Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

This guy started bawling like a baby a second after the video cuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The guy who posted this later went on to make extremely long and unwatchable videos about how bad CinemaSins is.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Actually I'm like 99% sure the evil robot kills his wife in the evil grimdark reboot or whatever it was

^^^^^^ there it is lol

IIRC that wasn't the reboot it was the end of the original comic. Then Buckley made his comic entirely about the 4 colour coded player characters dying in "hilarious" ways for a few months/years before bringing the old characters back in a reboot. I assume because viewership was dropping but idk

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The guy who posted this later went on to make extremely long and unwatchable videos about how bad CinemaSins is.

The video was directed at cinemasins fans and thus needed to be thorough and unentertaining so that cinemasins fans would have to watch the entire thing.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Loss imo has transcended being about a miscarriage and has become a meme because of its format. Like I’ve seen loss with lines, minions, cartoon screenshots: nothing to do with the context so much as the format.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

|  ||
|| |_

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Everyone is forgetting that Loss.jpeg didn't take off into the stratosphere until Tim posted a screed with the phase "in many ways the miscarriage is harder on the man" and continued in that vein for several paragraphs.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That part is worth mocking, but the moment

Sweevo posted:

|  ||
|| |_

became the height of referential comedy for a billion kids on Miiverse (or whatever art successor is in Nintendo games now) is when the meme should've died.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Recognizing and referencing loss as a joke when you see a 4-panel comic strip with simlar layout, and recognizing and referencing loss as a joke in the context of a personal story involving a miscarriage isn't the same thing

The original thing was funny because of how tone-deaf and self-centered the author was for sure, but that doesn't mean that posting it as a reference to someone's personal story isnt super stupid.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
didnt one of the follow on comics to loss involve a tiny baby controller

also

https://twitter.com/Fire_Badger/status/1216162997007265792?s=19

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
for sale, baby MadKatz, never used

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he founded cinemasins??

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I saved some early Loss/wedding era CAD thread art actually, some of it was hilariously low effort but there were some great interpretations

https://imgur.com/a/8o2RT

e: I'm loathe to use the term "fanart" but at that point we probably knew more about his dumb comic than anyone on the internet including him

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

that video about cinemasins is good, actually

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dabir posted:

that video about cinemasins is good, actually

I watched for a few months years ago and then tuned out, what's the deal with cinemasins now? it seemed like pretty harmless "movie mistakes" packaged in a entertaining format.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pentyne posted:

I watched for a few months years ago and then tuned out, what's the deal with cinemasins now? it seemed like pretty harmless "movie mistakes" packaged in a entertaining format.

They’ll straight up make poo poo up sometimes, or say a movie left something unexplained when they pretty clearly explain it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

pentyne posted:

Let's set aside the fact that 90% of sins are just them not paying attention or nitpicks that are immediately resolved seconds after the clip they play, what in God's name is entertaining about them?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They’ll straight up make poo poo up sometimes, or say a movie left something unexplained when they pretty clearly explain it.

Oh God nooooo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

pentyne posted:

oh it's because their videos are complete dogshit

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I mean, if your videos are going to be boring and pedantic they should at least be accurate.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Who What Now posted:

Let's set aside the fact that 90% of sins are just them not paying attention or nitpicks that are immediately resolved seconds after the clip they play, what in God's name is entertaining about them?

Post does not contain a lapdance. *ding*

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I mean, if your videos are going to be boring and pedantic they should at least be accurate.

I'm just laughing at how wrought up people get about a terrible video channel.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

[actress] isn't my girlfriend in this scene *ding*

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm just laughing at how wrought up people get about a terrible video channel.

Me too I’m just laughing I’m not angry or mad at all I’m really not I’m just laughing lmao

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

oldpainless posted:

Me too I’m just laughing I’m not angry or mad at all I’m really not I’m just laughing lmao

Trying way too hard.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Trying way too hard. *ding*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
More like “oldchillless”. *ding*

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like the Shaun vids where he does cinemasins treatments of cinemasins videos.

Also I think he is or was a goon.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Are the cinema sins Channel still popular? I barely hear people talk about it anymore, especially since I knew friends who would religiously watch those after watching any movie

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I like the Shaun vids where he does cinemasins treatments of cinemasins videos.

Also I think he is or was a goon.

Was, I think when the whole VoidBurger/Other LPer jumping ship happened he also left.

He had a really incredible Silent Hill Homecoming LP that used youtube annotations to be a CYOA and even had you react to quicktime events, that was pretty neat. Completely broken now though since annotations are gone.

e: Bobvids I mean, not sure about Shaun.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Are the cinema sins Channel still popular? I barely hear people talk about it anymore, especially since I knew friends who would religiously watch those after watching any movie

I think more people hate it than like it now and the people that hate it are extremely correct

Anyway, remember in 2006 when we had the forums version of The Purge?

lol

not even PI was safe

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELEAsGoP-5I&t=106s here's the dang video since yall can't be bothered to take two seconds to look it up

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It was always crappy and cruel when the forms made fun of people with deformities or had miscarriages or whatever. There was never a time people were more clever about it, or more funny. It was always just really really lovely.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Pick posted:

It was always crappy and cruel when the forms made fun of people with deformities or had miscarriages or whatever. There was never a time people were more clever about it, or more funny. It was always just really really lovely.

I wish it were more "was" than "is" but at least it's not nearly as prevalent as a decade ago

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Anyway, remember in 2006 when we had the forums version of The Purge?

lowtax looks like the guy from the wedding singer

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dabir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELEAsGoP-5I&t=106s here's the dang video since yall can't be bothered to take two seconds to look it up

Okay that explains a lot.

The comparison between CinemaSins and The Onion with the problem of presenting "satire" in a disengenious way a la CinemaSins is spot on. This is a lot more helpful then a bunch of people going "just like in Cinemasins DING" like a reddit thread.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
LOL at the guy with a grudge against tortoiseontour of all people, pouncing on a chance to say "oh, you liked a video by THAT LOSER? Let me tell you why you should be ashamed :smug:"

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Feb 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm the guy who defends cinemasins' honour unprompted, then goes "wOW YOU GUYS ARE SO MAD AND OBSESSED WITH CINEMASINS JEEZ CALM DOWN" when people respond to me