Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Ruggan posted:

You are correct I have no idea how good of a soothsayer I am.

Ruggan posted:

I got a number for my sooth and it was very low.

:awesome:

##vote Ruggan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

charms posted:

##vote Ruggan

Did you even read the recent exchange about ranges?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

charms posted:

##vote Ruggan

oh fuckin lol I missed that first quote

lets make sure you're still quoting from today...

charms posted:

Woah there. Earlier today you said you were expecting a qualitative description for you soothsaying skill level instead of a number, so like me you started with relative descriptions for the other skills and ??? for soothsaying. If you did soothsaying yesterday, how would you know about any difference between the scales for the stats and skills? I have a good idea about it since my tinkering is average, I did tinkering, and now I know what average means numerically for a building skill. But you went straight from ??? to a number, and you have no way of knowing how good of a soothsayer you really are.

Ruggan posted:

I don’t. I’m assuming the stats and skills are on different scales entirely. You are correct I have no idea how good of a soothsayer I am. I don’t understand your criticism?

yep it was from today's discussion all right. This "oh my soothsaying is low" could have been decided later to try and make his story sound less bullshit or to make PMush's "what, is your soothsaying super high then??" sound more bullshit

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ruggan posted:

Did you even read the recent exchange about ranges?

"hm ok with my combat stats we're looking at a 1-1000 range here..."

"ok I'm near the absolute bottom of what I thought was the range now with soothsaying, man that score looks very low, but that might not mean I'm bad at it, who can tell, who can say"

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Do you think I’d be rapid fire posting unpolished content without anyone else from the scum team stepping in or yelling at me via scum chat to shut the hell up?

Actually maybe bif and I are scum together. Thanks for your help bif and I hope your distancing helps you in future days.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ruggan posted:

Do you think Id be rapid fire posting unpolished content without anyone else from the scum team stepping in or yelling at me via scum chat to shut the hell up?

Actually maybe bif and I are scum together. Thanks for your help bif and I hope your distancing helps you in future days.

:thunk:

In my experience, rapid-fire scum usually can't be curtailed by their scumteam no matter how much yelling happens and 'do you think I'd do this without my scumteam telling me to stfu' is more a scumteamm more often than not.

But I've also been in a scumteam with Khris Kruel.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Considering how vocal I’ve been don’t you think I’m absolutely shooting myself in the foot as scum? Can’t we just flip PMush and let that be my judgement?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ruggan posted:

Do you think I’d be rapid fire posting unpolished content without anyone else from the scum team stepping in or yelling at me via scum chat to shut the hell up?

if that's your go-to townie defense, sure

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

charms posted:

##vote Ruggan

On one hand this is not a bad catch but on the other I've had a scumread of charms all day so I'm gonna be revisiting this in light of a flip either way.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Bifauxnen posted:

if that's your go-to townie defense, sure

Bif if you think we both seem scummy, please note that me flipping town tells you next to nothing about PMush, whereas PMush flipping town tells you a lot about me. Voting PMush is a much better info-revealing play.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

What I’ve learned about mafia from this game: posting more is both a town tell and also a way to attract a ton of negative attention. Post a lot if you want to get wrongfully accused and killed early. Please prove me wrong!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Is it possible that ruggan pmush and kb are all town

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I really don't know how to feel about Ruggan. After sleeping on it, spending a day fumingly angry and frustrated about this Super Obvious Scumbo is one thing, I've done it, we've all done it. But there's been multiple real-life days now, with abolutely no wavering or looking elsewhere. It's starting to feel artificial.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

WIFOM! WIFOM! Let's WIFOM ourselves into oblivion! PMush is scum but maybe they and Ruggan is lying, would Ruggan do that if he was scum? Or would he do that if he was town? Or would he do that if he was scum that wanted you to think he was trying to seem town when he knows you'll question that and think that maybe he's actually doing that as a play to think that he's town and.... and... and....

Maybe just go back to your gut reaction on the initial argument. Did you find it reasonable that PMush posted they were average or not? Because you're second guessing yourselves so hard it's sad and it's even more sad that I recognize I'm the source for all of this. I believe what I believe and in the spirit of mafia and going with your gut I will not back down on PMush. I will put in good faith efforts tomorrow to do deep analysis on other players but today I'm laser focused and one of the two of us needs to go.

If PMush flipping scum would lead you to believe I am town, vote PMush.
If PMush flipping scum would lead you to believe I am still possibly scum, vote me.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Ruggan...are you an exe?

Like, third party would be fuckin wierd in a soldiers game but this ride or die on pmush is ridiculous.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

Ruggan...are you an exe?

Like, third party would be fuckin wierd in a soldiers game but this ride or die on pmush is ridiculous.

I don't know what an exe is. Executioner? Will lookup later.

No, I feel like I've staked so much on this flip that at this point it is ride or die for me. My gut strongly says PMush and I'm gonna stick with that at this point, alternatives be damned. A big part is I just want to know that I'm right because I really think I am. And I've come to accept that if I'm wrong I deserve to be purged.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

This experience has also been super enlightening as I think I'm acting a bit like Steak and Mega sometimes do with their strong opinions and/or machinegun posts. This posting style from them has led me to erroneously classify them as scum now... 3 times at least? And now I'm on their side of the table.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ruggan posted:

No, I feel like I've staked so much on this flip that at this point it is ride or die for me. My gut strongly says PMush and I'm gonna stick with that at this point, alternatives be damned. A big part is I just want to know that I'm right because I really think I am. And I've come to accept that if I'm wrong I deserve to be purged.
And I'm back to seeing Ruggan as town again.

Rug, it's fine. Being wrong is part of Mafia. Being extremely wrong is part of Mafia. You don't have to go down with the ship like the captain of the Titanic. Let's talk hypotheticals, it got me thinking yesterday. If I got voted, and flipped scum, who else would you suspects? And, alternatively, if I flipped town, who would be your next guess for who's scum?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: That's "in-game yesterday", D1.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ruggan posted:

WIFOM! WIFOM! Let's WIFOM ourselves into oblivion! PMush is scum but maybe they and Ruggan is lying, would Ruggan do that if he was scum? Or would he do that if he was town? Or would he do that if he was scum that wanted you to think he was trying to seem town when he knows you'll question that and think that maybe he's actually doing that as a play to think that he's town and.... and... and....

Maybe just go back to your gut reaction on the initial argument. Did you find it reasonable that PMush posted they were average or not? Because you're second guessing yourselves so hard it's sad and it's even more sad that I recognize I'm the source for all of this. I believe what I believe and in the spirit of mafia and going with your gut I will not back down on PMush. I will put in good faith efforts tomorrow to do deep analysis on other players but today I'm laser focused and one of the two of us needs to go.

If PMush flipping scum would lead you to believe I am town, vote PMush.
If PMush flipping scum would lead you to believe I am still possibly scum, vote me.

the thing that gets me dude, is I spent all this time trying to give you a fair shake and look more deeply into your PMush exchange even though my original gut reaction was "Ruggan's tone has been pinging me all day, he's probably setting PMush up", because I am not sure at all who's scum. But you get one whiff of a misstatement and don't second guess it for one second even after you've made ten more yourself.

And you keep trying to force us into this thunderdome when, if you're town, you could possibly both be town and making this even worse for us.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually I'm waiting in line for the car wash and I wanna bring something up away from the current Ruggan/PMush mess cause its bugging me a bit.

Lux Animus posted:

I'm operating under the assumption that - out of Monathin, Bifauxnen, and King Burgundy - one or more of these three ex-Soldiers faction leaders are scum.

Lux, can you explain why you're operating under this assumption?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

PMush Perfect posted:

And I'm back to seeing Ruggan as town again.

Rug, it's fine. Being wrong is part of Mafia. Being extremely wrong is part of Mafia. You don't have to go down with the ship like the captain of the Titanic. Let's talk hypotheticals, it got me thinking yesterday. If I got voted, and flipped scum, who else would you suspects? And, alternatively, if I flipped town, who would be your next guess for who's scum?

If you get flipped scum I'm going to strongly suspect Mona. I already outlined why on that front.

If you get flipped town I would suspect KB for the thunderdome. Probably want to investigate Mega for the teaser vote. Would want to look into the lurkers.

I will probably suspect Amni either way.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I love you too ruggan. I hope youcan stop making bad plans!

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

b-minus1 posted:

Honestly at this point I haven't ruled out the possibility of all three of them being scum and that this is some next level Slapfight Theatre. I almost feel like I've got boxes of posts and corkboard and string at this point trying to untangle the mess. Between probability and this entire mess, I think at least *one* of them are scum, with maybe a decent shot at two of three? Hell of a way to draw attention if it is though, mm.

Very, very tentatively going to throw down a vote here. ##vote Ruggan because the more and more I look at it all, the more I'm convincing myself that this is scum potentially caught out, though it may just be an unfortunate case of too much wine. I do think you're right, Ruggan - we will learn something, and I'm hoping this isn't the wrong move.

That said, save for a brief period or two in about an hour from this post, I should be otherwise around until deadline. A few questions I'd like answers to chew on on some of my other suspicions:

charms, any other reads at the moment? Bit drive-byish, and while I think you brought up some important info, I'd still like some more pings from you.

Lux, both alli and I have looked over your way. (And I still think depending on how you turn out, you might be connected to Leith.) imo, I'm with alli that I'd be voting you right now if the circumstances were different. Any particular response/thoughts on that?

Mona: Rereading back on your vote analysis on hunt D1, I find myself curious about your own rule in pushing hunt: you vaguely mentioned in your analysis and called out where you said hunt was a secondary lunch target. You posted that analysis fairly early on, and you're on Ruggan at the moment - are you still feeling KB/Leith/charms?

Amni, you're one of the more active posters in the thread. (And again, the tracking/counting work you've done is appreciated.) I know you've put a lot of thought into the mechanical aspects of this game. I'm still leaning heavily town, I think, but you've discussed both Ruggan and KB today, I think. Where would you go today if not one of them?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mega. I pulled off of them because they started being active and then vanished again.

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Monathin posted:

Actually I'm waiting in line for the car wash and I wanna bring something up away from the current Ruggan/PMush mess cause its bugging me a bit.

Lux, can you explain why you're operating under this assumption?

i'm intrigued by this catch also

b-minus1 posted:

i'm personally not seeing this as true

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Honestly at this point I haven't ruled out the possibility of all three of them being scum and that this is some next level Slapfight Theatre. I almost feel like I've got boxes of posts and corkboard and string at this point trying to untangle the mess. Between probability and this entire mess, I think at least *one* of them are scum, with maybe a decent shot at two of three? Hell of a way to draw attention if it is though, mm.

Very, very tentatively going to throw down a vote here. ##vote Ruggan because the more and more I look at it all, the more I'm convincing myself that this is scum potentially caught out, though it may just be an unfortunate case of too much wine. I do think you're right, Ruggan - we will learn something, and I'm hoping this isn't the wrong move.

That said, save for a brief period or two in about an hour from this post, I should be otherwise around until deadline. A few questions I'd like answers to chew on on some of my other suspicions:

charms, any other reads at the moment? Bit drive-byish, and while I think you brought up some important info, I'd still like some more pings from you.

Lux, both alli and I have looked over your way. (And I still think depending on how you turn out, you might be connected to Leith.) imo, I'm with alli that I'd be voting you right now if the circumstances were different. Any particular response/thoughts on that?

Mona: Rereading back on your vote analysis on hunt D1, I find myself curious about your own rule in pushing hunt: you vaguely mentioned in your analysis and called out where you said hunt was a secondary lunch target. You posted that analysis fairly early on, and you're on Ruggan at the moment - are you still feeling KB/Leith/charms?

Amni, you're one of the more active posters in the thread. (And again, the tracking/counting work you've done is appreciated.) I know you've put a lot of thought into the mechanical aspects of this game. I'm still leaning heavily town, I think, but you've discussed both Ruggan and KB today, I think. Where would you go today if not one of them?

Can you give your take on KB specifically?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

alli again posted:

i'm intrigued by this catch also

:same: I would not mind veering over to Lux at any point

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

:same: I would not mind veering over to Lux at any point

Super wary of a veer. There will be a lot of "okay guess that's what we are doing" votes that can be town or scum

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah I'll cop to being on a bad vote on Hunt, the reasoning made sense at the time but obviously in retrospect I was wrong.

As far as KB/Leith/Charms: Charms is my second vote and if Ruggan isn't the vote choice as we come closer to deadline I am strongly, strongly pushing for charms for a flip. Their d2 hasn't inspired me - they basically show up weirdly whenever I talk about them being high on my scumlist, and though I think they had a good catch here onto Ruggan their driveby vote makes me extremely hesitant. They also fit into a lurking-but-not-invisible pattern that I think is more typical of scum than just flat out refusing to engage. Would switch to charms in a heartbeat if momentum is there.

KB... ehhh. I'm having similar problems as Bif but for various reasons - I said this before but I'm really bad at reading KB. I've thought them scum as town multiple times, I've thought them town when they're scum a few times, I can never seem to get a solid grasp on their play, which I know is by design for KB himself, so I'm starting to get paranoid. I think PMush' catch of some of the more performative parts of KB's posting is good and I'd obviously had suspicions on them as a result of my hunt vote, but they're a very distant third behind Ruggan and charms atm.

Leith I've been liking their engagement today compared to D1. I called out their buddying of Keane but I feel like there's been less of that today and they seem to be poking people in a way I appreciate. Might be worth considering on a nother day if that behavior changes or we have reason to suspect them further as the game goes on, but atm I wouldn't vote Leith.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

Super wary of a veer. There will be a lot of "okay guess that's what we are doing" votes that can be town or scum

well true. on another day with more time left it'd be nice.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

I think PMush' catch of some of the more performative parts of KB's posting is good and I'd obviously had suspicions on them as a result of my analysis of the hunt vote, but they're a very distant third behind Ruggan and charms atm.

maf edit

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Don't take away my credit. I'm feeling really good about my Lux scum read and I'm pretty sure I'm the first one to bring them up.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, we are past submission time. I forget, mona, were you planning to claim now or after build reveals?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That bit of assuming one of me/bif/KB is scum based on us being past Leaders is the first thing that's really pinged me about Lux but I'm starting to feel like there might be something there, yeah.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

Also, we are past submission time. I forget, mona, were you planning to claim now or after build reveals?

After build reveals.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Monathin posted:

After build reveals.

Alright. Just wanted to make sure we didnt miss it if this was the plan.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

That bit of assuming one of me/bif/KB is scum based on us being past Leaders is the first thing that's really pinged me about Lux but I'm starting to feel like there might be something there, yeah.

lol if Amnistar thinks he's wary of a veer, no fuckin way you'll get talked into one

probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CCKeane posted:

Can you give your take on KB specifically?

Yeah. I know I poked at KB day one but it was mostly a gutread. I'm more tilted toward KB being town mostly for a couple of reasons - one, the most intangible, was the gut feel falling away. Two, a lot of the work done earlier today in sussing out some of the mechanical/tie stuff pings more town to me. And three, we're both somewhat indicated toward Lux. (No intent to steal credit ((???)) meant, but also I vague gestured at them D1 and I think my parents post with them on possible scumtier was around the same time as you started pointing to Lux? Hell, I hate doing all this on mobile.)