Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Initial reason was calling out merk for hypocrisy when merk had been making alignment calls that samdwolf clearly isnt paying enough attention to the game to remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MegaZeroX posted:

People I would happily vote for:

Ice Phoenix - because of the reasons I have already mentioned
George - For the lovely case
Amni - For just reading the lovely case and thinking "this is good poo poo"
AA - For legit acting scummy. Well, scummy for AA
Leith - For doing a combination of hopping onto an attractive vote, then just lurking there and not contributing

People I would less happily vote for:
Hum - feels a little scummier than their town game to me, but I've literally seen 3 scum Hums and only 1 town Hums, but I get the same vibes as Fate Mafia
The rest of the lurkers

People I would only vote for to avoid NL:
The rest

I thought you said I was townie?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

Initial reason was calling out merk for hypocrisy when merk had been making alignment calls that samdwolf clearly isnt paying enough attention to the game to remember.

A Sandwolf vote is a good vote today, but I also like his GK case. It's a tough spot.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 0

Anomalous Amalgam (3): merk, merk, George Kansas, Mr. Steak, MegaZeroX, Hunt11, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (3): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, GulagDolls, IcePhoenix
Sandwolf (2): merk, merk, Amnistar, merk, b-minus1, merk, merk, merk
IcePhoenix (2): Mr. Humalong, dmboogie
George Kansas (2): Sandwolf, merk
b-minus1 (1): Dragonatrix, Dragonatrix, Mr. Humalong, Ruggan, Mr. Humalong
GulagDolls (1): Mr. Steak, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Steak
Mr. Humalong (0): merk, merk, merk, merk
MegaZeroX (0): Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam, Sandwolf, Leith Maclaine, Dragonatrix, Anomalous Amalgam, Sandwolf, Dragonatrix, Amnistar, Leith Maclaine
Amnistar (0): b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam
Hal Incandenza (0): Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Ruggan (0): Hunt11, b-minus1, Mr. Steak, b-minus1, Mr. Steak, Hunt11
Hunt11 (0): merk, merk
Eat The Rich (0): Dragonatrix, Dragonatrix
Leith Maclaine (0): GulagDolls, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, dmboogie, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, dmboogie
merk (0): Mr. Steak, Ruggan, Mr. Steak, Ruggan
Dragonatrix (0): GulagDolls, Sandwolf, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, MegaZeroX, Sandwolf

Not Voting (6): Dragonatrix, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 11th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 3 minutes.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

merk posted:

I thought you said I was townie?

Yeah I think you are a townie. Notice that in my list I would only vote you to avoid NL

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, I misunderstood. Hum is in your 'kind of scummy' category. I thought that was a 'townie' category.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

merk posted:

Oh, I misunderstood. Hum is in your 'kind of scummy' category. I thought that was a 'townie' category.

Nah, my category is "good votes", "meh votes" and "bad votes"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I feel like out of everyone with a reasonable chance of getting lunched today, George is one I like the best. He had one flurry of no/low content posts, dropping a vote on AA before immediately turning around and saying he totally would vote for Sandwolf like two posts later.

IcePhoenix is my second pick of the lot, since he had a lot of nothing posts, before opting to actively not participate as a joke (whatever that means). When asked for something of substance, he gave a very soft counterclaim to Steak and then just kinda doubled down on bad posting afterwards.

ETR was my favorite pick, of course, but that particular horse is dead either way. Out of everyone else, I do like Leith the most for lunch, since he's just generally not been that helpful, off-handedly doubled down on his bad takes in a way that makes acknowledging them at all look bad, attempted to redirect the conversation when he was under fire and then made the softest possible non-claim that I have to question why he even bothered.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
These people acting like my day 1 play has literally been hissing and spitting. Bad votes. Fake news.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Didn't you defend your actions as trying to get on the winning side of things?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

These people acting like my day 1 play has literally been hissing and spitting. Bad votes. Fake news.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Cult games are biased towards cult victory unless the cult gets caught early on, so I wanna be on the winning side. A game this size with a cult, it's unlikely the cult recruiter gets aced n1, and knowing toal, despite this being a lower powered game from what I can tell, probably has some immunity to being NK'd right away themselves.

Don't know if it's cult + scum + 3p (sk/ or hunter) or if it cult + (3p hunter/ or sk) only, but I assume it's one of these two set ups or close to it.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Going to hop on George for now, since they have been on my list for a while, and I'm starting to feel them over AA.

##vote George

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gulag shoot me tonight

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like "not participating" implies that I wasn't reading the thread either.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like "not participating" implies that I wasn't reading the thread either.

Generally if they aren't posting, it feels pretty safe to infer they aren't reading either

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gulag shoot me tonight

Going by what was said about the role you will have a long time to wait before they could do that.

Also the case between GK and IP it is a choice between a short burst of concentrated activity before vanishing and a much more low key posting efforts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MegaZeroX posted:

Generally if they aren't posting, it feels pretty safe to infer they aren't reading either

true but I was pretty clearly reading the thread enough to see when someone would ask me why I wasn't posting :v:

anyway I still like my steak vote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

yah, that was offering insight into cult games for the uninitiated and town at large so they could conk sense back into their heads.

We have no information to work with at the moment.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Eh, maybe. That's kind of an irrelevant point, if anything, though. Just reading the thread doesn't add any benefit in and of itself. Especially since you basically admitted to effectively doing so just to see how long it took you to get called out for not posting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dragonatrix posted:

Eh, maybe. That's kind of an irrelevant point, if anything, though. Just reading the thread doesn't add any benefit in and of itself. Especially since you basically admitted to effectively doing so just to see how long it took you to get called out for not posting.

Is he town or scum for playing that way?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

merk posted:

Is he town or scum for playing that way?

Definitely leans closer to scum; out of everyone that right now seems likely to get lunched I did put him as my 2nd pick for that reason. When called on it "personal amusement" is such a non-response that straight up doesn't help. Then coupled with "ah but I was reading the thread you see!" it makes it even scummier.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dragonatrix posted:

When called on it "personal amusement" is such a non-response that straight up doesn't help.

What kind of response to "why were you intentionally not posting" wouldn't be scummy, in your opinion?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

What kind of response to "why were you intentionally not posting" wouldn't be scummy, in your opinion?

Once you've admitted to intentionally not posting you've already painted yourself into a corner, really. There's a big ol' difference between being unable to post for whatever reason and explicitly making a conscious decision to not post at all. At that point, you're actively committing yourself to being unhelpful.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I will be able to comment more in about 3 hours Mega. I am currently reading the thread but not able to respond thoughtfully. I did say that if town lunched me, it would not affect things much but it seems the pressure is off of me since then. Responses to others in a bit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dragonatrix posted:

Once you've admitted to intentionally not posting you've already painted yourself into a corner, really. There's a big ol' difference between being unable to post for whatever reason and explicitly making a conscious decision to not post at all. At that point, you're actively committing yourself to being unhelpful.

I'm being very helpful! I already caught mr steak for you!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hunt11 posted:

It is annoying when people correctly call me out for playing badly so here are a couple reads.

Sand: As merk called out it is the same issue of not really adding much. I am leaning town but hard to be sure.

AA: Still don't like the poo poo they have posted as it unhelpful but would go to them being lovely town then anything else.

Steak: This is easily my most unhelpful read but I want to see what they are doing latter today before I feel somewhat confidant about their alignment and role.

Going with a tentative Steak vote.

I'd vote the hell out of hunt for this post.

I'm also really thrown by Amni's insisting on his bad case on me that he didn't update despite me continually posting things.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I'd vote the hell out of hunt for this post.

I'm also really thrown by Amni's insisting on his bad case on me that he didn't update despite me continually posting things.

Yeah I think Amni's case was ok at the time but I think it's weird he keeps pushing you without revisiting his reasons.

I am good with ##vote George Kansas atm, did the scummy "pop in and look like you are doing something then peace out" move today.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm with you all the way buddy!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Lol

But yeah basically in summation, George popping in with his "look at how town I am! Goodbye!" is still fundamentally scummier, at present, since you did at least post something potentially useful after some prompting. That just muddies stuff up with a smokescreen, which, for better or worse, I just kinda like less overall this early.

After looking over his posts again to make doubly sure I didn't miss anything, unless something changes in the next 3-ish hours, I'm almost certainly sticking with ##vote George Kansas at this point

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

That just muddies stuff up with a smokescreen

Referring to George's poo poo here, specifically. Shoulda been clearer there.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Out of the two votes with any momentum I feel better about voting for GK then Steak.

##vote George Kansas

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##votw GK

To prevent a NL

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

...##vote GK

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote GK

I'll try harder tomorrow

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

that's a lot of quick votes more than three hours before deadline

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Votecount for Day 0

George Kansas (8): Sandwolf, merk, MegaZeroX, Hal Incandenza, Dragonatrix, Hunt11, Amnistar, Nep-Nep
Mr. Steak (2): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, GulagDolls, IcePhoenix, Nep-Nep
IcePhoenix (2): Mr. Humalong, dmboogie
Sandwolf (1): merk, merk, Amnistar, merk, b-minus1, merk, merk, merk, Amnistar
Anomalous Amalgam (1): merk, merk, George Kansas, Mr. Steak, MegaZeroX, Hunt11, Mr. Steak, MegaZeroX, Hunt11
b-minus1 (1): Dragonatrix, Dragonatrix, Mr. Humalong, Ruggan, Mr. Humalong
GulagDolls (1): Mr. Steak, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Steak
Mr. Humalong (0): merk, merk, merk, merk
MegaZeroX (0): Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam, Sandwolf, Leith Maclaine, Dragonatrix, Anomalous Amalgam, Sandwolf, Dragonatrix, Amnistar, Leith Maclaine
Amnistar (0): b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam
Hal Incandenza (0): Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Ruggan (0): Hunt11, b-minus1, Mr. Steak, b-minus1, Mr. Steak, Hunt11
Hunt11 (0): merk, merk
Eat The Rich (0): Dragonatrix, Dragonatrix
Leith Maclaine (0): GulagDolls, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, dmboogie, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, dmboogie
merk (0): Mr. Steak, Ruggan, Mr. Steak, Ruggan
Dragonatrix (0): GulagDolls, Sandwolf, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, MegaZeroX, Sandwolf

Not Voting (4): Eat The Rich, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 11th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 23 minutes.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

anyways i'm gonna be in my WoW raid at deadline so i'll throw my vote down too

##vote George Kansas

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

so we're -2 right now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

that's a lot of quick votes more than three hours before deadline

A little better than a mad scramble at deadline to find 11 votes though.

Noted badguy steak has yet to put his vote anywhere I am noting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

A little better than a mad scramble at deadline to find 11 votes though.

Noted badguy steak has yet to put his vote anywhere I am noting

I mean he threw his vote all over the place earlier in the day, just suspiciously on no one late in the day