Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

Then my vote is where it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Misfire. Meant to quote and just :thunk: here.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey Burgs wanna debate the mechanics and poo poo! I think once the project list goes up we should try and pick one favourite for people to pile onto to work on, if they don't have any one clearly obvious choice for maximum utility.

Is this an open invitation? It'd be neat to try and coordinate to some degree - though would it be best to pile up to a degree or try and hit a little bit of everything?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Is this an open invitation? It'd be neat to try and coordinate to some degree - though would it be best to pile up to a degree or try and hit a little bit of everything?

Waiting for mod response on whether excess build is lost or carried over. Will make a big difference on approach.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Monathin posted:

Misfire. Meant to quote and just :thunk: here.

*shrug* I'm not sold on solus being scum, but I will always, 100% vote for, and be happy to cuddle, someone that claims that they are scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Amnistar posted:

*shrug* I'm not sold on solus being scum, but I will always, 100% vote for, and be happy to cuddle, someone that claims that they are scum.

How do you think Solus will flip?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

did solus scum claim? I'll look eventually, but if he did, he's scum lol.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

hi i'm scum

i'm also good at fighting and have special abilities that make me even better at fighting if I choose correctly, preferably front row

also bif is scum with me

if you want to know the rest of the scumteam just ask, i'm happy to share

They posted this.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CCKeane posted:

How do you think Solus will flip?

Based on their posting so far, as scum.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I cannot think of any world in which I would believe seriously scumclaimed at the top of their first post

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Amnistar posted:

Based on their posting so far, as scum.

Amnistar posted:

What changed between these posts?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dragonatrix posted:

I cannot think of any world in which I would believe someone seriously scumclaimed at the top of their first post

Mafia edit

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Weak builder except for 1 skill. Very much a support role in combat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is most likely bullshit but it is extremely unhelpful bullshit.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CCKeane posted:

What changed between these posts?

Nothing? Maybe not sold means something different to you, but my use there was meant to convey a lack of 100% certainty.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

I cannot think of any world in which I would believe seriously scumclaimed at the top of their first post

And its wifom, but this opinion is why I will go after people that scumclaim.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

SolusLunes posted:

hi i'm scum

i'm also good at fighting and have special abilities that make me even better at fighting if I choose correctly, preferably front row

also bif is scum with me

if you want to know the rest of the scumteam just ask, i'm happy to share

Nope

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

man it's only three pages and people have quoted it multiple times

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lol

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Scumclaiming is a good way to get reactions from people early on in day 1, AA's reaction is really making me :thunk:

Why say you haven't read the post, if you're only going to comment about it, AND throw an alignment read on it?

(additionally there was a string of games where I ended up being the D1 lunch and I tried scumclaiming to avoid being the D1 lunch for once, it worked, and it's worked in every single game I've tried it in since)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

man it's only three pages and people have quoted it multiple times

Psssfffhhhthshfhhfbfbbfbbt, you should know I only click most recently posted without reading what came before. I live in perpetual present.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Psssfffhhhthshfhhfbfbbfbbt, you should know I only click most recently posted without reading what came before. I live in perpetual present.

Why? That seems incredibly idiotic.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

Scumclaiming is a good way to get reactions from people early on in day 1, AA's reaction is really making me :thunk:

Why say you haven't read the post, if you're only going to comment about it, AND throw an alignment read on it?

(additionally there was a string of games where I ended up being the D1 lunch and I tried scumclaiming to avoid being the D1 lunch for once, it worked, and it's worked in every single game I've tried it in since)

No, no no, you don't get to do this you, nerfherder.

You always scum claim and it's not a reaction thing, it's a "he-he, wouldn't it be funny to scum claim, because, oh-ho-ho, I'm scum" you do it everytime.

Source: I was just scum with you in Monster Hunter World, and you did this, just like the last time you were scum. You can't help but to tell on yourself. A compulsive confessor IRL.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Waiting for mod response on whether excess build is lost or carried over. Will make a big difference on approach.

common sense says nothing carries over. based on the OP, it seems like projects will be unique, and just have *types* that tie into our specialties. so it wouldnt make much sense for one "masonry" project to carry over into an entirely different "masonry" project

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hunt11 posted:

Why? That seems incredibly idiotic.

Mate, I'm the Goddess of the Idiots, the King of the Blind, The Architect of Willful Ignorance...

A bubbling, hideous, ooze that just memes what's hot until it's time to bust the case wide open, and that time is not now.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

No, no no, you don't get to do this you, nerfherder.

You always scum claim and it's not a reaction thing, it's a "he-he, wouldn't it be funny to scum claim, because, oh-ho-ho, I'm scum" you do it everytime.

Source: I was just scum with you in Monster Hunter World, and you did this, just like the last time you were scum. You can't help but to tell on yourself. A compulsive confessor IRL.

I absolutely did scumclaim in that game

it's not an alignment tell for me, but that doesn't mean I can't use people's reactions as a gauge for them

The fact that you're trying to immediately discount any reactions I get from it makes me think I was spot on

##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

I absolutely did scumclaim in that game

it's not an alignment tell for me, but that doesn't mean I can't use people's reactions as a gauge for them

The fact that you're trying to immediately discount any reactions I get from it makes me think I was spot on

##vote AA

Pffsfbfbfbbtbfbfbt!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I already got scum shook in this game too. My power level is too high.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Pffsfbfbfbbtbfbfbt!

I already got scum shook in this game too. My power level is too high.

:cmon:

is that all you got for a response

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

at least amni had the conviction to lay down a vote with their policy statement

alli just sauntered in with a weak "me too" that she could walk back if it became convenient

you're all up in here with this weak poo poo

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Idk about Solus, but this is town AA

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

SolusLunes posted:

at least amni had the conviction to lay down a vote with their policy statement

alli just sauntered in with a weak "me too" that she could walk back if it became convenient

you're all up in here with this weak poo poo

i'm not walking anything back, i've been saying "believe scumclaims" since as far back as i can remember lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm sincere, and I don't take the established meta read to be weak. I didn't even know you had scum claimed. I will say it's an easy thing for scum to :ironicat: too, but you do this with such frequency as scum, that you should make this overreaction to it is kind of telling.

It's like me saying... it's once again time to enter a world of survival horror or begging to be scum, it's kind of your game mantra, but that you should try to use it as a device to suss out scum during Joke Phase is kinda :eyepop: laughable

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I'm sincere, and I don't take the established meta read to be weak. I didn't even know you had scum claimed. I will say it's an easy thing for scum to :ironicat: too, but you do this with such frequency as scum, that you should make this overreaction to it is kind of telling.

It's like me saying... it's once again time to enter a world of survival horror or begging to be scum, it's kind of your game mantra, but that you should try to use it as a device to suss out scum during Joke Phase is kinda :eyepop: laughable

thus the whole thing seems like you overextending, playing too close to the flame.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

alli again posted:

i'm not walking anything back, i've been saying "believe scumclaims" since as far back as i can remember lol

nah, hadn't said you did, just said that you could

thus the whole thing seems like you overextending, playing too close to the flame.

never not go hard all day erry day

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

nah, hadn't said you did, just said that you could

never not go hard all day erry day

:hmmyes:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

common sense says nothing carries over. based on the OP, it seems like projects will be unique, and just have *types* that tie into our specialties. so it wouldnt make much sense for one "masonry" project to carry over into an entirely different "masonry" project

That's my theory, but waiting for mod confirmation.

If so, then we have to choose between effectively guaranteeing a powerup, or potentially gaining multiple power ups.

This, of course, ignores the risk of what scum not in combat can do to building projects

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Amnistar posted:

If so, then we have to choose between effectively guaranteeing a powerup, or potentially gaining multiple power ups.

This, of course, ignores the risk of what scum not in combat can do to building projects

I'm curious as to whether or not scum have outsized ability to sabotage projects, given that they're a smaller group by necessity. If scum can only sabotage as much as one person can build, there's no point to not optimally assigning people to multiple projects depending on specialties. If scum can sabotage more than one person can build, then it makes sense to try and force through building projects as overwhelmingly as possible.

But this is just setup spec.

Also, in the OP, scum can apparently choose to do nothing to a project they're working on instead of sabotaging it, so :shrug:

My personal preference would be to optimally assign people. I'm willing to bet one scum's sabotage ability is about on par with one town's building ability.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Amnistar posted:

Obviously we need the construction project list - give it to us!! - if just by going off the examples, my immediate thought is maybe masonry / walls as a rush to start off with? Then maybe branching out from there with basic protection in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

So let me back up the plan I'm advocating by sharing my stats:

I'm great at combat. Like, that's very obviously what I'm specced for, even though I don't know what armor does (and I've asked mithross for an explanation).

I'm terrible at most building. I'm okay at masonry and probably slightly more than okay at seer projects.