Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:drac:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

You're never fully dressed without a smile...
Snipe checked and confirmed. :master:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Lol. Was that the update?

RIP Tropicfrog.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

It wasn't the update! It was a "I can't sleep what should I do.... I know, I'll post a vampire emoji! Hilarious!" post.

:j:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

The slaves ran out of the hallway into the back of the home as Jacob dragged Mercier into a room, kicking the door closed behind him. The master of the house stammered and clutched ineffectually at the hands holding him. Jacob lifted the man and slammed him backwards into a bookcase, tomes tumbling down from the shelves as he pinned Mercier in place.

“There’s a special place in hell for men like you,” he growled, his fangs lengthening as the man’s heartbeat skipped like a frightened rabbit. Jacob’s hands stretched, bones popping loudly, and his claws dug into Mercier’s shoulders through his waistcoat, piercing the skin and bringing the hot blood to the surface. "Right next to the spot for men like me."

The big Scotsman moved faster than the eye could track, fangs sinking deeply into the soft flesh of a pampered neck. Blood gushed into his mouth, driven by the terror Mercier was experiencing.

There were ways of making the human pliable when feeding, to overload their frail bodies with pleasure so they melted into one’s embrace willingly. When withheld, as it was now, the experience was terrifying, and painful. Jacob enjoyed the struggle as Mercier gasped and punched at his shoulders, the blows falling weakly as he lost increasing amounts of blood.

Jacob relished the kill more than the meal, blood dripping down his chin as he sated himself, finally tearing away from the limp flesh and leaving a ragged gash behind. The last of Mercier’s life drained down his waistcoat to soak his trousers, Jacob dropping him to the ground like an empty wine glass.

Jeanie. He lifted his head, giving his mouth a half-hearted wipe with the back of his hand. She wouldn’t have gotten far.

Jacob left the Mercier home behind, following the faint scent of the girl’s fear down the darkened streets of Kingston.

---

Jeanette ran blindly for a few minutes, then twisted her ankle badly when her borrowed shoes caught on a stone. She collapsed in a puddle of blue silks, fumbling under her voluminous skirts to tear off the offending slippers.

She limped onward, finding herself near the docks. Raucous singing was coming from a well lit tavern, men stumbling in and out of it with their arms around each other for support. Other men worked at loading a wagon from a warehouse, large barrels and crates hefted in the lamplight, casting strange shadows on the ground.

“Miss!” called a man from beside the wagon. “Are you lost?”

Jeanette paused, eyes darting toward the group, as one of the other men said, “I’ll take care of you, missy,” accompanied with a lewd gesture. She backed away, stumbling down into the sand, and hurried away as quickly as she could.

The ripped lace was falling down across her bodice, and she kept pulling it back up and trying to fix it in place, only to have it fall again. Jeanette looked out into the harbor, her mind racing. How was she going to get home now? And certainly her father would never do business with the Mercier’s again once she told him what had happened.

She just had to get home, first.

“There you are, Jeanie.”

Jeanette started, jerking away from a shadow that suddenly loomed over her. Her injured ankle gave way again, and she fell onto her bottom in the sand. “Christ! Do you always sneak up on ladies like this?!”

Jacob towered over her, then reached down a hand and pulled her gently to her feet. Jeanette huffed and tried to brush sand from her skirts, ineffectually. When she looked up she saw dark stains on his shirt, wet-looking in the moonlight.

A. Scream!
B. Gasp!
C. Swoon!
D. Something else: write in

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

O_o gently caress it, I'm screamin'

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

D try to ignore the blood. ask what we do now.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Little bit from column B, little bit from column C. I call it gaswooning.

lame joke post not to be confused for an actual vote

theroachman fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 5, 2020

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
D Collects her wits and asks whose blood that is.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

vorebane posted:

D Collects her wits and asks whose blood that is.

Maybe add thanks for the road block

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

D, comment that she ought to really ask where that stain came from but that it would be impolitic and ungrateful. Also thank him for the assistance.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

D, comment that she ought to really ask where that stain came from but that it would be impolitic and ungrateful. Also thank him for the assistance.

This!

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Ok so I only voted to collect half of Jeanette's wits.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh god this is hard to vote.

Hexenritter posted:

I'll add 1 to this.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
D. Uhmm... Jacob is he dead?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Hopefully my mashup of all these D options will be acceptable! Most are just variations on Jeanette keeping her head about her. :)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

“I thank you for your timely assistance,” she said, the polite phrases coming automatically as she fixated on the stains. “I do not know what… that is… I am sorry I hit you with the wine.”

Jeanette tried to justify the stains to herself as spilled wine, and after a moment she was certain that was what they were. What else could they be? Certainly not … blood …

She felt hollow inside, her social graces the only fallback she had, and so that was what spilled out, albeit in a jumbled mess. “I did not expect to see you again, of course, a gentleman usually sends word before he calls.” Jeanette looked up at him, her bosom straining against the tight bodice of her dress as her breath came in quick gasps between sentences. Jacob’s expression was unreadable and went out of focus as she continued babbling.

“I would ask about the stains, but that would be impolitic. I suppose, as a pirate, it could be anything, I do not know that much about pirates except they are uncouth and probably dirty.” Her frozen mind shouted at her, and she blinked rapidly. “Oh! I mean… that is to say …”

Jeanette’s voice trailed off, and she tried to back away from Jacob, only to stumble once again. She flailed for balance, and his arm went around her, holding her up.

“Uncouth and dirty,” Jacob rumbled. “Accurate.”

He looked down at Jeanette, his brow creased lightly with concern. “Are you alright?”

“Fine,” she said breathlessly, her hands pressed against his chest. Lifting her fingers, she could see the viscous red liquid had transferred to her skin. “Is… is he dead?”

Jacob replied:
A. “He won’t bother you again.” - vague
B. “Yes. And it’s better than he deserved.” - truth
C. “Is who dead?” - play dumb/redirect
D. “No.” - lie
E. Say nothing. Change the subject.
F. Something else: Write in

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
B honesty is the best policy

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

I feel like Jacob would not deem that question with an answer. E. We must get looking to leave shore

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

E not important right now

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

B

jacob doesn't seem the type to mince words or be evasive.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

OMGVBFLOL posted:

B

jacob doesn't seem the type to mince words or be evasive.

B 'Yes, I tore his throat out. He's very dead. Is that okay?'

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i was thinking more just a curt "Yes." but who knows, im not a jacobologist

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

B 'Yes, I tore his throat out. He's very dead. Is that okay?'

I'm changing my vote to definitely this.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
B

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

“Verra dead,” Jacob said. “I tore his throat out. Is that acceptable?” His eyes seemed to bore into hers, causing a flutter in her stomach that had nothing to do with his words.

She managed a weak “Oh,” in response, and followed it up with “I have no way back home, now.”

“We can sort that out on the ship,” replied Jacob, steering her down the beach toward the boat he’d come ashore in. “Cap’n wants to leave immediately, only Post dinna want t’ go wi’out making sure you were well taken care of. And ye weren’t.”

“Very thoughtful of him,” Jeanette said, feeling as though she were floating above her body, observing as they climbed into a boat and rowed out to where the Bloody Sunrise was preparing to set sail.

Jacob took the oars himself, muscles bunching under his shirt as he set to rowing, and Jeanette sat woodenly where he’d deposited her.

A. She compartmentalizes what just happened, setting it aside to think about later. Or never. She accepts her new circumstances with willful ignorance.
B. She lets the anger about what Mr. Mercier had intended to rise inside her. He deserved to die!
C. She is conflicted, upset about Jacob’s easy confession of murder, upset about her assault, glad she is away from the Mercier’s, and worried about her future.
D. She is pragmatic. Perhaps Mercier didn’t deserve to have his throat ripped out but she is grateful to be rid of him. Also, she already knew that these weren’t ordinary pirates and on some level it didn’t surprise her?
E. Something else: Write in

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
B. This wasn't his first time trying to do something like that. He was far from innocent. And, she already knew that these weren’t ordinary pirates. An ordinary pirate wouldn't mind murdering a man who threatened someone he felt some sort of obligation to, even if the obligation is "My friend/boss wanted you to be safe." So why would these very UNordinary pirates feel any different?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
D. This is bad. Far from home and mixed up in some bad bad poo poo. Also she's probably culpable in some way and things are looking grim. Plan ahead, these pirates are very bad men but haven't been bad to her, and then there's that empty mansion full of money and corpse. Offer to help loot the house in exchange for passage and a cut.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

John_A_Tallon posted:

B. This wasn't his first time trying to do something like that. He was far from innocent. And, she already knew that these weren’t ordinary pirates. An ordinary pirate wouldn't mind murdering a man who threatened someone he felt some sort of obligation to, even if the obligation is "My friend/boss wanted you to be safe." So why would these very UNordinary pirates feel any different?

This feels like B and D angry and pragmatic +1

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

D. This is bad. Far from home and mixed up in some bad bad poo poo. Also she's probably culpable in some way and things are looking grim. Plan ahead, these pirates are very bad men but haven't been bad to her, and then there's that empty mansion full of money and corpse. Offer to help loot the house in exchange for passage and a cut.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

C

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
D

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

I like this. +1, also take great pains not to look at the rippling musculature of our Caledonian rescuer. Oh my.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

B

With all respect, I don't like looting the house. It increases her culpability and causes trouble for Mrs. Mercier (who is finally rid of her abusive husband). Besides, I don't think Jacob or any other vampirates would take Jeanette up on her offer for 'help'.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

A note, regarding looting the house -- while I don't have an opinion on whether she should OFFER it or not -- they are currently rowing out to the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

A note, regarding looting the house -- while I don't have an opinion on whether she should OFFER it or not -- they are currently rowing out to the ship.

Yeah, on second thought by the time we rally the vampirates and get back it'll be crawling with fuzz. Should have burnt it to the ground when we had the chance.