Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Did they modify the m4 at all or is it still the best gun in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Played my first Ground War Realism on the Airplane Graveyard map. It was loving awesome. It's a dope map.

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

Played my first Ground War Realism on the Airplane Graveyard map. It was loving awesome. It's a dope map.

TOTALLY. Id kill for a Graveyard / Realism playlist.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imagine being such a spiteful dweeb that you hope something other people are looking forward to is bad.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I like Rust a lot. And like Shipment..I’m sure you bitches will flip opinions soon. It’s refreshing to have more verticality in maps.

Too bad Highrise was a Treyarch map.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Housh posted:

Buddy do you EVEN call of duty???

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Buddy do you EVEN call of duty???
Sorry mixed up.

loving bring Terminal and Highrise to MW 2019 now!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Housh posted:

I like Rust a lot. And like Shipment..I’m sure you bitches will flip opinions soon. It’s refreshing to have more verticality in maps.

I don’t mind it either. Not quite as chaotic as shipment but a fun distraction if you want to play a couple of quick rounds and level some poo poo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Housh posted:

Is that last part legit? Like can they not give us Nuketown in this one? I figured since everyone is under Activision’ wing they could move around different assets as necessary

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

veni veni veni posted:

Imagine being such a spiteful dweeb that you hope something other people are looking forward to is bad.

Some people just want to complain about other people having fun. Total Karen move.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Is that last part legit? Like can they not give us Nuketown in this one? I figured since everyone is under Activision’ wing they could move around different assets as necessary

They can because it's gotta all be owned by Activision, but they won't.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Outside of COD Mobile and COD China I don’t think they’ve ever crossed between franchises outside of the barest effort like getting a Capt Price skin in Blackout or that Infinite Warfare Easter egg in Nuketown.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Spanish Manlove posted:

The combined nerfs have curbed it. Now it won't reliably beat other guns that should be better at range/up close

Carecat fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 13, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Carecat posted:

The combined nerfs have curbed it. Now it won't reliably beat other guns should be better at range/up close

drat. Oh well guess I'll try out the new ar

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My wishes for ground war:

Ammo deposits are more clearly marked or on the map somehow

Ammo deposits fill your reserve to full in one use

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

They nerfed it and 10mm ammo on the MP5 very slightly a couple of weeks ago (headshot damage and dropoff were nerfed slightly so headshots at range don't shave as many shots off the body hits needed to kill) and buffed the M13 to have much lower recoil and better dropoff.

The only real result is now the MP5 is the uncontested best gun in the game instead of the M4, and the M4 is merely a little bit better than the TAR/Kilo/SIG.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 13, 2020

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

My wishes for ground war:

Ammo deposits are more clearly marked or on the map somehow

Ammo deposits fill your reserve to full in one use

As someone who plays groundwar solely to shoot down killstreaks I can appreciate this comment.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lemon-Lime posted:

They nerfed it and 10mm ammo on the M4 very slightly a couple of weeks ago (headshot damage and dropoff were nerfed slightly so headshots at range don't shave as many shots off the body hits needed to kill) and buffed the M13 to have much lower recoil and better dropoff.

The only real result is now the MP5 is the uncontested best gun in the game instead of the M4, and the M4 is merely a little bit better than the TAR/Kilo/SIG.

Cool, I have an MP5 loadout I like so I'll probably use that or the new AR for a while.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
MP5 is still a murder machine at everything except the longest ranges. I think it comes down to the really quick sprint-to-fire and ADS plus the bullet spew fire rate. If it fired or scoped even a little slower it'd be much better balanced I think.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Streaks in BR

https://twitter.com/thegamingrevoyt/status/1227996121378754562?s=21

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I would put the RAM-7 on the same tier as the M4 post-recoil nerf. The M4 nerfs were no joke: it takes 1 more headshot at any real range to kill someone and its range got brought down to RAM range. The RAM has less cool random attachments. The RAM gets a slightly better TTK and 6% better ADS strafe speed over the M4. The RAM's medium barrel adds 25% range, but does not affect your ADS speed. The medium barrel on the M4 adds 30% range but adds one ADS frame. Their recoil is almost identical, just mirrored.

It's really splitting hairs at this point. They're basically the same gun. I like the RAM7 because I really value ADS strafe speed & it looks like a cool future gun and the corruptor blueprint is rad and doesn't really change when you add attachments.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gameplay footage of the BR training area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6R-xTYjK-o

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Squad buyback? Is that a squad respawn?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hit the targets!

Flashbang thru the door!

Shoot the targets!

Sprint to the finish!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Did they slow down battlepass progression, or did the double xp weekend gently caress with my head? I just played a bunch and didn't even get 2 tiers complete.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m digging the currency thing. That is pretty cool.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Crustashio posted:

Did they slow down battlepass progression, or did the double xp weekend gently caress with my head? I just played a bunch and didn't even get 2 tiers complete.

Double tier hosed with your head unless you have a different idea of “played a bunch”

2 tiers should take about 2-3 hours depending on how well you’re actually playing.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

jase1 posted:

Squad buyback? Is that a squad respawn?

There have been lots of leaks that imply a respawn system. One of the more hilarious ones had data implying some kind of 1v1 fist fight to the death in the gulag to earn a respawn

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Crustashio posted:

If anything they sped it up but I’m pretty sure it’s the exact same. I got to lvl 3 1/2 in a little under 2 hours last night I think

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Guess I must have just played a lot more S1 than I thought, I ended up around level 88 but now I just want that drat new AR.

edit: Didn't think you could make spawns on the level of shipment on a bigger map, but they did it with rust. It's absolute loving trash for spawning

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 13, 2020

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
theyll fix the spawns later. im sure no one bothered to look at the spawn coding before release

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Rust is better than shipment because its slightly more playable and not just a lottery if you get a good spawn or not. Definitely helps to play objective gametypes so that you are at least spawning in your teams corner.

finished at the top of the field most games last night using the Firehose blueprint on the PKM.

headquarters should not be a gametype on that map (or any map)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I like rust

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Yeah honestly I haven't gotten spawn killed as much as I would have with shipment. Shipment was better for grinding stuff out on though.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
My controller had both a hilarious amount input lag and was sporadically completely unresponsive last night but I was still able to get double & triple kills by holding down the fire button on Shipment.

Shipment is good.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So how do you get Akimbo? I thought it was a perk like in BLOPs but I don't see it anywhere, just scrolled through the battlepass and couldn't find it either

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It's a gun perk, you can see the requirements for each pistol by going to the perks and scrolling down.

Re: rust. Maybe it's just the teams I played (a lotta damascus) but I counted multiple times where I died 4-5 times in a row on spawn. Usually from an elevated position, you can see a lot of the corner spawns from the center of the map.

Also lol @ IW letting people run killchain with ghost. GW matches were ridiculous today.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does kill chain+ pointman work together at all?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can't tell if weapon leveling is just that much slower without Shipment or the game isn't giving me green dots for new weapon attachments.

I don't think I had 5 optics on the Grau last time I checked but I can't be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does kill chain+ pointman work together at all?
No because they apparently made it so pointman innately has a killchain-esque effect (kills with streaks give you +100 pointman score post-patch).