Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote GK

I think using the freebie cuddle is a good idea. Posting has not gotten better, they aren't scum hunting, and it doesn't cost the town a ton if we are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I don't know if Cult Amni's plan was to sink the GK vote with WIFOM, but the only way of flipping in cult games is to cuddle, and we should not waste a free one.

In particular with GK, note that his flavor implied he was a toy. Given all that happened, it feels like toys are cult this game.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

MegaZeroX posted:

I don't know if Cult Amni's plan was to sink the GK vote with WIFOM, but the only way of flipping in cult games is to cuddle, and we should not waste a free one.

In particular with GK, note that his flavor implied he was a toy. Given all that happened, it feels like toys are cult this game.

I am not cult.

We should flip GK because they're a lurker and we have the free ability to do so today.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So Amni seems to be sane again which makes what happened yesterday seem more like a bit then any actual action from scum. So then the question becomes what motivated them to do such a thing. I agree with Mega that we should flip GK and just hope we get some information from it for tomorrow. Outside of that I think Amni is next on the chopping block unless someone has an idea about what them post like that yesterday.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

jesus christ.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I didnt post anything yesterdqy.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Mr. Humalong (3): Sandwolf, merk, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, b-minus1, b-minus1, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf
Amnistar (3): GulagDolls, dmboogie, Eat The Rich
George Kansas (3): Amnistar, dmboogie, Anomalous Amalgam, Dragonatrix, MegaZeroX, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, merk, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, Amnistar
Eat The Rich (1): b-minus1
Leith Maclaine (1): Nep-Nep, Amnistar, Amnistar
Retro Futurist (0): dmboogie, dmboogie
Hunt11 (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, George Kansas, Hal Incandenza, Hunt11, Leith Maclaine, Retro Futurist, Ruggan

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 14th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 55 minutes.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'm not entirely convinced we won't get his flip either way at this point, but since we're barreling towards deadline we really can't keep waffling on this so if we're gonna GK we should get it outta the way sooner rather than later now.

##vote GK

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm not entirely convinced we won't get his flip either way at this point, but since we're barreling towards deadline we really can't keep waffling on this so if we're gonna cuddle GK we should get it outta the way sooner rather than later now.

Mafia edit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
##vote GK

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah alright ##vote gk

There's also zero point examining what amni did yesterday as all we have on it is unreliable narration.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Scum are gonna roll to a victory

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not super interested in voting hum based on any of the cases being made. Yes he made a weird vote but then it was explained in a sensible way. Sure he could be lying about the flavor but it seems more likely that he's being honest.

RF clearly was voting because he cannot read, I can't see why merk is still all about voting hum though

Hal Incandenza posted:

You are on fire lately my man

I don't see any particular reason to vote amnistar other than maybe to put them out of their misery, IP flipping both town and doll may mean the whole cult is just meaningless. If it keeps spreading though and everyone has to be a puppet this game will be... a chore

For now lets just vote for the scum who are anyone who was voting humalong for terrible reasons

##vote Hal

It's actually Hal. He comes in to defend the vote leader (at the time) with low analysis on two votes made against him. He then comes in later to say we should vote 'the scum [voting humalong]' without any analysis whatsoever of who to vote.

This is scum Hal. He's not scum hunting. He's just kind of actively participating without moving the needle on who to lynch in any way or making calls of his own that matter at all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
FWIW I don't care that this is a cult game - cult games are fine. I think PRs are horrible setup decisions and ruin games. If you want to see me get modkilled, give me a PR because I won't follow it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

##vote Hal

It's actually Hal. He comes in to defend the vote leader (at the time) with low analysis on two votes made against him. He then comes in later to say we should vote 'the scum [voting humalong]' without any analysis whatsoever of who to vote.

This is scum Hal. He's not scum hunting. He's just kind of actively participating without moving the needle on who to lynch in any way or making calls of his own that matter at all.

This is further supported by d1 Hal. His reads are immaterial and do not give him any culpability whatsoever if people are lynched (says IP is town; has a light scum read on GK that he votes (could be distancing); votes Steak but doesn't actually think Steak is scum?).

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Merk, do you think GK is worth keeping around for a day?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

FWIW I don't care that this is a cult game - cult games are fine. I think PRs are horrible setup decisions and ruin games. If you want to see me get modkilled, give me a PR because I won't follow it.

Sounds like something someone who hands out PRs would say, FWIW

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I say get rid of GK, let's not leave a nebulous presence who somehow evaded death d1 continue on.

##vote GK

That he should even come back to explain his business or play in any capacity looks telling.

Looks like uninvested, disinterested, AND truly busy, scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sounds like something someone who hands out PRs would say, FWIW

What are your reads right now AA?

Specifically about GK as a free cuddle and the people that were acting wierd at deadline D1?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ninja'd on half of that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

Merk, do you think GK is worth keeping around for a day?

Yes. He also is still lurker so will be a free lynch tomorrow. I'm not sure why there is a rush here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

Yes. He also is still lurker so will be a free lynch tomorrow. I'm not sure why there is a rush here.

Also weird.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

Only be a free cuddle tommorrow ifnthey dont do a bunch of posts today. I feel like we are setting ourselves up for losing the free cuddle because GK posts a few times closer to deadline.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote hal

I will not vote gk.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Votecount for Day 2

George Kansas (7): Amnistar, dmboogie, Anomalous Amalgam, Dragonatrix, MegaZeroX, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, merk, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, Hunt11, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam
Hal Incandenza (2): merk, b-minus1
Mr. Humalong (1): Sandwolf, merk, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, b-minus1, b-minus1, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf, Dragonatrix, merk
Eat The Rich (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (4): George Kansas, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Ruggan

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 14th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 14 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
He made a claim that I believe in the context of what others have claimed and flipped. He also may have results if he hangs around tonight or needs to be addressed by scum/cult if town.

He's also not posting and likely will be freely lynchable tomorrow.

I think lynching him today is a mistake.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That said, if it's lynch GK or lynch no one today, I'll vote to lynch GK. Looking at that votecount, it might make sense to hammer him so we can move on to bigger and better things with the short time left.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I'm OK flipping Hal after we flip GK

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Since he is already a free cuddle now, no need to expect the free cuddle to come tomorrow, as they could come barreling in near the deadline for all we know.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

merk posted:

He made a claim that I believe in the context of what others have claimed and flipped. He also may have results if he hangs around tonight or needs to be addressed by scum/cult if town.

He's also not posting and likely will be freely lynchable tomorrow.

I think lynching him today is a mistake.

this

merk posted:

this too

this town is complete dogshit lol. it's pointless to even say anything

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MegaZeroX posted:

I'm OK flipping Hal after we flip GK

Are you now, and why is that?

Yes I've been kind of lazy but that's usually how I am in big games early on. I'm happy to let you guys do the work while I just weigh in if you are dumb or not until things get going

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

[quote="GulagDolls" post=""502504453"]
this town is complete dogshit lol. it's pointless to even say anything
[/quote]

I wouldn't go quite that far

But yeah some lazy folks besides me in this thread. At least I'm thinking about things

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anywho you can kill me later today if you want but we should just ##vote GK first because this doesn't seem like it will get any better and their claim isn't all that great anyway, I don't think an every other day watcher is very useful in this game even if it's true and it could be a scum role

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This lunch on GK is shambolic. Especially whoever was just claiming we run the risk of GK actually participating if he don’t kill him.

Bad logic.

AA’s posts today have an air of confidence and flippancy that strikes me as scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll vote GK to prevent a no lunch but I think it’s a stupid vote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I say get rid of GK, let's not leave a nebulous presence who somehow evaded death d1 continue on.

##vote GK

That he should even come back to explain his business or play in any capacity looks telling.

Looks like uninvested, disinterested, AND truly busy, scum.

This post is awful, but that last sentence is just..on another planet. In what world do scum do this?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MegaZeroX posted:

this was not GK who did this, someone ELSE came in and said it made sense as a “windup watcher” or something and then Hum said way too much about gearwork toys.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

George Kansas (8): Amnistar, dmboogie, Anomalous Amalgam, Dragonatrix, MegaZeroX, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, merk, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, Hunt11, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (2): merk, b-minus1
Mr. Humalong (1): Sandwolf, merk, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, b-minus1, b-minus1, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf, Dragonatrix, merk
Eat The Rich (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (3): George Kansas, Leith Maclaine, Ruggan

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 14th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 10 hours, 18 minutes.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I've been wanting the free lunch on GK for awhile and got talked out of it yesterday. No major change in posting so

##vote GK

Crunch week is almost over so able to write more this afternoon.

BTW: What the hell Amni, I got to read all of your stuff now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Fine. Let's get to real discussion. ##vote GK

:redhammer: