Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

I don't want Disney lawyers anywhere near Smash, and you shouldn't either.

Disney is actually the reason why Cloud was only allowed to bring two songs with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Sora wouldn't be really that unique or interesting to play unless he somehow involved Donald and Goofy in some way, and I don't see that happening
Sora probably has more moveset potential than the entire current roster, or at least a vast majority of them. With a number of elemental spells, Drive Forms, weapons he can turn his Keyblade into such as hammers, gauntlets, a frying pan, laser pistols, and even a bazooka, saying he needs Donald and Goofy to be interesting is a dumb take. The big problem would be what to keep in since about 90% of what he's capable of would have to be trimmed in Smash.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
2021: Sora introduced to Smash Ultimate

2022: Smash Ultimate placed in Disney's vault, unavailable for purchase for next 20 years

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Sora wouldn't be really that unique or interesting to play unless he somehow involved Donald and Goofy in some way, and I don't see that happening

*Character who literally shoots lasers and summons the heavens while able to fly and become a demon*

"Nah, not very unique"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLoneStar posted:

Sora probably has more moveset potential than the entire current roster, or at least a vast majority of them. With a number of elemental spells, Drive Forms, weapons he can turn his Keyblade into such as hammers, gauntlets, a frying pan, laser pistols, and even a bazooka, saying he needs Donald and Goofy to be interesting is a dumb take. The big problem would be what to keep in since about 90% of what he's capable of would have to be trimmed in Smash.

Kirby has more move potential bc he can simply absorb sora bro.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

In Training posted:

Kirby has more move potential bc he can simply absorb sora bro.
gently caress, you got me there.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Tae posted:

*Character who literally shoots lasers and summons the heavens while able to fly and become a demon*

"Nah, not very unique"

Well yes, but a lot of over the top spectacle fighters do things similar to that. One of the more appealing things I really enjoyed playing KH2 (and 3 to a similar extent) was being able to neat little team up attacks with my Disney buddies, and the unique action commands for specific fights.

Man, the combat in KH2 was really really good.

You could absolutely do Sora without D and G, but I still maintain he'd feel a lot more empty without the other two members of the trio.

That said, a Down-B mechanic that introduces different Drive forms similar to Pokemon trainer (and if you abuse the drive change too much maybe you go Shadow Sora for a while) would be really cool and I'd be here for it.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 8, 2020

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I still wish Kirby copied all the b-moves when he swallows someone instead of just neutral b

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/OutofVtubers/status/1223618961926840325

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sora would be super unique and interesting lol. I have the gut reaction of 'no!' whenever I see him, but when I think about his moveset potential and form changes and junk from 3 yeah they could easily make it work and fit him in as a black mage hybrid. He'd be cool.

I also don't believe that guy saying Disney said no for a second as Disney was apparently pretty okay with him getting into smash during the lead up to KH3 if they were ever approached about it (they were flying people out to play the game and answering questions like that). I'm not sure why that would change or why the guy who literally hasn't gotten a single thing right would suddenly get this correct if anything.

E: Check out the limit cut boss fights in KH3's new DLC if you want to see how he'd work without Donald or Goofy. Turns out really well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bongo Bill posted:

Patch notes: Fixed bug where Mickey could take damage under certain circumstances

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1225978238939222018

If only "Every DLC character gets a stage" was the rule in Smash 4 we could have gotten this stage.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

I still wish Kirby copied all the b-moves when he swallows someone instead of just neutral b

Sakurai would be dead at this point.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tae posted:

"Nah, not very unique"

I could see Sora being like a Bayonetta type character with a variety of combos that cancel into each other, but the problem is being true to his character would be hard you'd basically stop the opponent from moving for 2 minutes since all KH combat is is a string of infinite combos with flashy finisher at the end.

Also not having Sora/Donald/Goofy together calling out each others' names when you toss them potions would be missing out.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It's still completely insane that Joker from Persona 5 is in the game. And Snake. And Ridley. And King K. Rool. And Simon Belmont. And Ric

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1225978238939222018

If only "Every DLC character gets a stage" was the rule in Smash 4 we could have gotten this stage.

If we have to have a Fates stage there's several places I think would make for more interesting concepts than Valla, with the caveat that I haven't actually played Revelations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Supersonic Shine posted:

It's still completely insane that Joker from Persona 5 is in the game. And Snake. And Ridley. And King K. Rool. And Simon Belmont. And Ric

It's insane to me that there's "virtual Youtubers".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they're just youtubers using a live2d character app thing. tbh i prefer it to regular youtubers. they make it way more obvious theyre at least partly playing a character which helps reduce a lot of the weird personality cult stuff you get, and it lets them keep their personal life disconnected from their youtube stuff, unlike all the youtuber divorces ive forcibly heard about over the years

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's weird to me. I'd rather they just do voiceover only instead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some vtuber designs are cute, imo. and hey they usually get independent artists work

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I watched this and it seems to be absolute bullshit. In the video he's obviously just guessing, like "Yeah I'm sure they looked into getting him, but Disney may have been a problem". Which is a conclusion anyone could come to, since Kingdom Hearts is certainly a big enough franchise to be considered, and Disney is obviously the biggest obstacle to putting a character from it in Smash.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

shirts and skins posted:

2021: Sora introduced to Smash Ultimate

2022: Smash Ultimate placed in Disney's vault, unavailable for purchase for next 20 years

vault's dead, they ditched it

like i know you're busy makin a joke here and all

but thank god the vault is dead

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Cattail Prophet posted:

If we have to have a Fates stage there's several places I think would make for more interesting concepts than Valla, with the caveat that I haven't actually played Revelations.

There was that one place in Conquest where you had mirrored actions on the other side of the map that never comes up again even in conversation because Fates was written by three different teams.

Conceptually, though, there's already a few stages with the "floating in the sky above an infinite pit" gimmick, included the default Battlefield. A really cool place is the inverted castle/city in Conquest that's like a mile tall, but a Fates stage would never represent a single game over all three unless it was Revelations, which ironically was the worst one.

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's weird to me. I'd rather they just do voiceover only instead.

You probably don't want to see the actual person behind the voice.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Endorph posted:

some vtuber designs are cute, imo.

lol

Theta Zero posted:

You probably don't want to see the actual person behind the voice.

That's probably why he said "voiceover."

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

sigher posted:

That's probably why he said "voiceover."

It's almost like I was agreeing with him.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Endorph posted:

some vtuber designs are cute, imo. and hey they usually get independent artists work

the only vtuber i liked was kizuna ai but the company that owns her switched her VA a while ago and I bounced

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
Lythero used a Captain Falcon avatar one time on a stream. But I didn’t realize how rampant it was until there was the last Japanese streamer compilation from Hero’s reveal.

Kramdar fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 8, 2020

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's insane to me that there's "virtual Youtubers".

Think about how much money goes into anime merch and how much money goes to streamers.

Now combine them

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

the only vtuber i liked was kizuna ai but the company that owns her switched her VA a while ago and I bounced
Oh wow, I hadn't watched her in a while but that is super disappointing to hear. I liked her a lot but fell off because I just can't follow YouTubers who upload more than once a year, now I feel less bad.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Cattail Prophet posted:

I dunno. Valla would be great because of how absolutely weird and strange it is.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bongo Bill posted:

This. Yall are sickos for wanting Sora in

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

Ninja Hell is now a stage

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh wow, I hadn't watched her in a while but that is super disappointing to hear. I liked her a lot but fell off because I just can't follow YouTubers who upload more than once a year, now I feel less bad.

From my understanding it was a mutual thing rather than the company just being jerks. Apparently Kizuna actually has multiple VAs now because she's being used in promotional stuff beyond what one VA can realistically handle. The original VA is apparently really big on keeping their privacy though so there's no real way to confirm (no one has ever admitted to being her voice and no name is credited.)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sora would be super unique and interesting lol. I have the gut reaction of 'no!' whenever I see him, but when I think about his moveset potential and form changes and junk from 3 yeah they could easily make it work and fit him in as a black mage hybrid. He'd be cool.

I also don't believe that guy saying Disney said no for a second as Disney was apparently pretty okay with him getting into smash during the lead up to KH3 if they were ever approached about it (they were flying people out to play the game and answering questions like that). I'm not sure why that would change or why the guy who literally hasn't gotten a single thing right would suddenly get this correct if anything.

E: Check out the limit cut boss fights in KH3's new DLC if you want to see how he'd work without Donald or Goofy. Turns out really well.

Throw in some of his poo poo from the non-main number games. Balloon magic and the light hearted goofier spells from BBS and DDD are definitely very 'Sora' and you can add them in on top of his usual keyblade combos and magic bursts and light orbs.

Hell make his grab back the aerial combo ender from 2 forward you get from master form where you spin around the guy then explode em.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 8, 2020

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It's super easy to guess the music that would follow the more popular requests (Geno, Sora, Master Chief, Lloyd, etc.), but if the more rare/personal requests were to get in, what music would you be excited to hear added/remixed by the Smash musicians?

My wishlist's most unlikely character was any Seiken Densetsu 3 character (likely Kevin, though I do get my hopes up now that we're finally getting the translated Trials of Mana...), and I'd love to hear these Smashified:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSkagVzxFlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhGYAj0MbTg

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

It's super easy to guess the music that would follow the more popular requests (Geno, Sora, Master Chief, Lloyd, etc.), but if the more rare/personal requests were to get in, what music would you be excited to hear added/remixed by the Smash musicians?

My wishlist's most unlikely character was any Seiken Densetsu 3 character (likely Kevin, though I do get my hopes up now that we're finally getting the translated Trials of Mana...), and I'd love to hear these Smashified:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSkagVzxFlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhGYAj0MbTg

Based music taste.

As for me, give me Sacrifice Part 2 and Sacrifice Part 3!

Also, give me Meridian Child.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

No Irish Need Imply posted:

SD3 character would kick rear end, although at this point I've written off anything from Square. That said if we were gonna get any SD3 character, it'd absolutely be Riesz.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sea Lily posted:

vault's dead, they ditched it

like i know you're busy makin a joke here and all

but thank god the vault is dead

*bangs on hood of taxi*

Ey, I'm jokin heah I'm jokin heah!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

My son has been watching a certain show and I don't make the rules but apparently the entire cast of Brisco County Jr. should now be in Smash. That's just the way it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Ramc posted:

My son has been watching a certain show and I don't make the rules but apparently the entire cast of Brisco County Jr. should now be in Smash. That's just the way it is.

Ash for Smash or my Switch in the trash