Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Well those two pictures have confirmed what I'm watching tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

AceOfFlames posted:

I dunno what's the worst special effect in that movie: that wig, the aforementioned "treadmill" scene or this:

I had never heard of this movie but I am now deeply invested in it.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Wow, I completely confused A Sound of Thunder with Days of Thunder. I would much rather hate watch the former, thankfully.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon posted:

Well those two pictures have confirmed what I'm watching tonight

Duckula posted:

I had never heard of this movie but I am now deeply invested in it.

If you end up watching it, prepare to be severely disappointed.

It's not even funny bad. It's more "Asylum mockbuster that somehow got theatrically released" bad. It's definitely one of the top 5 worst movies I have ever seen. Consider yourselves warned.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 14, 2020

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I just finished watching it and it's a bad film and not terribly entertaining even when it gets into the ripple world shenanigans. That being said, the WHM guys will have plenty to riff about!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm also a person who never got into Ferris Bueller, or most of John Hughes movies, so maybe they will explain what's so good about them to me.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

AceOfFlames posted:

If you end up watching it, prepare to be severely disappointed.

It's not even funny bad. It's more "Asylum mockbuster that somehow got theatrically released" bad. It's definitely one of the top 5 worst movies I have ever seen. Consider yourselves warned.

I dunno, the bit at the end where the heroine de-evolves into a weird little fish gibbon is pretty funny. However many years later it's certainly the only thing I remember about the film.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Not excited about any of those movies but to the listeners' credit that looks a lot like a regular WHM lineup so I think it'll be solid. Previous years have been a lot of airballs.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

“Jerry Seinfeld IS Epstein” is one of those bits that makes me wish WHM had as big an animation community as MBMBAM

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

weekly font posted:

Not excited about any of those movies but to the listeners' credit that looks a lot like a regular WHM lineup so I think it'll be solid. Previous years have been a lot of airballs.

I'm still recovering from trying to watch A Letter from Death Row.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Duckula posted:

Did you watch it in the dad room?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Listening to their BttF II episode, it made me realize how Back to the Future ends with this really simple and clean hook for a sequel. Marty is going to have to basically pretend to be a kid in the future to help whatever problem his kids are going through. It's going to be basically the same deal as the original, but Marty being the corny out of touch relic and trying to go under cover to save his kid instead of his parents. That makes a lot of sense, and it's kind of insane that Part II is about what it's about.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I have been going through some episodes I missed and I really didn't expect Jingle All the Way 2 to have Crash (the good one), Grizzly Man and Clockwork Orange references within the first hour

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

weekly font posted:

I just listened to the Beetlejuice Animation Damnation, so I'm looking forward to the inevitable riffing about Jeffrey Jones during the Ferris Buler episode.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Loved the latest Gleep Glossary, what a stupidly fun little spinoff.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Finally listening to the Cruel Intentions ep and this might be controversial because some people don't like guests, but Angelica Jade Bastien is definitely one of the best guests they've ever had and I'd like to hear her on more episodes.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Finally listening to the Cruel Intentions ep and this might be controversial because some people don't like guests, but Angelica Jade Bastien is definitely one of the best guests they've ever had and I'd like to hear her on more episodes.

Yeah she was great on the Species ep as well. I do hope they get her back for another movie in the future.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Generally don't like guests but Angelica was hillarious.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

the only bad guest was the Die Hard 3 guy

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

If WHM offered an Angelica tshirt, I’d buy 10 of them

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I liked her a lot more this time around, I thought the last time she was on she just went to hard at trying to be the funniest person there. She felt way more natural this time and it ended up being a great ep.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m with you, I thought she was a little too much on Species but she was real good in cruel intentions.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Duckula posted:

Same, but for Tarzan The Ape Man. To date probably the single worst movie I've watched because of this show, if not period.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Angelica is the best guest for sure and I hope annual appearances continue.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Angelica is great, but I will also stan for Downtown Griffy Newms, The Joker of guests.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It's been a few days since I saw A Sound of Thunder. I've come down from the high and I realize it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The main character has no personality. In fact very few characters express any emotion.

Death Wish 4, that will be a lot of retreaded especially since in their Faces of Death episode they went through a lot of events in past Death Wish movies. It's ending is ridiculous, from the hilarious final kill to the awful choice of credit music that plays just after. The music is really weird in DW4.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Pops Mgee posted:

Angelica is great, but I will also stan for Downtown Griffy Newms, The Joker of guests.

I believe you mean the Retired Bit of guests.

Griffin Newman is a good argument for the existence of charisma because someone who does what he does should be the most insufferable little poo poo imaginable, and yet I have listened to conservatively 200 hours of him talking.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
The Teen Wolf episode was alright. Might have just been the recording but the audience didn't seem too with it. Not a complaint or a criticism, just an observation.

There's something very dedicated - and adorable! - about the people who sat in Steve's Splash Zone the last time sitting in the same spots but with ponchos/rain gear. That's a wholesome fanbase I can get behind.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
until literally yesterday, I thought the girlfriend on Teen Wolf was named "Booth".....

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I had just watched Teen Wolf for the first time ever right before the episode came out, so I enjoyed it v:shobon:v

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I like the movie warts and all.

I was very surprised they didn't even mention it's a modern take on the Michael Landon film, "I Was A Teenage Werewolf."

I also laughed at Cabin's jokes about a werewolf in the White House because that's also a movie, starring Dean Stockwell. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070908/

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It was a pretty solid episode even if it treaded a lot of familiar WHM ground. Lots of good jokes and tangents while still keeping with the plot of the movie which is difficult when they are on a time limit like their live shows.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The horror movie trailer voice is so god drat :discourse:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Listening to their cruel intentions episode and they’re supposed to be at an actual professional studio? But the audio quality is terrible? Like any time they’d do the affected under their breath talking you couldn’t actually hear a single goddamn word they said even though you totally can when they record in their regular place

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

New AD episode is great but the one thing running through my mind was "Man, if Yogi's Gang broke their brains this much, imagine what Yo, Yogi! would do to them"

EDIT: That line about Yogi getting assassinated makes me wonder if the boys are familiar with this gem.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 20, 2020

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Listening to their cruel intentions episode and they’re supposed to be at an actual professional studio? But the audio quality is terrible? Like any time they’d do the affected under their breath talking you couldn’t actually hear a single goddamn word they said even though you totally can when they record in their regular place

Yea I noticed that too. It was weird that whatever Jupin's setup is sounded a lot better than the studio. I could barely hear Angelica at points. Maybe they still need to dial things in? I don't know how that kind of thing works.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
What is Andrew referencing whenever he says "Catch 'em in bed with *blank*"?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

surf rock posted:

What is Andrew referencing whenever he says "Catch 'em in bed with *blank*"?

Its an Alex Jones bit they were riffing on like 5 years ago and has sort of morphed into its own thing

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Zore posted:

Its an Alex Jones bit they were riffing on like 5 years ago and has sort of morphed into its own thing

Oh, that makes sense given the voice he does. Thanks!

Also, does anyone know if Andrew's "bend over and I'll show ya" a reference to something or just a regular go-to joke? I've always assumed the latter, but maybe it's from something.

edit: vvv Thanks!

surf rock fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

surf rock posted:

Oh, that makes sense given the voice he does. Thanks!

Also, does anyone know if Andrew's "bend over and I'll show ya" a reference to something or just a regular go-to joke? I've always assumed the latter, but maybe it's from something.

It's a reference to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Clark's yuppie neighbors ask him how he's going to fit his huge Christmas tree in the house, and that's his response