Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

OctoberCountry posted:

Dave is completely right about CNN
Trump's broken-rear end clock is right about this one thing. CNN is bullshit.

When one person says the sky is blue and another says it's red, CNN concludes that the sky must be purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yea ok posted:

lol he's not mad because they said he was on steroids, it was a super misleading doctored interview that looked like cena said I Take Steroids.

dave himself has insinuated cena was on steroids. cena had a tricep injury a few years ago and dave was talking about how that usually happens as a result of steroid usage.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Thauros posted:

dave himself has insinuated cena was on steroids. cena had a tricep injury a few years ago and dave was talking about how that usually happens as a result of steroid usage.

And always saying, "Man, that Cena sure recovers fast huh?"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

konnan said cena was not liked in upw because he would tell the boys he wasnt on anything so they went through his bag and found steroids at some point lol

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Thauros posted:

I think you're misunderstanding where yea ok stands on this.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
When Dave says he’s ‘teaching at Stanford’ - he’s a guest speaker for sports business classes, right? He’s not a university employee, is he?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Thauros posted:

yeah, i know. the anger wasn't from any steroid accusations. it was from editing the interview in a scummy way to make it seem like cena hosed up. wwe easily came out looking like the smart good company, so that should tell you something

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Apparently, it went something like

CNN: Do you take steroids?
Cena: No. Absolutely not. You would never be able to prove that I did, because I never did. I have never taken steroids.

Which got on TV as:

CNN: Do you take steroids?
Cena: You would never be able to prove that I did.

Which is hilarious and frankly, slanderous.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
John Cena: you would never be able to prove I murdered Chris Benoit's family.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

algebra testes posted:

John Cena: you would never be able to prove I murdered Chris Benoit's family.

They’ve been spreading lies that he’s on the juice, big time. :tinfoil:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bladeworksmaster posted:

They’ve been spreading lies that he’s on the juice, big time. :tinfoil:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

mkay0 posted:

When Dave says he’s ‘teaching at Stanford’ - he’s a guest speaker for sports business classes, right? He’s not a university employee, is he?

I believe that is correct, yes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

When one person says the sky is blue and another says it's red, CNN concludes that the sky must be purple.
stealing this to use as a burn on bbc news, thanks

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Granny had a health scare, apparently :ohdear:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dsriggs posted:

I just started listening. But I hope it's not serious given Bryan ended the episode description with "plus an update on Granny and her recent health issue. A fun show as always so check it out~!"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

nevermind

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 5, 2020

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

I just started listening. But I hope it's not serious given Bryan ended the episode description with "plus an update on Granny and her recent health issue. A fun show as always so check it out~!"

I’m Facebook friends with Granny and someone in the family posted a picture of her and said she had to stay overnight but is on the mend. She looks pretty good in the picture considering she’s a hospitalized 90 year old woman.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

dsriggs posted:

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1225122141370122240?s=21

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

jesus WEP posted:

stealing this to use as a burn on bbc news, thanks
Sweet! I was pretty proud of that one.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
https://twitter.com/loadingreadyrun/status/1225267587321192448

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WOR is on the B&V feed in case anyone is looking

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Big big fan of Vinnie V unintentionally burying Elon Musk today

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also liked his quiet,"....maybe that shouldn't be legal...." when he found out a flamethrower intended for home sale had a range of 110 feet.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“There’s snow in the drive! Get the flamethrower!”

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Flamethrower chat was a brilliant few minutes of audio.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm really tired of the Rob being bad at his job meme. Bryan should find someone competent to run the show or at least stop talking about it. It was kinda funny at first but it's gone on for so long, it stopped being charming for me.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Bryan Alvarez SHOOTS HARD on the Star Wars Expanded Universe

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I'm really tired of the Rob being bad at his job meme. Bryan should find someone competent to run the show or at least stop talking about it. It was kinda funny at first but it's gone on for so long, it stopped being charming for me.

Agreed. Bryan's just being a dick at this point.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

He’s ripping off old Howard Stern bits at this point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wasn’t the flamethrower thing just a fundraiser operation for privatized city busses? I remember there was an end goal to it other than giving rich idiots flamethrowers.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

coconono posted:

Wasn’t the flamethrower thing just a fundraiser operation for privatized city busses? I remember there was an end goal to it other than giving rich idiots flamethrowers.

Single-car width tunnels with platforms that go very fast, all because Musk is a weirdo who is uncomfortable being on public transportation with the unwashed masses

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Cameo posted:

Single-car width tunnels with platforms that go very fast, all because Musk is a weirdo who is uncomfortable being on public transportation with the unwashed masses
they’ve removed the platforms now it’s just guided rails. so your tyres are rolling the whole time and since they wear much more quickly at high speeds, enjoy changing them every couple months

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

they’ve removed the platforms now it’s just guided rails. so your tyres are rolling the whole time and since they wear much more quickly at high speeds, enjoy changing them every couple months

they're only going 50 mph not the 155 promised because you know physics

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

well if you want to get accurate they won’t go any speed because the whole thing is too stupid to make it to completion

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Musk is going to unearth dragon eggs reign of fire style, and it's going to be loving sick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Basically everything that involves the video side of their service drags down the actual audio experience which is what I'm actually interested in. I guess it's been a success and enough people have subscribed to it that it seems worthwhile to them, but they now make no bones about regularly doing things that an audio listener can't see, go on long tangents about technical issues with the cameras/recordings, they've taken away the songs and audio drops because Vimeo auto-deletes anything with copyrighted content etc. It's quite annoying.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Bryan is completely correct with his take about Dark and Being the Elite. There are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people that just watch Dynamite and don't watch the YouTube stuff, and they shouldn't have to in order to not miss basic storyline elements

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

Bryan is completely correct with his take about Dark and Being the Elite. There are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people that just watch Dynamite and don't watch the YouTube stuff, and they shouldn't have to in order to not miss basic storyline elements

They shouldn't have to and they don't. Unless you're thinking that there are hundreds of thousands of people as dumb as the person who recaps Dynamite for Bryan and Dave's website.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

duckdealer posted:

They shouldn't have to and they don't. Unless you're thinking that there are hundreds of thousands of people as dumb as the person who recaps Dynamite for Bryan and Dave's website.

Yeah, recapping feuds and establishing connections between specific wrestlers has been one of AEW's biggest improvements, and it's pretty easy to figure out as you go anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Man, Mike continues to be such a downer on fun things with him dissing the fan attack on MJF. I thought plant or not that part was awesome.