Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Mr. Humalong (3): Sandwolf, merk, Amnistar
George Kansas (3): Amnistar, dmboogie, Anomalous Amalgam, Dragonatrix, MegaZeroX, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, merk, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Amnistar
Amnistar (1): GulagDolls
Leith Maclaine (1): Nep-Nep
Hunt11 (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (10): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Eat The Rich, George Kansas, Hal Incandenza, Hunt11, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, Retro Futurist, Ruggan

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 14th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Doll has been modkilled. The day continues.

:stonk:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

For failing to meet posting restrictions IcePhoenix, Fiona Uffermann, Town-Aligned compulsive visitor and Doll has been modkilled. The day continues.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx9DVVKf5nU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

someone ping me after the game is over, good luck friends

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
That sucks.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

idk if anyone else has weird posting restrictions but if you do please try not to get modkilled tia

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Back before bed, will try to be around tomorrow

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Is this just standard too busy to actually play/disinterested GK or scum?

The former!

merk posted:

That’s a hell of a fake claim if it is.

I wish I were this good at mafia.

Sandwolf posted:

So think about who seemed the most disinterested in who actually got lunched and more ensuring a lunch happens (Hum, Amni)

This is good (+ binus doing the pointing out that scum got to sit back since a town got run up and then it switched to another town)

merk posted:

“I don’t care about their alignments” + defense != scum hunting

Need to go read in context but like this point

Amnistar posted:

Also, the inevitable "I was super busy and forgot to submit my action."

Absolutely lunch me if I ever forget to do a night action. I know people legitimately do forget from time to time, but it should be an extremely rare thing that I feel like its a worthwhile policy lunch.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

On one hand, why not replace out? Why claim?

When I got to the thread I was, what, -3? and I did not expect to live long. Had I not claimed, I would have been lunched already which would have made asking for a replacement moot. Maybe I could ask for a replacement now that some of the "free lunch!" heat is dying down, but a) I wouldn't have wanted someone to parachute in only to be free lunched and b) replacing out in hopes of avoiding a lunch even as town feels skeevy to me. But I mean, if the shoe was on the other foot? I dont know that I have a problem voting out the even night watcher who is saying "yeah I will still probably be lurking", which is why I'm a little surprised to come back a few hours later and see that I'm still in this. I didn't claim doctor, I didn't claim cop, you know? Other big thing is I didn't know if yall would know that it was an even night watcher after the fact because the role is not actually called even night watcher, it's 'Wind-Up' Watcher, and in explaining what that means for the flavor it is mechanically an even night thing. But now there will be no mistaking what my role means.

MegaZeroX posted:

Who did you watch then?

lol

Night everyone!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dmboogie posted:

idk if anyone else has weird posting restrictions but if you do please try not to get modkilled tia

by 'anyone else' i mean 'other than icephoenix', i dont have any restrictions as far as i know

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Oh, "even" night watcher. Guess I got demoted.

MegaZeroX posted:

Okay Updating List

For the record, my opening post was a shitpost. I am not actually whatever I claimed. I wanted to actually participate in the joke phase for once instead of killing it. Seems like that failed.

Anyways, here is my current lumpen list

Illiterate
Amnistar
Sandwolf
Dragonatrix
Leith
Mega

Taking lessons
AA

Semi-literate
Mega
Hal

Literate
Gulag

Please help me complete this list everyone!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IP had a posting restriction that would result in a modkill? I’m baffled, drat

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
##vote Hum

Mr. Humalong posted:

I switched because I believed them to both be town but knew that being around and not voting would mean people would take the opportunity to push me for it the next day.

...Uhh, you switched back and forth, apropos of nothing, repeatedly to avoid looking suspicious? :raise:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

George Kansas posted:

it's 'Wind-Up' Watcher, and in explaining what that means for the flavor it is mechanically an even night thing. But now there will be no mistaking what my role means.

Lol this is cult

##vote GK

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote hum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lol this is cult

##vote GK

What. Why? I assume it's more than the post you quoted

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lol this is cult

##vote GK

How so?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Notice how humalong didn’t say lol this is scum. Nice 3p hunting

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If GK vanishes again before the deadline then I say we take the free lunch. Hum's recommendation to take it anyway looks real bad.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Notice how humalong didn’t say lol this is scum. Nice 3p hunting

It’s a cult game you moron

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Right...so scum = cult. Not sure why everyone is pretending scum must mean mafia...its just the opposingnside.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Right...so scum = cult. Not sure why everyone is pretending scum must mean mafia...its just the opposingnside.

So cult hunting is literally scum hunting.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Humalong posted:

So cult hunting is literally scum hunting.

Yea, sorry, agreeing with you there, not B-

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why is it indicative of cult? Can you answer that question?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

From the op:
Please come back and play if you are still alive, I think this game is worth trying to stick it out. Scum will have fake claims. This is a game of mafia, not really a game to try and uncover or speculate about the roles I've made for this game, while there will be plenty of unique ones, there are also a lot of normal roles.

I’m not going to bother speculating about a cult until a cult related role flips. With that said, I will ##unvote because even though we have opposite opinions about the setup, I don’t find your posts overly scummy.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not going to bother speculating about a cult until a cult related role flips.

Also from the OP:
"A word of warning, this is a cult game with alignment changes."

The newspaper graphic right up top. Second sentence

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dragonatrix posted:

Also from the OP:

Thought we were all on the same page of this being a cult game considering we already had this argument at the beginning of Day 1.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

who cares. humalong's reasoning for thinking gk=cult isnt there. i mean ithink it isnt there. who knows cause he wont say.

i have bad feeling about amni. also im sick F

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dragonatrix posted:

Also from the OP:

Lol whoops. Ok I will take the cult seriously now

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

He’s a “‘wind-up’ watcher” and my role mentions clockwork people and automatons being bad.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Fully understand it could be a red herring planted by Toalpaz, though.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lol that Binus didn’t read the full OP

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Fully understand it could be a red herring planted by Toalpaz, though.

I'm not following the evolution of your opinion here, you stated before that you thought GK and Steak were both bad votes, you think the information in your role could be a red herring, but you still immediately jump to thinking GK is cult because of the wind-up watcher claim???

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
GK, what is your flavor name?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

He’s a “‘wind-up’ watcher” and my role mentions clockwork people and automatons being bad.

...huh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm not following the evolution of your opinion here, you stated before that you thought GK and Steak were both bad votes, you think the information in your role could be a red herring, but you still immediately jump to thinking GK is cult because of the wind-up watcher claim???

I’m saying it’s entirely possible it’s mod fuckery. I’d prefer to flip them and find out. Especially since they’re going to disappear again more than likely.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i am in favor of keeping gk alive one more day

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

i am in favor of keeping gk alive one more day

Either he's scum and fakes a result, or he's town and scum block him. Either way he's not going to miraculously save the day tomorrow.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##unvote

need to reread to figure out if i wanna vote scumalong but definitely willing to give GK a chance

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Retro Futurist posted:

Either he's scum and fakes a result, or he's town and scum block him. Either way he's not going to miraculously save the day tomorrow.

im not looking for him to save the day. if he is town and scum decide to kill him tonight, then that means that other potentially more powerful roles are spared. if he gets blocked, then we know that scum have a roleblocker. either way, i think we should lunch someone else today and hope that we get some form of info from gk tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
also he is scum then we know that the shift to steak was led by scum