Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

Hmm I dunno Bob, where do you start when you count???? Hmmmmm?

1, usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

1, usually.
:doh:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

extremebuff posted:

should i start with 0 when those come out? have never played them and I've been meaning to

To really enjoy 0 I would play 1 first but it doesn’t matter too much.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff posted:

should i start with 0 when those come out? have never played them and I've been meaning to

Yes. It’s an insanely good game but it’s also a really good prequel, there’s like one side quest for each protagonist where the main villain of 2 shows up and the heroes are like “wow I get the feeling I haven’t seen the last of this guy!!” but otherwise it doesn’t assume that you have any knowledge of the other games and it lays the groundwork for the characters and plot of Yakuza 1 in a way that will make them way more meaningful when you get to Kiwami. Imo.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sneaks McDevious posted:

To really enjoy 0 I would play 1 first but it doesn’t matter too much.

It's the opposite. They added a lot of stuff to kiwami that only makes sense if you played 0. Start with 0

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kiwami is much worse than 0 which is fairly cool imo

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

an actual dog posted:

It's the opposite. They added a lot of stuff to kiwami that only makes sense if you played 0. Start with 0

Actually yeah you are right. I was thinking that 0 had lots of neat references to 1 that would be wasted but you aren’t missing much really.

In summary: play all the Yakuzas

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
0 has a lot of the best sidequests in an adventure game I’ve played, while Kiwami 1/2 are pretty straightforward remakes of the PS2 games made a decade before which is why the sidequests are all stuff like “a guy mugged me go steal my stuff back” and “oh no another mugger?!”

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yes. It’s an insanely good game but it’s also a really good prequel, there’s like one side quest for each protagonist where the main villain of 2 shows up and the heroes are like “wow I get the feeling I haven’t seen the last of this guy!!” but otherwise it doesn’t assume that you have any knowledge of the other games and it lays the groundwork for the characters and plot of Yakuza 1 in a way that will make them way more meaningful when you get to Kiwami. Imo.

without playing the other games or knowing anything about them i still got the other game references because they work exactly like how you posted it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

kiryu: wow, that guy was strong. i bet i havent seen the last of him [turns to camera and winks]
me: i this some kind of reference to something? this game doesnt make any goddamn sense

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

kiryu: wow, that guy was strong. i bet i havent seen the last of him [turns to camera and winks]
me: i this some kind of reference to something? this game doesnt make any goddamn sense

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

We only just got a PS4 and started Yakuza Zero. After playing for a week...

Thank You Sega

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1197560301886918656

Thank You Sega

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P5 Royale coming out in March and costs a measly 60 dollars to upgrade existing copies. Thanks Sega .

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

P5 Royale coming out in March and costs a measly 60 dollars to upgrade existing copies. Thanks Sega .

Any details on what an existing save gets you?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

EmmyOk posted:

Any details on what an existing save gets you?

a coupon for 0% off

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

a coupon for 0% off

Another win for the thrifty gamer :cool:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i'd be much more likely to be swindled out of $60 if they put it on switch

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

P3P adding the extra MC which was a neat idea but the menu navigation made the world feel really dead and P4Golden added nothing meaningful to the game imo

Wish they’d do more poo poo like The Answer instead of the same 80 hour game but now we added one extra waifu

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bayonetta/Vanquish remasters coming to PS4/XB1 in February

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Wesley Willis - I whupped Lan Di’s rear end

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/1221661790649479174

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bread

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://twitter.com/DiverDownFGC/status/1227374921237618688?s=20

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

loving right

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol. Hell yeah

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao. masterful craftsmanship.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I gasped

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mega39s is out and there's a demo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's pretty much a nofrills port of FUture Tone, as advertised. There's no distinction between Future Sound/Colorful tone on the songs, so there's just one profile rank instead of 2, but all the control remapping options are intact and you can swap to the Iconic Shapes, so i was able to use my stick and remap everything to be arcade style and it was good. maybe there's an option that i didnt understand since the menus are in japanese, but, it would be nice to have a Handheld/Docked mapping option, so you dont have to remap your controls every time you take it out of the dock and want to play on public transit with the music on full blast. the new mode is pretty suck rear end and i wish they coulda used that dev time making charts for more new songs instead of making a billion charts for every song for a mode nobody is going to play.

anyway i give it a 39 out of 5 and will be getting the localized version on release. cheers.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

whyd they change the name for america, the pun no one here would understand was good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I shallt keep playing it on the ps4 due to the overwhelming badness of the switcjes buttons
gently caress you shiggy!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

I shallt keep playing it on the ps4 due to the overwhelming badness of the switcjes buttons
gently caress you shiggy!

theyre putting the new songs out as dlc for the ps4 version

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Win

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

theyre putting the new songs out as dlc for the ps4 version

thank you sega, thank you miku

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
thank you sega https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1227955585020153856

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the JRPG industry

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bayonetta/Vanquish remasters coming to PS4/XB1 in February

It's out tomorrow - Playstation Store shows it as $40 for a bundle of both. There does not appear to be single purchase options.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Fumaofthelake posted:

It's out tomorrow - Playstation Store shows it as $40 for a bundle of both. There does not appear to be single purchase options.

You can buy them separately now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Nice gonna rebuy Vanquish for sure