Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

is there functionality that defender atp has that crowdstrike doesnt? only thing i can see would be ecosystem integration and maybe a reduced operations load with the monthly crowdstrike agent release cycles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

The compelling things I see on ATP are that it will leverage the SCCM infrastructure we already have for reporting, updates, and management which means I can offload most of the work to our OPs people no questions asked, and the local client does malware analysis on a restricted context instead of giving the thing system perms and hoping the sandbox holds. I don't think there is any other player in the market that can say the latter and that gives them a considerably larger attack surface from the product itself.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

Just had a conversation about how all av blows

remember, it's not protection, it's for corporate liability insurance

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol updating your tax contact info in Denmark within the last 5 years has apparently generated a url containing your ss# that ended up with both google and adobe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

oh I know

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Krankenstyle posted:

lol updating your tax contact info in Denmark within the last 5 years has apparently generated a url containing your ss# that ended up with both google and adobe

:stare:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Krankenstyle posted:

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Krankenstyle posted:

holy

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Krankenstyle posted:

danish ss# are not the insanely secret PII thing that it is in the US, right? right?!

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Krankenstyle posted:

Lol.

Not defending the secfuc, but if it's only the SSN that was revealed though and they did it in a large enough batch wouldn't this essentially just be like that list of every 9 digit number that someone posted to Twitter and got banned over?

Or in Denmark do they not ask for anything else but ssn for anything?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the local client does malware analysis on a restricted context instead of giving the thing system perms and hoping the sandbox holds. I don't think there is any other player in the market that can say the latter and that gives them a considerably larger attack surface from the product itself.
this is compelling.

it also looks like atp tamper protection is only available if ops is managing via intune and not sccm, which is still 1-2 years out on our side. they also dont have a clear roadmap on linux support without using 3rd party partners. on the plus side it looks like it can incorporate AIP labeling into it's behavioral analysis.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

El Mero Mero posted:

Lol.

Not defending the secfuc, but if it's only the SSN that was revealed though and they did it in a large enough batch wouldn't this essentially just be like that list of every 9 digit number that someone posted to Twitter and got banned over?

Or in Denmark do they not ask for anything else but ssn for anything?

seems they were loaded piecemeal when citizens were on the tax website? also hard to tell what info they got along with it.

CPR-nums are basically ddmmyy-cccc where c is a checksum (and if even = female & odd = male, so we have legal sex change separate from physical), so yeah they arent very useful by themselves. youd need a name and probably current address too if you wanted to do some identity theft

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 7, 2020

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

doesnt matter though, another contracter accidentally dropped off a dvd of CPR-indexed health data for basically all danes at the chinese embassy a couple years ago lol

e: they estimate this url fuckup to have affected 1.2 million

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 7, 2020

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

you want to search through SEP logs? then you're going to have in ingest this loving mess

Each of those is a unique csv log feed with its own schema, zero adherence to anything resembling a common information model, and even basic attributes like the client container aren't consistent across them so you're doing join lookups all over the place to figure out who the gently caress owns the server that just got a doublepulsar IPS hit because the IPS logs will only tell you the hostname and IP address and nothing else

e: oh yeah and they'll screw with it and break your parser with every other update

oh my god i had to deal with SEP being ingested into Arcsight years ago and i almost killed myself. Directional confusion with the logs caused all kinds of goddamn problems. to their credit Arcsight documented it well enough that I could explain the problem, but the security rules kept getting it wrong and gently caress both companies.

I’m so much happier with carbon black and splunk.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

doesnt matter though, another contracter accidentally dropped off a dvd of CPR-indexed health data for basically all danes at the chinese embassy a couple years ago lol

like just for fun?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

graph posted:

Specifically, it's about blame apportioning so that middle-management can pass the buck to some unfortunate schmuck who didn't read their contract well enough.

Krankenstyle posted:

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Penisface posted:

danish ss# are not the insanely secret PII thing that it is in the US, right? right?!
Nah, they're only used used for just about every kind of public and private authorization of anything via phone, up to and including taking out loans from the predatory lending schemes that politicians are finally talking about blocking, only some decade after they started.

Krankenstyle posted:

seems they were loaded piecemeal when citizens were on the tax website? also hard to tell what info they got along with it.

CPR-nums are basically ddmmyy-cccc where c is a checksum (and if even = female & odd = male, so we have legal sex change separate from physical), so yeah they arent very useful by themselves. youd need a name and probably current address too if you wanted to do some identity theft
If you were given a CPR number up until the end of September 2007, the last four digits even act as a Modulo 11 checksum.

Krankenstyle posted:

e: they estimate this url fuckup to have affected 1.2 million
The health data that was being sent to Danish Statistics was basically the health data of every single living Dane, wasn't it?

Shame Boy posted:

like just for fun?
The State Serum Institute were sending medical data to Danish Statistics (which is quite a common thing), exept they forgot to encrypt it and it ended up in the Chinese embassy, where they totally didn't run recoverdisk on the DVDs before reporting that they had received it.
The DVD very likely includes my data, since just a few months prior I'd finished therapy for cancer, which was one of the medical things specifically mentioned as being on the DVDs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yeah ebdrup's got it. such a mess lol

iirc it was some kind of massive longitudinal(?) study so it was literally everyone except maybe idk newborns or recently deceased...? i remember a 5 million figure and we were definitely 6+ million at the time

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The best part, honestly, is the Chinese embassy employee basically just said "no I didn't open it" and that was that, while the person who delivered the package had stopped working at PostDK/PostNord by the time it was discovered, and could apparently not be reached.
Meanwhile, 91 politicians got their CPR numbers leaked a few years before, and iirc two people got prison time for that after an almost two-year intensive search by the police.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 7, 2020

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea, you know its a pretty big deal if you get prison time in denmark.

thats at least, violent crime with physical consequences or something?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

D. Ebdrup posted:

Nah, they're only used used for just about every kind of public and private authorization of anything via phone, up to and including taking out loans from the predatory lending schemes that politicians are finally talking about blocking, only some decade after they started.

lomarf

anyway, come to e-stonia, we will give your folks an e-residency

new life in the off-world colonies

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i should say i dont think you can take a loan out with a CPR & a nice voice/lovely signature anymore unless you also have the personal password and a OTP (physical or phone)

the danish supreme court had a recent ruling that some guys were liable for the money because they "gave" the OTPs to their dealers, but the crux of it was that they didnt report them stolen until a week after. the result would be identical with a credit or debit card.

personally i could see myself reporting my poo poo stolen too late, and there should be protection for that, but its not an inherent property of the system.

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 7, 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://community.freepbx.org/t/advanced-notice-to-the-community-regarding-clearly-ip-modules/64510

sangoma bought digium, and digium won the board room war, kicked out the sangoma coo, who got mad and made his own IP telephony company with blackjack and hookers. And since sangoma runs freepbx, the dude had the freepbx signing key sitting around in his home office

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

D. Ebdrup posted:

The best part, honestly, is the Chinese embassy employee basically just said "no I didn't open it" and that was that

burn after reading

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Anyone using endgame on hosts?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cocoa Crispies posted:

burn after reading

if you "didnt" read it who cares who burns it :cool:

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Methanar posted:

https://community.freepbx.org/t/advanced-notice-to-the-community-regarding-clearly-ip-modules/64510

sangoma bought digium, and digium won the board room war, kicked out the sangoma coo, who got mad and made his own IP telephony company with blackjack and hookers. And since sangoma runs freepbx, the dude had the freepbx signing key sitting around in his home office

Left out the cool part where they posted their notice of scheduling Clearly’s key revocation at 3PM PST on a friday, with the revocation scheduled for monday.

Also both Clearly and Sangoma are exhibiting at IT Expo next week.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/gcluley/status/1225931427151273984

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
so khoros is a thing that lets you do stuff like have customer service reps handling tweets. i would not be surprised in the least if the reps facebook hired to manage their twitter account are outsourced and have poor credential controls.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/02/dangerous-domain-corp-com-goes-up-for-sale/

"Some he sold over the years, but for the past 26 years O’Connor refused to auction perhaps the most sensitive domain in his stable — corp.com. It is sensitive because years of testing shows whoever wields it would have access to an unending stream of passwords, email and other proprietary data belonging to hundreds of thousands of systems at major companies around the globe."

:thunk:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah but it's 2020 what about beyondcorp.com?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
he who controls Corp.com controls the world

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
https://twitter.com/carfucar/status/1226258265014767619?s=19

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hollow Talk posted:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/02/dangerous-domain-corp-com-goes-up-for-sale/

"Some he sold over the years, but for the past 26 years O’Connor refused to auction perhaps the most sensitive domain in his stable — corp.com. It is sensitive because years of testing shows whoever wields it would have access to an unending stream of passwords, email and other proprietary data belonging to hundreds of thousands of systems at major companies around the globe."

:thunk:

quote:

O’Connor said he hopes Microsoft Corp. will buy it, but fears they won’t and instead it will get snatched up by someone working with organized cybercriminals or state-funded hacking groups bent on undermining the interests of Western corporations.

absolutely nothing i can do about this, just gotta sell it to the first person who shoves money in my hands, sure would be a shame if that wound up being a criminal, oh well!!

e:

quote:

That experience, portions of which are still indexed by the indispensable Internet Archive, saw O’Connor briefly redirecting queries for the domain to the Web site of a local adult sex toy shop as a joke. He soon got angry emails from confused people who’d also CC’d Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.

oh man i remember when people thought emailing bill gates did anything :allears:

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 9, 2020

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that poo poo succcccks

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Ladies and gentlemen the lowest bidder

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
the Russians used a key

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/avischarf/status/1226578004052234240