Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

How do I get my (Yandere) crush (Tsundere) to stop ghosting me so I can fight the urge to stalk him and start loving him?
Dating
I have recently met this guy with which I've gotten along fairly well at first, we went to a coffee shop and got to know each other, laughed about jokes and memes but once I got home I said something political that he disagreed with and now he's ignoring my text. I spammed him with text before I looked around the area where he lived in the hopes of bumping into him but when I couldn't find him I ringed at his door and he said he was busy. It's been a week and he hasn't replied still but now I REALLY like him, I'm so infatuated actually that I have neglected all my hobbies to spend on reading all his posts from 5 years ago on his instagram and twitter. I even found an old facebook account that he used in high school. I'm so desperate and like him so much, I don't know what to do but I know that I definitely don't want to give up. I tried to cope by reading a few anime's and I think he's a tsundere in that he's cold at first but then he'll fall in love with me too! How can I help speed up this process? I lost my own identity after falling for him and even started writing a fanficion where we click.

TL; DR! I fell really hard for a guy who started ignoring me and now I want him harder than ever. Since I don't want to give him up I need advice on how to make him fall in love with me too

Also from OP:

quote:

How can I stop my social interactions to escalate into stalking and obsessing over people?

Every time I meet someone we get along really well but after a while, give or take weeks or months, I will get into a really weird phase where I get super hyper and say really weird and unnecessary things and then the person will get weirded out and distance themselves and that's where my really excruciating fear of abandonment starts to show it's colours and I will spam them with messages, try to wait for them in places I expect them, write down when they will be at those places and then go there. I get really desperate because I like those people and don't want to lose them, and then I also get super delusional and start thinking that every anonymous person I chat with is secretly them. ( No doubt I will be thinking one of you is that person )

I know I will never harm them but I want to stop doing it because it gives me a bad imagine and makes me look crazy even though I'm totally sane. Please help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The Bramble posted:

I live in MA and door to door cable sales people are definitely a thing (Comcast up here). My understanding is that the cable company just subcontracts the sales and installations out to independent contractors who get a special number to call when they need to sort out something technical with the company. I even had a guy approach me at a laundromat to try and sell me cable.

But I'm not a psycho who calls the cops and threatens lawsuits because 3 different people ring my door bell in a week. Just ignore it (who the hell needs to talk to you in person in the middle of the day who isn't shouting "POLICE!"?), politely decline, or be a fat dude and answer the door naked. If I were a manager, I would absolutely be inclined to send newbies to this guy's door to get him all wound up over losing a day's pay because his dog barked or whatever his problem is.

Anyone who wouldn't troll a high-strung weirdo should be banned from this forum imo.

You're a younger sibling who spent a siginificant amount of most car trips "Not touching" people, aren't you?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

teen witch posted:

Also from OP:

It's too late for this person. Lets just give them a waifu husbando body pillow and convince them that no one will ever love them like the pillow would. Spare everyone else from this person

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

venomous

the word you are looking for is venomous

What if it crawls into their mouth while they are sleeping?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for grilling my roommate after she reported me?

quote:

I'm a second year student living in student housing until May. I have a girlfriend (both women). I have 3 roommates, 2 guys and a girl. We have a building manager (basically an RA) who is notorious for being a stickler for rules.

My girlfriend is also a student at this university. Her parents said she could keep living with them so long as after her student finance comes in, she pays for her school supplies and the rest goes to them for rent. She agreed because they didn't allow her to get a job when she was 16 so she had no savings, their income is high enough that she only gets about a grand every 4 months from student finance, and she's been looking for a job since 16 with no luck so she really couldn't afford to move out. She's been taking all the agency shifts she could lately she's only managed to save up a few hundred quid, and her next installment isn't until April.

Her parents found out we were dating and kicked her out. We don't know how they found out but she wanted to wait to come out until she was in a place that if she got kicked out then she'd be able to support herself, and she's not in that place yet. On the night she got kicked out she came to my place.

She got kicked out Sunday night, so she stayed with me Sunday night to Wednesday night. There is a rule against having someone over more that 3 nights a week so she let me tell my roommates what happened in the hopes that they wouldn't go to the building manager. The boys said she could stay as long as she needed and I thanked them but the female roommate was obviously displeased (didn't say anything but looked annoyed) and asked if my girlfriend would be moving in. I said no but she needs somewhere to stay temporarily while we find long term accommodation, and some friends have offered their sofas but she'll still be here a bit more that she previously was (she used to be here one night a week at most). My female roommate was obviously displeased but seemed happy enough with that.

Thursday morning (today) I wake up to a text from the building manager reminding me that if someone is over more than 3 nights a week I get a fine, and a repeat offense is a warning. Too many warnings in a term leads to eviction. She then tells me that as it's already been 4 nights if she stays tonight I will be fined. I tried to explain the situation but she replies that it's not OK and that the person who made the complaint "feels it's unfair that you've given her a new roommate without asking". I saw the "her" and immediately realised it had to be the female roommate.

I saw red. My girlfriend had already gone to class but my female roommate was in the kitchen. I went in and asked her if I'd done something to upset her, and she said no, then I asked if she had misunderstood when I said that my girlfriend wasn't staying here permanently, she said no again, and then I said "so why the gently caress have you reported me?"

The boys were also there and immediately jumped in and were split between "whoa, OP, let's not argue" and "what the gently caress, Roommate?"

Who's the a-hole?

Info: as the sofa she'll be crashing on won't be available until Friday and she has nowhere else to go she will need to stay here tonight but she's moving out in the morning. She has no clothing, no car, her parents took her phone because she's on a family plan, all she has is a couple of changes of clothes, some books she left at my place, and I'm adding her to my phone contract ASAP. My roommates and I agreed to stick to 3 nights a week when we moved in last summer, and I've always followed this rule, but this is a really unexpected situation and we had no way of knowing she'd get kicked out, we're not even sure who told them. Our uni has emergency housing which we've applied for but for something with "emergency" in the name it's not exactly quick. If the application is successful then she'll also be set up in a dorm the same way I am, but half term is in a couple weeks so if it's not approved by then she's hosed. We're looking for housing and jobs outside of that but struggling to find anything in her price range and she has no address to put on applications or reliable transport. We've all paid for this term's housing already, we keep food separate, and she spends most of her time here in my room so we're not taking anyone else's money or getting in the way.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

zakharov posted:

I have never had someone come to my door to sell me cable. Plenty of junk mail but no visits. There's no way this can be a profitable sales tactic for Spectrum. What in tarnation?

It sounds like the guy's at an apartment complex that's already wired up, so Spectrum's costs to get service up and running are very low and they can afford a lot of sales hours to harass people.

I have to deal with Spectrum around here too and I'm pretty sure they're 100% counting on people signing up just to get left alone.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for saying “Yes” to the dress without my FMIL there?

quote:

My fiancé (M32) and I (F30) have been together over a decade, we are getting married in October of this year, I am close with his Mom. A few days ago my mom asked if I wanted to go to lunch on my day off, also asked if I had found any wedding dresses I liked yet l, as the time to order one is coming close. I hadn’t but since we were meeting halfway in a nice city we thought it might be nice to make an apt at a salon to try on some dresses and just get a feel for what I like. No mention of purchasing.Rewind a few years ago, my fiancé’s AUNT starting talking to me about how she wanted to plan a day to take me to another town , do lunch, and try on dresses. I told my fiancé I thought that was inappropriate as I have my own mother and if I was going to invite anyone from his family to look at dresses with me it would be his mom, not his aunt.

So my mom and I go to bridal place yesterday and the first dress I try on, I felt amazing,it was everything I dreamed of,it made me happy looking at myself in it, picturing walking down the aisle to someone I had been looking forward to marrying for a very long time. My mom started to cry. My mom is not a crier and she just said I looked amazing and it was such a beautiful dress. This is also important because I’m an only child, and my mom was an active user for most of my childhood, I never thought she would be around to see this day and see it sober no less. She bought the dress, we had lunch, I drove home.

My fiancé was taking the dogs on a walk and came in, he said hello, I said hey! He asked “how’d it go with dresses?”, and I told him “great! I said yes!”. He was dead silent and then he became irate. He said “ I thought you told me today was just a day you were going to look, I thought my mom would be going when you bought the dress!!??”, I told him “I had no idea that was going to happen, I put the dress on and fell in love? I really had no intention of buying the dress”. He proceeds to tell me how disappointed in me he is, how his mother is going to have her feelings hurt, how it was manipulative and childish of me AND my mom to do this, like I intended to hurt his Mom or exclude her. I was hurt, I thought he would be excited that I found the dress, but he went on for hours about how awful it was that I did that and how hurt his Mom will be when she finds out and how disappointed he is in me? I told him I was really upset about the way he reacted and this was about MY DRESS not his Mom. I told him when she gets back from her trip I would happily invite her back to the bridal shop and put on the dress and show her. He agreed and said that was the right thing to do.

Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for grilling my roommate after she reported me?

but it's not FFFAAAAAAIIIIRRRRRRRR

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Definitely feeling the remote sprinkler system for cable guy.

Now I’m imagining it with a system with a reservoir where you could add dye to really gently caress with their clothes. Just call it a “fertilizer blend” and have plausible deniability.

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
AITA for breaking a family tradition by not getting a dog. and getting a cat instead?

quote:

Truth be told, I'm just not a dog person. They're fun to watch from afar, I'll pet one if they come up to me, but I've just never been interested in owning one. I'm not much of a pet guy, but a girlfriend and I had a cat years ago, and that was okay.

My in-laws are nice, normal folk, but at some point, MIL asked me when we'd be going to the breeders. She said that's the family they've always gotten their dogs from, and they'll let us have our pick of any litter.

I told them we wouldn't be getting a dog, and I swear to god you'd think I'd loving killed a puppy right then and there. It became this bizarre "but it's tradition" and "how can you NOT get a dog" and it was too much for me.

Anyway it's been a few months since this all started and MIL will not let it go. I've told her repeatedly, look, we're just not going to get a dog. My wife is on board with this and has told her mom to knock it off and drop it.

As it happens, when we moved into our house, a cat befriended us. She hangs out and comes in and out of the house, and according to the kind folk on Nextdoor, she was abandoned by people who lived here before. That really bummed me out, so my wife and I have been taking care of her, especially in the winter. We have a good relationship where she'll come in and sleep in the living room, then leave when we leave for work, then come back and chill. One time she stayed in the house during a snow storm and I had the day off so she just slept on the couch while I knitted and watched Grey's, which was cool.

This past weekend MIL caught sight of lil mama snoozing on the patio and dramatically stomped and shooed the cat. We told her to chill, lil mama hangs with us, and she became like... beside herself. How could we be so cruel as to ignore a family tradition? Why would we want some nasty cat instead of a beautiful dog? What's wrong with me as a man that I would rather have a cat?

It ramped up with some bizarre posts on FB asking how she can get us to ditch the cat and buy a golden retriever. Some friends suggested she just do it for us and give us the dog as a "gift." I hopped into the post and said something like "Hey JSYK, we don't want a dog. Period. If you buy us a dog, we will return it."

THAT comment is what blew up. I have SO MANY people telling me what a cruel rear end in a top hat I am, what kind of man doesn't like dogs, and biggest one is how I could possibly end a 5-generation tradition of adopting a dog from this breeder. Even people in my life think it's weird that we won't "just get on with it, get a dog already" and I feel like I'm going crazy.

So reddit, AITA because I'm ending this long tradition of everyone buying a dog?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Foo Diddley posted:

I went to a cigar bar once because I was wandering around drunk downtown, and I missed being in a bar that smelled like smoke. I sure hope I didn't inadvertently fund some chuds :ohdear:

Anyway, the bar did indeed smell like smoke, it was nostalgic af

the only smoke im nostalgic for is my grandpa smoking out of a pipe in the kitchen next to the vent. theres no grandpa pipe bars though

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Cats are predators who skilfully hunt and devour their prey.

Dogs are big dumb walking rugs.

Which pet is really more manly hmmmmm?

I don't actually believe this, all pets are great.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Let's not lose sight of what's really important here: did they post a picture of the cat

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I would have a hard time passing up a free golden retriever but gently caress the MIL just on principle.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
"Dog breeding is unethical." and let the fucker burn to the ground.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Straight White Shark posted:

It sounds like the guy's at an apartment complex that's already wired up, so Spectrum's costs to get service up and running are very low and they can afford a lot of sales hours to harass people.

I have to deal with Spectrum around here too and I'm pretty sure they're 100% counting on people signing up just to get left alone.

i live in a house in rural nc and i got my current internet provider (ATT) from a guy who came from charlotte to sell door to door. apparently they get a % of my bill forever which is pretty cool. i had time warner which is now spectrum and they are garbage i had constant internet problems and the only thing they would do is say we need the higher priced package. ive had a few problems with att but its mostly just a power outage loving up the modem. once they had to rewire because of a hurricane but no real problems. Ive also had people come by trying to get me to switch to direct tv but my landlord wont let us put a satelite on the roof and they cant get good reception from the ground.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

AITA For telling a funny story at a wedding about the bride?

quote:

This happened a couple of weeks ago but I am still reeling from it and want to know if I was being an rear end in a top hat.

Me (30M) and my friend (30F) who I'll call Colleen, have known each other when we were kids. Her family is deeply Catholic, but she isn't nearly as religious (Important later).

Years ago she met a guy (I'll call him Mike) and they became committed. I met him and got along great with him and the three of us hung out a lot.

So he proposed and they held a big wedding. The actual wedding came and went, and at the reception afterwards, some of us were giving speeches. I went up and told them how happy I was for them and decided to tell the audience about some of our experiences in college together.

So to summarize my speech, it went something like: "When me and Colleen went to college together, Colleen was no longer that quiet Catholic girl, she became wild and humped every guy that moved, and let multiple guys spit roast her. But after she met Mike it seemed like he tamed her and made her into a better person that sits before us today"

The audience, for the most part, was laughing throughout my speech and seemed to enjoy it. And given how me, Colleen and Mike hung out a lot and how we all have a crude sense of humor, I thought they would appreciate it.

I didn't realize this was a big deal until later on in the wedding, I went up to the table Colleen's parents were sitting at but they shunned me away very quickly. I went up to Colleen and Mike to ask them if her parents were okay. They immediately told me "we need to talk."

They took me into the back of the venue and asked me about the speech. I told them that most people enjoyed it and they should understand college is a time for going a little crazy and figuring yourself out. Colleen yelled at me and said "I had no right." She was screaming so hard that Mike had to calm her down. She ended up leaving and Mike said "look it was a funny story but try to keep it between us three next time."

Since then I've tried texting Colleen back but she blocked me everywhere. Mike hasn't been responding either. Given that most people in the audience enjoyed it and probably forgot about it now, I don't know why this is a big deal?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Hobo Clown posted:

What the gently caress? Part of me is screaming “there’s no way that’s real” but then a bigger part of me knows that there are people out there that actually are that insanely oblivious.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

hachi machi

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Szzj6XN6pA

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What the gently caress? Part of me is screaming “there’s no way that’s real” but then a bigger part of me knows that there are people out there that actually are that insanely oblivious.

it's possible that he's jealous and bitter that the girl next door wound up with some rando instead of him, her lifelong soulmate

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
During my first wedding my father made a toast that eventually devolved into complaining about the amount of money they had to waste on all the health problems I had when I was younger, and how he could've had a motorcycle by now if I hadn't needed so many unnecessary surgeries. It was another four years before I cut contact with my family.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hobo Clown posted:

Wow, that's an even worse attempt at humor than the milk truck meme guy.

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
My wife lets me tickle her but sleeps with another man.

quote:

I need advice badly. So I have a tickle Fetish and have since a young age. My wife had known about it for years. We divorced in 2014 during which time we both had relationships with other people. She had a child with another man, but we got back together two years ago. However, she refuses to sleep with me, but I discovered a few months back that she does have sex with her child’s father. I threatened to leave but she told me to stay and it would stop. Well it hasn’t, but we agreed to allow it to continue and in exchange I can tickle her whenever I want. It was great for a couple weeks but then she went in a trip with him. While they were gone I slipped into a deep depression that I can’t get out of.

The thing is though I do love tickling, I love the intimacy that sex provides as well, but she has made it clear that we will never have sex. She also believes I shouldn’t be upset with her doing what she wants because I’m getting to indulge in my fetish. Every day is a struggle. She tells me she loves me, but I saw her texts between them and she tells him she loves him too.

I feel like I’m in a lose/lose scenario. I don’t want to leave because I do love her more than anything and we have 3 kids together. But I’m stuck in a vicious cycle of doing everything I can to stay positive and then feeling the ultimate depression for days every time I know they’ve been with each other. I hate having the fetish (which could actually be called a fixation or obsession at this point) and I would like to do whatever I can to suppress it. I was actually doing a pretty good job of succeeding at this until my present arrangement was made and now I feel worse about it than ever. I just want to have an intimate relationship and feel loved. I’ve tried telling her that there is no comparison between having intercourse with him, and putting her feet in my lap and letting me tickle them, but she strongly disagrees.

So I don’t know what to do to make myself better. It’s clear that I’ll never be able to train myself to be open with this. The jealousy and hurt I constantly feel is controlling my life. Even if she agreed to stop talking to him, which I don’t believe will happen, then she still won’t be intimate with me, and the tickling would stop (which I actually want to happen anyway). Every time the tickling is over I feel more empty and dirty inside. I feel like a weirdo, some freak. I also do not do well being alone at all because of my long standing depressive episodes. I constantly wanted to commit suicide when we were going through our first separation and I don’t want to go through it again. Do at this point I’m completely at a loss. If anyone has any sound advice for me I’d really appreciate it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Whoops that one already got posted. Here's one that's only 5 minutes old!

I miss being single and I need help

quote:

So I’ve been with my gf for 2 years now (we’re both 18), and I love her more than anything. She is beautiful, smart, and the sweetest person. She’s my best friend, and I have absolutely no reason to be thinking about anyone else than her. And yet I cannot stop thinking about other girls. She satisfies me in every way, but I still can’t stop thinking about seeing others and it’s been getting worse the past six months. I understand that we’re both very young, but I cannot imagine a future without her.

From the start of our relationship we both agreed that we would always be honest with each other, but I cannot bear to talk to her about this, since she is very protective and easily gets jealous. In the past we have very lightly discussed things revolving around this topic (wanting to see other people) and every time she would dismiss it as something we may think about, but never act on.

However on two occassions in the past couple of months I’ve kissed other girls (albeit in an extremely drunken state), and I cannot tell my gf because that would mean her breaking up with me. She is already dealing with enough in her life, (including keeping a serious depression hidden from me for a whole year), and for the love of God I don’t want to hurt her. When reflecting on all this I realize that I miss being single, but I don’t want to lose my girlfriend. I love her with all my heart, although that may seem contradictive from what I’ve written above.

tl;dr although I love my girlfriend very much I think about infidelity constantly. I am clueless about what to do, and I really need some help. This keeps me up at night.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
What is with these people telling raunchy stories at a family event where grandma is probably there? I feel like this has come up more than once.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

zakharov posted:

What is with these people telling raunchy stories at a family event where grandma is probably there? I feel like this has come up more than once.

Depends on whether or not everyone is used to it. At my niece's christening outside the church my grandfather decided to tell the story of one of his buddies sticking various produce from the kitchen up his rear end to try and get a Section 8 in Korea, only to be banned from the mess hall entirely. Then he told the story again back at the house and we realized he was going senile.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Depends on whether or not everyone is used to it. At my niece's christening outside the church my grandfather decided to tell the story of one of his buddies sticking various produce from the kitchen up his rear end to try and get a Section 8 in Korea, only to be banned from the mess hall entirely. Then he told the story again back at the house and we realized he was going senile.

Actually that's how they determine your eligibility for entitlements in Korea. You guys thought America was bad...

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

I’ve been in recovery for eight years. The worst I’ve ever had it was at a random mixer at a bar and some random guy heard me saying that I don’t drink and started talking poo poo. He literally said, “I am making it my mission to get you to drink alcohol tonight” and wouldn’t let it go despite no one knowing who this guy was. I ended up just bailing on the night because it was either punch an rear end in a top hat or leave. In hindsight I realize I could have just spoken to a bouncer or a bartender and get the guy ejected, but whatever.

Some people are just assholes.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I really don't get people who see it as their mission to get non-drinkers to drink.

I had a friend from India, never eaten meat and never drank. Partly religious reasons but mostly cultural.

Some people at work kept trying to encourage him to try alcohol. I was just like "hey, if he doesn't want to drink, he doesn't want to drink, chill out. We can drink for him".

Hanging around friends as the only sober one is pretty grim for me, but if he doesn't mind/has fun good for him.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Kitchner posted:

I really don't get people who see it as their mission to get non-drinkers to drink.

I had a friend from India, never eaten meat and never drank. Partly religious reasons but mostly cultural.

Some people at work kept trying to encourage him to try alcohol. I was just like "hey, if he doesn't want to drink, he doesn't want to drink, chill out. We can drink for him".

Hanging around friends as the only sober one is pretty grim for me, but if he doesn't mind/has fun good for him.

They think people who don't drink are better than them, so they accuse them of thinking that they're better than them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My ex-wife would constantly complain that I wouldn't drink with her. But even if I wanted to, I had to stay sober regardless because she'd otherwise do things like try to jump off the second floor balcony rather than taking the stairs because she forgot something in the car.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's the same sort of insecurities and persecution complexes some people get when they find out a vegan is in the same room as them. They suddenly just assume that person is judging them, feels superior, thinks they're a bad person. They can't just let the vegan eat in peace, they have to grill them to try to get an answer they can twist into a superiority complex.

I've certainly seen both at some parties. The person who just can't let up when they find out someone doesn't drink. They just have to find out WHY. Is it a medical condition? Recovering alcoholic? Pregnant? The wrong answer is that you just don't like drinking. That will get you the person telling you all about how great drinking is, how you need to loosen up, how they don't trust someone who doesn't drink, what do you have to hide, why are you scared to loosen up, do you think you're better than the rest of us?

It's really sad.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
What, you DON'T have an account on the Something Awful Forums? I'm hereby declaring it my LIFE'S MISSION to get you to register an account tonight and I WILL NOT SHUT UP about it until you do!!

I mean sure, it might lead to a crippling lifelong addiction that will almost certainly disenfranchise you from friends and family and cause damage both emotional and physical that you'll never be able to heal, but dude!!! You gotta!!

It's just that dumb

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'm a few pages behind, so I just saw that baby shower cake. I'm on my pc, my husband's on his. I literally said out loud, "holy gently caress that's horrible". He started to turn around to see what I was reacting to and I said "No. You don't want to see." and quickly moused back off the spoiler tag.

Normally I perversely delight in showing him awful stuff I find on these here forums (he's not a goon). But that cake... I finally found my boundary. Good job, everyone.

(I want to post it over in the Anti Food Porn thread but am not even brave enough to do that)

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I am not, no. How is that a reasonable business model? Do people actually resubscribe after the third harassment with enough frequency that it's worth spending your sales reps' time?

You usually only have 1-3 choices for cable / internet companies in any geographic location, so people will eventually circle around again if you have the best/fastest service or best deal.

Especially at a rental property when you might have a totally new person there next time you knock on the door.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'm a few pages behind, so I just saw that baby shower cake. I'm on my pc, my husband's on his. I literally said out loud, "holy gently caress that's horrible". He started to turn around to see what I was reacting to and I said "No. You don't want to see." and quickly moused back off the spoiler tag.

Normally I perversely delight in showing him awful stuff I find on these here forums (he's not a goon). But that cake... I finally found my boundary. Good job, everyone.

(I want to post it over in the Anti Food Porn thread but am not even brave enough to do that)

It's definitately some sort of hosed up Memento Liquet type situation.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I was curious if everyone was going to just be calling it a shitpost, and they edited it, to:

quote:

So to summarize my speech, it went something like: "When me and Colleen went to college together, Colleen let loose and changed completely from her days at Catholic school, but then she met Mike and it seemed like he calmed her down, I am happy for them and wish them much success"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

It's the same sort of insecurities and persecution complexes some people get when they find out a vegan is in the same room as them. They suddenly just assume that person is judging them, feels superior, thinks they're a bad person. They can't just let the vegan eat in peace, they have to grill them to try to get an answer they can twist into a superiority complex.

I've certainly seen both at some parties. The person who just can't let up when they find out someone doesn't drink. They just have to find out WHY. Is it a medical condition? Recovering alcoholic? Pregnant? The wrong answer is that you just don't like drinking. That will get you the person telling you all about how great drinking is, how you need to loosen up, how they don't trust someone who doesn't drink, what do you have to hide, why are you scared to loosen up, do you think you're better than the rest of us?

It's really sad.

As someone who seldom drinks I have to wonder how many people just drink because it's what's expected of them socially rather than any sense of personal enjoyment and are mad that you've found this one weird trick to get out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

drinking has been embedded in humanity and cultures for a very very very long time, while this alone doesn't make it okay to be a dick to those not drinking, it might shed some light on the "why do people like to drink and act weird when you don't partake?? " question that a lot of you seem to be struggling with.

i recommend the book"the story of drunkenness" by mark forsyth