Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Mega, I feel like you got pretty into mechanics chat last game we played together, but I don't get the sense that you're as interested in doing that here. Is there a reason for this?

I know the reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

King Burgundy posted:

I know the reason.

:hmmyes:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I thought being willing to share who else was in scumdoc was Solus' bit

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought being willing to share who else was in scumdoc was Solus' bit

Kind of disappointed nobody took me up on that offer

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Looking more at other folks in general, binus is especially jumping out to me right now. He has a decent-ish number of posts (well, more than me at least :v:), so he looks actively but they're all fairly low-effort at best. Jokephase stuff is, well, jokephase stuff so I'm not gonna look critically too hard there unless given a reason to. More telling is that his contribution to mechanicschat is that he is bad at Literally Everything. A point he reiterated a few times just so we'd really know that he's totally useless, no really:

b-minus1 posted:

I am useless in literally every aspect of this game lol.

b-minus1 posted:

My stats are terrible across the board. I don’t mind going into battle to be cannon fodder or building or whatever but don’t expect me to accomplish much.

b-minus1 posted:

I am an idiot that can’t read. Please to not put me in battle. Lol.

Not really a great look there, but that's fine. What about scumhunting? Well, I must admit he's taken the bold tack of giving Town reads and nothing else;

b-minus1 posted:

Amnistar is my top town read

b-minus1 posted:

Also my gut says solus and aa are town

I'm genuinely not sure I've ever seen anyone do that before. Not to mention that as of barely an hour ago...

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t have a scum read on anyone atm. That will change eventually

...Oh. Not even a little idea of who's scum? At all?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Trying to do some work on the app isn't great. :v:

Gonna put a soft vote on ##vote KB for the moment. While I think that poking and scunhunting in mostly mechanical chat probably isn't an awful idea, I hesitate because I think there's a slightly higher chance the builder might be there. That said, I feel KB is in the category at the moment right above that category - mostly mechanical chat with some degree of effort to be helpful - almost seems like the sweet spot to aim for. I also disagree a smidge with the read on Mega at the moment, but I admit to needing to poke into that a little more as well.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Charms is new and has not established a meta but he has been damned effective in Europe mafia as the sk. A lot of lurking there so it is a no tell.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Leith Maclaine posted:

Charms is new and has not established a meta but he has been damned effective in Europe mafia as the sk. A lot of lurking there so it is a no tell.

Dont talk about ongoing games.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
AA, what are your thoughts on Mega?

Mega, who are your top suspects besides Amni? Why?

Anyway since solus is...still not being judged the way I judged him, ##vote binus

I do not like this active lurking/showing up for jokes and mechanics but not the mafia game thing

Binus, what do you think of the AA/Solus/Amni/Mega group, and the various arguments within it?

Oh and for spreadsheet purposes I’m terrible regardless of placement in the defense thing, im not a fighter beyond a oneshot thing I don’t wanna do until later when I have better reads

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

I also disagree a smidge with the read on Mega at the moment, but I admit to needing to poke into that a little more as well.

hm, not sure if I wanna totally drop Hunt yet, but let's help this along

##vote Mega

I can see this possibly being Mega's town tone that other people read as scummy, but I can't really judge that until he gets into full effortpost mode, and that has not happened yet

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Keane, what are your actual reads so far? The only vote you've got down is a jokevote about Lego.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Amnistar posted:

Dont talk about ongoing games.

My bad, thank you for the correction.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Also. Should we maybe reveal our planned building in thread?

I don't think this is a good plan until we have more information about what scum are capable of messing with. They have more information than we do; no reason to give them targeting info.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

In fact, I don't like Alli's posting. Their question kind of implies the perspective of someone who has more information than other people, and isn't really thinking about the implications of that.

##vote alli again

Can you explain further? This sounds really lazy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

I don't think this is a good plan until we have more information about what scum are capable of messing with. They have more information than we do; no reason to give them targeting info.

hmm I disagree, everyone is going to be building during the day. Progress is going to be made, scum can only do so much. It's like claiming the train cars in Shine. More concealment on daily activities gives more room for fudging and fakeclaims.

And this isn't two-thread soldiers where we gotta worry about leaving plausible deniability for our scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think bif is scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this d1 has been confusing and dense, and im not fully caught up, but this is a vibes vote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote bif

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

hmm I disagree, everyone is going to be building during the day. Progress is going to be made, scum can only do so much. It's like claiming the train cars in Shine. More concealment on daily activities gives more room for fudging and fakeclaims.

And this isn't two-thread soldiers where we gotta worry about leaving plausible deniability for our scum.

I don't know about the train cars in Shine.

Any information we can keep from scum is good. If we all claim where we're going to build, they can more efficiently distribute their actions to stymie the builds. If we're all scattershot, then that's not possible. Progress is going to made, scum can only do so much, so we may as well make them possibly waste their actions here and there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

i think bif is scum

you think a lotta things Steak

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Would it be better if we all claimed our builds the morning after? Seems like the best of both worlds.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

this d1 has been confusing and dense, and im not fully caught up, but this is a vibes vote

if we're going by vibes votes your vibe is extremely bad with this vote

give me a reason why, steak, you've already been coasting as hard as possible today

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Any information we can keep from scum is good. If we all claim where we're going to build, they can more efficiently distribute their actions to stymie the builds. If we're all scattershot, then that's not possible. Progress is going to made, scum can only do so much, so we may as well make them possibly waste their actions here and there.

This is a bad post and I dont like it.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

Can you provide anything concrete at all?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Keeping information of this type obfuscated, especially if people don't claim until the next day, just gives scum more space to hide in. Without that information, it'll be difficult to get a handle on what projects scum disrupts.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I will either be working on Walls or Soothseer.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Jen X posted:

AA, what are your thoughts on Mega?

Mega, who are your top suspects besides Amni? Why?

Anyway since solus is...still not being judged the way I judged him, ##vote binus

I do not like this active lurking/showing up for jokes and mechanics but not the mafia game thing

Binus, what do you think of the AA/Solus/Amni/Mega group, and the various arguments within it?

Oh and for spreadsheet purposes I’m terrible regardless of placement in the defense thing, im not a fighter beyond a oneshot thing I don’t wanna do until later when I have better reads
This is an insanely scummy vote
##vote Jen x

I am not lurking. I am in the top half of posters and have routinely provided my reads. Mainly who I think is town, because I don’t have any scummy reads right now, but still. I’m giving reads. As far as showing up for mechanics, that isn’t true at all. I have stated my attributes are useless and after misreading something in my role said that I do not want to go into battle. other than that I have said nothing about mechanics.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

one thing I'm interested in too is people claiming what they're gonna build. Like if everyone says they're gonna split up into these different groups, and everyone says they're gonna pick one certain thing in the branch, but next day we find out we ended up with a vote on Melee Weapons instead of the Walls everyone agreed were awesome, there's gonna be some splainin to do.

And we can look to which projects didn't progress, to try and find likely deserters who crashed that vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

I am not lurking. I am in the top half of posters

lmao is this for real, I'm on my phone

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh wait, top half is still at least ten people but still

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dragonatrix posted:

Looking more at other folks in general, binus is especially jumping out to me right now. He has a decent-ish number of posts (well, more than me at least :v:), so he looks actively but they're all fairly low-effort at best. Jokephase stuff is, well, jokephase stuff so I'm not gonna look critically too hard there unless given a reason to. More telling is that his contribution to mechanicschat is that he is bad at Literally Everything. A point he reiterated a few times just so we'd really know that he's totally useless, no really:

Not really a great look there, but that's fine. What about scumhunting? Well, I must admit he's taken the bold tack of giving Town reads and nothing else;

I'm genuinely not sure I've ever seen anyone do that before. Not to mention that as of barely an hour ago...

...Oh. Not even a little idea of who's scum? At all?
You can add Jen x to the top of my scum list. At least your post is an actual case. Though I did notice that you don’t actually conclude with a final town or scum read of me. And I routinely give town reads early in the game. I don’t have “even a little idea of who’s scum” because it’s day 1. I’m not sure what you’re expecting.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

You can add Jen x to the top of my scum list. At least your post is an actual case. Though I did notice that you don’t actually conclude with a final town or scum read of me. And I routinely give town reads early in the game. I don’t have “even a little idea of who’s scum” because it’s day 1. I’m not sure what you’re expecting.

Are there other things that make you think JX is scummy besides voting you? What are your thoughts on her case on me?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

I feel like it's obvious that the conclusion is super scum, but okay let me state it clearly and concisely. I think you're very scummy.

Even this response is scummy. What am I expecting from you? I dunno; maybe you can read people's posts and draw conclusions from there.

##vote binus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dragonatrix posted:

I feel like it's obvious that the conclusion is super scum, but okay let me state it clearly and concisely. I think you're very scummy.

Even this response is scummy. What am I expecting from you? I dunno; maybe you can read people's posts and draw conclusions from there.

##vote binus

Lol Whatever dude, nice vote. Your initial case and jen’s vote were less than 10 minutes apart. And now you voted me. Very interesting

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SolusLunes posted:

Are there other things that make you think JX is scummy besides voting you? What are your thoughts on her case on me?

I actually hadn’t read it but now that I have, I admittedly don’t find it super scummy even though I disagree with it. I don’t think that scum claim thing you did was overly scummy, or I can at least see what you were trying to do. You’re reaction to AA seemed to be from a town perspective.

Actually, the part of that jenx post that pings me the most is the “other reads/thoughts”

thoughts:

- Keane is good for digging at things which could be bad
- Ruggan’s post about not forgetting execution phase and then doing nothing towards that is bad
- mega’s self-defense is incredibly stupid but that very stupidity makes me hesitant
- PMush jumping in and out sucks
- Bif has good reasons and aside from caveating a vote looks good
- I’ve agreed with KB but my scattered notes don’t say why, thanks me of 30 min ago, I’ll take her townread regardless
- amni’s “I’m not voting, let me fumblingly say why” is not coincidentally the person I have my eye on if Solus fades, pointing out chainsaw explicitly is a plus tho

If Jen x is scum, it wouldn’t surprise me if there is some bussing going on in that post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

Lol Whatever dude, nice vote. Your initial case and jen’s vote were less than 10 minutes apart. And now you voted me. Very interesting

hmm, I think you're wrong on Jen, but I am feeling a little wary of how much Dragonatrix backed up my Hunt case, which is such a crude D1 thing based on only one short interaction...

dammit I can only vote for one person at a time, I still want to see Mega grilled for a while

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

To be grilled they have to be active instead of staying quiet to let everyone shift focus to others.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

I actually hadn’t read it but now that I have, I admittedly don’t find it super scummy even though I disagree with it. I don’t think that scum claim thing you did was overly scummy, or I can at least see what you were trying to do. You’re reaction to AA seemed to be from a town perspective.

Actually, the part of that jenx post that pings me the most is the “other reads/thoughts”

thoughts:

- Keane is good for digging at things which could be bad
- Ruggan’s post about not forgetting execution phase and then doing nothing towards that is bad
- mega’s self-defense is incredibly stupid but that very stupidity makes me hesitant
- PMush jumping in and out sucks
- Bif has good reasons and aside from caveating a vote looks good
- I’ve agreed with KB but my scattered notes don’t say why, thanks me of 30 min ago, I’ll take her townread regardless
- amni’s “I’m not voting, let me fumblingly say why” is not coincidentally the person I have my eye on if Solus fades, pointing out chainsaw explicitly is a plus tho

If Jen x is scum, it wouldn’t surprise me if there is some bussing going on in that post

You're right, I didn't really look too hard at the second part of her post. Several of those things are just "why would you even say that", like the Keane and KB lines. PMush and Ruggan feel like they could be soft bussing reads.

I think you've got a point here.

##vote JX

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Thanks, I made it myself. :downs:

But, more seriously, I didn't vote immediately because I was liking Hunt more overall still. Then you responded and I'd be hard pressed to think of a worse answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I was just skimming the thread and for a hot second I thought b-minus was copy/pasting someone else's reads and trying to pass them off as his own. I was halfway through writing up the post calling him out for it when I actually read his post properly.

I'm very good at Mafia.