Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sjs00 posted:

Is that the lore or are you just making poo poo up

It's the lore. I've got an issue of Doctor Strange where he goes on vacation in the period blood dimension, or the Menstrualverse as it's called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Rent-A-Cop posted:

This poor idiot is so immensely hosed.

“Poor idiot”? Only one of those words is accurate. No sympathy for douchebags who want to “pass on their genes” while avoiding all responsibility for the children who carry them.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Has my friend been hacked illegally?

quote:

My friend is getting married to their partner. It has been super fast and they only met in October 2019. He recently told her that his work (hedge fund company) had to do a background check on her to see for any red flags. He produced a report that had her previous text messages and photos on it. They were of a private nature and were not shared on social media. He also had access to messages and photos from her ex's, all of which were personal.

A few questions:

Can a company legally do that? I have only heard of checks like that for government or intelligence roles.

Is he lying and has he actually hacked or had someone hack her phone?

Thanks for any help

This is normal don't worry about it. Hedge funds always do deep background checks of their employees partners involving the retrieval of years worth of private messages.

Q. I don’t want my stepmom at my wedding—how do I tell her?

quote:

I don’t like my dad’s wife; we’ll call her “Terry.” She was our neighbor when I was young, and she and my dad had an affair and left their respective families for each other—it was very messy. It took a long time for my dad and I to rebuild our relationship, and then eventually Terry was reintroduced to me as his girlfriend (even though they were already married—which I discovered later on my own and which was also a mess). My dad passed away about six years ago and I have stayed in touch with his wife but only as much as I feel I have to. I keep her at arm’s length because she says hurtful, thoughtless things to me, but I also don’t want to cut her out of my life completely. I try to make time to see her around the holidays; I reach out on her birthday, on my dad’s birthday, on the anniversary of his passing, etc. My mom hasn’t seen this woman since they were neighbors—without going too far into it, my mom has really not let go of her deep hatred for this woman 25-plus years later (which is a whole separate issue for another time). Here’s the thing: I recently got engaged and we told Terry (mostly so that she wouldn’t find out via social media), but I can’t invite her to our wedding. Her presence would ruin my mom’s day and mine because she makes me so uncomfortable, and knowing how my mom’s family feels about her would make that anxiety even worse. I feel like I need to tell her that she won’t be invited but I don’t know how to do that nicely … is there such a way? Also she lives 800 miles away and I don’t have plans to go back there for a while, so this conversation will almost definitely be happening over the phone. Any advice you could provide would be appreciated.

A: I think not inviting Terry is well within your rights, but I also think you’ll need to accept that if you don’t, she may very well decide you have cut her out of your life, or at least that the terms upon which you’d like her to stay in it are unacceptable. So it will help to be realistic on that front. Do you think Terry is likely to assume she’s invited? Or does she seem to have a similar view of your relationship, namely that it’s a fairly perfunctory one? If it’s the latter, you may not need to say anything.

But if it’s the former, or if you worry she might start making travel plans otherwise, you have options. You can either offer her something plausibly deniable about how you’re keeping the wedding small (which, given her history of saying hurtful, thoughtless things, she may decide to challenge), or you can simply come out and say that you’ve decided not to invite her given her history with your mother and let the chips fall where they may. What you want to say to Terry isn’t nice; you can (and should!) say it politely, but there’s no gloss you can put over it that makes it anything other than what it is.

I find this one baffling. Not inviting this person to her wedding is obviously the right move. The question is why the gently caress are you still in contact with them at all?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

OhAreThey posted:

Also, most school nurses have pads available (and heating pads for cramps)--is the girl embarrassed to just tell the nurse she needs a pad? Seems like that embarrassment is worth getting over in order not to call her parents once a month.

Why does it matter? If she's doing well and it has no effect on her life outside of it bothering the nurse bc 'omg attendance record!!', gently caress it. It's super common for girls to have periods where their bodies feel bad enough they need to go home once a month. life isn't about trying to be cal ripkin.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

There are plenty of schools that regulate how frequently children can go to use the bathroom so it’s no surprise a girl is finding difficulties navigating her periods with any sort of privacy short of going home.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Space Gopher posted:

It sucks that we live in a society where women are shamed for menstruation, and that adolescent girls have to deal with all kinds of horrifying social mind games that are connected to body-shame issues - but "she won't carry pads" still doesn't feel like a good reason to pull her out of school for half a day. This isn't some unique chronic illness; it's something that probably a quarter of the students in her grade have to deal with.

The dads here aren't assholes but they should probably buy her an opaque pencil pouch or makeup bag or something. Turning it into "you got your period at school, and of course you couldn't just carry pads, oh, the shame!" is not doing her any favors for the next few decades of her life.

God forbid a girl misses a half-day of kid prison because she's uncomfortable.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Beachcomber posted:

It's not her blood. Her vagina is a portal to the period blood dimension.

An infinite dimension containing an infinite amount of period blood? :psyboom:
It's awful it's awful no no no :barf:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Dazerbeams posted:

There are plenty of schools that regulate how frequently children can go to use the bathroom so it’s no surprise a girl is finding difficulties navigating her periods with any sort of privacy short of going home.

oh yeah that i do know, schools are nuts and its no wonder a lot of kids come out with no idea how to handle themselves.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Sjs00 posted:

Is that the lore or are you just making poo poo up

The X-Mens Cyclops' percussive force beams come from an alternate universe of pure concentrated ruby-coloured force, lovingly called by fans and detractors "the punch dimension".

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Beachcomber posted:

The X-Mens Cyclops' percussive force beams come from an alternate universe of pure concentrated ruby-coloured force, lovingly called by fans and detractors "the punch dimension".

I knew someone was gonna make this parallel I mean it's right there in the same shade of color and everything

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Play posted:

and if it doesn't require special ingredients that the delis don't already have, why would they think they're the first person to invent this sandwich?

and even if the delis do like his sandwich, what exactly is preventing them from simply making it themselves and not paying this idiot?

so many problems

Definitely a guy who's watched too much shark tank

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

quote:

AITA For kicking my daughters BF because he disrespected me, my wife and our religion?

Now while I am not super religious, I still believe what I believe and it’s not something I blow off
This is a throwaway because I don’t need the drama with my wife potentially.
Now I am 40 and have a 18 year old daughter. She has a boyfriend who I think is a pretty ok guy. He’s made a few jokes sometimes but that was because he was genuinely trying to lighten up the mood.
So then my daughter thought it would be cool if he stays a few days so we all can bond a bit more. Which I thought was a wonderful idea because they have been dating for 6 months and while I knew him I didn’t really know him.
So when he gets There I smile and welcome him and we all take a sit in the living room. I give him a few requests that he doesn’t have s*x, that he try’s not to cuss and that he respects and try’s to participate with our religion ( we have family worship in the morning and I just want him to be there and just listen or pray at dinner to bless the food)
However he said “I ain’t got no f**king problem with that!” He instantly covers his mouth says sorry and that he’ll grab the soap. I laugh it off and ask him to try not to do it again.
That must have gone in one ear and out the other. Because he would cuss all the time, he was trying to bang my daughter but i interrupted as I knocked on the door asking if they were hungry. I repeatedly asked him to remember my requests to which he would apologise and say sorry it won’t happen again
But the straw that broke the camels back was when my wife asked to him to bless the food to which he said “F**k NO!” I was kinda baffled but I realised he might not be comfortable so I said “ok that’s fine I’ll say it” he told me “wait I’ll say it”
This is what he said
“Dear MR bh in the sky! Thank you for ping the rain and sting the dirt so we can fing eat! God bless my rear end. Amen”
I stood up and asked him to get in the car I’m taking him home. My daughter went from laughing to saying “WTF DAD?!”
After some father to boyfriend talk I dropped him home and came back pissed. I told her that if he wants to see you in my house or if you want money to see him again. I want a sincere apology face to face. He wrote one to my face book and I told him. Not good enough you have to say it to me and my wife in person
Daughter says I’m over reacting and that I’m an A-Hole for my over protective behaviour.
Reddit help me out here. Am I the antagonist?
I would like to make an edit. People have been saying that I shouldn’t force it and I understand that. However I should mention that he blessed the food once before (while not at the present stay) he has done it before so that’s why we asked.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The above layer is coated with cheddar.

Most offensive lasagna post yet.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tesseraction posted:

A while back I remember seeing a "would you rather have your period or be in heat instead" discussion and when I posted it in goon discord they were all trying to decode what it meant and assumed that women get really cold during periods.
Of course women would get cold during their period. Their body temperature life force is draining out of their hoohah taking that heat from inside to outside. This lowers the internal temperature of the woman. It's basic science.

I feel like I made myself dumber writing that.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Your religion is dumb. Go apologise to the boyfriend.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I have a sinking suspicion that this wasn't about women's body temperature in the first place...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CannonFodder posted:

Of course women would get cold during their period. Their body temperature life force is draining out of their hoohah taking that heat from inside to outside. This lowers the internal temperature of the woman. It's basic science.

Is this a serious post.

It's hard to tell sometimes.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

AITA for insisting my fiance contest the will after his ex girlfriend got part of the inheritance specially now that our wedding is comming up?

quote:

OK so will try to keep this short.

I have been dating my fiance for arround 2 years. Engaged for 1. Before me he was with his ex for nearly 10 years ( they were high-school sweat hearts and dated till their 20is).

It's no secret that his family likes her more then they do me. Whatever. But recently something happened that has me livid. His grandma died and ofcourse she left inheritance behind. When we arrived to the will reading she was there. OK no biggie. She got a chunk of her money which rubbed me the wrong way but what took the cake is her getting his grandma's former engagement ring. I felt so disrespected. Specially because he seemed unfaced. He didn't even blink. I was floored. She also didn't have the decency to decline the item out of respect. She just took it. I waited till we where home and asked him why he didn't say anything. He said it was his gramies will and that it didn't matter either ways. The way I see it is that he is still letting his ex run the show and let her trampel all over me. We got in a fight and I said I have to rethink our marriage. Am I really on the wrong here?

OP left out some vital info:

quote:

INFO: Do they have children together?

quote:

1 daughter only

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

this is why when I have a fever I just drool all over the place

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Lasagna is bottom tier trash food so it really doesn't matter if you like it with eggs or cream or whatever, hth.

AITA for telling my step mum that American bacon is shite compared to real English bacon?

quote:

This is not a shitpost I swear.

My dad is English, I’m English, but he fell in love with an American lady and he moved to the states a few years ago.

I have no relationship with my stepmother but I absolutely love my stepsiblings and we have a loving riot everytime we meet up. So I usually go over to see them and my dad. We are all adults in our early 30’s.

My stepmum is one of those people who is almost stereotypically American- she bleeds red white and blue. Everything the English have the Americans can do better. They are bigger better stronger faster etc. That’s fine, I’m not in a pissing contest, but she will get really angry if I compare stuff. For example I think American chocolate tastes like shite. My step siblings agree with me because they visited me on holiday to the UK and they prefer the taste of UK chocolate.

My dad and I love a fry up and he was making me and my stepsiblings bacon. This was with American bacon because English bacon is non existent in the USA. I have a laugh with my dad and one of the things he misses is real bacon. I said to him ah I can’t believe we’re eating this shite. My stepmum was sat there and snapped that I don’t know what I’m talking about and this is how ‘real Americans’ have their bacon. I laughed and said you’re welcome to it, it’s nothing like English bacon and that’s far superior.

Now my stepsibs were also seated and started laughing (as was I, because up to this point I was being lighthearted) and said ‘yeah mum actually it’s pretty decent omg remember when we went to x and had that bacon butty’- she walked away without a word. It transpired I’d pissed her off, and my dad told me off about it afterwards because apparently I hurt her feelings, and apparently I’m influencing my stepsibs to disrespect her (??)

Think the whole thing is a bit weird tbh.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Very disappointed this guy apparently meant to write "kick out"

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Lasagna is bottom tier trash food so it really doesn't matter if you like it with eggs or cream or whatever, hth.

AITA for telling my step mum that American bacon is shite compared to real English bacon?

This is bait on bait on bait

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chomp8645 posted:

Is this a serious post.

It's hard to tell sometimes.

It is not. I hoped the bit at the end would make it clear it was a joke.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

I give him a few requests that he doesn’t have s*x, that he try’s not to cuss and that he respects and try’s to participate with our religion ( we have family worship in the morning and I just want him to be there and just listen or pray at dinner to bless the food)

lol I just wanna make him sit there and listen to my poo poo

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Total Meatlove posted:

It's really well done lol

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Predictably, the super religious dad thinks sex is something done to his daughter rather than something she participates in.

Took me a moment to parse that what the boyfriend actually said was "pissing the rain and making GBS threads the dirt" - I'm assuming MR bh means "Mr. rear end in a top hat?"

Dienes fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 6, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Dad is a little strict and the prayer time is whatever but that kid wasn't even trying to be respectful. You're 18 and visiting your girlfriend's parents, you gotta at least make an attempt to pretend you aren't a shithead for a single meal so that they trust you and their daughter enough to not cause a problem. "Rub a dub dub thanks for the grub lololol", yeah I probably would've driven him home too.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Dad didn't make any effort to be respectful to the boyfriend's religious beliefs, why should the boyfriend be expected to respect his?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The boyfriend is written like Poochie.

"I ain't got no fuckin' problem with that Mr. S.!"

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Total Meatlove posted:

Having been a British expat in America this is actually legit. And no, don't tell me Canadian bacon is the same thing, it really isn't.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Yeah but Americans and English are both lovely as people and countries, and neither produces good chocolate.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

empty sea posted:

I've never had too much lasagna in my loving life except when I was a kid because my family did the cottage cheese thing and man, did my stepmom load that fucker up with cottage cheese. It was probably half cottage cheese and so loving gross. Just store brand sauce and noodles, cheap ground beef swimming in an ocean of cottage cheese curds. You know drat well she didn't season it, either.

Bringing back LasagnaChat for a second, I can tell you that there is such a thing as too much lasagna: when your mom makes it by the crockpotful and never bothers to brown the cheese, or drain out the extra water, or brown the beef.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I'll share my world-famous lasagna recipe:

Take a fork and punch a few holes in the plastic, then put it in the microwave for 12 minutes or whatever it says on the box

If it's a special occasion, like, you're trying to impress a lady or something, follow the oven directions

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

This is from a page or two back, but most schools around here give no time between classes. I assist with posture and body mechanics education at schools nearby, and most kids age 12 and up are carrying around backpacks of 30+ pounds. For a lot that's like 25% bodyweight in a lovely backpack.

The amount of neck and back issues we see in 13 year olds is getting worse than boomers with desk jobs which is awful.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fenarisk posted:

This is from a page or two back, but most schools around here give no time between classes. I assist with posture and body mechanics education at schools nearby, and most kids age 12 and up are carrying around backpacks of 30+ pounds. For a lot that's like 25% bodyweight in a lovely backpack.

The amount of neck and back issues we see in 13 year olds is getting worse than boomers with desk jobs which is awful.

Get a weightless billion bag or a phat pack or whatever the dang old kids call it these days. :hmmyes:

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 6, 2020

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I live in Irish food regulations, not the US, so our dairy is real and not Velveeta.

happy cows come from CALIFORNIA motherfucker. if there's one thing I know its that. dour Ireland no loving way, miserable cows over there cold and rained on

Platystemon posted:

TIFU by making my wife think I’d killed myselfS (self.tifu)

totally normal to call the cops at any loud noise instead of going into the room where that loud noise happened and seeing... what happened

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for going on the bachelorette without the bride?

Uhhhh yes? It's her party you should've done as she asked. Obviously. Even without the followup from the bride herself you could tell this lady is a domineering pain in the rear end who doesn't listen to anyone

Leon Einstein posted:

“Dear MR bh in the sky! Thank you for ping the rain and sting the dirt so we can fing eat! God bless my rear end. Amen”

lmao, nice job kid

My family used to say the somewhat more lighthearted "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub, YAAAAAYAYYYYY god!"

Hobo Clown posted:

AITA for insisting my fiance contest the will after his ex girlfriend got part of the inheritance specially now that our wedding is comming up?

OP left out some vital info:

Why does this lady feel privileged to her boyfriend's grandma's money and things? They're not hers and she doesn't get to decide where they go, she should just shut her mouth because she's gonna make his family double down on liking the first girl over her

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I like how he thinks that there's "UK Chocolate" and "American Chocolate" rather than "Countless Different Brands from Countless Different Countries Which Are All Part Of The Same International Chocolate Trade".

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neito posted:

Bringing back LasagnaChat for a second, I can tell you that there is such a thing as too much lasagna: when your mom makes it by the crockpotful and never bothers to brown the cheese, or drain out the extra water, or brown the beef.

Wet noodles does not a lasagna make.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Play posted:

I like how he thinks that there's "UK Chocolate" and "American Chocolate" rather than "Countless Different Brands from Countless Different Countries Which Are All Part Of The Same International Chocolate Trade".

I assume by American he meant Hershey's, which is honestly pretty bad.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hobo Clown posted:

Dad is a little strict and the prayer time is whatever but that kid wasn't even trying to be respectful. You're 18 and visiting your girlfriend's parents, you gotta at least make an attempt to pretend you aren't a shithead for a single meal so that they trust you and their daughter enough to not cause a problem. "Rub a dub dub thanks for the grub lololol", yeah I probably would've driven him home too.

Yeah, gently caress that kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Why does it matter? If she's doing well and it has no effect on her life outside of it bothering the nurse bc 'omg attendance record!!', gently caress it. It's super common for girls to have periods where their bodies feel bad enough they need to go home once a month. life isn't about trying to be cal ripkin.

As someone who had wretched period cramps the first couple years I had my period, I get that. But the OP doesn't mention period *pain*, he mentions her not carrying pads and needing to call him to...I guess take her home and get her a pad? It's all about the hygiene products. I think being too embarrassed to tell the nurse "I need a pad" is not a good enough reason to call Dad every month. Pain, yes.