gets abandoned.

And other than the aforementioned sanders twitter statement, most of the other stuff is 3rd hand or just made up. Lots of the things (like the sanders having people at all the caucuses and had lawyers meeting with the DNC) that came out today have been shown to have no attribution or were denied by actual members of the campaigns. Other than Pete who probably thought he won or was close and wanted a splash of that spotlight.

Like I said, I hope Iowa is done now. It's always been stupid.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 5, 2020

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't know how any of this bullshit works and after seeing some snippets I couldn't be bothered to remember this garbage poo poo but the thing I have learnt is that you can't trust people in iowa

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

McNally posted:

loving beautiful.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bird cooch posted:

That's just noise and you know it.

A person cannot express doubts about the integrity of the election on a comedy forum.

Is it any surprise that candidates restrain their public statements?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1224575334248566784
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1224578937642156032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
imagine having any confidence in the electoral processes of this country in the 21st century