Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I sour more and more on Ishida every day and I thought my loathing for him had hit its apex months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Feinne posted:

He also muddles it around because that is also part of how he depicts trans women, which he of course draws as explicitly masculine because he is a huge poo poo. And as with most transphobes trans men simply don't exist in his world.

Note that Ishida has only one acceptable expression of femininity in his comic, and that is "tomboy"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

SimonChris posted:

The saga continues.

Let me try: The White House is a brick construction. The Kremlin is a brick construction. Therefore, the White House is the Kremlin.

Or: Gender is a social construction. Money is a social construction. Therefore I have a billion golden manbabies to spend.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somfin posted:

Note that Ishida has only one acceptable expression of femininity in his comic, and that is "tomboy"

Cute tomboy. Can't have females be too butch, then you can't wank off to them.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

there wolf posted:

Cute tomboy. Can't have females be too butch, then you can't wank off to them.

If Ishida has ever drawn an unattractive cis woman (or in fact a cis woman without the exact same face as every other cis woman he draws), I am unaware of it

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Somfin posted:

If Ishida has ever drawn an unattractive cis woman (or in fact a cis woman without the exact same face as every other cis woman he draws), I am unaware of it

Yeah he's got no middle ground, the only time he'll draw an unattractive character is if they're explicitly coded to be male.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm still just laughing that this dumb motherfucker is seriously arguing hotdog essentialism. Like there's some sort of rigid, universal, 100% objective "hotdogness" that literally everyone agrees upon.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson and the apocalypse – The prime minister has ramped up threats to walk away from the EU effectively without a deal"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Boris Johnson to speed up ban on petrol and diesel cars

Independent:

Trump impeachment: senators deliver speeches ahead of final vote

Times:

'Priti VACANT!': Home Secretary is ruthlessly mocked for repeatedly promising to tackle 'counter-terrorist offenders' in car-crash interview likened to The Thick of It

Evening Standard:

Democratic race starts disastrously as 'inconsistencies' delay Iowa results

Mail:
Paul Thomas on… diversity in the royal family

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Lol sure yeah the almighty power of Grate Britane will just compel people to offer you favorable trade deals, hold on my dog's meowing too loud at the green sky gotta cut this post short.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SimonChris posted:

The saga continues.

I know this is just a nonsensical and demonizing argument made by a transphobe and I shouldn't put any thought into it, but hot dogs and tacos really aren't that much different from each other. They're both meat and other stuff inside an edible container. Why not use to foods that really are way different from each other? Like, I dunno, Ice cream and pasta? Or curry and soda?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Because a hot dog is dong shaped and taco is sometimes used as a slang term for vagina.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

...but when people use that food metaphor, the hot dog doesn’t have a bun. Like he can’t even get basic poo poo right

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Barnaby Joyce narrowly defeated in spill attempt to gain National party leadership and be Deputy PM.

Leak, Son of Leak:

There are reasons why Michael McWhatzit almost lost the leadership to Barnaby.

Rowe:

Scott Morrison uses the term "Black Summer" on a day that was supposed to be all about the bushfires but instead was about his coalition partners in the Nats.

Zanetti:

The Greens also have a new leader (new leader not pictured).

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

SimonChris posted:

The saga continues.

Terrible opinions aside, is there some expanation for why the animal person is sitting in an armchair outside the hotdog/taco drive-thru?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Wait, do the Tories actually acknowledge climate change, or is there something more cynical here?

Amoxicilina
Oct 21, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

Terrible opinions aside, is there some expanation for why the animal person is sitting in an armchair outside the hotdog/taco drive-thru?
I'd love an explanation as to why ~99.9% this artists work over the past years have been such a hyper-focused specialty on an incredibly specific particular issue.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Qwertycoatl posted:

I believe that the pig-dude likes to get high and go on (possibly imaginary) adventures from the comfort of his armchair.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

They're pirates. Hooks and eyepatches and all. They're gonna (attempt to) plunder distant shores, unaware that time marched on and the age of sail is over. Part nostalgia for the empire, part inclination to lawlessness (kind of the same thing, really), all cluelessness about the world. AGC.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Just one of his running... can't call 'em gags, so running tropes I suppose, is that pig-boy flying his couch around when he's high. It started as a metaphorical thing where he didn't "really" move but then it became an actual thing he does.

As for why he's a pig, well, he just is.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Qwertycoatl posted:

I hate that I know this: it's a running "joke" from early in the comic. The pig gets so high on marijuana that he thinks that whooooa, man, his chair is totally flying around! Only it turns out his chair actually is flying around when he's high.

Ishida has never been a very subtle man.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, Don Jr. really did say that.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Gonna nominate this for best edit in the gaybies, just so I can call everyone else philistines when it comes last :v:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

What a muppet.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

The Super Bowl had millions of witnesses.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Pants in the air, pants in the air

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

This is true though?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Gaybies nomination: Worst caricature.

Those Generic Angry Football Players are bad enough, but Jesus Christ, I think Ramirez had a stroke while he was drawing Schumer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Political Cartoons 2020: hotdog essentialism

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Before Ramirez/after Ramirez

Really sad to hear about Frank Clark having that stroke mid-Super Bowl and I hope he has speedy recovery.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Yeah, the super bowl would be the exact same without fans watching or keeping track of the score.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
How do you gently caress up and make something upside-down instead of backwards?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

"Apple Pie Hubbub" posted:

Love that expression. I predict this to be the finest cartoon to come out of the corrupt clownshow of the Iowa caucuses.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

One of Sinfest's defining characteristics is how it manages to have so much continuity without actually having a narrative.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wasn't the pig made a literal pig because he's supposed to be a metaphorical pig? Like he's slovenly, horny, sexist, crass, etc.? And now he's "on the right side of history" against the trans zombies.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1224556295560343552

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Can someone link the series?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Winslow is completely right that the GOP is Trump and nothing larger (on so many levels) and she's got no response, but "ah, it only seems that way for the duration of this entire presidency in which we control all three branches of the government"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

"People like you" says the coyote to the black/latina woman, meaning it in the sense of her politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

gently caress off Stantis