Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i would willingly become a human battery Matrix me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

THAT'S NOT THE SAME AND YOU KNOW IT

quote:

Soran: We're all going to die sometime. It's just a question of how and when. You will too, Captain. Aren't you beginning to feel time gaining on you? It's like a predator; it's stalking you. Oh, you can try and outrun it with doctors, medicines, new technologies. But in the end, time is going to hunt you down... and make the kill.

Picard: It's our mortality that defines us, Soran. It's part of the truth of our existence.

:colbert:

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Picture a (Nexus) wave...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Could you conceivably create a nexus wave inside the matrix

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

zoux posted:

When 79 years you reach, look as good, you will not.

Actors who look old prematurely (whether naturally like Stewart's early onset baldness or due to makeup in an iconic role like Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown) have it better than a lot of people when it comes to public perception of their aging but when it finally catches up to them it hits really hard. If they're lucky they retire before that and then you get things like people still making jokes about Sean Connery being ageless when he shriveled up into a tiny old man over a decade ago but has remained out of the public eye.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Steve Martin is another one, he’s looked old for the last 40 years so you don’t really notice him aging.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Wilford Brimley looks the same as he did in Cocoon and that was 30+ years ago. There is actually a fun twitter account called the Brinley Line, which wishes happy birthday to actors and actresses when they turn as old as Brimley was when Cocoon debuted. Jennifer Aniston hit it a couple weeks ago.

Edit: most recent person to hit the line

https://twitter.com/BrimleyLine/status/1226096617524256768?s=19

Also, Kirk Douglas was a rare Double Brimley member.

swickles fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 13, 2020

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Steve Martin is another one, he’s looked old for the last 40 years so you don’t really notice him aging.

I don't know what's worse, Steve Martin with black hair in Little Shop of Horrors or Patrick Stewart with hair in I, Claudius.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sleeveless posted:

I don't know what's worse, Steve Martin with black hair in Little Shop of Horrors or Patrick Stewart with hair in I, Claudius.

Steve Martin looks like he’s about to sing music for 14 year olds to cry to.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Croatoan posted:

So are you guys saying that Josh Gad gets better in Avenue 5? I just watched episode 2 and he's still annoying.

No but avenue 5 in general gets better around him.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

swickles posted:

Wilford Brimley looks the same as he did in Cocoon and that was 30+ years ago. There is actually a fun twitter account called the Brinley Line, which wishes happy birthday to actors and actresses when they turn as old as Brimley was when Cocoon debuted. Jennifer Aniston hit it a couple weeks ago.

Edit: most recent person to hit the line

https://twitter.com/BrimleyLine/status/1226096617524256768?s=19

Also, Kirk Douglas was a rare Double Brimley member.

https://twitter.com/BrimleyLine/status/1225408953095421952

Wow, freaking ageless elves man.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/clarknova1/status/1228054489481043975?s=21

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Thor 3, man

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Locke & Key was fine. I loved the comics and the show was pretty decent when it was focusing on the keys, the house, or the family dynamic but they spend about 50% of the show's time on some pretty terrible high school/teen romance scenes. Outside of the main actors the casting is fairly bad and they really dropped the ball on casting the main villain(s), although I thought they did a good job with the Sam Lesser character.

I do like the way they've set up a potential/likely 2nd season and I think they are past some of the worst parts of setting up the show & characters so hopefully it'll take a big jump in quality.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

How is Miracle Workers this season overall? The first season did not look like my thing, but I'm a sucker for what season 2 is selling. It looks like it maybe has a bit of a Galavant tone to it?

Unlike s1 s2 doesn't really seem to have an overarching plot and is just about the characters living their lives in this faux-medieval world. Which is fine because the character work is better in s2.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The West Wing is very funny to watch for the first time in February 2020.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SunshineDanceParty posted:

lmao yeah, I bet

I wonder if Boston Public holds up, I used to absolutely love that

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I was invited to be a contestant on a game show and after spending 11 hours in the contestant pool they cut me and sent me home. I’m super bummed. I went through multiple interviews to get there and they said in the phone call congratulating me that there was a “very small” chance of not getting onto the show, but not to worry. Ridic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Finally got around to seeing Parasite. I don't watch movies in theaters alllll that often anymore, too much money to have someone else talk through the movie and ruin it. So these days I generally wait and watch it on the home theater.

Good poo poo. I have so many thoughts, but you guys have probably already been through them all.

Alec Eiffel posted:

Man, I was invited to be a contestant on a game show and after spending 11 hours in the contestant pool they cut me and sent me home. I’m super bummed. I went through multiple interviews to get there and they said in the phone call congratulating me that there was a “very small” chance of not getting onto the show, but not to worry. Ridic.

That really sucks. It does seem like game shows treat their contestants as pretty disposable.

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPwvKfx4Dhg

Although not quite as bad. Serious :capitalism: in that video. Extremely unethical practices if you ask me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked the first episode of High Fidelity. Zoe Kravitz owns, and naturally the soundtrack is great.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

The West Wing was funnier than Studio 60 and I'm pretty sure that keeps Aaron Sorkin up at night. That and the cocaine.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The vast majority of human existence is funnier than Studio 60.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I tried in December of '16 but my eyes hurt from rolling so much and I had to stop almost immediately. Can't imagine it 4 years in.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just finished The Good Place.

There's so much dust in here all the sudden, drat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

I just finished The Good Place.

There's so much dust in here all the sudden, drat.

Have you thought about cleaning? This place is always filthy.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Alec Eiffel posted:

Sorry to hear that. :( What game show was it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'M SO HAPPY THAT THE STRANGER THINGS SEASON FOUR THUMBNAIL FOR THE TEASER ON YOUTUBE SPOILS THE GODDAMNED TWIST

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If you thought David Harbour was dead by the end of that last season I don't know what to tell you

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s like a minute long teaser

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s like a minute long teaser

But enough about my vday plans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hakkesshu posted:

If you thought David Harbour was dead by the end of that last season I don't know what to tell you

I HAVE BEEN BAMBOOZLED

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't totally remember S3 in detail but didn't they literally reveal that at the end?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

I don't totally remember S3 in detail but didn't they literally reveal that at the end?

No.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

The mid-credits scene in the finale is set in Russia and talks about “The American” and it’s very obviously referencing Hopper

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'll spoiler it just in case:

In the stinger scene the Russians say "no, not the American," when they're selecting the victim for their captive demigoron

I figured that was implied to be David Harbor

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I just went back and checked and I guess "literally reveal" was about the worst way I could phrase it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's so blatantly Hopper at the end I couldn't believe there were people arguing otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As if they won't pull some bullshit twist. Alternate Hopper or something.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Stop making up twists. You'll just be disappointed when there is no twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think it’s just Hopper dogg