Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

also claiming is dumb as hell day one but also it's JokePhase,

Hey wait on that note I know we're waiting for more info but when is deadline, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Hey wait on that note I know we're waiting for more info but when is deadline, anyway?

The 13th.

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!
buffing the builder seems like it would pay really good dividends lategame and i think it'd be really good to get started on it now, personally - that said getting some details would, i agree, be helpful

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

regarding claiming, can you elaborate on this? like full roleclaims sure, but my feeling is that we need to give a little more information out in a soldiers game so that the builder has something to work with for strategy purposes

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Solus, can you give examples of games where you scum claimed as town?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mithross posted:

Keep in mind that your initial aptitude may not be very accurate.

Walworth reminding everyone before someone gets martyred for their day 1 claims vs results later in game.

I look like I'm poo poo at building by myself.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

alli again posted:

buffing the builder seems like it would pay really good dividends lategame and i think it'd be really good to get started on it now, personally - that said getting some details would, i agree, be helpful

regarding claiming, can you elaborate on this? like full roleclaims sure, but my feeling is that we need to give a little more information out in a soldiers game so that the builder has something to work with for strategy purposes

no that's a fair point. I mostly mean alignment/fullclaims. I'm waiting on clarification on something before I state where I fall re: combat/building. I either have a really neat combat capability if I'm reading it right or, if I'm not, it'd be a better ability for clutch play and not constant combats. Will update once I hear more. :v:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

CCKeane posted:

sure, give me a few moments to go through votefinder

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Can't quote on locked threads, so I'm going to share the # link for posts:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909229&userid=180474#post501405410 fate soldiers mafia

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903613&userid=180474#post499956832 vanilla fuckin mafia

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901280&userid=180474#post499216995 megurmans mafia

didn't in stalin mafia, surprisingly, but I was basically a cop so :shrug:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894185&userid=180474#post496919395 claimed king in assassin in the courts, which is a... slightly different ruleset, may fall under that kind of "scumclaim" category

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##unvote

Still think it is dumb but leaving a vote on someone that has done the dumb is also dumb.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Got confirmation from mod, progress is lost.

So if there is an upgrade we *need* might be worth swarming, though risks scum having a way to block all progress on a specific build.

I would say we should probably pick 2-3 projects, forcing a split in response from scum.

That's it from me on strategy talk till we get more information on projects.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

did solus scum claim? I'll look eventually, but if he did, he's scum lol.

This is a pretty lovely post.

##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

This is a pretty lovely post.

##vote AA

That's ironic you say that given your post to vote me is also fairly lovely.

:thunk:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

That's ironic you say that given your post to vote me is also fairly lovely.

:thunk:

Maybe, but I am reading the thread.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

Maybe, but I am reading the thread.

"I made a bad vote, but it's ok because I'm reading the thread and you aren't!"

Uh... what?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

"I made a bad vote, but it's ok because I'm reading the thread and you aren't!"

Uh... what?

##vote Amni

We must lock horns, You and I.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Your post is poo poo because you clearly arent really paying attention to the thread and just skimming posts and making inane comments.

My post might be poo poo, I have learned that most of my posts are poo poo, but I am actively trying to play the game right now, which makes your opinion matter pretty much not at all.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

Your post is poo poo because you clearly arent really paying attention to the thread and just skimming posts and making inane comments.

My post might be poo poo, I have learned that most of my posts are poo poo, but I am actively trying to play the game right now, which makes your opinion matter pretty much not at all.

Dude, dial it back, take a deep breath, it's day 1, jokephase.... so yah ofc I'm skimming and not getting too serious about the game right now.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Dude, dial it back, take a deep breath, it's day 1, jokephase.... so yah ofc I'm skimming and not getting too serious about the game right now.

If that came across as aggressive I apologize. I dont really like day 1 and jokephase so I push hard to get out of it as quickly as possible.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
No worries, my skin is thick like callused rhino hide, I just think you look worse for your eagerness to push a case to get out of Jokephase. These aren't the droids you're looking for, I'm afraid.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

No worries, my skin is thick like callused rhino hide, I just think you look worse for your eagerness to push a case to get out of Jokephase. These aren't the droids you're looking for, I'm afraid.

That's kinda my MO at this point. I push hard, people come after me and I look through those attacks to see who is legit and who is taling advantage of the situation.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

...but those WERE the droids they were looking for.

A SCUMSLIP?!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
punches AA again, then puts some sticks into a 2x4 as a handle and starts hitting the side of a cliff with it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

Good morning friends! I have twenty pages of Chaucer to read so I will check in again after class!

Anyway ##vote bif hello Bif :sun:

this is the meta vote you take away from last game? You fool!

##vo-

oh wait there's like 75 posts now gently caress, hold that thought

SolusLunes posted:

hi i'm scum

i'm also good at fighting and have special abilities that make me even better at fighting if I choose correctly, preferably front row

also bif is scum with me

if you want to know the rest of the scumteam just ask, i'm happy to share

awesome Solus is back to being town

alli again posted:

i'm with amni on this one; scumclaims should be treated as honest declarations

you don't mess with tradition!

did solus scum claim? I'll look eventually, but if he did, he's scum lol.

ok Amni and Alli prolly don't know the tradition but you sure should by now, mate. Having a lazy D1 are we? Looking for the lowest possible hanging fruit?

##vote AA

No, no no, you don't get to do this you, nerfherder.

You always scum claim and it's not a reaction thing, it's a "he-he, wouldn't it be funny to scum claim, because, oh-ho-ho, I'm scum" you do it everytime.

see, you DO know!

##vote Amni

We must lock horns, You and I.

ugh wait now he's making so many dug-in dumbvotes I'm starting to think maybe he's town after all

well let's wait and see what he does with my post

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

punches AA again, then puts some sticks into a 2x4 as a handle and starts hitting the side of a cliff with it

*you gain 10 anomalous goop*
"Ew! What is this stuff?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

##vo-

awesome Solus is back to being town

you don't mess with tradition!

ok Amni and Alli prolly don't know the tradition but you sure should by now, mate. Having a lazy D1 are we? Looking for the lowest possible hanging fruit?

##vote AA

see, you DO know!

ugh wait now he's making so many dug-in dumbvotes I'm starting to think maybe he's town after all

well let's wait and see what he does with my post

:rolleyes:

Classic Bif

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

##vo-

Just keepin you on your toes :ocelot:

##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bif is SCUM!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Sigh. This is super townie AA. If AA was being agreeable and actually looking like he was reading the thread then I would vote him in an instant, but this is his town meta.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MegaZeroX posted:

Sigh. This is super townie AA. If AA was being agreeable and actually looking like he was reading the thread then I would vote him in an instant, but this is his town meta.

Counterpoint: I have never known AA to read anything, as town or scum, in any capacity.

This looks like trying to clear someone you already knew is town.

##vote MegaZeroX

This is a serious vote, by the by.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

That being said, I'm susp of all the people hopping onto to AA. Feels like an easy thing for scum to quietly slip into. Amni and bif are susp since they are just tagging on for the ride, and if the other game is any indication Amni loves sitting on joke scum claims forever. Going to vote Amni for now.

##vote Amni

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Monathin posted:

Counterpoint: I have never known AA to read anything, as town or scum, in any capacity.

This looks like trying to clear someone you already knew is town.

##vote MegaZeroX

This is a serious vote, by the by.

The only scum game I have reference for is AA being SK in VTuber mafia, and I remember him looking like he actually read the thread there. He was also super agreeable, but as my second game with them I didn't realize how out of the ordinary it was.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

[extremely max voice] OK

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

MegaZeroX posted:

That being said, I'm susp of all the people hopping onto to AA. Feels like an easy thing for scum to quietly slip into. Amni and bif are susp since they are just tagging on for the ride, and if the other game is any indication Amni loves sitting on joke scum claims forever. Going to vote Amni for now.

##vote Amni

See, putting myself out there can get reactions that give a lot of info.

Like mega not reading my posts in depth!

Mega is probably scum. And I can see them being scum with AA

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Why would you try to make a meta "town call" on someone you had little experience in playing with? I have a town read of AA, but having such a big to-do about 'oh, this is town AA' strikes me as scummy, performative behavior from the jump.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

MegaZeroX posted:

I'm very suspicious of anyone having a very strong town read of anyone this early in the game. And even if you, for some reason do, by way of something like a n0 cop (pls don't claim if it is a n0 cop), why would you come out to bat for someone this quickly, instead of watching to see who seems to be arguing without genuinely casing? I don't get it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

innnteresting

##unvote

I like where you're going with this Mona, being able to comprehend AA's meta is already a pretty hard task for me and here comes Mega thinking he knows it like the back of his hand already?

##vote Mega

MegaZeroX posted:

##vote Amni

yup not liking this either

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mega, be honest, are you a jester?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Monathin posted:

Why would you try to make a meta "town call" on someone you had little experience in playing with? I have a town read of AA, but having such a big to-do about 'oh, this is town AA' strikes me as scummy, performative behavior from the jump.

I've literally never been in a mafia game without AA. They are the strongest person I can actually read.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

For the record, this is my 5th/6th mafia game on SA. The slash is because it is simultaneous with Toal's game right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MegaZeroX posted:

I've literally never been in a mafia game without AA. They are the strongest person I can actually read.

MegaZeroX posted:

The only scum game I have reference for is AA being SK in VTuber mafia, and I remember him looking like he actually read the thread there. He was also super agreeable, but as my second game with them I didn't realize how out of the ordinary it was.

Again, but with greater intensity: :thunk: