Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
janky star trek you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least Picard's been great so far

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

like I think I just saw a straight up fridging?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Chris James 2 posted:

At least Picard's been great so far

I'm still not feeling it. I guess he did the thing in the last episode though.

Hoping it improves now that they're in space. I don't see why he couldn't bring his poor neglected dog along.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I know Tim and Eric are super not for everybody but they put on a drat good stage show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

absolutely adore Tim and Eric. Unless they did something awful I'm not aware of like shoving hospital children.

Disco went from this wry lets go everywhere weirdo space show to some straight fash poo poo. Plus its looking like a straight fridging of the gay doc who I think was in something much better and that's super uncool.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

I am utterly baffled at this sudden jump in Discovery. This mirror universe stuff is super hamfisted.

Season 2?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mekchu posted:

Park So-dam is still the prettiest one in Parasite.

park so dam is gonna play opposite a big heartthrob in the horrible shows i like to watch thanks to parasite so thank you b0ngie

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am once again asking for your amiibos

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cavauro posted:

park so dam is gonna play opposite a big heartthrob in the horrible shows i like to watch thanks to parasite so thank you b0ngie

some kdramas are good.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Cavauro posted:

I am once again asking for your amiibos

Take the ones you want but you can't have Solid Snake

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Dangerous Person posted:

I know Tim and Eric are super not for everybody but they put on a drat good stage show

I'm excited to see them later this month. On Cinema's Oscar Special was amazing last night.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mekchu posted:

Park So-dam is still the prettiest one in Parasite.
can confirm

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I have been referred to as "a babe" by RR poster PUNKS DIET SODA FWIW
can confirm

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

can confirm

I dispute the assertion, but still, aw shucks. :3:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

coconono posted:

absolutely adore Tim and Eric. Unless they did something awful I'm not aware of like shoving hospital children.

Disco went from this wry lets go everywhere weirdo space show to some straight fash poo poo. Plus its looking like a straight fridging of the gay doc who I think was in something much better and that's super uncool.

There was that time Tim almost got stabbed to death by his insane neighbor, I think that's the weirdest story that exists

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i'm also kinda certain of getting a job offer today that comes with a 30% payrise :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

i'm also kinda certain of getting a job offer today that comes with a 30% payrise :hellyeah:

Raise the roof.... of your salary cap! :woop:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a paybraise when I recently renegotiated my contract. The school also decided they were not happy with my new ESL teacher and gave me the raise I wanted plus moee to hope I wouldn't leave them with him lol.

Plus we're getting another new ESL teacher next month and they said I'm the head of the ESL teachers. Now I'll be teaching less and doing more admin work :toot:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 11, 2020

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
The vocal minority whined loud and long about the length of my Botchamania No Mercy 64 intro, so its two episode reign of terror is over. If they think it'll stop me from making more, they're sorely mistaken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPfJPUv1eXA

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Feb 11, 2020

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I cannot get up in the morning. Getting up is the devil

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Man gently caress Mike Bloomberg and his racist rear end.

https://twitter.com/HootHootBerns/status/1227184459990040576

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So my stepdaughter comes home last night, and she's filming our Chiuhaha being a cute little rat dog for her TikTok...

...until our chonk of a cat wanders into frame, and she turns her phone to him and says, "get a load of this doooooood."

I know it's a meme outside of wrestling but I still feel a bit proud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mekchu posted:

Season 2?

midway season 1. The tonal shift stuff from gritty moralistic sci fi show to LETS DO A FASCISM was extremely abrupt and not appreciated.

Not to mention, yet again(chronologically the first time), Starfleet's most prized possession is compromised because the admiralty is a bunch of crazy people.

oh goddammit we were warned

https://twitter.com/PulpLibrarian/status/1227239478411972611

coconono fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 11, 2020

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

TTBF posted:

I'm excited to see them later this month. On Cinema's Oscar Special was amazing last night.

You're gonna love it. It's really fun watching Tim be super mean to audience members

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
why oh why did i wander into the star wars subforum. jesus christ

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i don't know

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

WatermelonGun posted:

So there's two reasons to make a subforum

The first is there's enough demand

The second is there's enough demand to drive its toxicity away from more useful sections of the greater forums

Tell me which one is the case here?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i only post in the trek threads, are they doing culture wars over the new star wars again?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

That subforum was the first time I found that there were plenty of people, usually people who were young when they came out, that legit liked the prequels and sometimes shouted that they were the better movies. It was at that time I first saw I was disconnected from that fandom.

The 2nd and bigger time was when the new movies were coming out there was just too much anger over "SJWs" and women and POC in the films. Not to mention the studios making them were proven cowards and that last movie actually made me just kinda want to give up on the films all together.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
people were arguing about the sexual ethics of space slavery. it’s the worst poo poo i’ve ever seen. i just wanted to see if anyone posted the meme of baby yoda singing john denver.

why god

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Slavery bad, killing slavers good. Hope this clears things up and thank you for the Ted talk

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

found it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

@baby_yoda666

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

At least they have a new character to base millions of toys and dozens of movies on

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Star Wars

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Star Wars is done. Let's all admit it. Its ok to let it go and find a new sci fi franchise to strip mine. I heard Halo is cheap.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also Disco doing all hard contact combat wrong. No dumbass is gonna stand static in the middle of the hallway and fire off a loud rear end flashlight.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Virgin Star Wars fans are the worst human beings, whereas The Chad Lord Of The Rings fans just love and support hobbits and want to see them kiss.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

Star Wars is done. Let's all admit it. Its ok to let it go and find a new sci fi franchise to strip mine. I heard Halo is cheap.

or, hear me out here, we grow as a culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

or, hear me out here, we grow as a culture

and people say I talk crazy. Nah seriously, it'd be fuckin cool but we gotta decommercialize our art or otherwise it'll be Treats From Your Corporate Masters forever and ever.

Me I'm just trying to extract a little joy. Which I've managed to do with Disco, despite the mirror universe arc in season 1 being pure dogshit. They managed to wrap it up in a pretty trek like fashion.