Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

In fact I will go ahead and just say I am also a compulsive visitor and perhaps doll is a passive effect and you get it by visiting a doll

How would this work, then? Would the doll you visited be your specific puppetmaster? Is it puppets all the way down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dmboogie posted:

How would this work, then? Would the doll you visited be your specific puppetmaster? Is it puppets all the way down?

No idea, I'm just throwing stuff out. But it seems like compulsive visitors are probably the equivalent of vanilla town so that seems important

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dmboogie posted:

Building of that logic and what IP said just before the end then it seems as though they may have visited Mega and then weirdness ensued.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

We are at 4 compulsive visitors.

##unvote

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hal Incandenza posted:

In fact I will go ahead and just say I am also a compulsive visitor and perhaps doll is a passive effect and you get it by visiting a doll

Who did you visit?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ruggan posted:

Who did you visit?

N1 - IP
N2 - merk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m pretty out of ideas

Amni is AA a bad guy? Should I visit AA again or do you think it’d be wise to avoid him?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Votecount for Day 3

b-minus1 (2): Nep-Nep, Retro Futurist
Dragonatrix (2): b-minus1, dmboogie, GulagDolls, b-minus1, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, b-minus1, b-minus1
dmboogie (1): b-minus1, GulagDolls, b-minus1
Sandwolf (1): Eat The Rich, Ruggan, Ruggan, Ruggan, Eat The Rich
Amnistar (1): GulagDolls, Eat The Rich, GulagDolls, Sandwolf, Ruggan, Eat The Rich, Ruggan
merk (1): Amnistar
GulagDolls (1): Dragonatrix
Eat The Rich (0): Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, Hunt11, Leith Maclaine, merk

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 17th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 18 hours, 18 minutes.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

we have less than a day left and our two vote-leaders have... 2/9 votes each. we've probably wrung all the blood we can out of the cult poo poo for now; at this point we're throwing random setup ideas at the wall. definitely don't completely ignore the doll weirdness but i think the only way we're finding the puppetmaster masterminds or w/e is through old-fashioned scum hunting.

completely disregard anything ruggan and amni have to say, imo. i don't think we can use any info they give us without wifoming ourselves to death. let's just hope their votes are still their own, i guess?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

my vote's staying on dragon rn because they still haven't addressed their 'gulag's arcane standards' slip and that's still a really weird post to me

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Because there's no slip to address? Anyone reading this can pretty easily come to the conclusion that Gulag's posts in this thread are very weird. With the benefit of hindsight, the one I singled out looked even weirder than normal (although looking back at it again, it's up there but it's not the top spot). They have not made what I would parse as a serious post at all. Therefore their standards for a regular post and mine are very different, to the point that I don't have a good grasp on what counts as a Normal Gulag Post vs a noteworthy one.

I also don't think it's particularly helpful to just handwave away anything on the basis of it being a regular occurrence. That strikes me as incredibly shortsighted at best, and actively enabling scum to hide in plain sight at worst.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Like what if dolls are stuck with whatever this PR is but they can recruit one person each every night until they have a majority or everyone in the game or some such thing.

That's probably not it exactly since that seems like it would be unstoppable after a couple days but we should consider the possibility that something non-traditonal is happening (even by cult standards)

This is all gonna be very much erring into setup spec, but that doesn't "seem" unstoppable to me. That is outright unstoppable anytime beyond D1. Best case scenario is you start with 1 Recruiter or whatever our flavorful equivalent is. You'd need to lunch them D1 for an immediate win otherwise they're functionally guaranteed to win (a successful D2 lunch would still drop back down to 1 and even 100% correct picks everyday afterwards can never make up for that failure on D1). That'd also mean the D2 scenario we presumed would be an impossibility, since IP flipped Doll which - for this proposed scenario - would mean he was the only doll at the time.

Start with a scumteam of 2 or more, then D2 would've had 4. In this case, IP got modkilled flipping Doll and dropping it to 3. Those double to 6 which'd be where we're at now. Presuming best case scenarios from hereon in, and a Doll gets lunched today that raises to 10 and a win. The game'd actively be unwinnable, as even with optimal play you just end up a best case of repeating the loop above.

Which is a very complicated way of saying that'd basically make the game a formality from the start.

Regarding something non-traditional, we've had four flips so far and all four have been Town. One has been Doll which doesn't really give us enough to work with thus far, aside from the PR stuff. The only other thing I can see that being a possible hint for right now is a Reverse Miller situation. I'm hoping thats not the case, because that'd be even worse to have to deal with.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

dmboogie posted:

we have less than a day left and our two vote-leaders have... 2/9 votes each. we've probably wrung all the blood we can out of the cult poo poo for now; at this point we're throwing random setup ideas at the wall. definitely don't completely ignore the doll weirdness but i think the only way we're finding the puppetmaster masterminds or w/e is through old-fashioned scum hunting.

completely disregard anything ruggan and amni have to say, imo. i don't think we can use any info they give us without wifoming ourselves to death. let's just hope their votes are still their own, i guess?

I mean... I’m just a vanilla town. I really have nothing to do but flail and shitpost stupid stuff sometimes. No teammates, no friends, just me and my lonesome with no abilities to do anything interesting.

So you can trust me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ruggan posted:

I mean... I’m just a vanilla town. I really have nothing to do but flail and shitpost stupid stuff sometimes. No teammates, no friends, just me and my lonesome with no abilities to do anything interesting.

So you can trust me.

So who have you visited?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ruggan has been weird since the game started, was ruggan weird in other games?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

I’m pretty out of ideas

Amni is AA a bad guy? Should I visit AA again or do you think it’d be wise to avoid him?

No idea. I have no clue who is behind the wierd doll poo poo. I suspect AA because he asked for cult to visit him, and I know, today, that cult is mutually exclusive from doll shenanigans.

I am dying today because of doll shenanigans.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

No idea. I have no clue who is behind the wierd doll poo poo. I suspect AA because he asked for cult to visit him, and I know, today, that cult is mutually exclusive from doll shenanigans.

I am dying today because of doll shenanigans.

Hmmmm

Can you elaborate

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am no longer being supported by the doll master so I will wind down today.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

b-minus1 (2): Nep-Nep, Retro Futurist
Dragonatrix (2): b-minus1, dmboogie, GulagDolls, b-minus1, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, b-minus1, b-minus1
dmboogie (1): b-minus1, GulagDolls, b-minus1
Sandwolf (1): Eat The Rich, Ruggan, Ruggan, Ruggan, Eat The Rich
Amnistar (1): GulagDolls, Eat The Rich, GulagDolls, Sandwolf, Ruggan, Eat The Rich, Ruggan
merk (1): Amnistar
GulagDolls (1): Dragonatrix
Eat The Rich (0): Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, Hunt11, Leith Maclaine, merk

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 17th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 22 minutes.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

I am no longer being supported by the doll master so I will wind down today.

And I suspect it is because cult and doll are mutually exclusive.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We have eleven hours left and no clear consensus about who we should go for. Looking at what we can call vote leaders I would go with axing b-minus just because it seems we would lose the least by doing so. Outside of that I would be quite happy to lunch Mega for pretty much vanishing today.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

who cares. close the game

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hunt11 posted:

We have eleven hours left and no clear consensus about who we should go for. Looking at what we can call vote leaders I would go with axing b-minus just because it seems we would lose the least by doing so. Outside of that I would be quite happy to lunch Mega for pretty much vanishing today.

Literally laughed out loud.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Consider my vote on whoever gets the most votes.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

Consider my vote on whoever gets the most votes.

See ya on the other side 👋

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ruggan posted:

See ya on the other side 👋

Indeed!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Hunt11 posted:

Looking at what we can call vote leaders I would go with axing b-minus just because it seems we would lose the least by doing so.

That's a really bad reason to cuddle someone, my dude. Binus has really not posted, like, anything objectionable. Or anything exactly positive, either, but going for a null read on the basis of "losing the least" is very spurious logic.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Dragonatrix

Merk has probably been recruited regardless I imagine

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote dragon

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
In scrum class, will be online with about 4 hours left.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I do not believe that it is Hal anymore. Although Hal was lightly pushing against Humalong yesterday without providing an alternative, he kept doing it when I called him out on it and seemed completely unafraid of what the thread thought about him. That, from my years of Hal mislynching, seems like town Hal. He just does his thing.

My biggest scum reads at the moment are: Hunt11, Oppopanax.

##vote Hunt11

Nep-Nep posted:

I don’t like that you don’t address any of the points in the post quoted and are just sort of distancing from the vote

Hunt11 posted:

That seems really dangerous. I have no idea what happened in said game but shouldn't that just make you more careful about any readings then saying gently caress it I am not even going to try?

merk posted:

This post looks like you’re helping but provides no value and invites a worthless discussion.

##vote Hunt

I made this point on d1 and it is strong. Instead of scum hunting, Hunt decides to dive into a worthless discussion with Nep-Nep on Gulag/Nep-Nep history. Hunt also doesn't say what, if anything, this says about Nep-Nep or Gulag's alignments, just that it seems really dangerous.

Hunt11 posted:

I think I will also ##vote AA as a lot of there recent stuff is just them claiming to be town who is willing to sell everything out and do whatever is useful for the cult.

Hunt11 posted:

AA: Still don't like the poo poo they have posted as it unhelpful but would go to them being lovely town then anything else.

This is the strongest case against Hunt. Where did this read on AA go? Hunt never mentions AA after this post, and this is the only real scum hunting that Hunt has done.

Hunt's other votes are 'meh' votes that seem to take a position without actually commenting on alignment:

Hunt11 posted:

Steak: This is easily my most unhelpful read but I want to see what they are doing latter today before I feel somewhat confidant about their alignment and role.

Going with a tentative Steak vote.

Hunt11 posted:

Out of the two votes with any momentum I feel better about voting for GK then Steak.

##vote George Kansas

Hunt11 posted:

##vote GK

Hunt11 posted:

## vote hum

Will be phoneposting most weekend but there was a lack of care how they were acting before the end of day 1.

----

On Oppo, it's largely a gut read. Usually, Oppo has declared with 100% certainty what alignment I am by now. Not only has he not done that, his few votes in the thread don't make any sense to me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If it's between b- and Dragon, I'd vote b- right now. I haven't read Dragon yet.

Is there a Dragon case out there that I've missed?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it was early on this day. i've moved off of it. id vote hunt. in fact w/e ##vote hunt

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote hunt

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well that is some fine bullshit hidden in there. At the very start I am not going to make an alignment call when it comes to taking a free lunch. They weren't even a presence in the thread anymore so might as well get some information and hope for the best. Even before that was the case my feeling was that if we are going to lose anyone in the thread it might as well be an unknown then someone who might have some useful information.

With AA it vanished mostly because they stopped posting that bullshit which was almost the definition of white noise in that it drew the attention of everyone but meant nothing in the end. It also feels strange to call me out on dropping a case where you did the exact same thing day 1 and when Sandwolf was showing they were quite eager to move on me you posted absolutely nothing about me until today.

The rest of it, aka the lack of much scum hunting in this game is that there has been almost nothing to really go on since the end of day 1. There was some unity in taking the free lunch on gk but then that vanished when they showed up again and just before anyone was posting much more then maybe we should lunch Hum Amni's insanity emerges. Everything else has just been a lack of interest.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

On Oppo, it's largely a gut read. Usually, Oppo has declared with 100% certainty what alignment I am by now. Not only has he not done that, his few votes in the thread don't make any sense to me.

Impossible in a cult game, unless you've been scum all along.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

Impossible in a cult game, unless you've been scum all along.

The fact that you have basically no reads is very concerning. Do you have any?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

##vote hunt

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dragon addressing my question, combined with her previous post, puts her pretty solidly into town territory now imo.

on the other hand I don't like how hunt's two big lunch suggestions seem based off of a lack of content rather than any concrete scuminess

##vote hunt

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote hunt

I agree with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008