Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Power levels continue to be bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Anyone else feeling kinda underwhelmed with Alisson's power-up right now? For all the hype it was introduced with, she's now losing to an ordinary angel cop with an 82 in front of her name.

The 82 signifies combat experience. White Chain isn't the most powerful angel, but she is one of the most skilled.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Aumanor posted:

Anyone else feeling kinda underwhelmed with Alisson's power-up right now? For all the hype it was introduced with, she's now losing to an ordinary angel cop with an 82 in front of her name.

uh, no?

Angels are loving tough. The fact White Chain has died so many times signifies her conviction and tenacity, not lack of skill. Look at how her fellow angels regard her, none question her power.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
I still say Allison won the verbal argument, even if as seems likely White Chain is about to beat the hell out of her physically.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Aumanor posted:

Nah, angels are Serious Business. The only people in the comic who have beaten an angel are demiurges, former demiurges, and other angels. Also, there's a reason Juggernaut and the Thorns wanted to recruit White Chain instead of just killing her like Delicious.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

MadDogMike posted:

I still say Allison won the verbal argument, even if as seems likely White Chain is about to beat the hell out of her physically.

Yeah, if Allicio loses here I don't know what lesson she's supposed to take away from this. Like, she's willing to blow up her friend if her friend is being an rear end in a top hat, but her friend was willing to do it first, so what's the lesson? A win here doesn't feel deserved on White Chain's part.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

OgreNoah posted:

Yeah, if Allicio loses here I don't know what lesson she's supposed to take away from this. Like, she's willing to blow up her friend if her friend is being an rear end in a top hat, but her friend was willing to do it first, so what's the lesson? A win here doesn't feel deserved on White Chain's part.

Maybe it has something to do with this?

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-6-58/

Maybe this is how the Maya arc is introduced: Allison is still lacking in commitment and Maya sees an opportunity to patch this weakness herself.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The lesson is "no more lessons"

Regardless of what happens here, White Chain is no longer her teacher.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

YaketySass posted:

Allison is still lacking in commitment and Maya sees an opportunity to patch this weakness herself.

Allison just knocked a hole in 82s chest. If she loses here its not from a lack of commitment.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Aumanor posted:

Why do people keep forgetting that angels are nigh-unstoppable martial arts masters?

E: f,b

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Darth Walrus posted:

The 82 signifies combat experience. White Chain isn't the most powerful angel, but she is one of the most skilled.

Remember KILL BOSS hosed off when White Chain entered the fight.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Also way back when I believe Cio was the one who said that the only one who beats an angel is another angel. White Chain isn't the biggest and scariest angel there is but there's no such thing as a minor threat when it comes to angels. The fact that she's got White Chain desperate just shows how scary Allicio is.

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

I thought it was maybe a continuity error when this time White Chain’s stone armor was shown to be limp when Allicio caught it, vs near the beginning of the story when Cio surfed the armor down the stairs when it was truly empty.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Aumanor posted:

Is this an ordinary angel cop? Ordinary angels appear to be cowards, ngl.

Also: This rules.

DJPON3Vinyl
Apr 22, 2015
People talk a lot of poo poo about angels like Zoss didn't die to an angelic SWAT team on single digit pages of the comic.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

DJPON3Vinyl posted:

People talk a lot of poo poo about angels like Zoss didn't die to an angelic SWAT team on single digit pages of the comic.

LOL "die" LOL

such a plebian way of thinking

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Didn't seem very dead to me

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The most Royal way of going out: suicide by cop.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I can't accept that Zoss would have been unable to chump those angels, this is all his big plan to re-set the entirety of the cycle and his "death" was required.

I also can't accept that simple decapitation would kill Zoss anyways unless he wanted it to.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Aren’t Thorns more Angel Terrorists than Angel Cops? Just a different brand of bad but not the same.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

M_Gargantua posted:

Aren’t Thorns more Angel Terrorists than Angel Cops? Just a different brand of bad but not the same.

You know halfway through the movie when it turns out the new and super dangerous gang that's taking over the city are cops in balaclavas? It's that.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Angels and Judge Dread society have a lot more in common then

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

M_Gargantua posted:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

M_Gargantua posted:

Angels and Judge Dread society have a lot more in common then

Including their own Judge Death inclinations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
nah, the thorns killed zoss, it's just that he's Royal enough that being dead doesn't stop him from going around getting things done

he'll make some time to be a corpse when creation stops being so messed up

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Zoss didn't die, he just got decapitated.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

MadDogMike posted:

Allicio conceded the verbal argument just before she found out she also didn't win the physical argument.

"You were right."

Oof, wrong, idiot, royalty revoked, time to get fuckin' worked

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

President Ark posted:

it's just that he's Royal enough that being dead doesn't stop him from going around getting things done

he'll make some time to be a corpse when creation stops being so messed up

You know how busy people say "I'll sleep when I'm dead"

Zoss would understand, but inwardly he might judge you to be a little lazy

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Glagha posted:

Also way back when I believe Cio was the one who said that the only one who beats an angel is another angel. White Chain isn't the biggest and scariest angel there is but there's no such thing as a minor threat when it comes to angels. The fact that she's got White Chain desperate just shows how scary Allicio is.

The thing is that very early on we were given a somewhat different picture of an angel's fighting ability: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-1-17/

Certainly very strong but far from invincible there.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

What's funny is that she's wrong right now - White Chain wasn't right about any of that poo poo, and the fact that she was willing to defend herself from certain death by Angel Cop doesn't prove poo poo. She just has some degree of compassion, unlike the Thorns, so she felt bad for 'killing' her friend.

White Chain could have, for example, stopped trying to kill Allicio and gone with the very straightforward plan to save an innocent, but instead decided to try to kill her because... she was successfully winning the tournament like planned, without causing megadeaths?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

White Chain wasn't trying to kill Allicio.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
drat if that doesn't show progress in how its drawn though

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

M_Gargantua posted:

They're cops in the Klan, OP

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
All cops are in the Klan.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
The thorns are the NOLA police

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Glagha posted:

White Chain wasn't trying to kill Allicio.

She entered her "only one survivor" stance. She might have stopped at some point but the signal is pretty clear.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cant cook creole bream posted:

She entered her "only one survivor" stance. She might have stopped at some point but the signal is pretty clear.

She powered up to match Allicio to be able to punch her at all. This is standard anime stuff.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

She explicitly said she wanted to bring Allison back home. That's why she's so shocked. She for a moment feels like White Chain was completely right because she went too far and killed her.

Glagha fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 13, 2020

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
BREAKING:

https://twitter.com/Retro_played/status/1226564538520109056

wario is royalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

my favorite part is that he considers garlic the source of his powers. maximum royalty. he just decided it makes him a superhero and so it does