Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

There is nothing remotely interesting on shining a light on a loving moron like Cornette except hey look at that loving moron over there.

I'm not saying you're wrong with this statement but I will say you're the last person that needs to come in here calling someone a loving moron for being hateful, racist or anything else

The fact that you can even still post here after your transphobic and racist poo poo somehow probably means you should stay really fuckin' far away from this kind of discussion lest you be a huge goddamn hypocrite with every post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think it's funny that if Cornette's screwjob story is true, he's responsible for the final nail in the kayfabe coffin and for basically all the worked shoot poo poo that came after that he "hates".

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Listening to JCE so nobody else has to. Will post transcribed highlights.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Both host where sick. Boo hoo.
Jim lost 11lbs in 10 days.
Just noticed this is a two and a half hour show, gently caress.
Jim teases they may be dying, sadly only a tease as it seems like he's getting better.
Jim says PWInsider have a grip on things and understand how the internet works.
Executives are paid too much in relation to the wrestlers.

Watching Cedric Alexander vs ACH as I listen, it ain't half bad, but the camera work on this roh show sucks.

"Publicly traded wrestling companies gently caress gently caress"
"Wrestling should never be publicly traded cause then you can't offend anybody then where ya at?"

Uh now Mike Bennett is getting a lapdannce and raising the roof as adam cole watches

"Last time I thought about it I was still in good graces with liver lip Lagana" says Lagana thought NWA would end up on wwe network.

Now a Male stripper is dancing in boxers, this is fun.

God drat Jim drones on, I only listen out of habit, it's like keeping tabs on an ex.

Maria is now stripping and dancing on a woman as everyone watches AWW MIKE BENNETT PUT A STOP TO IT, YOU DORK.

Cornette is telling his story of Crockett cup, he produced two matches.
Dave pitched powerrr to Jim by saying it'd possibly be on the network, Jim in his 80s way, "do you really think the wwf would put an nwa show on their network"

Time for Rhyno vs a Briscoe

Jim says he didn't even negotiate because he knew they had no resources, just said gimme 2500 and hotel
"Ol liver lip gets blow back from the cosplay wrestlers on Twitter cause I made a joke" "I answered the phone popeyes chicken when he called" "he wants to bury me because he has no balls and he made a mistake".
Last says "I warned you he's(Lagana) a weasel way before the chicken joke" last then BURRIES Lagana. "Dave Lagana does all the work". Last is just loving burying him as a no good talentless hack basically.
"Who gives a gently caress about loving football"
Jim is doing some ad for mental health help, doesn't seem like the best advocate.
Impeachment poo poo, Mitt Romney had courage and morals for being truthful about trump, uses time to insult mormons right before putting over Mitt.
"I equate myself with Mitt Romney now". "I AM THE MITT ROMNEY OF WRESTLING THE ONLY ONE WITH ANY INTEGRITY"

that's the first half hour, will post more later.

Now watching a 2017 GCW show, Nick Gage is god.

Jim is only doing one wrestling event this year. It'll be his second to last ever. He's doing it to get a 5th decade he's worked in. He'll do one more in 2022 so he gets 40 years. I smell carny bullshit. "I'm sick and tired of having to vet any booking offer".

I should add I'm on crutches and can't do poo poo so that's why I have the time to do this, probably won't do it ever again.

"That was the night we had the water balloon fight in the hotel" they hit a grand piano next to Sid.
Hyping some CBD poo poo.
Jim says he went after Dave because Dave has been elbowing him for months and giving pot shots, it was a culmination of poo poo. Says NAMBLA gets over to their Audience so saying dick flip gets over to it's audience is bullshit. Jim told off Dave when he wrote the "obituary" over the Chicken joke in private. Cornette said is "kid abusing" "wether it's a work or not" "just because some god drat Japanese people have some fetish with school children". "I SWEAR TO GOD LET ME *breathes in breathes out*" this was before discussing how Dave called one of Jim's 80s tag guys the nick Jackson of his generation.
Jim reads an email from someone saying Dave is on the autism spectrum from a guy saying he is married to a woman with asperger's and has worked with people with autism for 2 decades. The guy actually wrote a will thought out letter, but it's just kinda weird and I don't agree with all of it, too much to write out. Worth a listen if/when it's put on YouTube. Cornette says he's never known Dave to be rude so Dave on Twitter is strange. Says bucks are more popular with THAT audience then Omega."oh he went for a move he did 7 months ago in Japan, what psychology" "he leaves out the word in my opinion"- Last. No poo poo fuckhead most people don't need to state it's their opinion everytime they say an opinion.
That's 30 minutes. posting, will edit with the next 30 minutes.

Watching Hana Kimura vs Bea Priestly

Jim makes fun of wrestling being all inclusive. Olivia should have had his legs broken.

TOKYO CYBER SQUAD!

"I can afford to be out of touch" "I loving hate your loving guts" - Jim on Omega "so you can scrub the god drat floors in the peep show room where you probably met Riho" Brian "if Jim breathes I laugh" Last says Omega is a loving idiot. Says current day people aren't draws because he was on shows with higher ratings then everything combined.
"All elite wrestling is like ring of honor in 2012 they have a small audience who wants goofy poo poo, but to draw money you can't do the goofy poo poo"
"As someone's who's 40 years old" - Brian last who is long past the 18-34 demo. Jim compares fans to NAMBLA again. he's a living south park skirt. Jim says AEW kicked the poo poo out of NXT this week.
Last edit will be recapping the show recaps.

Jim was happy everyone on AEW was over 18. Ffs he's on about some 80s angle with an underaged person, just review the loving shows, Jim doesn't like the JEEEEEYUNNNNNNN MOOOOXXXXLEEEEEE call, gently caress you rear end in a top hat, most offensive thing to me all show. Things Ortiz and Santana need gear "it's street clothes sloppy and not like the gangstas who at least looked how they should look" says there was nothing wrong with mox vs ortiz at all. Says Mox Omega looked like poo poo and mox buried himself in the process. feels sorry for Trent having to carry best friends. Thinks Scorpio can become a big star. Nobody knows who to cheer or boo. If they try to let Orange do his thing for more then 15 seconds they know everyone will turn off. Scorpio was the star of the show. Taz and MJF where really good. Yuka time... I might lose it here. "Yuki sakiwhothefuck" gently caress you, you racist poo poo head. "Sloppy bullshit from outlaw Japanese promotions" talks about soiled panty vending machines. "She just an Olivia fetish". Last says "AEW did not need a women's division. Says the talent isn't there and not over. Last thinks they should cut bait on Dark Order and Jim still has a grudge about fans enjoying Super Smash Bros. Hates the 8 man. Heels stuff on faces was more spectacular then the other way around. "Another rule of wrestling is if you get tagged in you have to make contact with an opponent before you can tag out, everyone knows that. I've watched since I was 1 and have NEVER heard that. "Somebody on the spectrum like unca Dave". Jim thinks Riho should have run away. Keeps referring to Riho as "little girl". Only 25 minutes left and no nxt yet. "Can somebody help Jelly Nutella with his constipation?" Last LOSES IT laughing. Cornette says Janela won via rollup, pretty sure he lost, I could be wrong. is really high on MJF and cody poo poo. Says MJF will make millions in the WWE unless one of these untrained goofs injures him. "Should have got a whippin strap" under 20 minutes and still not onto nxt, poor nxt getting shafted.

Tweet notification from Allie Kat where she states "I'm a top".

Jim is now telling clash of champions stories, nxt bout to get 3 minutes. Brandi has no credibility so it wasn't as good as her coming out could have been. Last didn't like Wardlow running off. 11 minutes and he's on about territories again. "I wish he'd of called me cause I would have told him how to do it better" says throwing MJF in the pool set him back.

Aside from UE Pete Dunne Riddle Charlotte Rhea "this was just a bunch of poo poo I didn't wanna see this week with a bunch of people I didn't wanna see doing it"
Says Bianca made seg too crowded and Rhea Rhea Bianca team up was flat. "The only thing I didn't like, here comes velvateen dream what the gently caress? Some wild sloppy bullshit cleared the ring all by himself I thought that was as rotten as a green apple" idk I like green apples. "I like finn balor but Johnny Johnny Gargano, no I'm sorry". Both men big on Kyle O'Reilly. one time Davey Richards said about Canadian Kyle O'Reilly online to the world "here's a guy so dedicated he's here and doesn't even have papers". Roh thought Davey was the next Dynamite Kid.

He was racist, he was an rear end in a top hat, he was obsessed with the 80s. He diagnosed a man with Autism. He was a living south park joke, he was Jim Cornette. thats it for the one and only time I will ever do this.

Yukaichiban fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 9, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yukaichiban posted:

but to draw money you can't do the goofy poo poo"

I know you're just quoting them so obviously this isn't aimed at you, but the show is profitable :lol:

I shouldn't be surprised, but he's literally complaining angrily about how they aren't going to be able to achieve the thing they've already achieved.

Yukaichiban posted:

"Wrestling should never be publicly traded cause then you can't offend anybody then where ya at?"

A pure example of somebody being right (the first half) for exactly the wrong reasons (the second half).

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah you really don't need to recap his show and you definitely shouldn't waste hours of your short time on earth listening to him

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Every piece of poo poo going is a mental health advocate because they mistake guilt for depression.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah you really don't need to recap his show and you definitely shouldn't waste hours of your short time on earth listening to him

I'm the type of person who loves watching a trainwreck. I also watch most teddy hart blogs. One of my favorite matches last year was Undertaker vs goldberg. I enjoy watching the world burn and suck almost more then I enjoy the "good" stuff.

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

coconono posted:

He’s doing a bit. It’s a very sad bit but it’s a bit.

10 million people didn’t turn it to watch Crockett each week to see Cornette or his posse of sexual deviants. They wanted to see Dusty and Flair do the cool stuff.

I did

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Yukaichiban posted:

I'm the type of person who loves watching a trainwreck. I also watch most teddy hart blogs. One of my favorite matches last year was Undertaker vs goldberg. I enjoy watching the world burn and suck almost more then I enjoy the "good" stuff.

I tried hate-listening to Corny a couple weeks ago and fell asleep almost instantly. My brain realized the immanent danger I was in and slammed the 'Off' button

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

No here it is but it's coco

coco we need context is this fucker dying or not

gnarly cough and noticable increase to his usual raspiness. He's either taken up smoking or his lungs are starting to heave.

I gave up on the Teddy Hart vlogs when it became clear I was watching someone else's codependent relationship.

coconono fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 10, 2020

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I tried hate-listening to Corny a couple weeks ago and fell asleep almost instantly. My brain realized the immanent danger I was in and slammed the 'Off' button

I also powered through this one because I strongly dislike both Dave and Jim so watching that friendship crumble has been entertaining as gently caress. I mean dude just diagnosed his old friend of 30 years with autism live on air via someone else's email.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

his lungs are starting to heave.

We can hope but only the good die young or whatever so he'll outlive all of us and continue to be king turd on the top of his poo poo mountain

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

We can hope but only the good die young or whatever so he'll outlive all of us and continue to be king turd on the top of his poo poo mountain

nah given the way things are going in america, he'll end up getting shot, ironically enough, by a ricochet.

but he did sound rough. A lot more angered wheezing in the Big Shouty Part that Jim's really good at. Except he's liberally applying slurs now.

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 10, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I imagine liberally applying slurs has never stopped being a part of his daily life

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

nah it felt more like the time he said real mean poo poo about Muslims to get a rise out of his mentally ill co-worker that his usual "gently caress you guy in traffic, I hate your guts" stuff that he fills his podcasts with.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I wish Jim Cornette would slip on a big oily poo poo and fall in it.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
what "potshots" is jim even loving talking about? Dave has been polite and defensive on twitter for Jim forever

does he honestly believe Dave's general tweets about people being out of touch are specifically targeted towards him?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

what "potshots" is jim even loving talking about? Dave has been polite and defensive on twitter for Jim forever

does he honestly believe Dave's general tweets about people being out of touch are specifically targeted towards him?

Do you really need to ask?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

I wish Jim Cornette would slip on a big oily poo poo and fall in it.

I hope someone pulls one of those septic trucks up to his house and fills his precious attic of videotapes with liquid poo poo.

Just Jim flailing around his lawn all "noooo my best Condrys!"

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Meltzer at WrestlingClassics.com in their thread about him and Corny: http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=161213;p=2#000046

What a crazy series of takes.

Cornette kept proclaiming AEW would be out of business by the end of February. He said NXT would kill them in the ratings in the long run. Instead, except when Vince threw Rollins and Lynch and Drew and AJ and even won once, the gap has this year grown wider, in particular with the under 49 crowd.

They double them with teens and nearly double them in most under 50 demos. AEW doesn't appeal well at all over 50, which I learned very quickly, and so be it, in this environment where the key is 18-49 demo for advertisers and rights, that's oky.

I kept writing, using market values for television rights, that not only would they not be out of business, but their next contract would make them profitable in two years.

Cornette had three years to go crazy about how stupid they are, how none of those guys can draw, they don't know how to work, Tony is a money mark (a man with a business plan that looked smart from day one, and connections with TNT was a money mark because Cornette has no concept of modern business reality) because of the three-year deal in place where they would have mixed financial success.

Then the worst thing happened. The show was so successful that TNT ripped up the first contract 32 months early to sign a far more lucrative deal. Cornette's three years of time to say how stupid they were ended early.

Whether you like the product or not, as a business, AEW was a success wit the fans, and with the network they were in. They are making money a year ahead of projections.

Cornette was so sure this couldn't work even when it was clear it was working, because he had lost touch with the modern fan base, that he short circuited.

What people here fail to realize is that it doesn't matter what I like, or he likes, or anyone else likes when you look at it as a business.

As a fan, you can like whatever you want. he crossed over and wasn't talking as a fan but talking as someone looking at a business, and despite the facts of television values staring him in the face, he kept doubling down and digging the hole deeper.

His insane hatred for Kenny Omega ruined him. It was a sad thing.

To frame this as you agree with Cornette is fine about your taste in wrestling, that's subjective.

But I was never writing about that. I was writing about the viability of this as a business and how well it is appealing to a younger fan base.

They did 111,000 buys with no television for their first PPV. They've sold out six major arenas in less than 40 minutes. The head of MGM Grand told ESPN that the ticket demand for their show was like a Mayweather or McGregor fight. Chicago in September had a ticket demand equal to that of GSP vs. Jake Shields according to ticket industry because of 62,500 different individuals in the queque trying to get tickets that sold out in 10 minutes.

Yes, some weeks are so-so, and last week they drew their first crowd under 3,000. It's the wrestling business--but overall they averaged more than 6,200 per event in 2019 and averaged 100,000 PPV buys per show in 2019.

There's stuff I like and stuff I've absolutely hated in AEW. People who listen know that, but I'm talking business here and would be a fool to say they've hit mostly home runs, had a few strikeouts, and have changed the face and pay structure of the industry in a good way.

At the end of the day, they are people far smarter than Cornette on modern wrestling, far more up to speed and living in the present. If they were Cornette, this thig would have died just like ROH struggling to draw 400 with Cornette and then doing triple that when the Young Bucks got hot and he was long gone.

Instead of addressing facts because they don't line up with his preconceived notion, he'll start calling me gay or senile or whatever. It's not a fight or a feud, it's a guy who short circuited because he was so certain about something he was so wrong on, that all the evidence was there telling him he was wrong on, and he dug his heels in more and more each time.

I was so hoping when the TV deal was signed that he would at least admit that they succeeded and the industry had a real alternative. Instead, it got him so mad that this was the result.

Honestly, I feel sorry for those of you who can't see this.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

get dave to narrate that so someone can play it over top of the instrumental for Ether

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidbix posted:

Meltzer: Honestly, I feel sorry for those of you who can't see this.

Big Dave kissing two fingers, dropping the mic, and walking off stage.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This gets to the core of what I think has happened with AEW and why it's made Cornette etc furious.

It's very quickly become normal.

I think a lot of people were expecting the ratings to be a rollercoaster, with NXT winning some weeks, AEW winning others, and significant variation in the ratings each show was getting. This would let them build a variety of narratives around the subject of AEW failing. And for a little bit of last year we got that, especially between November and the start of January. However from January 6 onwards we have had a situation where every week NXT scores in the seven hundred thousands, and every week AEW scores in the eight or nine hundred thousands. The ratings have become, bluntly speaking, boring. AEW getting their contract renewed ahead of schedule is a sign that they've just slotted into the TV landscape. They've shown there's a mainstream spot for non-WWE wrestling and they've filled it.

And this drives Cornette spare. Because he spent significant chunks of his later life as a promoter either trying to fill this slot, or when he failed to do so arguing that there was no slot to be filled. And then a bunch of guys he dislikes just... did it. His choices at this point are either to feel incredibly embarrassed or incredibly angry. or both.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cornette's gotten everything wrong in the last 30 years on what draws and what doesn't so its not like you should be expecting expert analysis here.

Yeah I chuckled at the old man yelling poo poo. I had to draw the line when he started calling people pedophiles tho. A little loving decorum, please.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's an old man upset that the world he thought depended on him has moved on without him.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jim Cornette is a walking talking embodiment of the Abraham Simpson "With it" quote.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Jim Cornette Experience - he'll start calling me gay or senile or whatever

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The fact that there are still people in that very thread and, obviously, elsewhere trying to push the narrative that Kenny and the Bucks are spot monkeys that don't sell etc is both absurd and should be a neon sign that you don't have to pay any attention to those people. Just lol and walk away because there's no point in wasting your time with them.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I'm not even gonna lie, that part of the quote has been cracking me up all day. Jim Cornette is a mid-2000s GBS poster.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

The fact that there are still people in that very thread and, obviously, elsewhere trying to push the narrative that Kenny and the Bucks are spot monkeys that don't sell etc is both absurd and should be a neon sign that you don't have to pay any attention to those people. Just lol and walk away because there's no point in wasting your time with them.

One of my favorite spots from the bucks is how Matt is perpetually recovering from a hurt back. One night after a wrestle kingdom him and another wrestler kept hurting their backs, looked at each other and each decided to peace out because they were selling their backs so hard.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Spikegal posted:

One of my favorite spots from the bucks is how Matt is perpetually recovering from a hurt back. One night after a wrestle kingdom him and another wrestler kept hurting their backs, looked at each other and each decided to peace out because they were selling their backs so hard.

That's less a spot and more his real actual life

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

At least be honest about the bucks. They work pretty much the same match every time and if you weren’t on board the first time you saw it, subsequent matches won’t hold water.

The bucks are best when they’re forced to wrestle differently which unlike a bunch of OVW/WWE teams, they can do stuff on the fly that’s pretty sick.

Ignoring how good Kenny Omega is, that’s willfully ignorant. Dude makes wrestling look easy. The only thing you can hold against him is looking like Tom Zenk’s son.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

At least be honest about the bucks. They work pretty much the same match every time and if you weren’t on board the first time you saw it, subsequent matches won’t hold water.

The bucks are best when they’re forced to wrestle differently which unlike a bunch of OVW/WWE teams, they can do stuff on the fly that’s pretty sick.

Yeah the Bucks are absolutely spot monkeys with inconsistent psychology but they've also gotten really, really far doing that so of course they're not gonna stop. Plus they're really good at it so their matches are fun.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I'm personally not really a fan of Kenny Omega, but trying to claim he isn't a great wrestler is just ridiculous. Jim's hatred of him started because he didn't do an ROH show to wrestle in Japan (which didn't even happen) and he's just had to make up poo poo since then to justify hating someone who "wronged" him. Even his positive traits (athleticism, in-ring charisma) are filtered through Cornette's dumbfuck hatred glasses to become negatives

He is genuinely incapable of saying ANYTHING nice about him. Non-crazy people are capable of acknowledging the positive traits of the thing they hate.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, there are a bunch of reasons to legitimately not like the Bucks or Kenny and not being able to make honest complaints just shows how disingenuous they are. The Bucks really do only wrestle one match. Kenny is a huge drama queen and has some strong "looks at his dangerous hands" energy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also the bucks are SoCal conservatives

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, there are a bunch of reasons to legitimately not like the Bucks or Kenny and not being able to make honest complaints just shows how disingenuous they are. The Bucks really do only wrestle one match. Kenny is a huge drama queen and has some strong "looks at his dangerous hands" energy.

Saying the Bucks only wrestle one match really makes it sound like you don't watch the Bucks. The Bucks vs the Golden Lovers is so different from a Bucks match just a year prior and they wrestle differently now than during that stretch of 2018.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

good as hell thread title right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1227646813714485249

i would encourage everyone to report jim for targeted harassment. he's genuinely gone off the deep end.