Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Hunt11 (5): Bifauxnen, Dragonatrix, Bifauxnen, Dragonatrix, Amnistar, Amnistar, Jen X, Monathin, Dragonatrix, Jen X, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (4): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, alli again, Iron Chef Ramen, Jen X, Hunt11, Dragonatrix, Jen X
Iron Chef Ramen (3): Bifauxnen, Leith Maclaine, MegaZeroX, King Burgundy, CCKeane, Mr. Steak, Anomalous Amalgam, Leith Maclaine, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Mr. Steak
Ruggan (2): CCKeane, CCKeane, SolusLunes, Jen X
Leith Maclaine (1): Social Studies 3rd Period
Amnistar (1): Anomalous Amalgam, MegaZeroX, MegaZeroX, Anomalous Amalgam, Ruggan
Jen X (1): b-minus1, SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Lynch No One! (1): PMush Perfect, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
SolusLunes (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Jen X, Jen X
Anomalous Amalgam (0): PMush Perfect, SolusLunes, Amnistar, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, PMush Perfect, Amnistar, Lux Animus, SolusLunes, Lux Animus
Bifauxnen (0): Monathin, Monathin, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
MegaZeroX (0): Monathin, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Amnistar, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Lux Animus, Lux Animus, Bifauxnen, Amnistar, Amnistar, CCKeane, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, CCKeane, Amnistar, Monathin, Anomalous Amalgam
PMush Perfect (0): CCKeane, Amnistar, CCKeane, Amnistar
alli again (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
b-minus1 (0): Jen X, Dragonatrix, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Jen X, Dragonatrix
King Burgundy (0): Social Studies 3rd Period, Social Studies 3rd Period

Not Voting (3): charms, Leith Maclaine, Lux Animus

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2020 at 8 p.m. PST -- that's in about 3 hours, 15 minutes.

About to start the dinner/kid bed time/etc dance, so I'm not going to be around soon to swap my vote until at best 30 min till deadline, but possibly not at all.

Not planning on voting ICR or Steak. I'd consider Pmush in case the no cuddle thing was indeed a gambit I guess. I'd go back to Mega. I'd consider Lux for meta reasons, this doesn't seem like the Lux I just played with in last soldiers. I'd still feel bad about Ruggan, but I can still see that one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If you haven't already, remember to put your build orders in.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
##vote Hunt

While I have been liking this somewhat less and less as time goes on, I do feel like it's still the best option we actually have.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I'm reading today's post, initial thoughts.

Steak is being Steak and I'm tired of voting him D1 and him being town.

I don't like the no lunch vote of Pmush so I can see that one.

Not liking Hunt's wanting to focus on build wincon and not hunting scum. Why not both?

Charms is still lurking pretty hard.

##vote Hunt

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Leith Maclaine posted:

General comment,

As JenX said that she had reasons to believe ICR was not scum,

I have reasons to believe CCKeane is Town.

wtf ok how much of this poo poo can be going on

ICR and Dragonatrix are y'all suuuuuure your alignment is mod confirmed to each other as explicitly town

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Double checking exact wording, and yeah. It's very explicit on that front.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Absolutely.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

I'm reading today's post, initial thoughts.

Steak is being Steak and I'm tired of voting him D1 and him being town.

I don't like the no lunch vote of Pmush so I can see that one.

Not liking Hunt's wanting to focus on build wincon and not hunting scum. Why not both?

Charms is still lurking pretty hard.

##vote Hunt

I am pretty sure I am going to die I am going to accept that fact but at the very least don't put words in my mouth. My point was that the build condition would be harder to achieve then the kill scum condition and thus should not be the priority.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok wonder what's up with these other peeps then

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also assuming that they are lovers then they will be both dying tonight because they only have to hit one of them.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

Also assuming that they are lovers then they will be both dying tonight because they only have to hit one of them.

why would you assume this?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Because when one lover dies they both die.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Bifauxnen posted:

ok wonder what's up with these other peeps then

I am deducing CCKeane based on build preferences and information on my card. I may be very wrong but it is something.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

King Burgundy posted:

I know I'm leaning on last game a lot, but I haven't played in a while and it is still fresh. You thought Amni was scum for most of our last game together, right? He wasn't. If you reflect on that, does it change anything about your current read?

Fwiw, I find Amnis posting valuable so far this game, and if he is scum, he is scum I don't want to cuddle yet. I don't think he is though.

And when we go after the helpful town posters because we think they are fronting, soon all we are left with is the non helpful ones. There is a time and place for that and it isn't d1.

I reread my posts from that game. I wavered on Amni a few times but never had a super strong read. I tracked them at one point but as a fallback for Quid where I thought I’d be blocked. Amni also died that night.

My reread doesn’t change my stance on Amni in this game.

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Hunt11 posted:

i think the question was why would you assume they're lovers

Ruggan posted:

I reread my posts from that game. I wavered on Amni a few times but never had a super strong read. I tracked them at one point but as a fallback for Quid where I thought I’d be blocked. Amni also died that night.

My reread doesn’t change my stance on Amni in this game.

would you be willing to review and respond to my criticisms of your case

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

On the one hand, I obviously don't want this to happen.

...On the other hand, I would find it hilarious if I accidentally just galaxy brained myself into this happening.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Hunt11 posted:

I am pretty sure I am going to die I am going to accept that fact but at the very least don't put words in my mouth. My point was that the build condition would be harder to achieve then the kill scum condition and thus should not be the priority.

Fair enough, I'll reread it

##unvote

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

alli again posted:

i think the question was why would you assume they're lovers

Because they have claimed to share a mason chat.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hunt11 posted:

not all masons are lovers bro

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Hunt11 posted:

i would say most masons are not also lovers, honestly

pedit: bif beat me

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Guess I have learned something else then.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

It happens just often enough to keep people honest.

Also, Masons are also not always town, there are scum masons out there. Steak was one a few games ago.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
What’s going on In this thread

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I tried to commit to a full thread reread at like midnight last night and that was a bad idea because I didn't even finish and now I'm tired.

Anyway here's my list of 21 faces:

Day 1 Lumpings:
    SCUM FEEL, LOW-CONTENT
  1. Social Studies 3rd Period - Who? This poster is lurking and posting in a very generic fashion.
  2. charms - Talks mostly about mechanics and threw light shade on me for not explaining my project votes. New player though... I would not vote them today if possible.

SCUM FEEL, MID-CONTENT
  3. Ruggan - I really don't like their vote on Amnistar after Amni claimed to be useful for the Rainbow Drop Project. They've been posting more developed thoughts lately which is helpful if we flip them. They are also extremely new, all of which makes me nervous to vote them Day 1.
  4. Dragonatrix - Has claimed a Confirmed Masonry with Iron Chef Ramen since I started writing this post, so I would rather wait to see what happens to the Masonry pairing tonight rather than vote either of them off today. Seemed to jump on the Mr. Steak vote a little late.
  5. Jen X - Jumped on the Mr. Steak vote even later than Dragonatrix, for was seemed like scornful reasons upon seeing Mr. Steak flail.

SCUM LEAN, LOW-CONTENT
  6. Iron Chef Ramen - Has claimed a Confirmed Masonry with Iron Chef Ramen since I started writing this post, so I would not vote today.
  7. b-minus1 - When I see that 80's workout bird I always know I won't need to read too much, as the content they provide tends to be very light and down not make much of a splash. Would vote Day 1.
  8. CCKeane - I've never seen a scum CCKeane before... and I'm afraid that his posting style is easily performed regardless of alignment.
  9. Hunt11 - I've only played one game with Hunt11 and I don't think his desire to deal only with mechanics and not make reads Day 1 is indicative of his alignment, but rather his experience with other players. That said, I've disagreed with their opinion on some Projects and others have pointed out that Hunt11's Project choices may be a scum-tell. I would rather not vote them Day1 as they are also an extremely new player but I have to draw the line if a person seems genuinely scummy enough.

SCUMMY-NULL
  10. alli again - They seem busy and more than a little too preoccupied to make reads and get stuff done. I get that - I've been in that boat the past few days, but that doesn't endear them to me as super-towny as a result.
  11. SolusLunes - Beyond their scumclaim gambit I must confess I haven't seen them doing much else at all to drive the scumhunting conversation or to capitalize on their own gambit's results. This poster is a person to watch, especially because they'd outright claimed scum so now we'll all feel dumb if they flip as a scumbo that had been hiding in plain sight. What a pain!
  12. King Burgundy - I tend to agree with King Burgundy's thoughts and reads and tend to give him a wider berth than most players, and this was detrimental in the last game where he killed me & my master in the last night of Fate Soldiers Mafia. I don't want to let my guard down this time.
  13. Monathin - I can see Monathan being incredibly busy town or incredibly flustered scum. Obviously I'd rather he be town but some of the info he's been missing or glossing over might instead be an effort to spread misinformation.

TOWNY-NULL
  14. Anomalous Amalgam - They're paying more attention than before and making cases that seem to have some legs at least, compared to when I had my vote on them earlier today. Out of everyone in my Towny categories, I would still vote for AA to avoid a no-axe today.
  15. Lux Animus - Null/self-read
  16. MegaZeroX - Didn't like their super-early read on Anomalous Amalgam as town, as it seemed premature to make such a call (unless you're in a confirmed Masonry, I suppose). I did like them showing up the the thread in the last 24 hours and posting what seems to me a lot more like their town game.
  17. Mr. Steak - As far as I know Mr. Steak as scum has a lot more confidence than what I'm seeing here today.

TOWN LEAN, LOW CONTENT
  18. PMush Perfect - Their newness explains their reasoning for why they'd prefer to no-vote today. Let's let her get to Day 2 at least, so she can delve into the meat of the night-mechanics-chat that she craves.
  19. Leith Maclaine - From their posts they have lead me to believe that they may have a useful support role? I'm not getting any malevolent vibes from this poster, though I would like to see more analysis from them.

TOWN READ, MID+ CONTENT
  20. Bifauxnen - Playing their town game, from what I can tell. Engaged with the game despite time zones, tried to stir up conversation and catch people in any potential lies or double-meanings.
  21. Amnistar - Doing the Lord's work with all the spreadsheet stuff and also pushing people to engage with the thread in general. They have also claimed to be useful for one of the endgame Project goals so I doubt this player (if actually town) will make it very far without getting NK'd.

My top votes for Day 1 (at this very moment) are: Jen X / Social Studies 3rd Period / CCKeane, none of whom are near the vote leader(s)... oh well.

Honorable mentions go to charms, Hunt11, and Ruggan for being tempting vote targets that I'd prefer to put off for later due to their newness.

I'm going to put this vote here and rejoin the thread in about an hour when I can get to a computer again:

##vote Jen X

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

alli again posted:

would you be willing to review and respond to my criticisms of your case

Yes, what are they?

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Ruggan posted:

Yes, what are they?

alli again posted:

regarding the amni case they posted below, i think it leaves out context from amni's filter; for example the "retaliatory" vote leaves out Amni's reasoning, which was mentioned one or two posts above in the filter, and the aa vote was justified in a different context, not for the same reasons. if i'm spotting these with 2 minutes in the filter than I have trouble believing that it's constructed in good faith and that makes me uncomfortable

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hunt11 posted:

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Hunt11 posted:

holy loving poo poo this exchange was hilarious

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##vote PMush

Going for it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Oh good, I'm not the only one.

I idea of choosing a no lunch on purpose D1 is abhorrent.

##vote PMush

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m not gonna vote pmush. I don’t think the nl suggestion was scummy even though I think it’s a bad idea

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

alli again posted:

for the record, given their posting so far, i'm not opposed to this.

regarding the amni case they posted below, i think it leaves out context from amni's filter; for example the "retaliatory" vote leaves out Amni's reasoning, which was mentioned one or two posts above in the filter, and the aa vote was justified in a different context, not for the same reasons. if i'm spotting these with 2 minutes in the filter than I have trouble believing that it's constructed in good faith and that makes me uncomfortable

I went and looked again, first pass even struggled to find what you were referring to. Was it this post?

Amnistar posted:

For me its mega pretending my removal of a vote from solus for having a meta defense on claiming scum is a scum tell, followed by how much they are flailing when pressure is applied.

I realize I'm not voting but consider my vote there. Dont want to rush a cuddle until we have all the day 1 information from setup we are going to get.

I’ll be honest, that first sentence is really confusing to me... but I’m pretty sure simplified it is “voting Mega because they voted me for something I did”. Mega found Amni’s actions scummy, which Amni found scummy... which is sort of retaliatory, is it not?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Oh good, I'm not the only one.

I idea of choosing a no lunch on purpose D1 is abhorrent.

##vote PMush

I wrote this down as super suspect as well. I would be open to switching to PMush if that gains momentum too.

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Ruggan posted:

I went and looked again, first pass even struggled to find what you were referring to. Was it this post?

I’ll be honest, that first sentence is really confusing to me... but I’m pretty sure simplified it is “voting Mega because they voted me for something I did”. Mega found Amni’s actions scummy, which Amni found scummy... which is sort of retaliatory, is it not?

Is it really, though? When read in context, there are 6 posts from Mega in between his vote of Amni and that post from Amni and in there a ton of other people seem to agree that that specific vote (Mega voting Amni) is bad, and the "flailing" seems to be referencing Mega's response to questions asked about why they're so confident in their AA read

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Ruggan posted:

I wrote this down as super suspect as well. I would be open to switching to PMush if that gains momentum too.

Then you should move now. I don't think your single vote on amni is going to get any traction, PMush at 3 will get attention.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ill do it if theres the numbers ##vote pmuch

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

ill do it if theres the numbers ##vote pmuch

Need to correct spelling, Steak.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

Need to correct spelling, Steak.

votefinder caught it anyway :)

That's 3

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Remind me, the case on Pmush is literally just their advocacy for a NL?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mmmm, i mean, it would be kind of a low info lunch. hunt is probably better after all ##vote hunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Seems that way.

Steak is still scum, BTW