Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

MegaZeroX posted:

Okay Updating List

For the record, my opening post was a shitpost. I am not actually whatever I claimed. I wanted to actually participate in the joke phase for once instead of killing it. Seems like that failed.

Anyways, here is my current lumpen list

Illiterate
Amnistar
Sandwolf
Dragonatrix
Leith

Taking lessons
AA

Semi-literate
Mega
Hal

Literate
Gulag

Please help me complete this list everyone!

Man this list was very accurate. People can't say I haven't been contributing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

- poo poo guys people are voting me. What do I do.
- Just be cool. There isn’t a whole lot of activity in the thread. Don’t engage the people voting you too much. And definitely don’t get caught browsing the thread without posting or else people will use the forbidden technique on you.
- alright sounds good.

You were acting like towny Binus, and people don't realize it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

- poo poo guys people are voting me. What do I do.
- Just be cool. There isn’t a whole lot of activity in the thread. Don’t engage the people voting you too much. And definitely don’t get caught browsing the thread without posting or else people will use the forbidden technique on you.
- alright sounds good.

are you.... talking about sandwolf...?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

MegaZeroX posted:

You were acting like towny Binus, and people don't realize it

That was my impression of sandwolf talking to his scumteam lol

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

MegaZeroX posted:

This made me laugh. Thanks, I needed it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

That was my impression of sandwolf talking to his scumteam lol

what the gently caress even is this?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tbh when i'm at -8 i scumclaim, so sandwolf is definitely town here

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

what the gently caress even is this?

B- is trying to channel my shitposting.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This is a clusterfuck. So many people jumping at every shadow.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MegaZeroX posted:

I was at the end of winter break for the soldiers game. Now I'm managing a graduate CS class, three CS papers I'm working on simultaneously (a couple of them I want to submit soon), a math paper I still need to finish up, and a Japanese language course I'm taking. Like, this meta read on me feels really scummy. No poo poo that people are more free in early January than mid February. I learned my first game to not call out people for things that can be explained "is busy." You never used meta arguments for posting amount in the previous game. For reference, I'm a super active scum player that tends to just ignore my team and call out everyone I find susp, including my own team. My level of activity doesn't really correlate with my scumminess.

I didn't have a scum read on you, but you've been pinging me with these bad reads.

Nep-Nep is kind of lurking, but is far from alone in that regards.

George's case is literally: Wow, you voted meta like 4 other people that didn't realize the image in the OP was the rules and then apologized for it? Also I like Amni and you don't? Sounds like scum

AA is playing like AA right now. This feels like their town meta right now. Won't elaborate on this for now in case it changes their behavior, but for now I'm not very susp of AA.

And why do you think George looks good after posting garbage followed by a single (bad) case against AA? And just going "oh I agree with this" without contributing anything at all looks weird.

And I'd expect scum Sandwolf to double check post history before throwing around accusations.

Why no suspicion towards Leith? You may agree with the vote on me, but you'd at least expect explanation to come out less than a day after you voted.

I guess my Lumpen list right now is:

Towny:
Gulag - Hard to read, but scum Gulag chooses worse targets I think
Binus - This is Binus' town game
Merc - This feels like town Merc, with normal scum hunting focus
AA - This isn't a strong placement, but George's placement is bad and this feels more like town AA
Sandwolf - This feels like townie Sandwolf, getting into scuffle with other townies as he tends to do

Scummy:
Leith - Already made my case. They sat on me without explaining their reasoning until a day after and after I called them out twice on it and actually voted for them. As someone pointed out, they defended against Gulag's vote despite me not mentioning it, almost as if they are scum not reading the post. Beyond sitting on me, they've done no case work.
Amni - See my post above
Ice Phoenix - Lurking isn't their town meta. And they seemed to sure have lots of free time to complain about not receiving their role before, but somehow not enough to meaningfully contribute?
Hunt - They made cases day 1 of their last game IIRC, while they are just kind of sitting doing nothing here
Hum - Lurking is their scum meta
RF - While being away for today is fine, the fact that they didn't use yesterday to case anybody is susp.
Ruggan - Feels like they are pretending to be helpful while really not

Steak:
Steak - They day when I can read Steak is the day I die

Lurkers:
Boogie - its their meta
Nepnep - IDK if it is their meta
ETR - IDK if it is their meta
Hal - its their meta

lol this post is awful

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

b-minus1 your post history is full of a whole lot of nothing - no reads, no justifications, a super scummy “yeah I agree with that case” post

high volume low content, with just the right amount of sucking up to a random town

##vote b-minus1

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ruggan posted:

b-minus1 your post history is full of a whole lot of nothing - no reads, no justifications, a super scummy “yeah I agree with that case” post

high volume low content, with just the right amount of sucking up to a random town

##vote b-minus1

yeah but now look at his posts in just this game

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is a clusterfuck. So many people jumping at every shadow.

Mr. Humalong posted:

lol this post is awful

basically yes

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MegaZeroX posted:

Your contributions aren’t very good. Stop posting lumpen lists. They’re clearly just rankings of who you think agrees with you.

Oh sorry, what I meant to say was “I agree” just make sure to put me in your literate category, deal?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

lol this post is awful

Lol this post is awful

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Really liking Ruggan so far.

Mega you do seem like you’re taking this a little less seriously than you usually do.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Ruggan posted:

Your contributions aren’t very good. Stop posting lumpen lists. They’re clearly just rankings of who you think agrees with you.

Oh sorry, what I meant to say was “I agree” just make sure to put me in your literate category, deal?

That was a shitpost. Amni realized thus, which was why they laughed. The joke being Amni misread my post, and I put them as illiterate earlier.

Lumpen lists are only bad when they lack reasoning or just go "null" which is the most useless thing ever. All I did was basically stitch together my casework.

Speaking of contributions, half your posts are jokes and the rest is basically just agreeing with others. Even with this it felt like you waited for hum to say bad things about it before you felt comfortable going after me hear in an OMGUS move

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 0

Sandwolf (3): merk, merk, Amnistar, merk, b-minus1
Leith Maclaine (3): GulagDolls, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, dmboogie
b-minus1 (2): Dragonatrix, Dragonatrix, Mr. Humalong, Ruggan
Ruggan (2): Hunt11, b-minus1, Mr. Steak, b-minus1
Anomalous Amalgam (1): merk, merk, George Kansas
MegaZeroX (1): Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam, Sandwolf, Leith Maclaine, Dragonatrix, Anomalous Amalgam, Sandwolf, Dragonatrix, Amnistar
Amnistar (1): b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1
Hal Incandenza (1): Nep-Nep
Eat The Rich (1): Dragonatrix
George Kansas (1): Sandwolf
Mr. Humalong (0): merk, merk
Mr. Steak (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Hunt11 (0): merk, merk
merk (0): Mr. Steak, Ruggan, Mr. Steak, Ruggan
Dragonatrix (0): GulagDolls, Sandwolf, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, MegaZeroX, Sandwolf

Not Voting (4): Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, IcePhoenix, Retro Futurist

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 11th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 23 hours, 47 minutes.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Really liking Ruggan so far.

Mega you do seem like you’re taking this a little less seriously than you usually do.

As I've said, this is a busy time for me so I may be less active than normal. I've mostly been phone posting (like right now)

Why do you like Ruggan? I dont remember seeing any contributions.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MegaZeroX posted:

As I've said, this is a busy time for me so I may be less active than normal. I've mostly been phone posting (like right now)

Why do you like Ruggan? I dont remember seeing any contributions.

Oh if you’re going from largely comp posting to phone posting that could explain it.

Ruggan’s most recent posts come off as sincere, off the cuff opinions. And I agree with them.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Also, I poo poo posted a lot in the Vtuber game (but you died quickly), and died immediately in the passive game. Soldiers was a special game while on break, and there my shitposting was limited to making fun of red team.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MegaZeroX posted:

That was a shitpost. Amni realized thus, which was why they laughed. The joke being Amni misread my post, and I put them as illiterate earlier.

Lumpen lists are only bad when they lack reasoning or just go "null" which is the most useless thing ever. All I did was basically stitch together my casework.

Speaking of contributions, half your posts are jokes and the rest is basically just agreeing with others. Even with this it felt like you waited for hum to say bad things about it before you felt comfortable going after me hear in an OMGUS move

Keep your casework to yourself. If there’s something that you feel is strong enough to share then please do but otherwise I’d rather not have to wade through and try to assimilate paragraphs of content.

All I’m asking is you don’t publish new 500 word essays every other post. That’s all.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Haven't you played a lot with Binus, Sandwolf? Binus is coming off like Passive and Fate Soldiers mafia to me over Vtuber mafia, which makes me think they are town

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MegaZeroX posted:

Actually Lumpen lists are always bad. They force people to give some sort of read on every player in the game and in a game of this size, this early on, most people are not going to have reads of everyone in the game. It causes town players to end up looking scummy because they have to stretch to provide some sort of read on every single player and it lets scum look better because they can manufacture brief reads on people and steer the conversation using the lists.

Notably, Lumpen once ran a game where everyone was forced to post a lumpen list during each game day. I believe it ended in a perfect scum victory.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Ruggan posted:

Keep your casework to yourself.

This is the worst sentence of this mafia game

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

How strong are these meta cases really? You even mention your own posting might be different this game because of change in coursework. People are going to naturally vary in engagement and the meta case feels like a very janky way of attributing meaning to something that has a much simpler explanation - real life.

I’m still pretty new at this but I dunno. Seems suspect to rely on it in any meaningful way.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

Actually Lumpen lists are always bad. They force people to give some sort of read on every player in the game and in a game of this size, this early on, most people are not going to have reads of everyone in the game. It causes town players to end up looking scummy because they have to stretch to provide some sort of read on every single player and it lets scum look better because they can manufacture brief reads on people and steer the conversation using the lists.

Notably, Lumpen once ran a game where everyone was forced to post a lumpen list during each game day. I believe it ended in a perfect scum victory.

Yeah, but most of them I have decently strong enough opinions to post about. Basically all of them except for Steak and the lurkers. Amni, George, Leith, and Ruggan have made some pretty bad posts IMO, and I believe I've given examples of each

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MegaZeroX posted:

This is the worst sentence of this mafia game

https://youtu.be/l9dEZ0hRlF4

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Ruggan posted:

How strong are these meta cases really? You even mention your own posting might be different this game because of change in coursework. People are going to naturally vary in engagement and the meta case feels like a very janky way of attributing meaning to something that has a much simpler explanation - real life.

I’m still pretty new at this but I dunno. Seems suspect to rely on it in any meaningful way.

I just said it in another post but I like all my reads not based on posting level.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MegaZeroX posted:

Haven't you played a lot with Binus, Sandwolf? Binus is coming off like Passive and Fate Soldiers mafia to me over Vtuber mafia, which makes me think they are town

I don’t know his alignment, I think he’s just kinda being a dick because he thinks it’s funny/it’ll get a rise out of me (it almost did lol).

Could be bored town could be instigating scum too early to tell imo

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

My Leith and Amni scum reads are my strongest though.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

MegaZeroX posted:

Yes I have. Doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to think he’s scum. He’s welcome to think the same about me if he wants

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ruggan posted:

Ruggan I’m glad you’ve joined our dumb posting community, I like the cut of your jib

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

MegaZeroX posted:

My Leith and Amni scum reads are my strongest though.

I feel like you're putting too much faith in the initial read and it is coloring your perception of the game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Yes I have. Doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to think he’s scum. He’s welcome to think the same about me if he wants

times a real son of a bitch and I bet binus and I have known each other, oh, 6-7 years at this point (this blows my mind)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

I feel like you're putting too much faith in the initial read and it is coloring your perception of the game.

tbf this is his town metaread lol

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

And posting that made me feel like a dirty hypocrite.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Sandwolf posted:

Ruggan I’m glad you’ve joined our dumb posting community, I like the cut of your jib

thanks, I like you guys too (all of you)

just starting to worry about how I’m gonna juggle two concurrent games mentally

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ruggan posted:

just starting to worry about how I’m gonna juggle two concurrent games mentally

you aren't

##absorb ruggan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted: