Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

exquisite tea posted:

Granblue looks pretty cool HOWEVER I am annoyed that there's no PC release on the horizon and that playing it would mean paying to use my PS4's lovely wifi to use the internet that I already pay for!!!

Please do not play fighting games on wifi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wait, Street Fighter V isn't bad anymore?

i went back to sfv because the internet told me theres been a renaissance and its changed and good but after a few days trying it again i still hate it. quality of life things that i personally dont care about are undeniably 1000% better but if you hate sfv because of the gameplay like i do (overemphasis on 50/50s, crush fishing, terrible combo options, character personality locked behind v-meter, etc) then its still not for you

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm trying not to but ArcSys or should I say Lazy, Sis is forcing my hand here.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Captain Baal posted:

It is the most playable it has ever been

An astounding endorsement.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
sf5 CE if nothing else fixes all the jank surrounding their poorly realized f2p system (not being able to lab against dozens of characters, most of the roster being dlc) and also addresses the characters looking awful because almost everyone has a really good looking alternate costume in terms of design and/or modeling.
some of the new vskills and other tweaks to the gameplay in the last two patches have been cool too, it seems like they gave up trying to make the game super esports and let people have wacky poo poo like giving bison the kind of teleport move I'd expect to see in a mk game, not sf or giving zeku a literal strider in mvc move (abit a little slower)

rather play this than sf4 because the music is way better while having more than 5 viable characters like 3s but not as good as cvs2/10

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Sarchasm posted:

Fighting games... Are good?

Bold stance to take in this thread, bucko.

i make the tough posts, so that nobody else has to

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
I know it's a conversation that's been had, but what are the odds that we'll ever get CVS3? And it being good? Probably low on both counts, right? SNK is pretty busy with their own stuff, and I can't imagine Capcom being able to put together a team to make a decent version on the budget they'd be willing to give it. I guess if they have a good mechanics designer they could make something fun to play even if it's ugly, but who would that be, and how likely is it that they'd be able to work on it, or even willing?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

HerniaFlange posted:

I know it's a conversation that's been had, but what are the odds that we'll ever get CVS3? And it being good? Probably low on both counts, right? SNK is pretty busy with their own stuff, and I can't imagine Capcom being able to put together a team to make a decent version on the budget they'd be willing to give it. I guess if they have a good mechanics designer they could make something fun to play even if it's ugly, but who would that be, and how likely is it that they'd be able to work on it, or even willing?

I doubt anyone's willing, IIRC part of why SVC Chaos is so bad wasn't just from SNK's financial situation but from Capcom demanding the game must happen on a right deadline like right as they were coming back.

I think the only way it would be good today is if someone just gave SNK a truckfull of money to make it polished and let them do whatever they want with it.

But as someone posted earlier, I feel like a big fighting game VS game like that is probably a thing of the past now (especially with how badly MvC Infinite turned out once it dropped) just because companies now see how much hype they can build up with just a single DLC guest character.

Like extreme hypothetical, instead of making a vs. game Nintendo could put a single Fire Emblem character or Samus in Soul Calibur or Granblue and it would get insano-hype for both company's products.

To that end like someone suggested earlier, I think at this point you'd see a new Capcom game with JUST Marvel characters before you see a new MvC.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Neo Rasa posted:

Nintendo could put a single Fire Emblem character

No, stop this, please.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Nintendo, stop this, please.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Theres so many blue-haired sword boys in smash it's only natural they would start to spill into other games, for they are legion

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
To this day I feel personally insulted that DOA Dimensions had a Metroid stage and no playable Samus

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Whats the story on Leroy please give me context as I don't play Tekken, but my TL of people who do just keep saying 'lol Leroy' 'can't wait for Leroy top 8 at evo' etc

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Whats the story on Leroy please give me context as I don't play Tekken, but my TL of people who do just keep saying 'lol Leroy' 'can't wait for Leroy top 8 at evo' etc

Leroy is very strong and was a dominating force at EVO Japan.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

No, stop this, please.

Dracula Factory posted:

Theres so many blue-haired sword boys in smash it's only natural they would start to spill into other games, for they are legion

The game's has "blue" in the title, it's inevitable.

Gutcruncher posted:

To this day I feel personally insulted that DOA Dimensions had a Metroid stage and no playable Samus

It's crazy, especially when just a few years earlier they put Nicole in DoA4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2sCHm0v6-w

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 7, 2020

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Leroy came out and was immediately obviously busted to everyone who looked at him for more than a minute. EVO Japan top 8 had 6 leroys. He since has been nerfed very slightly with more incoming this month I think but is still very wild.

He simultaneously has insanely good frames and insanely good moves.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Top 24 to Evo Japan had 1.5 leeroys on stream. That means Leeroy vs. X, when X then counter picked with Leeroy or Leeroy mirror matches off the bat.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Girl so thicc she make you wanna smash

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hes not tournamnet viable but word on the street is theyre giving him a plus on block hopkick and a plus on block 11 frame honing magic 4 with safe ch combo starter mid and low extensions to shore up his weaknesses

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He has a STICK and a DOG and a PARRY which is a little much.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My buddy who dropped Tekken around when Leroy was announced said he'd come back to play him because he looked so sick. So now that he's out he's been playing again which is nice but he only plays Leroy so that's been a bit annoying but it's good matchup experience at least.

So far my favorite moment has been final round, both of us in rage. Full screen apart, I bumrushed him as Josie and I knew I was most likely running straight into the cane, but he miss-inputed and dropped down to summon Sugar. So as he's screaming "NO", I D3+4'd him and soccer kicked his dumb rear end off the screen as Sugar came running out like a goddamn idiot. I think I saved the replay, might clip it and send it to him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sheik dat booty.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Lmao that Zelda donk screengrab is so good

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My Solid Snake
don't
want
none
unless you
got
buns
hon

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Lmao that Zelda donk screengrab is so good

So that's why Link got the Skyward Sword.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

finally smash is horny enough to be considered a fighting game

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

finally smash is horny enough to be considered a fighting game

Bayonetta made sure it was a while ago. This however threatens the game's core values. At least we now finally know what the Legend of Zelda actually was.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Tae posted:

Someone shipped Leeroy with a +8 on block cane

Honestly this is the absolute least of his balance problems

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Leroy is a better version of your favourite tekken character, whoever they are.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I was super pumped for Leroy but god characters that everyone plays are boring.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Spuckuk posted:

Leroy is a better version of your favourite tekken character, whoever they are.

As cool as he is/was before he took over the game, Leroy doesn't EXCELLENT~ so that's untrue.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dias posted:

Sheik dat booty.

jesus CHRIST

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1225853244959870979

Yeah... someone...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Thank you, my talent goes unappreciated around these parts.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

My job had a work party at this Dave and Buster's clone. All my coworkers and me got tickets to play the arcade games, but most were trash. In the catering area they keep games that you can play for free since people didn't spend money on them on the floor. One of these games was Virtua Fighter. I got my coworkers to play with me and we played it for a good chunk of the entire night. During this time one of the bartenders spoke with me and said something to the effect of "You are the first person I have seen to actually play this game, and you are pulling everyone to it." The people I played with loved the game and one asked me if they could get it for modern consoles. Well that's my story.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Ed's been banging this drum for a few years now. I feel like almost every time he's been on Giant Bomb's E3 live show he's been asking what happened to Virtua Fighter.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Nrs virtua fighter 6 is the most monkeys paw poo poo ive heard in my life

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Virtua Fighter is in the "nobody wants to gently caress it up so nobody makes a pitch for it and Sega wouldn't accept them even if they did" limbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Nrs virtua fighter 6 is the most monkeys paw poo poo ive heard in my life
Ed didn't seem like he wanted to do it himself, just utterly confused how such a popular, pioneering series just vanished overnight.