Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So I was able to get a level 53 Flakker for my Moze fairly quickly doing Slaughter Shaft, but now I gotta reacquire level 53 items for the rest of my build.

Does the reset side quests thing work for the collect-a-thing world quests? I'd like a level 53 Burning Scovile but really don't want to have to start another playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Shiftypenguin posted:

Does the reset side quests thing work for the collect-a-thing world quests? I'd like a level 53 Burning Scovile but really don't want to have to start another playthrough.

Nope, AFAIK.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Greenplastic posted:

Nope, AFAIK.

Well dang...

Would someone be kind and repost the link to the legendaries spreadsheet? Mine seems to have disappeared from my Google sheets list.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Gonna start a new character who's the most fun that's not FL4K

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Hot Diggity! posted:

Spiritual driver Amara is a bunch of fun, think Zane but everyone is on fire (including you)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Hot Diggity! posted:

Spec into Moze’s splash damage tree and never worry about aiming again.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I just one shot Princess Tarantella with the Wedding Invitation on mayhem 3. This thing is ridiculous.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
for those of you that were VIPs, they're shutting it down

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1229828101787410432?s=20
    In the lead-up to the launch of Borderlands 3, the Vault Insider Program brought you three seasons' worth of Borderlands rewards and in-game loot. Now that Borderlands 3 has launched and is being enjoyed by millions of players like you, it'll soon be time to say goodbye to the Vault Insider Program.[...]

The Vault Insider Program will be discontinued as of 11:59pm PDT on May 18, 2020. All VIP profiles will be disabled and unredeemed VIP points will be forfeited. You can still earn and spend VIP points until then, and even after the VIP shutoff, all your rewards will still be associated with your linked SHiFT account. Be sure to spend your VIP points before May 18, 2020 so you don't lose them!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Man, this game really loving died, didn't it?

The BL2 thread was more active than this one many years after the game was released.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mr Scumbag posted:

The BL2 thread was more active than this one many years after the game was released.

Its the best selling game in the franchise but a lot of people are still sitting on the fence until the Steam release, there's also not a lot to say about the game in general, it's pretty good and there's no real glaring issues or MTX woes, so the conversations tend to run out, complaints get more views and posts as you know.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 19, 2020

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I haven't even bothered to check out the event they have running, it looks so bare bones compared to the Halloween one. They had a steady stream of new content lined up post-launch, but it's slowed down a lot.

More importantly, the self-driven grinding/farming focused gameplay loop was fine back when BL2 was new, but I don't think it flies now. We really need an adventure mode.

They've been saying that Mayhem 2.0 is on the horizon, and that's a needed change, but hopefully after that we get some new ways to play and new reward systems. Right now, if you want a specific weapon with a specific anointment it'd take hundreds of hours of extremely repetitive farming to get.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

There's also the fact that BL3's droprates are incredibly generous when compared to BL2 which was very stingy, even after the level cap's increase I just went and shat on all the bosses that drop the guns I wanted and I got them within an hour or two.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

There's also the fact that BL3's droprates are incredibly generous when compared to BL2 which was very stingy, even after the level cap's increase I just went and shat on all the bosses that drop the guns I wanted and I got them within an hour or two.

Anointments and com/artifact rolls are the new grind. And anointments are pretty important for Mayhem 4.

e:I got the event guns on Amara, but i keep putting off doing so with my other characters despite the sniper rifle being great.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 19, 2020

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Not much to do if you've been playing since release. Mastered the raid and I did the V day event with one run on Slaughterstar 3000. I played this way more than BL2 though.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Monolith. posted:

Not much to do if you've been playing since release. Mastered the raid and I did the V day event with one run on Slaughterstar 3000. I played this way more than BL2 though.

Yeah I’m on track to beat my BL2 hours played if I haven’t done so already—especially if the quality of the DLC stays consistent with the Handsome Jackpot, which I really enjoyed. Game good

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can't think of any parts of BL3 that I felt was just flat out boring, BL2 started with the horrible Southern Shelf region and it felt like I was there forever, it drags a bit when you reach Nekrotafayo but you meet Typhon there so its worth it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Judge Tesla posted:

I can't think of any parts of BL3 that I felt was just flat out boring, BL2 started with the horrible Southern Shelf region and it felt like I was there forever, it drags a bit when you reach Nekrotafayo but you meet Typhon there so its worth it.

Yeah, Southern Shelf was a drag, and getting from the Bunker to the finale as well. BL3 does a good job of directing you to change up locales instead of visiting a place, doing the missions there and done with it.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Phetz posted:

Yeah I’m on track to beat my BL2 hours played if I haven’t done so already—especially if the quality of the DLC stays consistent with the Handsome Jackpot, which I really enjoyed. Game good

Oh yeah, the DLC was killer, unlike BL2 which the only good one was Assault on Dragon Keep.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

As someone who went through BL2 with a friend not long ago, It was alright; ignoring story stuff and focusing only on gameplay: the drop rates and weapons were really poo poo. You start out with horrible garbage and by the end you start getting OK stuff. In 3 you start with OK stuff then get some badass weapon every so often then by the end you're swimming in amazing guns.

3 really nailed the loop, the gunfeel and variety.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I feel like not only were the guns a lot more sensorally (?) interesting between randomized models/reload animations/sounds etc, but there were much higher floors for most stats. I remember 7 second reloads in BL1

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

I wont say any part of bl3 is nearly as bad as bl2 but I felt like Eden 6 dragged on a bit too long. I feel like they should have created half the maps for Eden 6 on Athena(?, the Maya planet) and it would have felt a little better. BL3s campaign is also longer but I don't think that's a bad thing since having to replay BL2s story for level 50 was worse.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I think the event may be bugging out for me. I managed to get all 100 hearts running the Slaughter Shaft with my chain zane but at least once a round an enemy would explode into several Halloween skulls, my events page would get stuck on the Halloween event, and my barrier just stopped blocking damage entirely. I was once killed on the top level by a tink turret that fired through a wall from the lower level, piercing my dome barrier and gibbing me with rockets. Weird.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I think the event may be bugging out for me. I managed to get all 100 hearts running the Slaughter Shaft with my chain zane but at least once a round an enemy would explode into several Halloween skulls, my events page would get stuck on the Halloween event, and my barrier just stopped blocking damage entirely. I was once killed on the top level by a tink turret that fired through a wall from the lower level, piercing my dome barrier and gibbing me with rockets. Weird.

Any chance you've been running the game and using rest mode without closing it? My audio will always bug out if I don't restart the game every so often. Haven't noticed any graphical or oddities like that.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I've had hearts occasionally spawn with names like "WrongEventError248746" instead of the usual names. Doesn't happen often but it's weird when it does.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

...! posted:

I've had hearts occasionally spawn with names like "WrongEventError248746" instead of the usual names. Doesn't happen often but it's weird when it does.

I think that's intentional

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1230467832938287104?s=09

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Great, another 2 hours of Lilith calling the VH a badass and loving everything up.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

So, uh... is there a point to TVHM in this game? I always immediately did TVHM in previous games because normal mode put a soft cap on your level. But that doesn't appear to be the case in 3; after completing the story everything started scaling to my level. And the increased loot drops from Mayhem makes it seem like TVHM is a superfluous legacy mode now. I can't think of any real benefit of doing TVHM. Max level quest rewards, maybe? But the quest rewards never exactly blew me away in the first place.

Is there something I'm missing?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

...! posted:

So, uh... is there a point to TVHM in this game? I always immediately did TVHM in previous games because normal mode put a soft cap on your level. But that doesn't appear to be the case in 3; after completing the story everything started scaling to my level. And the increased loot drops from Mayhem makes it seem like TVHM is a superfluous legacy mode now. I can't think of any real benefit of doing TVHM. Max level quest rewards, maybe? But the quest rewards never exactly blew me away in the first place.

Anointed enemies spawn earlier in TVHM and I think there's more badass enemy spawns in general.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Anointed enemies spawn earlier in TVHM and I think there's more badass enemy spawns in general.

Plus you get fully leveled quest rewards.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Judge Tesla posted:

OK, but is there a point to anointed/badass spawns? They don't seem to be giving much better loot in Mayhem than the other enemies and/or chests. Are they more generous in TVHM?

Monolith. posted:

Plus you get fully leveled quest rewards.

I mentioned that.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

...! posted:

OK, but is there a point to anointed/badass spawns? They don't seem to be giving much better loot in Mayhem than the other enemies and/or chests. Are they more generous in TVHM?

There are some items that will give you a boost to damage for a period of time after killing a badass, so having more around increases uptime on the damage boost.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

did some leveling of alts, for some reason the performance was really bad. the game would chug almost every time a heart popped. and i had multiple crashes. (ps4 pro)

...! posted:

think it's essentially only for those that want a higher difficulty, but without (afaik) any extra rewards. bl3 has a lot of headscratching design choices. maybe they'll make further mayhem levels tvhm only? idk

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Went checking around and it looks like certain enemies, particularly badasses with launchers or vladov weapons, just aren't affected by Zane's barrier; they shoot straight through it. That's explains some of the weird bugs I experienced.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Who would the audience even be for a Borderlands movie? Borderlands feels more like an EU novel sort of franchise like Halo, but maybe that’s just me.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 20, 2020

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Sex Hobbit posted:

Who would the audience even be for a Borderlands movie?

I can see it being an interesting and unique combination of Max Max style stuff with the crazy sci-fi with moon bases and lasers and all that but I seriously doubt they're gonna put enough money into it to do all that properly.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i genuinely can not imagine someone less suitable for a borderlands movie than eli roth

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

watho posted:

i genuinely can not imagine someone less suitable for a borderlands movie than eli roth

Hostel but with Claptrap.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

watho posted:

Dr Uwe Boll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Remulak posted:

Dr Uwe Boll.

obviously people like uwe boll, tommy wiseau, and neil breen aren’t included