Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Finally got to watch. Really enjoyed it.

I know a lot if it can be chalked up to nostalgia and recognizing everyone but haven't enjoyed one that much in a long time.

Rob looks like a chubbo but still kicked rear end in the challenges.

I knew like three of these people and I still thought it was really good :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Dick Bastardly posted:

Itd be pretty cool imo, a survivor first even, if a player ate their fire token(s) in order to hide them and then poo poo them out later when they needed them

Survivor S40: I'd like to buy an immunity idol once I poo poo out these fire tokens

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Don't most contestants have regularity issues after weeks of eating nothing but bits of rice and coconut? Might have to wait a long time for those fire tokens.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The token menu is pretty good since its clearly divided into the 3 categories. 1 token luxury items there to tempt stupid players into spending their token on some booze or food. Multi token camp stuff meant to tempt tribes into pooling their tokens for something that helps the group. And lastly a multi took advantage that probably only helps an individual so they either need to play a good social game and get bequeathed a lot of tokens or convince people that given them the tokens will help them. No idol or anything that might be too easy for an alliance to just pool their tokens to try and maintain their hold on the numbers. Lots of potential for comedy or pay off for good social gaming.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

derp posted:

I would kill a cute animal for another season of the genius. why won't they make one WHY

It’s a lot easier to round up a bunch of fat Robs than smart famous people?

SweetJahasus posted:

Survivor S40: I'd like to buy an immunity idol once I poo poo out these fire tokens

oopsie rock posted:

Don't most contestants have regularity issues after weeks of eating nothing but bits of rice and coconut? Might have to wait a long time for those fire tokens.

Season 40: First person voted out with an immunity idol in their pocket bowels

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
RHAP cut out Shane Power's first few sentences telling people to shut the gently caress up and be respectful from the final podcast version. Just heard the full version.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*producer speaking to contestants before show begins*

"No matter how tempting it is, and believe me I know how tempting it is, do NOT eat the fire tokens. We will not be held liable for medical costs associated with gastrointestinal surgery that may result."

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I saw somebody touch on this earlier, do we know if the immunity idol has real tokens for eyes? Could you just pry ‘em off?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spokes posted:

I saw somebody touch on this earlier, do we know if the immunity idol has real tokens for eyes? Could you just pry ‘em off?

we don't know the answer to this

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I guarantee Tony tried that first thing and they just didn’t edit it in yet.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

derp posted:

It is just so interesting watching all these winners be completely confused and fumbling around though. I felt Rob and Parvati's 'wtf is going on' reaction completely. Must be so weird for them when by default everyone is a threat.
Funny thing was them intentionally sitting back, wondering why the rest of the tribe couldn't just pick out a name out of either Jeremy/Nat or Denise/Adam, only for Jeremy to then whisper in Tribal, "Think Rob and Parvati are pulling something?"

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

RHAP cut out Shane Power's first few sentences telling people to shut the gently caress up and be respectful from the final podcast version. Just heard the full version.

That's pretty stupid that they'd edit out by far the best part of that shitshow podcast.

Are there people who actually like the live ones? Anyone at all, outside of Rob himself who I'm sure gets paid well to do them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It was the first podcast of his I listened to in full. It sounded more like a big Survivor after show reunion or something. It was fun I guess, though sometimes names would be dropped or voices that I didn't recognize so some of it got lost on me. Who is "Shooby?"

After I listened to 3/4 his 10 year anniversary episode of the history of the show. So, probably the 2 least helpful episodes to watch to get an idea of what RHAP is like, but I'll give them a shot this season as they come up.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Shooby is from the Netflix show The Circle. It is very good and worth watching

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

RHAP has always struck me as a big sign asking the question "Oh you think you are into Survivor?"

Fast Luck posted:

Funny thing was them intentionally sitting back, wondering why the rest of the tribe couldn't just pick out a name out of either Jeremy/Nat or Denise/Adam, only for Jeremy to then whisper in Tribal, "Think Rob and Parvati are pulling something?"
Rob and Parv just radiating bolts of terror into the bodies of anybody on the same island as them.
e: venting: its so difficult to search survivor stuff on the internet without spoilers. The wikipedia pages are a minefield and I was just spoilt on the winner of Australian survivor season 4 egh. At least I have season 3, 5 and 6 and then I'll get started on the current All Star seee-son. I love the host.

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 15, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

Shooby is from the Netflix show The Circle. It is very good and worth watching

Really? I'll check it out. I've seen it on Netflix and almost clicked it just because Mila Kunis in the thumbnail but figured it was just some generic reality junk. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any Shoob action.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Khanstant posted:

Really? I'll check it out. I've seen it on Netflix and almost clicked it just because Mila Kunis in the thumbnail but figured it was just some generic reality junk. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any Shoob action.

I hate to break it to you but it's not Mila Kunis.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

I hate to break it to you but it's not Mila Kunis.

Okay, you're right but in my defense in a thumbnail you scroll past while navigating to star trek it could be her!

edit: Oh my god. I'm sold on this show by Chris. Hood Spiritualist Hustler from Dallas kicked the absurdity right up to the perfect level right off the bat. Thanks for the rec.
edit2: Ok, I am enjoying this so far. So was this Shuby guy there at the RHAP then or just being referenced?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 15, 2020

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Finally watched the premiere. So much fun! Can't wait for the rest of the season.

Like others have said it was cool to watch Rob and Parv at work again. Survivor really is just in some people's blood - those two haven't missed a beat. Yul was great to watch as well and I'll be rooting for him. Ethan's a dark horse (and overall it's great to see him out there soaking up the experience after what he's been through).

I think Nick, Sarah and Wendell are going to be the main newer players to watch. I'm especially reminded by how well Nick is able to pull off the public, good-ol-boy goofball image while playing such a grounded, measured game behind the scenes.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Khanstant posted:

edit2: Ok, I am enjoying this so far. So was this Shuby guy there at the RHAP then or just being referenced?

He was there, he was onstage as part of the final group of panelists called up.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
It really irritates me that in 2020 RHAP Live Know It Alls still has problems running 4 mics at the same time in a somewhat professional live performance venue.
This is basic audio stuff, people.
But I'm sure it's a lot of fun for the audience in attendance, and the best conversations are probably happening off stage.

While the cast is great, the entire EoE with fire tokens is troublesome. Players voted out shouldn't have so much power to influence the game when they can't even see what's going on.

And players voted out early (ie pre-merge) could be on the jury, even though they're not going to see the game being played which seems problematic.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Feb 15, 2020

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Binary Logic posted:

But I'm sure it's a lot of fun for the audience in attendance, and the best conversations are probably happening off stage.

I'm no podcast producer, but this seems like the opposite of what you want from a podcast. Maybe those in charge should figure that poo poo out.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I'm just happy that for the first time ever on Survivor, Denise was able to relax back at camp during a tribal.

I will take this moment to point out a possible alliance no one has brought up: Denise and Sarah are both from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, which is not exactly huge, and it's almost guaranteed they've met each other. (Per capita, CR has to have the most winners of any place with multiple winners, right?)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sarah is a MAGA Cop and Denise is a Sex Therapist.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Golbez posted:

I'm just happy that for the first time ever on Survivor, Denise was able to relax back at camp during a tribal.

I will take this moment to point out a possible alliance no one has brought up: Denise and Sarah are both from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, which is not exactly huge, and it's almost guaranteed they've met each other. (Per capita, CR has to have the most winners of any place with multiple winners, right?)

Rob and Ambuh live in Pensacola, half the population of Cedar Rapids :v:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sex Therapist in Cedar Rapids sounds like a very low paying job

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Rob and Ambuh live in Pensacola, half the population of Cedar Rapids :v:

oho but she was from Pennsylvania when she won her season :eng101: also their core city is smaller, but their metro area is bigger!

sportsgenius86 posted:

how dare you

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I just typed out multiple variations on a “seed her rapids” joke and none of them were good/bad enough to post

so, enjoy this post, i guess

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

That opener was truly excellent. I really wasn’t bothered about Rob being back but those scenes with Ben and Danni were just so great.

I think the fire tokens could make edge a bit more palatable this time round and I have fingers crossed for all its eventual inhabitants blowing all their tokens on alcohol. Thank you Nat for being team tv and giving Sandra the idol.

I do find it interesting that production had avoided grouping too many previous connections on the same tribe for returnee seasons, yet we had the Nat/ Jeremy and Sandra/ Tony/ Sarah combos.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If it wasn't them, it would be some other pairs. Or tribes would be imbalanced. Or whatever.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

I do find it interesting that production had avoided grouping too many previous connections on the same tribe for returnee seasons, yet we had the Nat/ Jeremy and Sandra/ Tony/ Sarah combos.

Australian Survivor did the same thing which goes against conventional wisdom in their current All Stars season and it's worked a treat. Instead of putting rivals on opposite tribes, they've paired them all together and it's been brilliant so far.

Also, if anyone is after a decent premiere recap because RHAP was trash, give the Global Survivor podcast a go which is hosted by Shannon from the Australian Survivor Pod. You can find it on the Reality RHAP feed or just click this https://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-global-winners-at-war-premiere-recap-lisa-stanger/

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Zesty posted:

If it wasn't them, it would be some other pairs. Or tribes would be imbalanced. Or whatever.

I thought that at first too but it feels like swapping Natalie and Sarah helps break up those pre-game relationship knots substantially with very little change in tribe balance. They can't avoid everything but Natalie/Jeremy have probably the closest outside-the-game relationships besides Rob/Amber so they really should have done something to avoid those two ending up together.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the only real negative so far is that there's no way future seasons are going to be half as good as this

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Season 41: Winners at war 2

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have this incredible apprehension that we're praising this season too early and in 3 weeks someone's gonna molest someone or out someone again or something.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Nah. It's gonna be great. There just aren't any duds. The only thing that could screw this up is production and here's hoping there's no horrible shenanigans in store.

I'm predicting Sophie takes the season after Yul gets voted out at 6/7. She'll have the most claim to residyul moves.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t really like Sandra much but I want her to win just to be a 3 time winner. That’ll be almost impossible to beat.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Someone else needs to win. That way in a couple seasons they can do a Sandra Vs whoever wins Redemption Island 2 or something else lovely like that.

Or do an Island of the Idols with the 2 time winners, but don't have a guy molesting the players and crew loving up the season.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Invalid Validation posted:

Season 41: Winners at war 2

It would be interesting to throw the same group right back in immediately and see how things change up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

bagrada posted:

It would be interesting to throw the same group right back in immediately and see how things change up.

"OK, now do it all again... but this time you pick your own teams. You have 45 seconds. Go!"