Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It’s not my favorite bet on this site but it is sexy. I had Bernie at an average of 10c but I sold them all to pick up Bloomberg running shares and had to buy them back afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The debate mention and speaking time markets just came out:

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6298/How-many-debaters-will-say-Soleimani

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6297/How-many-debaters-will-say-impeachment

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6296/How-many-debaters-will-say-millionaire-or-billionaire

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6295/Who-will-speak-the-most-at-the-January-Democratic-debate

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got absolutely wrecked on Bernie speaking time, argh.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
did a 2-3-4 spread on "millionaires/billionaires" and made 12 cents

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Still free money to be had here. Yang's real odds of winning a primary contest at this point are under 1%.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6112/Will-Andrew-Yang-win-at-least-one-primary

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i hate this site so much

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

i say swears online posted:

i hate this site so much

lol sorry about the alphabet

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

i say swears online posted:

i hate this site so much

Yeah I ate a mild amount of poo poo on the NYT market as well but the entertainment has been almost worth it.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

nyt’s decision is only outdumbed by pi’s. incredible. just horrid all around.

hilarious, though.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bernie is blowing up in Iowa. 60c+. Probably not justifiable from an analytical perspective, but on the other hand, Bernie Will Win.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Vox Nihili posted:

Bernie is blowing up in Iowa. 60c+. Probably not justifiable from an analytical perspective, but on the other hand, Bernie Will Win.
I'm debating whether I should cash out after he wins NH or not. Only thing I'm worried about for holding long-term is some freak accident since we live in hellworld:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I’m in line for big gains from the Bern man but my numbers are puny because I got my clock cleaned by hubris in 2016 and vowed never to throw additional funds into this degenerate website. My big mistake was last minute moving my hedge (no on Trump >370 EVs) to Trump.NO. Would have preserved about half my bankroll if I’d left that alone, instead I was left with like 15% of it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Joe Man posted:

I'm debating whether I should cash out after he wins NH or not. Only thing I'm worried about for holding long-term is some freak accident since we live in hellworld:

I would probably sell part of it, then sell another part after the spike when Bernie wins NH. There's no accounting for DNC fuckery and 27c is a very good price.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

I’ve definitely been way more cautious after getting burned during 2016 as well. I had 1000 shares of Bernie for the primary at 8 cents each and I’ve been selling some here and there as it’s gone up. I’ve already made back my initial investment and I’ll probably cash out most of my shares after NH.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
when you bought a bunch of bernie a year ago and didn't check PI until this morning

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
My big sell order on Bernie in New Hampshire went through yesterday at 80c so I've bought the other side for huge negative risk. Happy primary season everyone.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

REMINDER RE: FREE MONEY:

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6112/Will-Andrew-Yang-win-at-least-one-primary

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think i've maxed like four times on this site and this is one of them

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

hell yeah thanks

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

watch him win hawaii

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
speaking of free money, lmao that SC market

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at today

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

My bets are small change but I still made a pretty penny off of Buttigieg's early declaration of victory, the complete flip the other way after and then the second bounce, that was fun. Also I'd laugh really loving hard of some major news was announced while Predictit maintenance was happening, although I guess that's unlikely.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

biden no in iowa still looking good

lmao @ the rest

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i pulled everything out iowa, theres no way predictit doesn't resolve that into something stupid

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i pulled everything out iowa, theres no way predictit doesn't resolve that into something stupid

Bernie is sitting at $0.69 (nice) and I'm sorely tempted to do the same

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I definitely underestimated the ratfucking.

Still, Bernie is at $0.25 in Iowa so if you believe his campaign that a good buy

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

back up to 40c or so now, poo poo is all over the place

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

gently caress it, hodling for Bernie. I have to actually do work and stop following this poo poo for a bit.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

someone said in one of the other threads they sold Bernie at 70c and bought back in at 25c.

i have a long way to go to learn to predictit right

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
HOLD ON BERNO!!!!

I had the site open when the “results” first came out on live tv and I just stared at it instead of doing the sell and rebuy lower pro move. I was also double my money last night but held out for more. I always need to leave myself the option for catastrophic failure!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I think Bernie will close the gap a bit but it's going to be insanely close. Those 100% Berno satellite results would have to be the key.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

a compounding factor is the Predictit market is based on delegates, not votes, and a tie goes to ratface because of alphabet

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

bawfuls posted:

a compounding factor is the Predictit market is based on delegates, not votes, and a tie goes to ratface because of alphabet

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

caught a bit of the pete swing, now all i need is this market to close so my bidens will cash out too

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
all my bernie gains are gone, guess i'll just hold out and see if it resolves that the guy with the most votes won

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ScrubLeague posted:

all my bernie gains are gone, guess i'll just hold out and see if it resolves that the guy with the most votes won

you know vote total was never the parameter for this market right

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
yeah of course

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

bawfuls posted:

The predictit rules say It is based on state delegate equivalent count which goes down to the tenths or hundredths decimal. The market will not be determined by alphabetical order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I still believe Bernie will win the SDEs