Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Betting market has fury wilder as a 50:50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Idly watching this PBC fox card and catching up on the thread and y'all really spent two pages arguing about Logan Paul and Antonio Brown?

Anyway the fights haven't been particularly good, but someone almost Andrew Golota'd themselves out of an easy win in the first one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Anyway the fights haven't been particularly good

They got good, holy poo poo.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grittybeard posted:

They got good, holy poo poo.

Stoppage with 1 second left, wild.

Good stoppage imo, was honestly surprised it was left to continue after the first, Perrella didn't exactly respond to the commands then either

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Grittybeard posted:

y'all really spent two pages arguing about Logan Paul and Antonio Brown?

It was pretty entertaining tbh.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
So I probably watch <5 boxing matches a year but I just rewatched Wilder v Fury I for the first time since live and I have decided that Fury will win this weekend. Am I a fool or should I bet the house ($20)?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
It’s a coin toss, as the odds at the top of the page show. If it goes the distance, Fury should win as the more complete boxer. Wilder just needs a couple of his trademark bombs in quick succession to see Fury off. I haven’t looked at the odds, but I imagine a long shot like Fury ko’ing Wilder in the first half would get you good money.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Never Bet On Heavyweights

(bet on heavyweights)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Screama posted:

So I probably watch <5 boxing matches a year but I just rewatched Wilder v Fury I for the first time since live and I have decided that Fury will win this weekend. Am I a fool or should I bet the house ($20)?

There are way worse bets you could make

Like betting on a comically erratic football player who’s never boxed a day in his life

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I enjoyed this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LgTI6DZgU
Not a lot of new insights even as someone who's only casually acquainted with Leonard's career, but there's gems in there.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Standard Nevada big fight officials for Wilder-Fury

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1230180623152709632?s=19

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Nothings changed in last few days, still 50:50.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Ima bet on the draw

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
So who will bear the terrible burden of a fight thread while Ninth Layer and Jump King make it with the Top Rank Knockouts two at a time Fredo Corleone style?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Is there any way of watching this on my mobile phone? I’ll be at a works event I cannot get out of and I love Deontay so much.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

willie_dee posted:

Is there any way of watching this on my mobile phone? I’ll be at a works event I cannot get out of and I love Deontay so much.

BT Sport is carrying in the UK and their page says mobile viewing is available. In the US both ESPN+ and Fox Sports Go are available on mobile.

EDIT: Now it's fight week in Vegas. No doubt our esteemed goons out there were snitching on About Billions :mad:

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1231009936139857920

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 22, 2020

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

So who will bear the terrible burden of a fight thread while Ninth Layer and Jump King make it with the Top Rank Knockouts two at a time Fredo Corleone style?

I watched ninth win 700 dollars on his first spin of the roulette wheel because he placed a big bet on 9 which is “his number”

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Praying the homophobic drugs cheat gets knocked out because I'm sick of hearing about what a great story he is.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Praying the homophobic drugs cheat gets knocked out because I'm sick of hearing about what a great story he is.

Same

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

“Fury opens up about mental health”

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

don't forget misogynistic

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I know literally zero about boxing, a friend invited me to his place to watch this, is it worth chipping in for the ppv to watch it, I don’t even know these guys

Sorry for the dumb question ha, will it be entertaining?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Do it ironically posted:

I know literally zero about boxing, a friend invited me to his place to watch this, is it worth chipping in for the ppv to watch it, I don’t even know these guys

Sorry for the dumb question ha, will it be entertaining?

yes, yes, and yes.

e: right now, the MGM lines are as follows:

Wilder outright -110
Fury outright even money
Wilder by decision 7/1
Wilder by KO 8/5
Fury by decision 7/5
Fury by KO 5/1
Draw 18/1
Will go to the 12th -120
Won't go even money

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 22, 2020

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Undercard starts at 9 Eastern, so the main should go off at about midnight, correct?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I have a goofy hunch that Wilder wins on points. Like lands a big knockdown early and then kinda picks his battles the rest of the way.

Who knows though this is gonna be wild

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

I have a goofy hunch that Wilder wins on points. Like lands a big knockdown early and then kinda picks his battles the rest of the way.

Who knows though this is gonna be wild

Might put a bet on that at 7/1

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i am edging towards wilder tonight despite fury being a much better boxer. fury's weight and the having a new trainer thing seem telling.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I think tyson has changed a bit. Hes a relatively smart lad. He wants his daughters to stay in school. Hes not perfect. I think I might like him.

I'm not gonna let my single minded middle classness blind me to my presumptions i've past made about him.

So he'll now lose hard.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 23, 2020

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I like Tyson Fury because he's a weirdo who looks something like Popeye when he boxes and he sings afterwards. He does not exist other than in the ring.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I turned on the undercard and there is an 8 foot man fighting a 4 foot man. Combined weight is 300 lbs.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Lennox Lewis comes out in favor of water

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why the gently caress are they still showing Wilder walking?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why the gently caress are they still showing Wilder walking?

I can’t watch, can you explain what is going on?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

willie_dee posted:

I can’t watch, can you explain what is going on?

A long boring main event promo

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

How long we got approx.?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ratios and Tendency posted:

How long we got approx.?

They’ll prob go on at midnight

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I love how they cut to both locker rooms, both these guys I don’t know at all, the one puts on a crown and pretends to have doggy style sex w someone while pretend slapping their rear end while the other one is stretching

I kind of think who I’m going to bet a shot on w my friends

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Hope Fury loses, i dislike Stephanie, hate HHH and i hope the Wwe dies.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

HHH loves bigots? You don't say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

Hope Fury loses, i dislike Stephanie, hate HHH and i hope the Wwe dies.

Yup yup, only one of these dudes took Saudi blood money when offered. I hope Wilder wins.

Gonna be watching this on delay in Spanish for free at home because I can get channels from Mexico on my cable package!