Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Is there any reward for getting to 155? I’m at 150. Seems like too much play for one night but so close. Meh

You get an M91 blueprint for reaching max level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I kinda slacked off playing this game so I didn't get a chance to work on the last of my ribbons, but I equipped Juggernaut just in case I ended up going on a streak that gave me it. Playing Ground War, get my Chopper Gunner and was killchaining my way to Jug when our team gets a nuke because the other side was so bad they couldn't cap a point. :rip: No Juggernaut for me I guess. At least I finished the Battle Pass just in time.

E: I actually would have gotten it in an earlier match too since I managed to get a VTOL which murdered like 8 dudes, except I was on a class that without killchain at the time. :v:

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 11, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hey, how come everyone else I meet is playing a different version of the game where you ADS instantly and have twice as much health and can be shot 10 times in the head and not die? How do I buy a copy of that game? Also if I could get whatever hacks they're using that lets them run around a corner or spawn behind me right as I start to reload that'd be nice too. Also also it's not really fair that Infinity Ward made it so that my shotguns have a really wide spread and can't kill anything but everyone else's is normal.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Fart Car '97 posted:

I've managed a 1.5kdr with the M13 after 300 kills and hated every loving second of it. It's a trash gun against anything other than other ARs at long range and it's ttk is just bad and who cares if it's accurate if it just gets out ttk'd 9 out of 10 times. Maybe it's good in ground war but I hate it! I hate it !!!!!

Even after the buff it wasn't great, but playing with the .300 Blackout ammo and integral suppressor barrel was pretty fun.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

loving around with the 680 on shipment since I never leveled it and I can't believe people itt where saying it was bad a while back. maybe it's gotten a buff since then? The thing loving melts dudes.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If we don't finish a challenge before the end of the season do they actually get locked? I made it to 55 right at the end of season zero so I never actually unlocked but never finished one to find out.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

veni veni veni posted:

loving around with the 680 on shipment since I never leveled it and I can't believe people itt where saying it was bad a while back. maybe it's gotten a buff since then? The thing loving melts dudes.

Try using it on not shipment without the vented barrel.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Strobe posted:

If we don't finish a challenge before the end of the season do they actually get locked? I made it to 55 right at the end of season zero so I never actually unlocked but never finished one to find out.

The multi-level challenges stay but the season emblem challenges will be locked.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Just got that Juggernaut on 10v10 Headquarters on Aniyah Palace. gently caress yeah care package VTOL and Killchain. :woop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think the more I play this game, the more the cracks in it are starting to show. I am getting really tired of getting killed in one shot from behind. The weapon balancing in this game is just wack.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I think the more I play this game, the more the cracks in it are starting to show. I am getting really tired of getting killed in one shot from behind. The weapon balancing in this game is just wack.

Have you considered getting good?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's funny, the last person I heard say that was actually in this game.

he was pretty clearly ~14

edit: I think the problem's not so much weapon damage as the fragility of the player. Feels like I'm steering around a garbage bag wearing a ghillie suit that looks like a garbage bag and for one character actually is garbage. And it's leaky.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yeah, the TTK is low, so don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off and you might not die as much. All your posts are bitching about how bad guns are or how people are playing a "different game", git gud

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

CJacobs posted:

It's funny, the last person I heard say that was actually in this game.

he was pretty clearly ~14

edit: I think the problem's not so much weapon damage as the fragility of the player. Feels like I'm steering around a garbage bag wearing a ghillie suit that looks like a garbage bag and for one character actually is garbage. And it's leaky.

Like...how many bullets do you think it takes to actually kill someone? Play HC. Then you dont have to worry about the kill cam. Or aiming as much.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

JaySB posted:

Yeah, the TTK is low, so don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off and you might not die as much. All your posts are bitching about how bad guns are or how people are playing a "different game", git gud

I was being sarcastic in that post you idiot lol

edit: "All my posts" aka one post. What a clown.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Play slower. ADS more before going around corners etc.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish I could turn off those stupid rear end MLG skins so I didn’t have to look at them. Hideous.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Realtalk it's less about ADS speed and spawns, and more about map knowledge, good crosshair placement, and knowing when/where it's safe to peek with audio tuned to hear footsteps. Same as any FPS.

Any way I finally am trying out shotguns and managed to get a jug on Shipment while leveling the R9-0 today. Easily the highlight of my time so far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

f#a# posted:

Realtalk it's less about ADS speed and spawns, and more about map knowledge, good crosshair placement, and knowing when/where it's safe to peek with audio tuned to hear footsteps.

AKA it’s more about camping.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Not really? Those skills apply to both offensive and defensive play and COD is largely a series that excels when you're quickly switching between the two (as opposed to, like, R6 Siege).

Which, tangentially, is why S+D and Ground War suck.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Run n' gun is totally viable on smaller maps like Vacant but in general it feels like being skittish is the way to go to stay alive, and being skittish is lame. Map knowledge is useful but it only gets you so far, you gotta use player psychology to predict where people will go sometimes.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Maybe if your goal is to rack up killstreaks. Diving onto the objective until the mountain of my own repeated corpses eventually takes a domination point usually still wins the game and ends up with kills.

Also this took for-loving-ever to get S&D and Cyber Attack wins but here we go:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo run and gun is viable on all maps except the bridge. It's never gonna be the best way to play for K/D but there's almost no map where you can rack up plenty of points and kills just running around once you know all of the common sight lines and camp spots.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the net code feels particularly bad in this but i imagine everyone else experiences the same getting killed after you run behind cover and kill cams show you in their sights a good half second+ longer than you see them

also lol at the m13, nothing like getting 5 hit markers on a guy and no kill

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 11, 2020

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

CJacobs posted:

U mad? Be better at the game.

I'll stop before I get probated for making babby cry

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

It's garbage without a few unlocks and extremely unreliable outside of point-blank range, so using it at level 1 and on any other map is hell. It's good once you have it kitted out for ADS with a long barrel and remember to always aim before shooting, though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help, my shotgun appears to have a phantom attachment notification. How do I make it go away?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
They call it the M13 because that's the lowest amount of hits you need in order to kill someone with it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

CJacobs posted:

Help, my shotgun appears to have a phantom attachment notification. How do I make it go away?

Try removing some other modification, like a special barrel or something. I had the same thing happen with the AK. Turns out the special barrel I had wasn't compatible with an underbarrel attachment I unlocked, so I couldn't select it and remove the green dot.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Nope, it's a known glitch with that gun and it never goes away, ar least until some hypothetical future patch

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

With 3 hours and 48 minutes to spare, I did it. 60 battle pass levels in four days. What a bunch of nonsense that was. Bring on the next one!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

60 battle pass levels in four days. What a bunch of nonsense that was. Bring on the next one!

Are you seein CoD when you close your eyes, Tetris-style?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The russian allegiance HQ operator dude is now narrating my life truman show style.

We're opening the cereal box! Prepare to pour!

The key is in the ignition! Put the car in reverse!

Remember to file your taxes! The deadline is coming up, soldat!

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Is there no operator mission for Yegor? I'm not seeing one but I still have the lock icon on his 'quips' so...how do I unlock that?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Man fully sawed-off 725 w/ overkill and a decent backup is one of the most entertaining builds I've used yet. The super fast ADS makes it an absolute machine.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's garbage without a few unlocks and extremely unreliable outside of point-blank range, so using it at level 1 and on any other map is hell. It's good once you have it kitted out for ADS with a long barrel and remember to always aim before shooting, though.

Agreed with the unlock thing.

Otherwise it's a pretty good shotgun, not as good as it was before, but if you attach for range/ADS it's good; you don't have to wait for the full ADS animation either just do a quick scope with it and you'll destroy people from like 20-30m out.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

CJacobs posted:

lol this has been bugged since release

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The update is _only_ 68GB on PC. RIP PS4 users?

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Update is live. 67 GB on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

it shriveled up posted:

Update is live. 67 GB on PC.

Fuuuck I’m just now realizing I forgot to sign into battle.net before I left for work today.